N.C. lawmakers back voter ID law

Jul 26, 2013 Full story: Politico 44

A Republican-backed measure that would make sweeping changes to when and how North Carolinians can vote appears headed for a court fight.

Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Center-Left Conservative

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Jul 26, 2013
The Supreme Court ruling left room for brilliant attorneys at the Justice Department to come up with a way to stop blatant discrimination against African American and Latino voters. I despise what some who belong to my Party are doing to try and prevent those who do not vote Republican from having a vote. We have to convince people that our ideas and candidates are worth supporting and stop trying to stop people from participating in our election process.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2 Jul 26, 2013
Typical GOPasaur tactic- make it as difficult as possible for those who tend to vote for the Dems (poor, students, minorities, etc).

Cutting early voting & same-day registration? So much for making it easier for people to vote.

Hopefully the courts will block this, but with the recent SCOTUS decision I doubt they'll have much luck.
Dan Salazar

AOL

#3 Jul 26, 2013
Bravo NC. America has value and we must defend the election process from Illegals getting to vote in districts dominated by Obamacrats.
Your Ex

United States

#4 Jul 26, 2013
Dan Salazar wrote:
Bravo NC. America has value and we must defend the election process from Illegals getting to vote in districts dominated by Obamacrats.
Redistricting didn't help much in '12
Voter suppression is your only hope now....
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Pennington, NJ

#5 Jul 26, 2013
rethugs can't win fairly so voter suppression is all they have left!
Dan Salazar

AOL

#6 Jul 26, 2013
This isn't 1950. Where is the voter suppression? Asking an American to show an ID to vote is just preserving the integrity of the voting system.
Your Ex

United States

#7 Jul 26, 2013
Dan Salazar wrote:
This isn't 1950. Where is the voter suppression? Asking an American to show an ID to vote is just preserving the integrity of the voting system.
Excellent point.
It's not 1950.
The demographics of the voting populace have changed rather dramatically, to say the least.
The Confederacy couldn't be happier about the repeal of the right-to-vote laws.
Except Texass.
We're STILL gonna watch them.
WOW

Las Vegas, NV

#8 Jul 26, 2013
Ctr -left con, spoken like a true Nazi. Why in the world would you want those that are NOT American citizens vote.
Your idea of voting rights are way off base. Those that vote, have the right to vote. True American citizens, not wanna be citizens that screw America whenever and however they can.
Your idea would have the Taliban voting in the next election. NO ID NO VOTE.
EVERY decent American has an ID. Those that don't don't care of give a crap about you and every other American. Bring proof and get an ID.
Dam thats hard to do, HUH?
Voting is an American right! Get it dumasss.

Tawas City, Michigan

#9 Jul 26, 2013
Dan Salazar wrote:
Requiring ID to vote doesn't prevent illegals from voting. They register with their fake ID and then vote with their fake ID. Everything matches.

It only makes it harder for citizens who don't have a real or fake id.

Tawas City, Michigan

#10 Jul 26, 2013
Dan Salazar wrote:
How?

How does it "preserve the integrity of the voting system"?

There is nothing to prevent me from registering to vote with a fake ID, and then turn around and vote using that same fake ID.

Since: Dec 07

Palestine, TX

#11 Jul 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Requiring ID to vote doesn't prevent illegals from voting. They register with their fake ID and then vote with their fake ID. Everything matches.
It only makes it harder for citizens who don't have a real or fake id.
Requiring voter ID will stop dems from voting more than once, which has been proven and you have admitted too. That's about as un-American and scummy as it gets. It will stop dems from bussing people to various polls and paying them to vote as they are told.

Sorry charlie.
Elle suce bite gross

AOL

#12 Jul 26, 2013
Anything to ensure the power stays with whitey!

Since: Dec 07

Palestine, TX

#13 Jul 26, 2013
Elle suce bite gross wrote:
Anything to ensure the power stays with whitey!
Any thing to ensure that one person one vote...as opposed to the demorats desires of destroying the constitution.

Keeping the thugs from taking power.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#14 Jul 26, 2013
Center-Left Conservative wrote:
The Supreme Court ruling left room for brilliant attorneys at the Justice Department to come up with a way to stop blatant discrimination against African American and Latino voters. I despise what some who belong to my Party are doing to try and prevent those who do not vote Republican from having a vote. We have to convince people that our ideas and candidates are worth supporting and stop trying to stop people from participating in our election process.
I admire your views about voting rights, but could you tell me what Republican "ideas" you support?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#15 Jul 26, 2013
WOW wrote:
Ctr -left con, spoken like a true Nazi. Why in the world would you want those that are NOT American citizens vote.
Your idea of voting rights are way off base. Those that vote, have the right to vote. True American citizens, not wanna be citizens that screw America whenever and however they can.
Your idea would have the Taliban voting in the next election. NO ID NO VOTE.
EVERY decent American has an ID. Those that don't don't care of give a crap about you and every other American. Bring proof and get an ID.
Dam thats hard to do, HUH?
Voting is an American right! Get it dumasss.
On what basis do you make the assumption that non-citizens get to vote? Is this the latest far right mantra? Your allegation is simply an effort to suppress the non-white vote. It won't work.
Your Ex

United States

#16 Jul 26, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Requiring voter ID will stop dems from voting more than once, which has been proven and you have admitted too. That's about as un-American and scummy as it gets. It will stop dems from bussing people to various polls and paying them to vote as they are told.
Sorry charlie.
Clueless.
Again.
Still.
Your Ex

United States

#17 Jul 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Any thing to ensure that one person one vote...as opposed to the demorats desires of destroying the constitution.
Keeping the thugs from taking power.
Must be tough knowing that with every high schooler that graduates, the GOP slips ever further into irrelevancy..

Tawas City, Michigan

#18 Jul 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Sorry charlie.
Nope, it doesn't.

Nothing prevents me from voting in Michigan and again in Maine where I have property as well.

Nothing prevents me from registering under multiple names using multiple fake IDs and then voting under each of those names.

Voter ID laws do nothing to prevent that.

Tawas City, Michigan

#19 Jul 26, 2013
The ONLY reason the GOPasaurs support voter ID laws is because they know it makes it more difficult for legal citizens who normally vote for the Dems to exercise their right.

That's why they are always trying to cut voting hours and get rid of early voting as well. They know the majority of those who vote early are Dems, and they are hoping to discourage them from voting on Tues by making the lines as long as possible.

When your base is literally dying off, all you can do is try to prevent the opposition from voting.
Center-Left Conservative

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 Jul 26, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I admire your views about voting rights, but could you tell me what Republican "ideas" you support?
Although I do believe that we need revenue for the country, military and social programs; I do not want taxes to be astronomical. I believe in the 2nd Amendment and smaller government. But it concerns me to see so many rabid extremist speaking out for the Party. Iím a moderate conservative, not a loon and I will call things as I see them right or wrong no matter what side I see it on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Poll: Hillary Clinton still tops in 2016 2 min xxxrayted 177
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 3 min Just Think 58,719
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,206,012
News Russia providing arms to Ukrainian separatists:... 6 min Pro Ukraine 406
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min Earthling-1 52,253
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 35 min Igor Trip 154,610
News Does Obama need a new strategy to fight ISIS? 45 min Silent Echo 124
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 hr Quirky 320,095
News Ted Cruz Announces White House Bid 8 hr bend 239
News Cheney: Obama Is 'Worst President in My Lifetime' 9 hr woodtick57 301
More from around the web