A Hot Topic: Climate Change Coming To Classrooms

Mar 27, 2013 Full story: National Public Radio 508

By the time today's K-12 students grow up, the challenges posed by climate change are expected to be severe and sweeping.

Full Story
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#134 Apr 8, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
You can go to hell......
I know you don't believe in God, but that is a mighty tough statement!

“Science not Conservatism”

Since: Jan 12

Progress, not Denial

#135 Apr 8, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO@U!!! Now is that any way for a multi degreed and enlightened person to respond? Or could it be you just CAN'T prove a goddamn thing about your little theory?
Why would I bother to "prove" anything to an idiot like you? Here's the exchange, if you still remember:

tha Professor wrote:
"I mean, if you REALLY wanted to know you'd be looking at the IPCC reports, you'd be looking at climate change sites, you'd be LOOKING at NASA and various academic climate information sites. You wouldn't be demanding "the science" from people on warming boards, would you?
That just reeks of a troll setting up a climate flame war. Seen it over and over.
But hey, just on the off-chance....here are some sites:
http://www.globalissues.org/issue/178/climate ...
http://climate.nasa.gov/
http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/
http://www.realclimate.org/
There're a few interesting sources to get you started. Bon appetit!:)"

That was to ANOTHER poster. Your reply?

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
"LMAO...biomass briquettes pollute. so does ethanol, too, but that's another story."

Pure idiocy, nothing to do with my post, not indicative of any intelligence whatsoever. So WHY should I "prove my [sic] theory" again, punk?:)

Progress, not Denial

#136 Apr 8, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
He COULD go to hell, I guess...I don't believe in it myself, but...:)
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#138 Apr 8, 2013
litesong wrote:
//////////
'tha Professor' wrote:
He COULD go to hell, I guess...I don't believe in it myself, but...:)
//////////
litesong wrote:
Well, I'll say, he can go....... wrongly down the middle of the gulley. I do believe in the toxic topix AGW denier gulley!

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#139 Apr 8, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I bother to "prove" anything to an idiot like you?
LOL.....so I'M an idiot because YOU can't prove your theory? You apparently aren't as smart as you think. You obviously put your faith in scholars and scientists......so, you should either know enough about what they have PROVEN as fact........OR you're just putting your faith in what they say while remaining oblivious to facts.
Either way......I haven't seen anyone give indisputable proof that man is responsible for global warming. Psssst....you haven't either if you read the research in an unbiased fashion. Furthermore, I haven't seen anyone give indisputable proof that man can do anything to alter climate change regardless of the cause. If you have.....please enlighten the forum!!
I got $20 that says you CAN'T....and another $20 that says all you can do is insult again. That's because you don't have facts.....just theories.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#140 Apr 8, 2013
downmiddleofthegully wrote:
You apparently aren't as smart as you think.
Someone named "downmiddleofthegully " can't be overly smart if it rejoices, being in the gully.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#142 Apr 9, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone named "downmiddleofthegully " can't be overly smart if it rejoices, being in the gully.
hey,dude, if all you can do is edit someone's screen name and post.... It proves you're not as smart as you think. It confirms you can't prove the theories you've placed so much faith in......and basically an admission you've failed to bring the forum anything besides your opinion. Which, btw, doesn't appear to be worth much. Maybe you should become more educated and informed before putting so much faith and belief in something you obviously are clueless about..

Progress, not Denial

#143 Apr 9, 2013
Bluntforce wrote:
<quoted text>Spoken like a true pud. Still hanging out in the men's room of the FIAT dealership, tough guy?
No, I'm not your mom...?

Progress, not Denial

#144 Apr 9, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>LOL.....so I'M an idiot because YOU can't prove your theory? You apparently aren't as smart as you think. You obviously put your faith in scholars and scientists......so, you should either know enough about what they have PROVEN as fact........OR you're just putting your faith in what they say while remaining oblivious to facts.
Either way......I haven't seen anyone give indisputable proof that man is responsible for global warming. Psssst....you haven't either if you read the research in an unbiased fashion. Furthermore, I haven't seen anyone give indisputable proof that man can do anything to alter climate change regardless of the cause. If you have.....please enlighten the forum!!
I got $20 that says you CAN'T....and another $20 that says all you can do is insult again. That's because you don't have facts.....just theories.
There's plenty of evidence out there...facts, scientific knowledge supporting warming and human involvement in warming.

I don't have a "theory," and I don't have to "prove it" to you. Clearly you're a Denier, clearly you only listen to Denier arguments, so why would I bother? You'd just continue to Deny...it's what you DO, after all.

The mere fact that you show that you don't know what a theory is tells me that it's pointless to present evidence to you. You seem to think it's different from a fact...which displays your outrageous ignorance.

And yes, I will put my faith in scholars and scientists if YOU'RE the alternative. Get back to me when you have a clue,'kay?:)

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#145 Apr 9, 2013
LOL! You can call me an idiot all you want, since it merely reflects your own inferior intellect, son, while giving evidence that you lack the security in yourself to substantiate your claims. BUT...don't label me as a "denier" because I don't readily subscribe to the faith you place in some scientists and/or your unfounded beliefs. I don't deny climate change! I understand our planet isn't static. I see climate change all around! Furthermore.....let me try to help you along,'kay? Let's assume mankind is at least partially responsible for some changes in climate for a minute. Here's a bone "fer ya".....what can a smart guy like you and your scientists actually do about it. SPECIFCS, please. Now go fetch!!!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#146 Apr 9, 2013
SPECIFICS in a hurry:

Communities,

Step One: Cut global warming pollution via "strong legislation that caps carbon emissions and makes polluters pay for the global warming gases they produce."

