Atheists sue to keep 'In God We Trust...

Atheists sue to keep 'In God We Trust' off Capitol Visitor Center - Yahoo! News

There are 9495 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Jul 19, 2009, titled Atheists sue to keep 'In God We Trust' off Capitol Visitor Center - Yahoo! News. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

A California Republican congressman wants to do a little writing on the walls of Washington's newest federal building.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

First Prev
of 475
Next Last
Mr Squid

United States

#10228 May 21, 2010
Beenherelongtime wrote:
Guest wrote,
"Is it possible to be Christian/agnostic?"
Not really, but you can be a agnostic with Christian ideals.
"Is agnostic a faze, like a limbo between 2 beliefs?"
Limbo would be a better word to use than faze but I still think its the wrong word to use for an Agnostic.
Christians = There is a true god, real thrue faith.
Agnostics = Cant prove or disprove god, Not knowing is what is real.
Atheists = No scientific evidence in support of god - so, there is no god.
What are christian ideals?
Beenherelongtime

Santa Cruz, CA

#10229 May 21, 2010
Mr Squid wrote,
"What are christian ideals?"

Ideals, morals, rules and ways of looking at and doing things, You know, stuff like in Ten Demandments.
Mr Squid

United States

#10230 May 21, 2010
Beenherelongtime wrote:
Mr Squid wrote,
"What are christian ideals?"
Ideals, morals, rules and ways of looking at and doing things, You know, stuff like in Ten Demandments.
like killing ones own son to please god?
Beenherelongtime

Santa Cruz, CA

#10231 May 22, 2010
Mr Squid wrote,
"like killing ones own son to please god?"

I dont think that in its self would fall under a christian ideal - "ideology".
I think "killing ones own son to please god" would be more along the lines of a side effect from said religious "pick one" ideals.
The age ol' classic loop hole in which followers of said religion "pick one" can misuse god to legitimize the use, and to commit murder sin free.

I dont put my trust in god but -
Killing in the name of/killing in god name or killing to please god, to me, if there ever was such a thing as sin, this would qualify up there as an ultimate!
Mr Squid

United States

#10232 May 22, 2010
Beenherelongtime wrote:
Mr Squid wrote,
"like killing ones own son to please god?"
I dont think that in its self would fall under a christian ideal - "ideology".
I think "killing ones own son to please god" would be more along the lines of a side effect from said religious "pick one" ideals.
The age ol' classic loop hole in which followers of said religion "pick one" can misuse god to legitimize the use, and to commit murder sin free.
I dont put my trust in god but -
Killing in the name of/killing in god name or killing to please god, to me, if there ever was such a thing as sin, this would qualify up there as an ultimate!
It is actually the ultimate ideal
so it is written
so it is true
Betsy

Fairfax, VA

#10233 May 22, 2010
Mr Squid wrote:
<quoted text>like killing ones own son to please god?
The death of Christ was a freely accepted offering of self for the forgiveness of sins. Permitted by God the Father in order to restore humanity to his good graces.
globalwarmer

Monterey, CA

#10234 May 22, 2010
well GOD BLESS them screwed up fools!
Mr Squid

United States

#10235 May 22, 2010
Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
The death of Christ was a freely accepted offering of self for the forgiveness of sins. Permitted by God the Father in order to restore humanity to his good graces.
he was not the only son offered up in the bible
please dear lord let the killing begin
I want to play!

“Ahoyhoy all!”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#10236 May 8, 2011
It's probably right to take 'in god we trust' off the capitol visitor centre. I guess now we now that god doesn't exist, the words are a little out of date. I understand that there is a pious christian population in some second / third world nations but it's dying out in developing nations, especially here in the UK, so probably right to scrape the words off.
killgod

Canton, OH

#10237 May 8, 2011
superstitious cave dweller and goat f...er horse crap should be kept in the fairy tale section of the library where it belongs. keep that bullcrap out of public view, off public buildings, out of government, and quit brainwashing children with that nonsense. death to the buffoon christian god.

was the imaginary christian god taking a sh** on 9/11/01 or was that his day off? death to the jerk dumbfu.. christian god

