Atheists sue to keep 'In God We Trust...

Atheists sue to keep 'In God We Trust' off Capitol Visitor Center - Yahoo! News

There are 9495 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Jul 19, 2009, titled Atheists sue to keep 'In God We Trust' off Capitol Visitor Center - Yahoo! News. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

A California Republican congressman wants to do a little writing on the walls of Washington's newest federal building.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“Just my opinion”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#3521 Nov 12, 2009
Redhead62 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? and here I thought it was gangbangers, KKK and Calypso Louie.:-)
KKK are Jesus freaks.

“Just my opinion”

Location hidden

#3522 Nov 12, 2009
Redhead62 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where you get your information, but religions are growing. But not to worry. You will not have to be a part of it, unless you choose to be. Since people come to Christ out of faith, your logic statement will never fly. We know our Savior lives.
Atheism has doubled in the past decade and thanks to the internet atheists find other atheists and are not afraid to come out of the closet so to speak. I always find it funny that believers want everyone to believe as they do. They get so f*cken pissed that logical thinkers like myself do not degrade themselves to kneel down to their WIZARDRY IN THE SKY lmao.

“Just my opinion”

Location hidden

#3523 Nov 12, 2009
John Sarico wrote:
<quoted text>
He comes back, then walks into a bar. He slaps 3 nails and a hammer on the bar and asks: "could you please put me up for the night?"
Jesus was a very insecure person.. Yes its true. He was so insecure had to go to a shrink, because he DID NOT BELIEVE IN HIMSELF!

lmao
Howie Doohan

Pittsburgh, PA

#3524 Nov 12, 2009
wolverine wrote:
Lissa...That Statement Wasnt Meant To Cheapen Or Degrade...It Was A Response To A Fools Who Thinks Veterans Died So We Could Destroy America With Unmoral Attacks On The Constitution...The Founding Fathers Werent Protecting The Government From Religion...Quite The Contrary....And The Liberal Ideology Of Today Are In Sharp Contrast To What The Constitution Was Founded On ! Gay Rights, Government Funded Abortions,Legalized Drugs...These Are All Liberal Ideas That Fly In The Face Of America...Veterans Fought For Our Freedom....Not So We Could Become Something Other Than America ! I Dont Want To Be Europe...And I Will Fight To Keep America...All I Can Say Is If Things Keep Going Like They Are...We Are Definatly In The Final Days !
Not one thing that you have said has any validity whatsoever. Is this the world according to Wolverine?(A liberal veteran who fought for your right to stay ignorant).
Man From South Saint Paul

United States

#3525 Nov 12, 2009
Lissa Marie wrote:
<quoted text>
I question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence.
You stupid atheist Bastard. When you and the other Bastard atheists come to the end of your days and stand before your Maker then you will find out that not only does God exist but that Hell also exists. Then you Bastards will have to give an account for your misserable and Satanic lives to Jesus who then will toss you Bastards into Hell for all eternity where you Bastards belong.
Man From South Saint Paul

United States

#3526 Nov 12, 2009
Redhead62 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is hate-filled statements like yours that cause non-believers to hate us so much. Jesus was all about Love. We can disagree with their stance on religion, but you are not sounding at all like a Christian. The Bible says, "Light and Salt". Everyone here has a right to express their views even if they do not agree with yours.
Logical, analytical and cosmological evidence prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that God exists and anybody who denies that evidence is mentally deranged, insane and psychotic. That is not a hate-filled statement. That is simply stating the only logical conclusion that one can render from analyzing atheist.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#3527 Nov 12, 2009
Howie Doohan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one thing that you have said has any validity whatsoever. Is this the world according to Wolverine?(A liberal veteran who fought for your right to stay ignorant).
Back In Your Hole Howie...Not So Pleased To Meet You...Already Guess Your Name !
ralph

Carlsbad, NM

#3528 Nov 12, 2009
I think this has gone too far.
believing or not believing in god is a personal thing and should be left up to the individual.

I myself do not believe in the god portrayed in the christian bible.
I am against teaching religon in school because it is next to impossible to cover all religons equally, therefore making it biased based on the individual teachers.
( don't think the school system can legally require a Babtist teacher teach the Koran).

I am not opposed to religous slogans being placed is public places.

I don't think
Howie Doohan

Pittsburgh, PA

#3529 Nov 12, 2009
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text> Back In Your Hole Howie...Not So Pleased To Meet You...Already Guess Your Name !
I believe it is Wolverines that live in holes numbskull. My name is not Howie Doohan you dimwit.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#3530 Nov 12, 2009
I Know Howie....Pleased To Meet You....Hope You Guess My Name ??? Have You Ever Listened To This Thing We Religious Types Call Music ???
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#3531 Nov 12, 2009
By The Way.....Parking Wars On TV Really Shows Your State As It Is....How Can You Live There ??
Howie Doohan

Pittsburgh, PA

#3532 Nov 12, 2009
wolverine wrote:
I Know Howie....Pleased To Meet You....Hope You Guess My Name ??? Have You Ever Listened To This Thing We Religious Types Call Music ???
I have no sympathy for you devil.
GSCensored

Denver, CO

#3533 Nov 12, 2009
Man From South Saint Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupid atheist Bastard. When you and the other Bastard atheists come to the end of your days and stand before your Maker then you will find out that not only does God exist but that Hell also exists. Then you Bastards will have to give an account for your misserable and Satanic lives to Jesus who then will toss you Bastards into Hell for all eternity where you Bastards belong.
Amen brother. I think the best part of heaven will be getting to watch these treasonous POSes experience unimaginable brutal torture for ETERNITY. They think they can be insolent and reject our lifestyle and authority as God's children, they'll pay one day. So hang in there brother, because one day all our revenge fantasies will come true!