Step Two: Invest more in green jobs and clean energy.

Step Three: Manufacture more fuel efficient cars.

Step Four: Establish green homes and buildings.

Step Five: Build more sustainable communities and transportation networks.

Individuals,

1. Altering our behaviors to reduce our individual carbon footprints.

2. Walking, biking or using public transit instead of driving. If you must drive, make sure for best gas mileage that your car is tuned and your tires are properly inflated. If in need of a new car, look into a hybrid or electric that consumes less or no gasoline.

3. At home, weatherization can go a long way to lower heating and air conditioning needs, thus saving significant amounts of energy. Also, upgrading old appliances to more energy efficient models and switching out old lightbulbs with new compact fluorescents (CFL) or LEDs will keep carbon footprints down.

4. If your utility has a green energy option-with power from wind, solar or other renewables-choose it, even if it costs more than the coal-based electricity.

5. And for things you can't change there are carbon offsets you can buy that support renewable energy projects that will offset your carbon emissions.

http://www.healthnewsdigest.com/news/Environm ...

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#147 Apr 9, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
SPECIFICS in a hurry:
Communities,
Step One: Cut global warming pollution via "strong legislation that caps carbon emissions and makes polluters pay for the global warming gases they produce."
Individuals,
2. Walking, biking or using public transit instead of driving. If you must drive, make sure for best gas mileage that your car is tuned and your tires are properly inflated. If in need of a new car, look into a hybrid or electric that consumes less or no gasoline.
3. At home, weatherization can go a long way to lower heating and air conditioning needs, thus saving significant amounts of energy. Also, upgrading old appliances to more energy efficient models and switching out old lightbulbs with new compact fluorescents (CFL) or LEDs will keep carbon footprints down.
4. If your utility has a green energy option-with power from wind, solar or other renewables-choose it, even if it costs more than the coal-based electricity.
5. And for things you can't change there are carbon offsets you can buy that support renewable energy projects that will offset your carbon emissions.
these are all nice civic minded ideas. I'm sure many people would embrace at least some of these concepts and ideas. But how much political will is there to make these things actually come about? Will the changes help or hurt the country from a competitive standpoint? And lastly........what QUANTIFIABLE benefit would these all make towards altering or reversing climate change?
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#148 Apr 9, 2013
downthemiddleofthegully wrote:
if all you can do is edit someone's screen name and post....
Considering you ain't down the middle of anything proper, the correction including the gully is appropriate....... & accurate.

Progress, not Denial

#149 Apr 9, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
LOL! You can call me an idiot all you want, since it merely reflects your own inferior intellect, son, while giving evidence that you lack the security in yourself to substantiate your claims. BUT...don't label me as a "denier" because I don't readily subscribe to the faith you place in some scientists and/or your unfounded beliefs. I don't deny climate change! I understand our planet isn't static. I see climate change all around! Furthermore.....let me try to help you along,'kay? Let's assume mankind is at least partially responsible for some changes in climate for a minute. Here's a bone "fer ya".....what can a smart guy like you and your scientists actually do about it. SPECIFCS, please. Now go fetch!!!
I don't play games with trolls. GFY, loser.

Progress, not Denial

#150 Apr 9, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering you ain't down the middle of anything proper, the correction including the gully is appropriate....... & accurate.
He's down the middle of that gully, on either side of the creek, under the bridge. He's the troll.:)
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#151 Apr 9, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>these are all nice civic minded ideas. I'm sure many people would embrace at least some of these concepts and ideas. But how much political will is there to make these things actually come about? Will the changes help or hurt the country from a competitive standpoint? And lastly........what QUANTIFIABLE benefit would these all make towards altering or reversing climate change?
Where's your list .. in a hurry?

I've posted many in the past. You could do similarly.

Your questions need your crack at them first. Thanks.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#152 Apr 9, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't play games with trolls. GFY, loser.
LOL! Psssst....you failed. Again.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#153 Apr 9, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Where's your list .. in a hurry?
I've posted many in the past. You could do similarly.
Your questions need your crack at them first. Thanks.
I was just being nice to ya. Your specifics were really just vague generalities that may make you feel good, but they don't address how much, or even if, they would help the calamity you're all so convinced is coming to the globe.

Progress, not Denial

#154 Apr 9, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Psssst....you failed. Again.
Pointing out your failure to post intelligently, your trollishness, is a failure on MY part?

I think not, little troll....LOL

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#155 Apr 9, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
SPECIFICS in a hurry:
Communities,
Individuals,
you left out organic farming.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min Agents of Corruption 293,716
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 8 min obama goose stepper 12,139
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min Subduction Zone 133,135
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Yeah 1,154,632
Gay Marriage Ban on Precarious Legal Ground 14 min david traversa 3
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 14 min inverter 1,554
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min Brilliant Mind 49,258
Obama: North Korea's hack 'cybervandalism,' not... 41 min Hooogle It 14
Canadian man told to pay $1.5 million for credi... 53 min Your Ex 4
2016 hopeful Ben Carson pledges support for Israel 2 hr Cordwainer Trout 15
More from around the web