N.C. lawmakers back voter ID law

Jul 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Politico

A Republican-backed measure that would make sweeping changes to when and how North Carolinians can vote appears headed for a court fight.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 44 of44
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
JKX

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
What about it?
Voter ID laws do nothing to stop voter fraud. Those who seek to fraudulently vote will continue to do so.
The ONLY people prevented from voting by these voter ID laws are citizens who for whatever reason don't have a state issued voter ID card.
The fact that the overwhelming majority of those citizens just happen to vote for the Dems is the ONLY reason the GOPasaurs keep pushing these laws.
If statistics showed the majority of them voted for Republican, the GOPasaurs would NEVER EVER pass these bills.
It's ALL about keeping as many Dems from the polls as possible. It's all the GOPasaurs can do, because their voter base- i.e. old white men- is literally dying off.
In your opinion they do nothing.. without some sort of ID what is to stop someone from voting 2 or 3 times..or not even being a citizen ..as what happened in last 2 election..?..stats dont lie

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

JKX wrote:
<quoted text>
This is about stopping voter fraud.. BTW
No, it's not... BTW

Voter ID laws do NOTHING to prevent those who intend to vote fraudulently from voting.

They only make it harder for eligible citizens to exercise their right to vote.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Center-Left Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
My Christian beliefs are the foundation of my life and Jesus took care of the poor and traveled among the common man and the sick. I say that to emphasize just how strongly I believe in programs for the poor. Welfare, food stamps and housing is a small thing for a country this great. This is a Christian nation and we need to act as such. Especially Christian conservatives.
I applaud your version of Christianity. But this is not a Christian nation. Where do you get that idea?
JKX

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not... BTW
Voter ID laws do NOTHING to prevent those who intend to vote fraudulently from voting.
They only make it harder for eligible citizens to exercise their right to vote.
"Nothing to prevent"..?..LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 44 of44
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••