Central Basin Targeted by Subpoenas Concerning TOM CALDERON and Others

Jun 15, 2013 Full story: www.latimes.com

A subpoena from federal prosecutors has been served at the Central Basin Municipal Water District, which has come under scrutiny amid an FBI probe of state Sen. Ronald S. Calderon .

The subpoena requested numerous documents. The request included records involving the senator's brother Tom Calderon and the Calderon Group Inc., former Bell City Councilman George Cole and the organization he once ran, the Oldtimers Foundation.

Full Story

“Hilltop Park Above All”

Since: Sep 08

Montebello, CA

#1 Jun 15, 2013
Gee, whiz. I found this post in my old postings from April 6, 2010. Maybe the FBI saw it? I wonder if the relationship between the Calderons and the would-be developer might also be investigated?

----------

April 6, 2010

Is it a coincidence that Charles Calderon's brother, State Senaor Ron Calderon just appeared in a picture (in the Montebello Chamber's bi-monthly publication, the Spotlight) with the vice-president and PR spokesman of Cook-Hill Properties, LLC, the very company that is trying to put condos in the Montebello Hills?

It sure is fully how members of the politically powerful Calderon Clan keep turning up in positions of power relating to this proposed condo development.

Charles and Ron's other brother, Tom Calderon is a well paid "consultant" for the Central Basin Water District, and the San Gabriel Valley Water Company, both of which stand to benefit economically by providing water to the proposed project.

As if this situation wasn't tangled enough, in the past former mayor Rosie Vasquez, who's husband Ed is Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Central Basin Water District, appointed none other than TOM Calderon as Chairperson of the City of Montebello's Planning Commission. This is the commission that will rule on the proposed Montebello Hills project. Isn't there a conflict of interest somewhere in this morass? Do ya think?

Happily, when the voters elected to retire mayor Vasquez, Tom Calderon automatically lost his perch on the planning commission. Is it just another odd coincidence, that shortly after Tom Calderon loses his position of power over the proposed Montebello Hills development, his brother Assemblyman Charles seeks to undermine environmental protections affecting the Montebello Hills and other proposed projects? Also, coincidentally, brother Ron and Cook-Hill properties executives share a photo opportunity?

Does all this mean that the Calderon brothers have decided to undermine the will of Montebello voters who resoundingly elected 5 councilmembers who don't like this proposed project?
Wonder Why

AOL

#2 Jun 17, 2013
I wonder why the Irvine Company and the Independent Petroleum Producers Association both donated money to Tom Calderon's failed campaign for state assembly? Would it have anything to do with the fact that an executive in Cook-Hill Properties LLC used to have an executive position in the Irvine Company? Irvine's a little more than a hop, a skip and a jump from Montebello isn't it? What reason could Irvine Campany have for this contribution? I doubt that it's altruism.

Last I heard, an executive in the oil company that owns the Montebello Hills was the president of the Petroleum Association. Small world, isn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min harmonious 262,862
West Plains billboard depicts Obama wearing a t... (Oct '08) 2 min Ozark Tugger 1,014
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 2 min Blacktigershark 4,290
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Rogue Scholar 05 178,083
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min DITCH MITCH 153,859
Ukraine rebels watch Scotland vote with envy 5 min George 33
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 5 min Here Is One 2,825
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min Yeah 1,110,179
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 50 min KiMare 55,979
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••