Moscow may have saved Obama's bacon i...

Moscow may have saved Obama's bacon in Syria

There are 66 comments on the Cape Breton Post story from Sep 24, 2013, titled Moscow may have saved Obama's bacon in Syria. In it, Cape Breton Post reports that:

It was already looking likely that President Bashar al-Assad's regime would survive - it has had the upper hand militarily in the Syrian civil war for at least six months now - but the events of the past two weeks have made that virtually certain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cape Breton Post.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#1 Sep 24, 2013
Indeed, Putin saved Obama's butt!!!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Sep 24, 2013
May have...but didn't

Obama Obliterates The Republican Myth That Putin Saved Him on Syria

On ABC’s This Week, President Obama destroyed the Republican created myth that Putin saved him on Syria, and obliterated the GOP talking points on the issue.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/09/15/obama-...
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#3 Sep 24, 2013
ActuaIIy wrote:
May have...but didn't
Obama Obliterates The Republican Myth That Putin Saved Him on Syria
On ABC’s This Week, President Obama destroyed the Republican created myth that Putin saved him on Syria, and obliterated the GOP talking points on the issue.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/09/15/obama-...
And you believe that clown? Obama has been lying since he took office!
inconvenient truths

United States

#4 Sep 24, 2013
'Destroyed' LOL. Political doublespeak.

Putin saved his ass, period. If he were a man, he'd admit it, instead of sucking up to the anti-Putin pundits who are suddenly coming out in droves, like so many cockroaches in a ghetto kitchen.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#5 Sep 24, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> And you believe that clown? Obama has been lying since he took office!
Can you prove otherwise? Or just here to argue, cry and whine?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#6 Sep 24, 2013
inconvenient truths wrote:
'Destroyed' LOL. Political doublespeak.
Putin saved his ass, period. If he were a man, he'd admit it, instead of sucking up to the anti-Putin pundits who are suddenly coming out in droves, like so many cockroaches in a ghetto kitchen.
As asked above...can you PROVE otherwise or are you on here just to argue, cry and whine?
Adale

Arlington, VA

#7 Sep 24, 2013
Obama has lost credibility with the
American public when it comes to foreign affairs.
You can spin your rhetoric ,(the worlds red line) but we the people of the world have seen through the
inept ability of this false messiah.

Your retarded if you actually believe that bombing Syria was a good idea, and don't even try telling us that the outcome was all
preplanned.
Kerry didn't have a clue, neither did
O'bumbles
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#8 Sep 24, 2013
inconvenient truths wrote:
'Destroyed' LOL. Political doublespeak.
Putin saved his ass, period. If he were a man, he'd admit it, instead of sucking up to the anti-Putin pundits who are suddenly coming out in droves, like so many cockroaches in a ghetto kitchen.
Exactly!! Those clowns will do anything to try to make that bumbling Obama look good.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#9 Sep 24, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly!! Those clowns will do anything to try to make that bumbling Obama look good.
Find anything to debunk my posts yet? Cry, whine, and say "did not did not" do not count as proof.
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#10 Sep 24, 2013
ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Find anything to debunk my posts yet? Cry, whine, and say "did not did not" do not count as proof.
Proof? LOL!! Your links to propaganda prove nothing!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#11 Sep 24, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Proof? LOL!! Your links to propaganda prove nothing!
So you have no proof - yawn
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#12 Sep 24, 2013
ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have no proof - yawn
And what's your proof? Links to more idiotic propaganda? LOL! Give it up, people see right through your idiotic bullchit.
inconvenient truths

United States

#13 Sep 24, 2013
ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
As asked above...can you PROVE otherwise or are you on here just to argue, cry and whine?
The generally accepted belief is that Obama had dug himself into a hole and Russia's proposal had given him a way out.

You're trying to refute (in other words PROVE it isn't true) that belief with an article, which falls far short of what you're trying to refute.

Simply put, you yourself accepted the onus of proof to be on you, not me. Failing that task, you resort to inanities.

Come back when you can draft a logical, intelligent response, or don't come back at all. This isn't kindergarten.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Sep 24, 2013
The west would have suffered a humiliating military defeat in Syria. Putin gave them a face saving way to avoid disaster.
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#15 Sep 25, 2013
inconvenient truths wrote:
<quoted text>
The generally accepted belief is that Obama had dug himself into a hole and Russia's proposal had given him a way out.
You're trying to refute (in other words PROVE it isn't true) that belief with an article, which falls far short of what you're trying to refute.
Simply put, you yourself accepted the onus of proof to be on you, not me. Failing that task, you resort to inanities.
Come back when you can draft a logical, intelligent response, or don't come back at all. This isn't kindergarten.
Well said!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#16 Sep 25, 2013
inconvenient truths wrote:
<quoted text>
The generally accepted belief is that Obama had dug himself into a hole and Russia's proposal had given him a way out.
You're trying to refute (in other words PROVE it isn't true) that belief with an article, which falls far short of what you're trying to refute.
Simply put, you yourself accepted the onus of proof to be on you, not me. Failing that task, you resort to inanities.
Come back when you can draft a logical, intelligent response, or don't come back at all. This isn't kindergarten.
Argue just to argue....all I asked was proof and again you provide none.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#17 Sep 25, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> And what's your proof? Links to more idiotic propaganda? LOL! Give it up, people see right through your idiotic bullchit.
Funny how republitards like you cry that every site that exposes their lies is "propaganda" yet these same idiots can NEVER find any source that backs up their lies.

Irony can be very ironic - William Shatner
inconvenient truths

United States

#18 Sep 25, 2013
ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how republitards like you cry that every site that exposes their lies is "propaganda" yet these same idiots can NEVER find any source that backs up their lies.
Irony can be very ironic - William Shatner
ACTUALLY, your blind assumption that one is a 'republitard' gives you away like nothing else can. You, just as many 'republitards', are a true believer, putting your political biases ahead of the resolution of a foreign crisis. You're just the opposite side of the 'republitard' coin. Mixed metaphors aside, you both clearly fail to see the forest for the trees.

It's clear (to me anyway) that the convenience factor of the Russian proposal was secondary to the wisdom of Obama's following up on it. I for one, applaud Obama's strength of character and vision in resisting the pressures of many of his advisors and critics in taking this route (the forest). Who thought of what first (the trees) is frankly irrelevant (except to the little minds scurrying for political brownie points, yours included).
inconvenient truths

United States

#19 Sep 25, 2013
And again, I'll remind you: trying to prove a negative with a negative will never get you anywhere in the rational world.
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#20 Sep 25, 2013
ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how republitards like you cry that every site that exposes their lies is "propaganda" yet these same idiots can NEVER find any source that backs up their lies.
Irony can be very ironic - William Shatner
Clowns like you are the only ones conveying "lies and propaganda". You are just upset that people now see right through your manipulative BS. Just look at your hero Obama's approval ratings, and you'll see what Americans think of that fool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Neil Gorsuch sides with liberals to tip decisio... 3 min Impeach the Creep 31
News Gov. Jerry Brown says agreement reached on Cali... 6 min spud 9
News Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing... 9 min Impeach the Creep 2
News Trump Invites Putin to the U.S., Offers Visit t... 13 min Impeach the Creep 7
News 'Get on the Right Side': Shooting Survivors Dec... 20 min Critical Eye 1,321
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 28 min Uncle Jack 71,308
News Comey speculates Russians may have damaging inf... 29 min Critical Eye 226
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr San Souci 1,744,401