“I'm mean because you're dumb.”

Since: Mar 09

Jonesboro, AR

#3534 Nov 12, 2009
Publius2 wrote:
<quoted text>That's called 'conviction' Lissa Marie. You will find as did Pontius Pilate that all the washing in the world won't remove guilt - only the blood of Jesus Christ can do that.
"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." - 1 John 1:7
So, following this logic. Do you believe that convicts who have committed violent crimes should be able to start up religion and have no guilt?

“I'm mean because you're dumb.”

Since: Mar 09

Jonesboro, AR

#3535 Nov 12, 2009
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
get this through your head...i want God back in america governing in the affairs of man...it's the athiest/humanists that are dictating to christians...and it's going to stop...freedom means to do what is right not do what you please...got it...?
Really? REALLY?!

free&#8901;dom
&#8194;&#8194;/&#7 12;frid&#601;m/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [free-duhm] Show IPA
Use freedom in a Sentence
See web results for freedom
See images of freedom
┬ľnoun
1. the state of being free or at liberty rather than in confinement or under physical restraint: He won his freedom after a retrial.
2. exemption from external control, interference, regulation, etc.
3. the power to determine action without restraint.
4. political or national independence.
5. personal liberty, as opposed to bondage or slavery: a slave who bought his freedom.
6. exemption from the presence of anything specified (usually fol. by from): freedom from fear.
7. the absence of or release from ties, obligations, etc.
8. ease or facility of movement or action: to enjoy the freedom of living in the country.
9. frankness of manner or speech.
10. general exemption or immunity: freedom from taxation.
11. the absence of ceremony or reserve.
12. a liberty taken.
13. a particular immunity or privilege enjoyed, as by a city or corporation: freedom to levy taxes.
14. civil liberty, as opposed to subjection to an arbitrary or despotic government.
15. the right to enjoy all the privileges or special rights of citizenship, membership, etc., in a community or the like.
16. the right to frequent, enjoy, or use at will: to have the freedom of a friend's library.
17. Philosophy. the power to exercise choice and make decisions without constraint from within or without; autonomy; self-determination. Compare necessity (def. 7).

\SUCK IT!/
Saveourplanet

San Rafael, CA

#3536 Nov 12, 2009
<quoted text>
You stupid atheist ****. When you and the other **** atheists come to the end of your days and stand before your Maker then you will find out that not only does God exist but that Hell also exists. Then you Bastards will have to give an account for your misserable and Satanic lives to Jesus who then will toss you Bastards into Hell for all eternity where you Bastards belong.
That is hilarious...LMAO...Obviously a Christian. The language and the dogmatic attitude are typical right wing Christian evangelical brainwashed attitudes. Most of them have a 5th grade education and can't evolve past that education level because the bible was written on that level. Jesus would never have approved of the above statement. Jesus would have chastized you. I knew Jesus in my past life. Iwas resurected....(snicker)lol
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#3537 Nov 12, 2009
Howie Doohan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no sympathy for you devil.
Finally Doogie....And I Was Talking About You ! LOL
Saveourplanet

San Rafael, CA

#3538 Nov 12, 2009
GSCensored wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen brother. I think the best part of heaven will be getting to watch these treasonous POSes experience unimaginable brutal torture for ETERNITY. They think they can be insolent and reject our lifestyle and authority as God's children, they'll pay one day. So hang in there brother, because one day all our revenge fantasies will come true!
I actually thought Jesus taught revenge is a sin. That "eye for an eye" stuff came from the Old Testament didn't it? Am I wrong about that? I have some asbestos shoes you might want to wear when your God calls you "home"....lol
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#3539 Nov 12, 2009
Scientists Cant Agree On Anything...Especially Global Warming ! LOL
Saveourplanet

San Rafael, CA

#3541 Nov 12, 2009
<quoted text>
Angry aren't we. I think the bible teaches you will be given one last chance to redemm your coupons...redemm your soul and "shall be forgiven and the gates of heaven will open wide". I'm banking on that. Until then I will...sin...sin..sin.....LMAO ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Go TRUMP 239,677
News What Should We Call This Kind of Presidential C... 3 min Wholly Silicon Wafer 9
News Backlash for Trump after he lashes out at the M... 3 min Ms Sassy 1,061
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 4 min abc 7,913
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Dogen 205,177
News Former Obama aide: Trump is a 'psychopath' 6 min Lawrence Wolf 1
News GOP at war with itself 7 min positronium 1,721
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min RealDave 1,419,613
News News 14 Mins Ago Trump rebukes racism claims as... 26 min Wholly Silicon Wafer 106
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 40 min Coffee Party 393,335
More from around the web