Moms make case for gun control

Moms make case for gun control

There are 9248 comments on the usatoday.com story from Mar 16, 2013, titled Moms make case for gun control. In it, usatoday.com reports that:

Peg Paulson had never beaten a path through the halls of Congress before or met a U.S. senator's staffer or advocated for a controversial issue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at usatoday.com.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#6047 Sep 25, 2013
SATANISGOD wrote:
Proving once again to be the pervert you are.{smh}

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#6049 Sep 25, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. And the answer to your question is no. Because the mentally ill and criminal are free to roam anywhere they please instead of being locked up where they belong.
We have 2 million people in our prison system, more than anywhere else in the world.

As our prison budget rises, our school budgets shrink and guess what dumbing down America now costs us? It costs $80,000 per year to house one prisoner. You do the math....$80k X 2,000,000.

I guess if you think that is tax dollars well spent, than I'm wasting key strokes.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

#6050 Sep 25, 2013
SATANISGOD wrote:
isn't it funny how the armed retards keep ignoring the stats that all the developed nations with good gun control measures have the lowest gun homicides...
instead, all they want to do is jerk off about their their rights...
why don't they jerk 0ff about their rights to being searched at airports...or their rights to carrying a pocket knife onto an airline...
Ignorance and fear go hand in hand.
That's the mantra of the NRA and the reason they have been
so successful in turning us into a militia state.

Southeast Virginia

#6051 Sep 25, 2013
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>Ignorance and fear go hand in hand.
That's the mantra of the NRA and the reason they have been
so successful in turning us into a militia state.
And your purposed police state would be better, how???

Southeast Virginia

#6053 Sep 25, 2013
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>We have 2 million people in our prison system, more than anywhere else in the world.
As our prison budget rises, our school budgets shrink and guess what dumbing down America now costs us? It costs $80,000 per year to house one prisoner. You do the math....$80k X 2,000,000.
I guess if you think that is tax dollars well spent, than I'm wasting key strokes.
It really is quite simple. If someone is convicted of a violent felony, you don't keep throwing them back in jail over and over again. Once they have proven to be nothing more than a danger to society.......YOU ELIMINATE THEM. Period. You don't keep putting them back on the street to be arrested them again for doing the same thing. The only reason the death penalty isn't a better deterrent is because it is not enfored enough.

Also, stop spending 80,000 dollars a year per inmate. You make life in prison HARD instead of coddling these assholes with three hots and cot and cable TV. Put their butts back on chain gangs and make them pay off their debt to society. Sherrif Joe Arpaio has it down to a science.

Next.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

#6054 Sep 25, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
It really is quite simple. If someone is convicted of a violent felony, you don't keep throwing them back in jail over and over again. Once they have proven to be nothing more than a danger to society.......YOU ELIMINATE THEM. Period. You don't keep putting them back on the street to be arrested them again for doing the same thing. The only reason the death penalty isn't a better deterrent is because it is not enfored enough.
Also, stop spending 80,000 dollars a year per inmate. You make life in prison HARD instead of coddling these assholes with three hots and cot and cable TV. Put their butts back on chain gangs and make them pay off their debt to society. Sherrif Joe Arpaio has it down to a science.
Next.
So much for a civilized society.
It's people like you who entertain extremely violent thoughts
that shouldn't be allowed to own guns or roam freely.
Yikes, is this country in trouble.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

#6056 Sep 25, 2013
SATANISGOD wrote:
<quoted text>
and we also have more guns in the hands of the public than any other nation...you would think we would be safest nation on earth....well so much for that myth...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_p...
That myth was brought to you by the NRA which stands for
Not
Real
Astute

"We are committed to upholding the gun rights of the mentally disturbed and criminals." NRA
spOko

Oakland, CA

#6057 Sep 25, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR Post #5933
The words YOU posted...
"Clearly gun use in the US is out of control and unless we do something about it the international community should intervene."
...NOT mine.
Clearly, the point in my post has gone over your head, besides the UN is already working on an international gun treaty!

Southeast Virginia

#6058 Sep 25, 2013
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>So much for a civilized society.
It's people like you who entertain extremely violent thoughts
that shouldn't be allowed to own guns or roam freely.
Yikes, is this country in trouble.
A civilized society doesn't further endanger the general populus by returning violent criminals to the streets to further victimize the innocent. If these violent people wish to act like feral animals and threaten the innocent, they deserve nothing more than to be PUT DOWN like feral animals.

Evil people exist, whether you want to face that FACT or not. They are here for nothing more than to cause pain and suffering to others, and no amount of rehabilitation will EVER convert them. And if you are not willing to rid society of them PERMANENTLY, then you must be prepard to spend a LOT of money to keep them safely away from those they would bring harm to. I'll choose the less expensive of the two. What say you???

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6061 Sep 25, 2013
Hey Scooter wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHA, at least you admitted you where not the one who took the blue pill
I don't need to take any pills, sweetcheeks, your wife can stiffen up anyone's putter... except maybe yours, shug.

