Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66327 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74741 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not black so don't have "black view"....But I will say it not in racist tone like you and lets ask all poor people what they need. Since it is an income poverty issue not race.
There perspective has already been told...WE NEED GOOD JOBS AND CLEAN SAFE PLACE TO LIVE.......
Black people need what all poverty people need...GOOD PAYING JOBS AND CLEAN SAFE PLACE TO LIVE..........Simple huh?
The onus of getting ahead is on the individual, no matter the color of their skin.

Racist tone? Surely you jest.

You have jumped topic with your jobs and housing deflection. The projects were a dismal failure. A clean safe place to live is also on the individual. I have seen mud huts and makeshift tents with dirt floors that are spotless.
Look what happened to the Super Dome during Katrina. People just sat there and crapped in the seats, and whined for someone else to do something.

Part of the "problem" is a problem of attitude and perspective. It is quite evident in your post and other posts. You ask for someone else to do something FIRST, and imply that there is nothing an individual can do to help themselves.
You implore others to do something about it before the ones in poverty can do anything to better their own plight.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74742 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
You can do all you said...but UNTIL THEY HAVE JOBS AND ARE NOT IN POVERTY IT WONT HELP..........THE ISSUE IS POVERTY NOT WHAT RACE OR COLOR THEY ARE. People need good paying jobs and benefits.......You can give every black person a good education teach them all tot urn from crime and they will still go back to crime because there is no jobs and no other way to live........WHY CNAT YOU GET THIS.
We "get" it.
Why are you incapable of getting what we are saying?
Why can't you break the cycle?

There are signs in McDonalds windows all over this country for help wanted. What's the problem with accepting one of those jobs?
There are hotels and motels all over this country with ads in the paper for help wanted. Why are they left unfilled?
There are vegetable and fruit crops decaying in the fields because of a lack of help picking them. Why are those jobs going unfilled?

The effort and will to change one's position comes before the house and the job Mr. Huh. The jobs are there. The homes are there. It is a buyer's market right now.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#74743 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
The onus of getting ahead is on the individual, no matter the color of their skin.
Racist tone? Surely you jest.
You have jumped topic with your jobs and housing deflection. The projects were a dismal failure. A clean safe place to live is also on the individual. I have seen mud huts and makeshift tents with dirt floors that are spotless.
Look what happened to the Super Dome during Katrina. People just sat there and crapped in the seats, and whined for someone else to do something.
Part of the "problem" is a problem of attitude and perspective. It is quite evident in your post and other posts. You ask for someone else to do something FIRST, and imply that there is nothing an individual can do to help themselves.
You implore others to do something about it before the ones in poverty can do anything to better their own plight.
So we should ignore it cut them off welfare and food stamps and watch the USA implode into massive violence and civil war??

What do you think we should do...You say we have a problem and to just say the blacks must fix it is stupid. How can they fix it...
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74744 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I said the greedy rich need to bring back jobs from commie china and thug india and cartel mexico....Yes private sector who trashed this nation needs to rebuild it.
I did not say give them anything but a good paying job.....WHAT PART OF CAPITALISM RETURNING TO USA AND CREATING JOBS DONT YOU GET/// We are stuck in plutocracy and big corp nation now..We need REAL capitalism to return and create jobs...
Or keep seeing more on welfare and more crime....THE RICH CONTROL THE NEXT STEP..
And this "real capitalism" of wchich you speak will return how?
What caused it to decay?
What needs to be done to correct the direction ?

Why blame corporate America for trying to remain as profitable capitalism entities, when they were forced out by intentional legislation?