“Ahoyhoy all!”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#10238 May 8, 2011
killgod wrote:
superstitious cave dweller and goat f...er horse crap should be kept in the fairy tale section of the library where it belongs. keep that bullcrap out of public view, off public buildings, out of government, and quit brainwashing children with that nonsense. death to the buffoon christian god.
was the imaginary christian god taking a sh** on 9/11/01 or was that his day off? death to the jerk dumbfu.. christian god
Well I wouldn't go that far. As atheists we need to make sure that we don't turn into angry evangelists like some of our christian friends. We will win our war through reason and logic. Atheists should occupy the higher ground I feel.
Rev Father Ballcheeze

Windsor, CA

#10239 May 8, 2011
Mr Squid wrote:
<quoted text>What are christian ideals?
My children Christian Ideas is like a drunk with Sober ideas, or being wet while insisting that your really dry. It is a mental disorder and the only cure is Jesus in your heart or at least up your back side.
Hey Hey

Lake City, AR

#10240 May 8, 2011
Have any of you thought about pushing the special interest groups into the ocean? My god I know there is good people in CA. I am sure common people are puking ever time they here stupid insane laws, stupid groups promoting something totally stupid. Really its time to stop all the BS. Because CA is getting to be a laughing joke state. Elect a Actor as governor LOL how did that work out. One more thing movie stars are nothing more than actors nothing else. There not gods. From what I been seeing on tv there nothing more than dope heads, who$res and imbeciles. Lets outlaw smoking, but legalize hemp? Wtf just happen their? Its ok to rot your liver in a bar but you still can't smoke? Atheist sigh focus on something constructive than crap like this. Go to work and don't worry about things. I promise you, your life will be better.
Unpresidential Putridity

Fremont, CA

#10241 May 8, 2011
Hey Hey wrote:
Have any of you thought about pushing the special interest groups into the ocean? My god I know there is good people in CA. I am sure common people are puking ever time they here stupid insane laws, stupid groups promoting something totally stupid. Really its time to stop all the BS. Because CA is getting to be a laughing joke state. Elect a Actor as governor LOL how did that work out. One more thing movie stars are nothing more than actors nothing else. There not gods. From what I been seeing on tv there nothing more than dope heads, who$res and imbeciles. Lets outlaw smoking, but legalize hemp? Wtf just happen their? Its ok to rot your liver in a bar but you still can't smoke? Atheist sigh focus on something constructive than crap like this. Go to work and don't worry about things. I promise you, your life will be better.
Blaming Arnold for California's ruin is entirely wrong. He ran into the wall of liberal ruin and stupidity. Just how stupid and gullible are you?

"The state legislature has the dominant say in running California. While the governor is little more than a figurehead, a Democratic one speeds the excesses along. The Democrats have been in control of the legislature since 1970; the California Assembly has been in Democratic hands since the 1970 election except for the period from 1995 to 1996, and the California Senate has been in Democratic hands continuously since 1970.

California today is an economic disaster because of the Democratic state legislature, Democratic congressmen, and Democratic big-city mayors who have ruled California since the 1970s and who during that time have made California a haven for entitlement junkies and illegal immigrants who drain the state coffers.

You've had forty years to show us your abilities. It's time Democrats. You've run the state into the toilet. Now fix it.

Selling drugs and raising taxes won't fix it.

Responsibility will."

http://my.auburnjournal.com/detail/164034.htm...
A Deity Bound In Bones

Bridgeton, MO

#10249 May 4, 2012
Malfaiteur en Tombeau, Crochir l'Esplanade, Dans l'Fond d'l'eau!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 475
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 1 min Yeah 2,617
News London Set To Elect Muslim Mayor With Ties To E... 2 min some 40
News Violence follows California Trump rally, about ... 2 min Responsibility 484
News Six Months Out, the General Election Map Looks ... 3 min serfs up 5
News Assault weapon bans should stand 3 min Marauder 804
Hillary should not debate Trump 4 min RuffnReddy 1
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 5 min Synque 571
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min NotSoDivineMsM 381,617
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min sonicfilter 1,375,134
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 52 min Cornelius Scudmister 222,956
More from around the web