Location hidden

#6062 Sep 25, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
It really is quite simple. If someone is convicted of a violent felony, you don't keep throwing them back in jail over and over again.
Send them to a gun show where they can buy firearms from people like you who insist you have a right to sell them to anyone that has the cash.

Buy back program.

Location hidden

#6063 Sep 25, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
A lie, no matter how many times you repeat it..
A lie?

You don't read your own brochures, StickyLips?

It's very simple: when you sell a gun to someone, either you do a background check or you don't have the foggiest idea whatsoever if he/she is a felon or not.

And you insist you have the right to sell to complete strangers without doing a background check.

I'm not the one who has to pretend there's no loophole, Sticky.

Location hidden

#6064 Sep 25, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
A civilized society doesn't further endanger the general populus by returning violent criminals to the streets
Actually, a civilized society doesn't put them to death or put them in prison forever.

Putting aside you insist you are worried about "endangering" society by returning felons to the streets but you continue to fight tooth and nail for the "right" to sell these felons guns.

Funny how these horrible felons are roaming the streets but at least when they get out, they aren't carrying guns.

Until they go to a gun show that you are running - the firearm for felons program - in states like Virginia that all too happy to sell to people whom you don't have a clue.
dude

Aberdeen, WA

#6065 Sep 25, 2013
Well most of us gun owners are not dangerous ghetto kids or guilty of anything most you would find to be not moral behavior. Quit breaking our balls. Someday a ccw holder might save your life.

Location hidden

#6067 Sep 25, 2013
dude wrote:
Well most of us gun owners are not dangerous ghetto kids or guilty of anything most you would find to be not moral behavior.
Most of us gun owners are smart enough to understand you don't sell guns to complete strangers, especially at gun shows that advertise private sales free of background checks.
And

Huntsville, AL

#6068 Sep 25, 2013
dude wrote:
Well most of us gun owners are not dangerous ghetto kids .
not racist LOL

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#6069 Sep 25, 2013
I love how the democrat is seen in the FBI video with a pump shotgun and not an AR15. This is much like the Sandy Hook lie, where they claim the shooter used an AR15 but in reality the AR15 never left the shooters car.
Marauder

North Pole, AK

#6070 Sep 26, 2013
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>Sick people go to hospitals and sometimes they die. Doesn't mean the doctors killed them, you twit.
The more guns takeover this country, the weaker we become and soon our tourism industry will collapse. Who in their right mind would bring their family here when 100,000 people every year are either wounded or killed by guns in our once great country?
I'm thinking of moving to Canada, maybe even Australia, in the future and every day I pray my kids are safe in school, the mall, the movies, at the park, the library, church, post office, work, hell....is there anywhere in this country that we haven't had a mass shooting incident?
"Sick people go to hospitals and sometimes they die. Doesn't mean the doctors killed them, you twit."

Guess you didn't read...or didn't comprehend what was posted...or didn't follow the link...so here it is again. Read a little slower. See if you can comprehend the meaning of "bad hospital care contributed to the deaths"...or..."prev entable harm that contributes to their death"...or..."medic al errors the third-leading cause of death". That means their death was cause by the doctors or the hospital...NOT from some disease or sickness that they went there for.

Read;

In 2010, the Office of Inspector General for Health and Human Services said that bad hospital care contributed to the deaths of 180,000 patients in Medicare alone in a given year.

Now comes a study in the current issue of the Journal of Patient Safety that says the numbers may be much higher between 210,000 and 440,000 patients each year who go to the hospital for care suffer some type of preventable harm that contributes to their death, the study says.

That would make medical errors the third-leading cause of death in America, behind heart disease, which is the first, and cancer, which is second.

http://www.theskanner.com/article/How-Many-Di ...

"I'm thinking of moving to Canada, maybe even Australia,..."

Don't let the door hit you in the arse.
Marauder

North Pole, AK

#6071 Sep 26, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfectly legal, sausage sucker.
Where I am at.
And most of America.
Go back to your table- handing out flyers to felons, Shug.
Liar...post the law.
Marauder

North Pole, AK

#6072 Sep 26, 2013
Anarchist wrote:
<quoted text>Wow.
You joined the Service because they werent as picky as Burger King and you have a gun...are we supposed to be impressed?
Nobody cares if you are or not...you are insignificant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Joy 1,640,948
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 15 min River Tam 41,704
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 37 min Fugooo 64,113
News Roy Moore's lawyer challenges Alabama woman's c... 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 11
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Casey 14,076
Beijing 2008 Martial Arts Training Camp: SHUAI ... 2 hr Chua Boon Teng 1
News Trump returns to immigration issue with Arizona... 2 hr Bobs Towing 25
News Roy Moore's sexual assault allegations cloud Al... 4 hr Retribution 179
News Senator Al Franken accused of groping, kissing ... 6 hr youll shoot your ... 66
More from around the web