Ruling motivates Romney supporters

Ruling motivates Romney supporters

There are 552 comments on the The Washington Post story from Jun 28, 2012, titled Ruling motivates Romney supporters. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

If conservatives needed any more motivation to unseat President Obama, they got it Thursday from the Supreme Court, which provided fresh political opportunities for Mitt Romney even as it handed the president a legal victory.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 28
Next Last

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#1 Jun 28, 2012
The mission is to end the lord marshal b. h. obama and every democRat possible in November. The Constitution of The United States and the prosperity of America means nothing to them and it's past time for them to go...to hell.

Since: Aug 10

El Paso, TX

#2 Jun 28, 2012
Romney is offended that Obamacare was not named Romneycare when he did the same mandate in Massachusetts. He should get over it and fact-free retardlican fundamentalists, debating the facts with them is about as productive as jesus debate with religious nuts.

Obamacare?

Romneydontgiveafück!

Since: Dec 07

Frankston, TX

#3 Jun 28, 2012
Kool Arrow wrote:
Romney is offended that Obamacare was not named Romneycare when he did the same mandate in Massachusetts. He should get over it and fact-free retardlican fundamentalists, debating the facts with them is about as productive as jesus debate with religious nuts.
Obamacare?
Romneydontgiveafück!
Romneycare was in one state, voted on by the people and not a tax.

Nobamacare was rammed down the throats of the American people, promised it wasn't a tax, the SC says it is. Let's guess what nobama will tax next?

El Paso, TX

#4 Jun 28, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Romneycare was in one state,
Are you saying Romneycare was actually a public vote? What are you talking about?
And why should we believe that that one state is special and the only one that could possibly host this mandate, which has been called by the right wing since Nixon? It's a pathetic disconnect to expect intelligent people to not see these complaints on the national healthcare bill as merely anti-Obama partisan hackery. But you can bank on the base to swallow that tripe.
Darryl Washington

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Jun 28, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
The mission is to end the lord marshal b. h. obama and every democRat possible in November. The Constitution of The United States and the prosperity of America means nothing to them and it's past time for them to go...to hell.
The Supreme Court has ruled that nothing about Obamacare is unconstitutional, a decision that has infuriated right wing extremists, as indicated by today’s predictable flurry of increased expressions of rage, name calling and purveying of misinformation. Boehner, Romney and others have been barking even louder than usual but will not actually repeal or replace Obamacare because it would be political suicide. Although they have been going down that path so far, certainly their better judgment will ultimately prevail. I don’t think they’re crazy or stupid. I merely disagree with them for not having a better healthcare plan to offer.

Frankston, TX

#6 Jun 28, 2012
Kool Arrow wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying Romneycare was actually a public vote? What are you talking about?
And why should we believe that that one state is special and the only one that could possibly host this mandate, which has been called by the right wing since Nixon? It's a pathetic disconnect to expect intelligent people to not see these complaints on the national healthcare bill as merely anti-Obama partisan hackery. But you can bank on the base to swallow that tripe.
What you and many on the left fail to see, is the fact that Roberts shot it down on the individual mandate and then also gave the states a way out of enacting. So while this looks like a huge win today, the bloom will fastly come off the rose when the supporters of Healthcare realize how they just got f'd on the implementation. Nobama lied when he said it wasn't a tax, and now the SC says it is. Romney donations in four hours after the decision were 1.5 million. More pouring in.
Roberts may have just energized the right like never before. You can bet that interveiw with George S, saying its not a tax will be a powerful campaign commercial for Romney.

Dance while you can, the music is just about over.

Frankston, TX

#7 Jun 28, 2012
Kool Arrow wrote:
<quoted text>
Each state is special, read the 10th Amendment, you must've missed it.

Since: Jun 09

Twentynine Palms, CA

#8 Jun 28, 2012
What you and many on the left fail to see, is the fact that Roberts shot it down on the individual mandate and then also gave the states a way out of enacting. So while this looks like a huge win today, the bloom will fastly come off the rose when the supporters of Healthcare realize how they just got f'd on the implementation. Nobama lied when he said it wasn't a tax, and now the SC says it is. Romney donations in four hours after the decision were 1.5 million. More pouring in. Roberts may have just energized the right like never before. You can bet that interveiw with George S, saying its not a tax will be a powerful campaign commercial for Romney. Dance while you can, the music is just about over.
You're correct about the Right being energized, but Romney doesn't seem to be for anything -- just against Obamacare. If he is able to repeal it, with what will he replace it? What would be his federal health care policy? I've heard some intriguing ideas from some conservatives (e.g. indiviual tax write-offs for insurance, health care savings accounts, interstate insurance purchases, high risk pools, etc.), but where is the comprehensive GOP/Romney federal health plan. If the Republicans had reformed healthcare when they controlled the White House and Congress, then Omacare might have had less popular appeal. Yes, I know that it is unpopular, but Romney is taking a big risk by being little more than the Unobama. It's possible that the economy will stay in lousy ehough shape for Romney to win with his current strategy, but his propects may improve if he articulates a positive message.(This goes for other issues too, like immigration, foreign policy, etc.) It also wouldn't hurt if he'd pick a running mate who will energize his campaign and/or appeal to a constiuency with whom he currently has limited appeal.(e.g. Bobbby Jindal, Sara Martinez, etc.)

