Court leaves voting rights to Congress

Court leaves voting rights to Congress

There are 34 comments on the WIVB-TV Buffalo story from Jun 25, 2013, titled Court leaves voting rights to Congress. In it, WIVB-TV Buffalo reports that:

The Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that a key provision of the landmark Voting Rights Act cannot be enforced unless Congress comes up with a new way of determining which states and localities require federal monitoring of elections.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB-TV Buffalo.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 07

Humble, TX

#22 Jun 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The confederacy is alive and well; just venture below the Manson-Nixon line and see for yourself.
It's only a matter of time before Alabama or Mississippi pass a law banning blacks from voting, and Scalia & Uncle Thomas will back them up.
I live there, dkhead. There is no law in these states that will stop blacks from voting...

Clo=et bigot.

Since: Dec 07

Humble, TX

#23 Jun 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
What about all those who don't drive?
Millions of people don't have a state issued photo ID, but since they're mostly black, Hispanic, poor, or students who are likely Democratic voters,the GOPasaur don't want them voting.
They have identity to get welfare....so why not?? Stopping marxists such as yourself from multi voting is the purpose...

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#26 Jun 25, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again....the sole intent is to keep people from voting more than once......which YOU have bragged about...reagardless of color.
That's why you don't like it!! LMAO
Voter ID laws do nothing to prevent someone from voting more than once. I can easily vote as myself and my husband and any one of my brothers if I "borrow" their ID for an hour. Also, ID's are easily faked and the average old geezer poll worker is hardly an expert at spotting a fake one.

Nope, the only intent of voter ID laws is to attempt to discourage people without an ID from voting. It does NOTHING to prevent those who intend to commit fraud.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#27 Jun 25, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
I live there, dkhead. There is no law in these states that will stop blacks from voting...
Clo=et bigot.
Then you know the confederacy is alive and well; how many rebel flags do you see every day?

As I said, it's only a matter of time before Mississippi or Alabama or one of the other confederate states passes a law which bans blacks and Hispanics from voting. They just got the green light from Scalia & Uncle Thomas....

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#28 Jun 25, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
They have identity to get welfare....so why not?? Stopping marxists such as yourself from multi voting is the purpose...
Millions of Americans don't have a state approved ID which would meet the voter ID standard, even those on welfare.

Again, a voter ID law does nothing to stop those attempting to commit fraud from voting once, twice, or even 10 times.

Nope, the sole intent is to prevent or discourage people who vote for the Dems from voting.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#29 Jun 25, 2013
Eighthman wrote:
If this stops all those dead black people from voting for all the democreeps, I'm all for it.
That's just it, it WON'T stop any voter fraud. Those intent on committing fraud can easily find a way around voter id laws. It only affects the millions of law abiding citizens who happen to not have a state approved photo ID.
See the Light

United States

#30 Jun 25, 2013
Sgt Common Sense wrote:
Two pools here:
First, Which Republican state will be the first to start limiting African Americans from voting?(I have Mississippi)
Second, When will the Republicans start this effort?(I have Jan. 2014)
No one wants to limit African Americans voting, they are American Citizens, its the illegals we don't want to vote.
See the Light

United States

#31 Jun 25, 2013
Now illegals can't vote, at least in Republican states. Paybacks a bitch, isn't it.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#32 Jun 25, 2013
See the Light wrote:
<quoted text>No one wants to limit African Americans voting, they are American Citizens, its the illegals we don't want to vote.
perhaps you should quit hiring them for jobs and they would quit coming here...

you create your won problem and then whine to the nanny state feds to clean it up for you...

how Texan...
See the Light

United States

#33 Jun 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>perhaps you should quit hiring them for jobs and they would quit coming here...
you create your won problem and then whine to the nanny state feds to clean it up for you...
how Texan...
Perhaps you should stop bribing them into coming here. Anything for a vote, right?

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#34 Jun 26, 2013
Jeff Brightone wrote:
Enough is enough with the abuse of power and lying to the American people by the Obama-Holder regime and holding to power by all possible means including using illegal invaders from all over the world to vote for Obama in returned for free gifts that are paid by stolen money from the American conservative taxpayers.
Well then, if you say enough is enough… what is going to happen now exactly… LOL.

You bitter loser tea-baggers are so pathetic… we won, get over it. Nothing you can do or say will change that fact.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#35 Jun 26, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, if you say enough is enough… what is going to happen now exactly… LOL.
You bitter loser tea-baggers are so pathetic… we won, get over it. Nothing you can do or say will change that fact.
You won what? Many of the laws the progressives are fast tracking are going to turn on the same voters who put them in office. 75% of the working people are now living week to week with about 25% having a couple of hundred of dollars in the bank. You guys have screwed this nation over. An economic downturn that is out of control will impoverish much of this nation and usher in an ugliness experienced by other despot nations in history. The name of the game is promoting growth that promotes the "pursuit of happiness". We now promote equality of groups based on percentages even if inferior that promotes "a declining nation".
sound logic enclosed

United States

#36 Jun 26, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, if you say enough is enough… what is going to happen now exactly… LOL.
You bitter loser tea-baggers are so pathetic… we won, get over it. Nothing you can do or say will change that fact.
I have to agree with you on this one. There are so many people who are still bitter about being on the losing side; who can’t get over the fact that Obama won twice.
See the Light

United States

#38 Jun 26, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> You won what? Many of the laws the progressives are fast tracking are going to turn on the same voters who put them in office. 75% of the working people are now living week to week with about 25% having a couple of hundred of dollars in the bank. You guys have screwed this nation over. An economic downturn that is out of control will impoverish much of this nation and usher in an ugliness experienced by other despot nations in history. The name of the game is promoting growth that promotes the "pursuit of happiness". We now promote equality of groups based on percentages even if inferior that promotes "a declining nation".
That Fake Marine is just an idiot . Don't try and talk with him, cause all he can do is say"we won, you lost" thats the extent of his conversing skills. There's a few on here that put Tebagger in every post. They've a mentality of a guppy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min Limbertwig 239,594
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 min THE LONE WORKER 205,097
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 min Big C 15,994
News Democrat asks Villages to stop playing Hillary ... 3 min Just me 9
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min mdbuilder 1,419,391
News What Should We Call This Kind of Presidential C... 7 min Cordwainer Trout 5
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 12 min Surgit Tempestas 7,869
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 27 min Brian_G 393,302
News News 14 Mins Ago Trump rebukes racism claims as... 3 hr Go Blue Forever 79
More from around the web