Ginsburg: Gay marriage shows Constitution's genius

Sep 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC12

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who recently officiated at a friend's same-sex wedding, told a Philadelphia audience Friday that growing acceptance of gay marriage reflects the "genius" of the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
1 - 20 of 176 Comments Last updated Sep 17, 2013
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
david traversa

Federal, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Except real genius is a quality seldom understood .. If you listen to most parents every family has a " genius " in their midst ( meaning a child who does reasonably well in school or plays the piano in a tolerable way , etc.).. Standards are so low nowadays mediocrity has acquired a patina of class . Ms Ginsburg is right ; but I'm sure most people are puzzled by her statement .

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

And then we have the SUPER-genius, aka Wile E. Coyote.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Ruth? Is that you talking, or the currency in your purse?
Cordwainer Trout

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

This horror of a misplaced appointee to the Court by none other than sexy Clinton has proposed that the age of consent be lowered to children under the age of twelve. That's not all the worst of it. Research this woman and you'll find the essence of the Leftist Democrat conspiracy to destroy America from within, as if they took marching orders from Khrushchev. Giving age of consent to children makes the gays hot; they rush here to see what's going on...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Cordwainer Trout wrote:
This horror of a misplaced appointee to the Court by none other than sexy Clinton has proposed that the age of consent be lowered to children under the age of twelve. That's not all the worst of it. Research this woman and you'll find the essence of the Leftist Democrat conspiracy to destroy America from within, as if they took marching orders from Khrushchev. Giving age of consent to children makes the gays hot; they rush here to see what's going on...
That's quite an assertion.

Do you have a link supporting such a wild statement?
Cordwainer Trout

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
That's quite an assertion.
Do you have a link supporting such a wild statement?
It would doubtfully matter to you, but here's one...

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individual...

Ginsberg even came out against the Mann Act, which controls interstate sex traffic of girls. She's a monster.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
It would doubtfully matter to you, but here's one...
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individual...
Ginsberg even came out against the Mann Act, which controls interstate sex traffic of girls. She's a monster.
That site also makes the "age of consent" assertion about her, but doesn't provide any source for the alleged statement and context.

I want to read the whole actual text that includes this purported statement of hers (and not a few of the others listed). On their face, I end to agree with some of them, while other make me think, "WTF?!?" So I need to have actual texts to verify that the statements were actually made, the context in which they were made (if the in fact were), and to try to follow the line of any reasoning which might include such statement.

Thanks for providing that link, but it doesn't help me understand her, or your position. It seems incredible, so we need to establish credibility first.

If you come up with a link to the actual text that includes that statement, I'm more than willing to alter my natural reservations about such an outlandish assertion.

Until then, it smell like ...

Calumny.

http://catholicism.about.com/od/Catholic-Dict...

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
Thanks ever so much for those links!

Extremely helpful, especially the included links to the transcripts.

"A wise man changes his mind. A fool never."
-Spanish proverb

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
-Spanish proverb
Google can be a beautiful thing.
Cordwainer Trout

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
-Spanish proverb
The initial link left you would have internally taken you to other links, especially Conservapedia, which referenced the original book done by Ginsburg and others, when she authored the "Sex Bias in the U.S. Code" as a planted feminist, coupled with another of similar extremist views. An honest reply would have acknowledged that, the numerous relevant links in the side panel there and subsequent searching, which is your responsibility.

I see that you(pl) now put forth links to articles trying to claim it was either a typo, that Graham and others were lying. In all the years since the publication of that book, subsequent opposition to such as the Mann Act confirms her intent, as does this reader's inability to find any instance where she denied it, changed it, or claims it was in error. Slate and the other Liberal rags attempting to cover for her certainly do a poor job, as their mealy mouthed roundabouts and rationalization don't make ultimate sense. Whether it be her opposition to the Mann Act (which tells you where she's at concerning protection of minors), or her more recent statements trashing the US Constitution, it's clear she is disingenuous (to Americans) about her life long agenda. It's clear from these subsequent meaningless links and less than helpful tete-a-tete you are first dedicated to validating preconceived notions. But, from all your posts on Topix, we know the both of you to be intellectually dishonest and dedicated to views, that would make most every child cringe.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
The initial link left you would have internally taken you to other links, especially Conservapedia, which referenced the original book done by Ginsburg and others, when she authored the "Sex Bias in the U.S. Code" as a planted feminist, coupled with another of similar extremist views. An honest reply would have acknowledged that, the numerous relevant links in the side panel there and subsequent searching, which is your responsibility.
I see that you(pl) now put forth links to articles trying to claim it was either a typo, that Graham and others were lying. In all the years since the publication of that book, subsequent opposition to such as the Mann Act confirms her intent, as does this reader's inability to find any instance where she denied it, changed it, or claims it was in error. Slate and the other Liberal rags attempting to cover for her certainly do a poor job, as their mealy mouthed roundabouts and rationalization don't make ultimate sense. Whether it be her opposition to the Mann Act (which tells you where she's at concerning protection of minors), or her more recent statements trashing the US Constitution, it's clear she is disingenuous (to Americans) about her life long agenda. It's clear from these subsequent meaningless links and less than helpful tete-a-tete you are first dedicated to validating preconceived notions. But, from all your posts on Topix, we know the both of you to be intellectually dishonest and dedicated to views, that would make most every child cringe.
There is medication that can ease the symptoms of paranoia, ya know.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

What consenting gay adults do with one another is their business. I don't necessarily endorse such activity, but one does have the right to engage in it if both are legally adults. I draw the line when either heterosexual or homosexual adults start molesting minors.
Cordwainer Trout