Since: Jun 09

Twentynine Palms, CA

#9 Jun 28, 2012
You are correct, but Romney needs to appeal to voters on stronger grounds than just states' rights. If he wants to improve his chances of winning, that is.

Frankston, TX

#10 Jun 28, 2012
I hate to ruin the lefts celebration today. But now that you know tha individual mandate is a tax,
YOU.........and not your employer or the rich as you have wished, will be forced to pay out of YOUR pocket, the tax, or else the IRS will: take it out of your tax return, levy a fine against...YOU.
Sieze your bank account and/or any other assests you have.

But hey lefites, party on!

El Paso, TX

#11 Jun 28, 2012
<quoted text>
If they're that special that they're too good for the mandates of a presidential candidate that flip-flopped, they should leave the nation. Secede, no kick the bums out, end all aid and place embargoes on them.

El Paso, TX

#12 Jun 28, 2012
Dance while you can, the music is just about over.
Get a life, you little loser. Whoever wins any phony elections won't change a damn thing in real life other than the rhetoric of lame whackjobs like yourself. The only thing dancing here is your pissed off beer belly. And the only one with a personal stake in all this phony corrupt government dog and pony show are little losers like you with no rea lives of their own, no personal accomplishments just bitter hackery as you cheer on all this pro-wrestling of your politicians.
Brian Terrys Soul

Mesa, AZ

#13 Jun 28, 2012
Thats right my entire family pitched in to Romney today. We have to save our country from Marxism.

Frankston, TX

#14 Jun 29, 2012
Kool Arrow wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a life, you little loser. Whoever wins any phony elections won't change a damn thing in real life other than the rhetoric of lame whackjobs like yourself. The only thing dancing here is your pissed off beer belly. And the only one with a personal stake in all this phony corrupt government dog and pony show are little losers like you with no rea lives of their own, no personal accomplishments just bitter hackery as you cheer on all this pro-wrestling of your politicians.
You really are a fkn bigot, aren't you? It will be changed. I obvioiusly have more of a life than you do. I stand for something, you just lay down and accept whatever runs over you, screwball.

Don't have a beer belly and am wondering why if nobama is so great, why congress and several unions are exempt from it.

You're gullible and you're stupid.

Frankston, TX

#15 Jun 29, 2012
Kool Arrow wrote:
<quoted text>
If they're that special that they're too good for the mandates of a presidential candidate that flip-flopped, they should leave the nation. Secede, no kick the bums out, end all aid and place embargoes on them.
I will close gitmo
I will will get rid of patriot act
I will get rid of Bush tax cuts.
I will create 3 million jobs with shovel ready.....etc.

Nobama is king of flip floppers, nutball. Squirrels take a liking to you right away, don't they?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#19 Jun 29, 2012
<quoted text>
I will close gitmo
I will will get rid of patriot act
I will get rid of Bush tax cuts.
I will create 3 million jobs with shovel ready.....etc.
Nobama is king of flip floppers, nutball. Squirrels take a liking to you right away, don't they?
We will save the banking industry

We will save the American Auto industry

We will kill Bin Laden

We will pass Healthcare reform

We will end the war in Iraq

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#20 Jun 29, 2012
“With regards to the individual mandate,” then-Governor Romney said, “the individual responsibility program that I proposed, I was very pleased that the compromise between the two houses includes the personal responsibility mandate. That is essential for bringing the health care costs down for everyone and getting everyone the health insurance they need.”
CONSERVATIVE

