Fox News Puts Karl Rove on the Bench

Fox News Puts Karl Rove on the Bench

There are 8 comments on the nymag.com story from Dec 5, 2012, titled Fox News Puts Karl Rove on the Bench. In it, nymag.com reports that:

For Karl Rove and Dick Morris — a pair of pundits perhaps most closely aligned with Fox’s anti-Obama campaign — Ailes’s orders mean new rules.

The post-election soul searching going on inside the Republican Party is taking place inside Fox News as well. Fox News chief Roger Ailes, a canny marketer and protector of his network’s brand, has been taking steps since November to reposition Fox in the post-election media environment, freshening story lines — and in some cases, changing the characters.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at nymag.com.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Dec 5, 2012
No, no, no, don't can Rove and Morris! Democrats need them both for certain victory in 2014 and 2016. They are a big reason for Obama's shoo-in to election.

I've always heard Ailes is a genius. He blew it this time with Ailes and Morris and a bunch of other right-wingers spouting nonsense that helped Obama win, but it seems he does not want to make the mistake again.

Personally I think Ailes should keep the same line-up of pundits. They are great, for Democrats.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#3 Dec 5, 2012
What does turd blossom care??? His conservative buddies paid him a fortune for failure. He's all set. Now he can settle down in a State that he likes and get married, in fact, to ANYONE he wants. Wink wink. He's a very very lucky middle-aged(?) bachelor. President Obama and the Democrats, as a source of hatred, have been very good for Karl Rove, in more ways than one. The Republicans are his sugar daddies.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#4 Dec 5, 2012
Karl Rove reminds me of Jeff Gannon, another fake reporter. They seem to have a lot in common.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#5 Dec 5, 2012
I hope Fox keeps Mike Schmuckabee. He's funny.
John McDeaf

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#6 Dec 5, 2012
Dr. Bill_phd! U didn't liked Foxs dat much!!!;)
John McDeaf

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#7 Dec 5, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
I hope Fox keeps Mike Schmuckabee. He's funny.
U mean x-AR.gov !;) butta he can play guitar like Bill_mr! played the sex-see-phone!!;-000
Ninthman

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#8 Dec 6, 2012
Never liked Karl Rove. Never will. He's about effective in fighting Obama as Obama was in fighting the terrorists in Benghazi. Absolutely a failure all the way around. I don't think he's a coward like Obama though. But who knows?

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#9 Dec 6, 2012
Ninthman wrote:
Never liked Karl Rove. Never will. He's about effective in fighting Obama as Obama was in fighting the terrorists in Benghazi. Absolutely a failure all the way around. I don't think he's a coward like Obama though. But who knows?
You are wrong. Rove was very effective. His organization bought most of the air-time in the election, spreading thousands of lies to the ignorant and predjudiced.

Rove succeeded in disenfranchising hundreds of thousands of legal Democratic voters in numberous states, over three presidential elections, especially in Pennsylvania, Floida, and Ohio; but it just wasn't enough.

Give the devil his due.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 2 min Grumpy 5,850
News Trump to meet with Congressional Black Caucus a... 3 min Forest 3
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Dudley 1,496,790
News Why voters want Trump is a question deserving s... 10 min Forest 362
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 16 min RushFan666 168
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min District 1 237,279
News Being conservative is not being racist 23 min huntcoyotes 515
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 1 hr josh 20,880
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 hr Agents of Corruption 412,570
News Pence: US will hold Russia accountable, stands ... 7 hr swampmudd 76
More from around the web