You spout off with disconnect in your words. You blame private companies when they wished to remain profitable, and ignore why they left in the first place. They have your head and attention turned where the progressives want it.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#74745 Sep 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Please excuse me for laughing ahead of time!
You must have a funny poopchute.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74746 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I said the greedy rich need to bring back jobs from commie china and thug india and cartel mexico....Yes private sector who trashed this nation needs to rebuild it.
I did not say give them anything but a good paying job.....WHAT PART OF CAPITALISM RETURNING TO USA AND CREATING JOBS DONT YOU GET/// We are stuck in plutocracy and big corp nation now..We need REAL capitalism to return and create jobs...
Or keep seeing more on welfare and more crime....THE RICH CONTROL THE NEXT STEP..
"Yes private sector who trashed this nation needs to rebuild it."

Horseshit is horseshit whether written or spoken.

The private sector did not sell out Mr. Huh. They were pushed out.

How can even a small family farm be a viable business venture when the state demands two sinks to wash eggs, the "kids" can not operate a tractor they have been driving for years, and they have to be registered by the state complete with fees paid to the state to operate in the first place??
How can a kid make $5 selling lemonade on the corner when the state or city comes by and shuts them down because they are not a licensed dispenser of cold drinks?

For you to blame corporate America is the same as blaming those farm kids and the little ones selling lemonade on the corner. Free enterprise. You blame free enterprise and then say that we need to bring it back.
You better think this through Mr. Huh.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#74747 Sep 11, 2013
I have a plan to empty the people from the welfare lines and it's guaranteed to work to at least 90%.

Have prospective employers from Walmart, Kmart, construction companies, and all the fast food joints post up at the head of the line in the DHS office.

They'll scatter like roaches when you hit the light switch. The only ones who will remain will be those who are TRULY disabled and can't work. Money saved.

I'm speaking of all races.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74748 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>...
to just say the blacks must fix it is stupid.
I agree.
That is why I keep wondering why you keep saying it.
Those are your words Mr. Huh.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#74749 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
And this "real capitalism" of wchich you speak will return how?
What caused it to decay?
What needs to be done to correct the direction ?
Why blame corporate America for trying to remain as profitable capitalism entities, when they were forced out by intentional legislation?
You spout off with disconnect in your words. You blame private companies when they wished to remain profitable, and ignore why they left in the first place. They have your head and attention turned where the progressives want it.
Only way for it to return is for the rich to stop being greedy.
It decayed because of the riches greed.
Only thing government could do is create a import tariff of 25% on all imports or triple tax any company that imports.
Profitable is great SUPER UBER GREED IS NOT.

So in your backward mind why did companies leave and become traitors?
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#74750 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
That is why I keep wondering why you keep saying it.
Those are your words Mr. Huh.
I DID NOT SAY IT YOU DID LIAR!!!!!!!!!!

You keep saying black this and that..I AM SAYING IT IS AN ACROSS THE BOARD POVERTY ISSUE FOR ALL RACES....That is a fact.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74754 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Only way for it to return is for the rich to stop being greedy.
It decayed because of the riches greed.
Only thing government could do is create a import tariff of 25% on all imports or triple tax any company that imports.
Profitable is great SUPER UBER GREED IS NOT.
So in your backward mind why did companies leave and become traitors?
Because the tax structure, regulations, and over burden of governmental interference and manipulation became so hostile to free enterprise, they had to move to where they could still remain a viable entity. That's why.

Unions were the largest contributor to the decline of the auto industry. Clauses disallowing robotics and ridiculous pension demands, priced themselves out of the market.
Ford was the only ones who kept up with what needed done.

You seem to think that greed is a condition that affects only the super rich. You are mistaken.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74755 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I DID NOT SAY IT YOU DID LIAR!!!!!!!!!!
You keep saying black this and that..I AM SAYING IT IS AN ACROSS THE BOARD POVERTY ISSUE FOR ALL RACES....That is a fact.
Learn to read.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#74756 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the tax structure, regulations, and over burden of governmental interference and manipulation became so hostile to free enterprise, they had to move to where they could still remain a viable entity. That's why.
Unions were the largest contributor to the decline of the auto industry. Clauses disallowing robotics and ridiculous pension demands, priced themselves out of the market.
Ford was the only ones who kept up with what needed done.
You seem to think that greed is a condition that affects only the super rich. You are mistaken.
No,just wrong. Big companies fought for all those regulations. They were making tons of money they just wanted more. UNIONS BUILT THIS NATION AND IF THEY WERE STILL STRONG WE WOULD BE DOING A LOT BETTER........