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
There is medication that can ease the symptoms of paranoia, ya know.
Dishonest relativists like Ginsburg are ruled by reactive thinking. President Kennedy molests a teenage girl in the same time frame a 13 year old Ginsburg has a lesbian molest her at Jewish camp. Ginsburg comes out of that experience, the drug induced laxity of morals of the Sixties, including the messages sent by Democrat Presidents stealing elections and having sexual affairs with White House teenage interns. Her psychological adolescence never matures and she spends the rest of her life (like all Leftists) collating nonsensical jargon to validate and justify the President's behavior (e.g.) by adjusting her relativist philosophies. This is especially seen in the doper generation from the Sixties onward, where early sexual experience (especially from an atheist lesbian Jew at camp) cements the sociopathic outlook and requires more strident adherence to such as millions killed through abortion rationalized by refinement of eugenics rationale. The pervert MUST project his/her failure as a compassionate creature by hiding the horror of that which validates their continued stagnant emotional state. This all defines Ginsburg very well, as now she must validate all of her previous expositions on more liberal allowance of perversion by actually officiating perversion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Dishonest relativists like Ginsburg are ruled by reactive thinking. President Kennedy molests a teenage girl in the same time frame a 13 year old Ginsburg has a lesbian molest her at Jewish camp. Ginsburg comes out of that experience, the drug induced laxity of morals of the Sixties, including the messages sent by Democrat Presidents stealing elections and having sexual affairs with White House teenage interns. Her psychological adolescence never matures and she spends the rest of her life (like all Leftists) collating nonsensical jargon to validate and justify the President's behavior (e.g.) by adjusting her relativist philosophies. This is especially seen in the doper generation from the Sixties onward, where early sexual experience (especially from an atheist lesbian Jew at camp) cements the sociopathic outlook and requires more strident adherence to such as millions killed through abortion rationalized by refinement of eugenics rationale. The pervert MUST project his/her failure as a compassionate creature by hiding the horror of that which validates their continued stagnant emotional state. This all defines Ginsburg very well, as now she must validate all of her previous expositions on more liberal allowance of perversion by actually officiating perversion.
Your really are delusional.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Your really are delusional.
While I agree that Justice Ginsberg's judicial philosophy is far out of step with our Founding Fathers's vision for the nation, I will also have to agree that what the poster said about Kennedy and Justice Ginsberg was totally out of line. The poster you responded to knows what he posted is BS. He is a right wing nut just trying to get a rise out of those who do not share his fringe beliefs. If he responds again, ignore him and D.N.F.T.T. As far as Ginsberg's statement was concerned, I seriously doubt that the authors of the Constitution of the United States ever intended to allow gay marriage to be the law of the land.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

flbadcatowner wrote:
As far as Ginsberg's statement was concerned, I seriously doubt that the authors of the Constitution of the United States ever intended to allow gay marriage to be the law of the land.
See, you are hung up on what doesn't truly exist.....there is NO such thing as "GAY" or "SAME-SEX" Marriage, just like there is NO such thing as "INTER-RACIAL" Marriage or "INTER-FAITH" Marriages.......all regarding of the gender make-up of the couple is just MARRIAGE under the State and Federal requirements!!!

Our Founding Fathers were wise beyond their years and made our Constitution a great document that would be able to grow with the times.......it's to bad that some can't see that!!!

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
See, you are hung up on what doesn't truly exist.....there is NO such thing as "GAY" or "SAME-SEX" Marriage, just like there is NO such thing as "INTER-RACIAL" Marriage or "INTER-FAITH" Marriages.......all regarding of the gender make-up of the couple is just MARRIAGE under the State and Federal requirements!!!
Our Founding Fathers were wise beyond their years and made our Constitution a great document that would be able to grow with the times.......it's to bad that some can't see that!!!
This is a pile of linguistic gymnastics on your part. You forget that for many millennia in most of civilization, marriage was defined as being between man and woman until the gay community tried to redefine it. When people of different races marry, it is still interracial, but it still fits the more traditional concept of marriage.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

david traversa wrote:
Except real genius is a quality seldom understood .. If you listen to most parents every family has a " genius " in their midst ( meaning a child who does reasonably well in school or plays the piano in a tolerable way , etc.).. Standards are so low nowadays mediocrity has acquired a patina of class . Ms Ginsburg is right ; but I'm sure most people are puzzled by her statement .
In this case, her intellect is very close to crossing the line between genius and insanity (if it hasn't crossed already). Some people can be so intellectually minded as to become of no earthly use. She just simply overcomplicated an issue far beyond what it should have been. There are many on the political left and right who try to read things into the Constitution that are not there and never were intended by its authors. The Constitution would be much more easy to understand if one would let it speak for itself instead of trying to bend it to fit one's political philosophy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>This is a pile of linguistic gymnastics on your part. You forget that for many millennia in most of civilization, marriage was defined as being between man and woman until the gay community tried to redefine it. When people of different races marry, it is still interracial, but it still fits the more traditional concept of marriage.
"Race" is an illusion, a thing of concepts; archaic and vicious.

Marriage is the bond. It need not be who forms the bond.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the US News Forum right now

Search the US News Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min THE DEVIL 1,078,991
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min harmonious 243,763
Obama may hold fix to flood of immigrant kids 3 min Chicopee 146
Chick-fil-A Vallejo Location Faces Opposition 3 min Frankie Rizzo 134
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 3 min eyeful 52,162
British Ban Teaching Creationism As Science, Sh... 3 min wondering 132
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Limbertwig 146,159
Bachmann says she may make another presidential... 49 min kuda 53
•••
•••