Pastor Won't Testify in Same-Sex Custody Dispute

Jan 25, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

A Virginia pastor convicted of helping a woman and her daughter involved in a custody dispute with the woman's former lesbian partner was taken into federal custody Thursday after refusing to answer questions about others involved in the flight posed by grand jury investigating the custody case.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of405
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
straight shooter

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I absolutely love to hear the HATE you guys spew for this man...
all he did was keep the kid with his biological mother and not with an effective "step parent"...
AzAdam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

straight shooter wrote:
I absolutely love to hear the HATE you guys spew for this man...
all he did was keep the kid with his biological mother and not with an effective "step parent"...
That's the intensity of emotion people have when you take their kid. I for one picture myself in that situation. I'd be alot less civil than she is being.
Chance

Grove City, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Cal In AZ wrote:
The bible commands you to obey the civil law.(Which means our American Revoltionary War directly violated the that particular biblical command.)
Remember the story of the Israelites and how they were led at God's command by Moses out of Egypt? I don't suppose that the Egyptian government just stepped aside and let them go. No, not even when God brought plagues against the pharoah and followers. Even after all those horrible things that happened, the pharoah sent his soldiers after the Israelites, and the soldiers were drowned when the Red Sea (which had parted to allow the Moses and the Israelites to pass through on dry ground) came crashing back in on them. And then there are countless stories of kings deposed and leaders killed and governments thrown out. Clearly, God is not on the side of every single government. Clearly God is on the side of those who resist oppressive and corrupt leadership. God commands over and over again, obey MY laws. When government doesn't obey God's laws, then government is corrupt. To follow such a government is to follow evil.

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

cpeter1313 wrote:
No, that would be wrong. The 5th amendment only covers self-incrimination in certain circumstances. He's already admitted to his actions; he is refusing to incriminate others, which is OT so covered. Also, when interrogated by the police, yo0u are required to give basic information concerning identity; withholding it is a crime.
<quoted text>
UNTRUE. If any person in the U.S. whether an agent of the government or not, speaks to you, or questions you, about ANYTHING, you are under nor legal, nor moral, obligation to answer or say anything at all.

Have you ever seen any cop show or lawyer sho on tv or the movies, where a person refuses to speak to the cops or anyone else ? They ALWAYS do ! LOL but they don't have to. If the person questioned, suspect, witness, or other, simply refuses to answer, then they wouldnt have a tv show.

And in real life, if one refuses to answer, there is nothing they can LEGALLY do. They coud break both their arms or waterboard them, but that isn't legal. Simply by beaing on U.S. soil, whether citizen or not, you have an ABSOLUTE RIGHT not to speak to ANY one at ANY time, for ANY reason, bethey from the government or not.
Chance

Grove City, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

cpeter1313 wrote:
Please Lord, deliver chance and his family into the hands of pedophile priests and serial killers, and let their bodies be harvested for parts so that they could actually do something useful on earth instead or defending kdnappers and their abettors.
You get to pray for felonies, so does everyone else.
<quoted text>
Clearly you pray to the Dark Lord, Satan himself. No doubt you cannot wait to be in his presence forever.
Chance

Grove City, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, there is. The Fifth Amendment guarantees you the RIGHT not to speak to ANYONE at ANYTIME, whether they be an agent of the government or not.
If ANYONE speaks to you at anytime about anything, you are under no obligation; legal, moral, or otherwise, to asnwer. That's an intrinsic part of living in the U.S., whether you are a citizen or not.
I suspect that will be another facet of the Constitution that Progressives will want to shoot down... the better to persecute those Christians.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

give him the death penalty

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect that will be another facet of the Constitution that Progressives will want to shoot down... the better to persecute those Christians.
only when it pertains to christardo scum

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

straight shooter wrote:
I absolutely love to hear the HATE you guys spew for this man...
all he did was keep the kid with his biological mother and not with an effective "step parent"...
Legally, as you well know, there is no distinction between an adoptive parent and a bio-parent.

I still think that this situation is fubar.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Custody was awarded to jenkins because miller repeatedly told the courts to eat it by refusing to follow visitation orders. In this coun try, the court wins every time, not christer zombi of an american itizen.es.

"All he did" was arrange a kidnapping and international abduction. Too bad he won't get the death penalty.
straight shooter wrote:
I absolutely love to hear the HATE you guys spew for this man...
all he did was keep the kid with his biological mother and not with an effective "step parent"...

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

If you mean we can't torture you to force you to speak, that's generally true. However, that has nothing to do with the 5th amendment; that does NOT protect you from consequence resulting from legally ignoring authorities. You bloody well CAN go to jail; you can be booked as a john doe if necessary.

