Immigration Reform Gains Momentum, Al...

Immigration Reform Gains Momentum, All Eyes on Boehner

There are 181 comments on the WTMA-AM North Charleston story from Jun 23, 2013, titled Immigration Reform Gains Momentum, All Eyes on Boehner. In it, WTMA-AM North Charleston reports that:

An immigration reform bill in the Senate now has crucial Republican support after senators struck a deal centered on border security last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTMA-AM North Charleston.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#45 Jun 25, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>

I'm not pro illegal.
Your comments say otherwise.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#47 Jun 25, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not pro illegal.
Simply gifting illegals with the ability to remain and keep the jobs they have attained through falsehoods and forged or stolen documents doesn't speak very well of this country's integrity and value system. The last time I checked, I wasn't under the impresseion that we reward folks for breaking laws. The miniscule fine they will be expected to cough up will in no be fair to taxpayers. This bill expects taxpayers to cough 100 million for English education...why do we have to pay anthing? They should pay for their own classes as a way of good faith, showing that they want to assimilate. Why do citizens alays have to be bled on their behalf?

Location hidden

#48 Jun 25, 2013
s/b: anything

Since: Jan 13

Bloomfield, NJ

#49 Jun 25, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments say otherwise.
Do you think I'm happy because USA let these people came here illegally or overstay their visas ??? If it were after me I would strengthen the southern border even more than they have it in this border surge amendment. I'm just pro positive solutions to everything.

Location hidden

#50 Jun 25, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think I'm happy because USA let these people came here illegally or overstay their visas ??? If it were after me I would strengthen the southern border even more than they have it in this border surge amendment. I'm just pro positive solutions to everything.
Bottomline, Ambro, we have to weigh who gets helped and who gets the shaft. If one more Americans gets the shaft because of this newest "compromise" that is reason enough to start over and find a way to help Americans get back to work before we allow people who shouldn't be working any job in this country, the right to manintain those jobs. We have to help our own, and be in a better place economically before we can even consider taking on any other country's people. That is the most reasonable way to deal with this crap.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#53 Jun 25, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
The 1996 immigration bill,and,the secure fence act of 2006,both mandated and earmarked funds for 700 miles of secured fencing on our southern border.
To date,35 miles of that fence have been built and left unsecured.

Are we using the,"3rd time is the charm",theory,to recreate the very same costly legislation that we never enforced and never will?

It isn't history repeating itself,its dumb asses.

#54 Jun 25, 2013
The Quote of the Decade: "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of
leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend
on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing
America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that 'the buck stops here.' Instead,
Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has
a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

#55 Jun 25, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>

There's an old saying:

Don't piss in my face and tell me it's raining.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#57 Jun 25, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
The Quote of the Decade: "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of
leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend
on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing
America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that 'the buck stops here.' Instead,
Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has
a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006
Yeah,,,no.

He evolved on that one too,took another "Mulligan."
Brenda besson

United States

#58 Jun 25, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
They won't go back home as your family never went back home.
we all have paperwork at my house.i was born here,i did not crawl through a sewer to get here ,fine live in the shadows
spud

Bangor, PA

#59 Jun 25, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really ! More than 50% Americans support a fix of the immigration system.
By fix they mean they want enforcement. Americans don't want a bunch of paid off weasels declaring what was wrong is now right. They are undermining the integrity of all our laws by doing this. Is it any wonder China and Russia laugh when we try to extradite Snowden? They're just treating our laws the same way our own politicians do.
Brenda besson

United States

#60 Jun 25, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't senators like Sessions, Grassley, Cruz and others create their own bill called Deportation Act if they know how to fix this ?
they will working on it now.bye
Brenda besson

United States

#61 Jun 25, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
you sound so much like an illegal, I forgot.
but then, let me pose this question to you... if this amnesty doesn't pass like you expect it to, do you agree the illegals should leave?
I mean. think about it. it would be the will of the people. right?
yes it would be,thats what will happen this bill will never pass.they will just live in the shadows forever.they can not take no for an answear
Brenda besson

United States

#62 Jun 25, 2013
Brenda besson wrote:
<quoted text>they will working on it now.bye
oh typo they are working on it they are all voting a no
Brenda besson

United States

#63 Jun 25, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down and wait for the immigration reform !
what reform?thats not going to happen.no amnesty!you people are in for a rude awakening.our laws will be enforced.thats what american........people want.watch how that turns out.house will kill the bill.amen
NYM8387

Brooklyn, NY

#64 Jun 25, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really ! More than 50% Americans support a fix of the immigration system.
more bogus poll information? The vast majority of Americans want current laws enforced

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#65 Jun 25, 2013
The "FiX" is to deport and enforce. Change the birthright loophole for the 3rd World invasion. Save us Citizens trillions!

Today's embracing of the Third world will be tomorrows demise. NOT what the "founders" intended. For all of us to pay for all of them and their incessant breeding practices.
spud

Bangor, PA

#66 Jun 25, 2013
It's only gaining momentum among the extremely stupid. Nobody with a lick of sense or patriotism would even consider this ridiculous bill.

Location hidden

#67 Jun 26, 2013
NYM8387 wrote:
<quoted text> more bogus poll information? The vast majority of Americans want current laws enforced
So true, and we all know how polls can be so very skewed.

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#68 Jun 26, 2013
NYM8387 wrote:
<quoted text> more bogus poll information? The vast majority of Americans want current laws enforced
Bogus, alright. Have you noticed they never post a link? I just read a poll that said 78% want illegals deported. I will look for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Planned Parenthood seeks fed study of fetal tis... 1 min Le Duped 18
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min sonicfilter 1,262,910
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 2 min Wondering 1,157
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 5 min Wondering 450
News Sanctuary cities must be ended 6 min Cat74 7
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 8 min red and right 336,420
News Planned Parenthood Video Refuels GOP's Abortion... 8 min Responsibility 61
News House to vote on 'sanctuary cities' bill 11 min An NFL Fan 210
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Le Duped 189,929
News Donald Trump blasts John McCain over 'crazies' ... 24 min Responsibility 620
More from around the web