N.C. lawmakers back voter ID law

N.C. lawmakers back voter ID law

There are 44 comments on the Politico story from Jul 26, 2013, titled N.C. lawmakers back voter ID law. In it, Politico reports that:

A Republican-backed measure that would make sweeping changes to when and how North Carolinians can vote appears headed for a court fight.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Politico.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
JKX

Lehighton, PA

#41 Aug 5, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
What about it?
Voter ID laws do nothing to stop voter fraud. Those who seek to fraudulently vote will continue to do so.
The ONLY people prevented from voting by these voter ID laws are citizens who for whatever reason don't have a state issued voter ID card.
The fact that the overwhelming majority of those citizens just happen to vote for the Dems is the ONLY reason the GOPasaurs keep pushing these laws.
If statistics showed the majority of them voted for Republican, the GOPasaurs would NEVER EVER pass these bills.
It's ALL about keeping as many Dems from the polls as possible. It's all the GOPasaurs can do, because their voter base- i.e. old white men- is literally dying off.
In your opinion they do nothing.. without some sort of ID what is to stop someone from voting 2 or 3 times..or not even being a citizen ..as what happened in last 2 election..?..stats dont lie

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#42 Aug 6, 2013
JKX wrote:
<quoted text>
This is about stopping voter fraud.. BTW
No, it's not... BTW

Voter ID laws do NOTHING to prevent those who intend to vote fraudulently from voting.

They only make it harder for eligible citizens to exercise their right to vote.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#43 Aug 6, 2013
Center-Left Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
My Christian beliefs are the foundation of my life and Jesus took care of the poor and traveled among the common man and the sick. I say that to emphasize just how strongly I believe in programs for the poor. Welfare, food stamps and housing is a small thing for a country this great. This is a Christian nation and we need to act as such. Especially Christian conservatives.
I applaud your version of Christianity. But this is not a Christian nation. Where do you get that idea?
JKX

Lehighton, PA

#44 Aug 17, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not... BTW
Voter ID laws do NOTHING to prevent those who intend to vote fraudulently from voting.
They only make it harder for eligible citizens to exercise their right to vote.
"Nothing to prevent"..?..LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Congress to return from break with no clear pat... 15 min Dreamers Are Not ... 4
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 19 min unborn lives matter 331,026
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 30 min Tin foil hat club 1,710,462
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 41 min Into The Night 3,363
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 49 min Into The Night 38,426
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Cat 60,558
News At CPAC, Joy Villa responds to criticism about ... 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 2
News FBI in public fight with Trump over releasing R... 2 hr big tiki 1,800
News Dem Sen Nelson: 'Let's Get These Assault Weapon... 2 hr Pence of Tides 315
More from around the web