Commerce, GA

#21 Jun 29, 2012
Darryl Washington wrote:
<quoted text>
The Supreme Court has ruled that nothing about Obamacare is unconstitutional, a decision that has infuriated right wing extremists, as indicated by today’s predictable flurry of increased expressions of rage, name calling and purveying of misinformation. Boehner, Romney and others have been barking even louder than usual but will not actually repeal or replace Obamacare because it would be political suicide. Although they have been going down that path so far, certainly their better judgment will ultimately prevail. I don’t think they’re crazy or stupid. I merely disagree with them for not having a better healthcare plan to offer.
Meanwhile back in reality. Actually the court found the mandate in the statute UNCONSTITUTIONAL AS WRITTEN. The chief justice interpreted the statute to be a TAX, not a PENALTY. Nobama and co. went to great lengths to define the statute as a PENALTY. Now we KNOW it was a TAX all along. Congress can NOT penalize but it can TAX. It's the old same but different analogy. As for repealing the law being a suicide mission, how do you figure that, when almost 70% of Americans DON'T want it? Nobamacare was also the reason for the rise of The Tea Party, and the biggest reason (D) got their a$$es handed to them in the 2010 midterms. You don't think those same people are going to be pissed about this ruling? Not to mention all the other shyt nobama has done and is doing? I believe as bad as this ruling was, in the end it will be the end of nobama. He has NOTHING on which to run. Now he will be known for implementing the BIGGEST TAX INCREASE IN HISTORY ON ALL OF AMERICANS, after he promised he would not raise taxes on anyone making under $250K. Does "read my lips, no new taxes" ring any bells? He also promised not to sign any new legislation that added 1 cent to the debt. This adds quite a few cents to the debt. He's so far gone, he just doesn't know it! Tea Party 2012!
CONSERVATIVE

Commerce, GA

#22 Jun 29, 2012
I hate to ruin the lefts celebration today. But now that you know tha individual mandate is a tax,
YOU.........and not your employer or the rich as you have wished, will be forced to pay out of YOUR pocket, the tax, or else the IRS will: take it out of your tax return, levy a fine against...YOU.
Sieze your bank account and/or any other assests you have.
But hey lefites, party on!
I told them, enjoy this moment in the sun while you can, because it will be short lived. Come November 2012 they'll be wishing it was November 2010, and we know how that worked out for them! Now nobama will be seen as the president that implemented the BIGGEST TAX INCREASE IN HISTORY ON ALL AMERICANS! Yes even those making UNDER $250K! How you're a millionaire making $250K still eludes me but whatever. It has also since been determined by the CBO nobamacare will add MORE than a cent to the debt. Wonder if anyone remembers nobama saying he would not sign ANY legislation that added 1 cent to the debt? I believe as bad as this ruling was, it will actually be what puts an end to this reign of terror that has been threatening us for 3.5 yrs! Tea Party 2012!
Wake Up

United States

#23 Jun 29, 2012
Mitt Romney received 1 million in donations yesterday alone, gee I wonder why.. Yes today we will be taking nobama's advice and move forward...with a donation to Governor Romney shortly! He stated a promise to halt Obamacare with repeal, the tea party and all freedom loving Americans who do want any part of this huge tax increase will be joining him in November!
CONSERVATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
Meanwhile back in reality. Actually the court found the mandate in the statute UNCONSTITUTIONAL AS WRITTEN. The chief justice interpreted the statute to be a TAX, not a PENALTY. Nobama and co. went to great lengths to define the statute as a PENALTY. Now we KNOW it was a TAX all along. Congress can NOT penalize but it can TAX. It's the old same but different analogy. As for repealing the law being a suicide mission, how do you figure that, when almost 70% of Americans DON'T want it? Nobamacare was also the reason for the rise of The Tea Party, and the biggest reason (D) got their a$$es handed to them in the 2010 midterms. You don't think those same people are going to be pissed about this ruling? Not to mention all the other shyt nobama has done and is doing? I believe as bad as this ruling was, in the end it will be the end of nobama. He has NOTHING on which to run. Now he will be known for implementing the BIGGEST TAX INCREASE IN HISTORY ON ALL OF AMERICANS, after he promised he would not raise taxes on anyone making under $250K. Does "read my lips, no new taxes" ring any bells? He also promised not to sign any new legislation that added 1 cent to the debt. This adds quite a few cents to the debt. He's so far gone, he just doesn't know it! Tea Party 2012!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 28
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 15 min Impeach 46,818
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 46 min Reality Check 1,658,349
News Countdown clock ticking for Trump, Republicans 56 min Concave 53
News DA Files Charges in Multi-Million-Dollar Invest... (Mar '15) 1 hr La Jolla Resident 33
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Frindly 14,881
News Democrats silent on whether Trump should resign... 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 8
News FBI agent removed from Russia probe called Trum... 1 hr Red Crosse 51
News Trump accusers call for congressional investiga... 2 hr Thank you John Mc... 134
News Trump says US 'cannot afford' Roy Moore loss in... 2 hr DR X 180
More from around the web