Stop getting yourlaw education from tv and movies.
Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
UNTRUE. If any person in the U.S. whether an agent of the government or not, speaks to you, or questions you, about ANYTHING, you are under nor legal, nor moral, obligation to answer or say anything at all.
Have you ever seen any cop show or lawyer sho on tv or the movies, where a person refuses to speak to the cops or anyone else ? They ALWAYS do ! LOL but they don't have to. If the person questioned, suspect, witness, or other, simply refuses to answer, then they wouldnt have a tv show.
And in real life, if one refuses to answer, there is nothing they can LEGALLY do. They coud break both their arms or waterboard them, but that isn't legal. Simply by beaing on U.S. soil, whether citizen or not, you have an ABSOLUTE RIGHT not to speak to ANY one at ANY time, for ANY reason, bethey from the government or not.
barry

Rainsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Titus 3; Hebrews 13:17; Romans 6:16;
Rom 13:1,3-4,6 (NIV) Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established... Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing... This is why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing.
1 Pet 2:13-14 (NIV) Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right.
5 verses to your 2. I win (I can easily find more)
all you did was prove that you can separate verses from the context of the Bible.

when the king banned praying to anyone but himself, Daniel went home and opened his windows and prayed to God almighty anyway.

when the disciples were ordered not to preach in the name of Jesus they went out into the synagogue and preached anyway.

the submitting is in the acceptance of the consequences if we choose to obey God rather then men.
Daniel accepted the consequence of the lions' den. the disciple were beaten and rejoiced that they had been found worthy to suffer for the cause of Christ.
our forefathers printed the Bible and willingly died for it. missionaries smuggled Bibles behind the iron curtain accepting the fact that they would face prison and torture.

Hebrews 11:35... and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith...

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

i hope someone in jail shoves his cross up his azz

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

straight shooter wrote:
I absolutely love to hear the HATE you guys spew for this man...
all he did was keep the kid with his biological mother and not with an effective "step parent"...
He aided and abetted in a kidnapping.

I'd be just as angry if it was your child.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember the story of the Israelites and how they were led at God's command by Moses out of Egypt? I don't suppose that the Egyptian government just stepped aside and let them go. No, not even when God brought plagues against the pharoah and followers. Even after all those horrible things that happened, the pharoah sent his soldiers after the Israelites, and the soldiers were drowned when the Red Sea (which had parted to allow the Moses and the Israelites to pass through on dry ground) came crashing back in on them. And then there are countless stories of kings deposed and leaders killed and governments thrown out. Clearly, God is not on the side of every single government. Clearly God is on the side of those who resist oppressive and corrupt leadership. God commands over and over again, obey MY laws. When government doesn't obey God's laws, then government is corrupt. To follow such a government is to follow evil.
And yet God himself hardened Pharaoh's heart. You really are fairly bad when it comes to knowing what is in your Bible. There are dozens of verses where it says God put those rulers there and because f that to disobey them is to disobey God.

But you and this pastor want to hide behind your shield of religion. Just like the priests who molest little boys do.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
UNTRUE. If any person in the U.S. whether an agent of the government or not, speaks to you, or questions you, about ANYTHING, you are under nor legal, nor moral, obligation to answer or say anything at all.
Have you ever seen any cop show or lawyer sho on tv or the movies, where a person refuses to speak to the cops or anyone else ? They ALWAYS do ! LOL but they don't have to. If the person questioned, suspect, witness, or other, simply refuses to answer, then they wouldnt have a tv show.
And in real life, if one refuses to answer, there is nothing they can LEGALLY do. They coud break both their arms or waterboard them, but that isn't legal. Simply by beaing on U.S. soil, whether citizen or not, you have an ABSOLUTE RIGHT not to speak to ANY one at ANY time, for ANY reason, bethey from the government or not.
PLEASE explain how giving testimony that implicates other criminals is self incrimination.

LMAO

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

barry wrote:
<quoted text>all you did was prove that you can separate verses from the context of the Bible.
when the king banned praying to anyone but himself, Daniel went home and opened his windows and prayed to God almighty anyway.
when the disciples were ordered not to preach in the name of Jesus they went out into the synagogue and preached anyway.
the submitting is in the acceptance of the consequences if we choose to obey God rather then men.
Daniel accepted the consequence of the lions' den. the disciple were beaten and rejoiced that they had been found worthy to suffer for the cause of Christ.
our forefathers printed the Bible and willingly died for it. missionaries smuggled Bibles behind the iron curtain accepting the fact that they would face prison and torture.
Hebrews 11:35... and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith...
If you like to use your Christianity to justify helping criminal like the R.C.C did with rapist priests then there isn't much anyone can do to stop you.

Try spinning Matthew 25:31-46 into your web of deception. It would be interesting to see.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

barry wrote:
<quoted text>all you did was prove that you can separate verses from the context of the Bible.
no I simply pointed out that there is a great deal in the Bible that can be used to justify anything. And that the Bible is usually not followed in it's entirety by "true believers".

You should be familiar with that since it's a regular practice of yours.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The pastor's refusal to co-operate makes him liable for charges of conspiracy in a continuing criminal enterprise.
Maybe they should start applying some RICCO statutes to his church.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope someone sticks a stick of dynamite up your nasty A$$.
naaa i'm unkillable

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of405
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

53 Users are viewing the US News Forum right now

Search the US News Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 3 min Bruno 1,824
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Homer 1,072,370
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min harmonious 239,820
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 5 min Rose_NoHo 50,512
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 min Rentib 304,914
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min DemocRATS 144,823
Louisiana sheriff stands up for his right to pray 6 min barry 74
The Return of Jim Crow in North Carolina 12 min OnlyPatchWork 252
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••