You don't get that without a strong well paid middle class this nation will continue to crumble....THAT IS A FACT.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#74757 Sep 11, 2013
There was a factory in town close by where I live. They had 400 total employees. 150 was office and management. In 2005 they made 45 million in clear profit from doing 164 million in total sales. That is good profit margins. Yet the GREEDY owner shut down factory part built new factory in Mexico. He layed off all factory workers and front office people all got huge raises and bonuses. 250 PEOPLE LOST THERE JOB BECAUSE OF A GREEDY TURD WHO WAS NOT HAPPY WITH 45 MILLION IN PROFIT.........It did not shut down because of rules or regs or not making money....JUST GREED. And that has happened all across this nation for last 30 years....GREED GREED GREED.........

Catapilar company makes into the billions in profits....But the last 3 new factories they built in third world crap holes.....Guess they are a traitorous company also.

You just don't get that it was not rules and regs and unions that did this..JUST PURE EVIL GREED.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#74758 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to read.
Yes you should.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74759 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
No,just wrong. Big companies fought for all those regulations. They were making tons of money they just wanted more. UNIONS BUILT THIS NATION AND IF THEY WERE STILL STRONG WE WOULD BE DOING A LOT BETTER........
You don't get that without a strong well paid middle class this nation will continue to crumble....THAT IS A FACT.
Uh yeah, if you say so, sure, whatever.
sheeeesh

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#74761 Sep 11, 2013
CB can see both sides wrote:
Hows this for a conspiracy theory, the police did not check the vehicle for a gun because they did not have a search warrant, the wife says their was a gun in the vehicle, Zimmer's attorney says there was a gun in the vehicle.
The wife says Zimmerman kept repeating while sitting in his vehicle, "come a little closer, come a little closer, come a little closer".
Was he ready to use the >stand your ground defence< again?
Yes.

That's why he destroyed the iPad, so there would be no evidence. His daddy has schooled him in the legalities of getting away with crimes.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#74762 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
There was a factory in town close by where I live. They had 400 total employees. 150 was office and management. In 2005 they made 45 million in clear profit from doing 164 million in total sales. That is good profit margins. Yet the GREEDY owner shut down factory part built new factory in Mexico. He layed off all factory workers and front office people all got huge raises and bonuses. 250 PEOPLE LOST THERE JOB BECAUSE OF A GREEDY TURD WHO WAS NOT HAPPY WITH 45 MILLION IN PROFIT.........It did not shut down because of rules or regs or not making money....JUST GREED. And that has happened all across this nation for last 30 years....GREED GREED GREED.........
Catapilar company makes into the billions in profits....But the last 3 new factories they built in third world crap holes.....Guess they are a traitorous company also.
You just don't get that it was not rules and regs and unions that did this..JUST PURE EVIL GREED.
You're right. If the Government would put a hardship on those companies who outsource it would slow it down. Ban the importation of their goods to the U.S. or at least put a tariff large enough to discourage the move.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#74764 Sep 11, 2013
Jit wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true democrat!
...a real communist!
How is that?? Explain your BS post.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#74765 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh yeah, if you say so, sure, whatever.
sheeeesh
Just the facts!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min flack 1,250,941
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Coffee Party 192,069
News Donald Trump surges, and Democrats cheer 5 min Cat74 29
News The no sale of Confederate flags has reached Co... 6 min Will Dockery 154
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 7 min NoahLovesU 9,295
News CNN poll: Clinton, Bush lead their parties 8 min Le Jimbo 36
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min IND 186,166
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 10 min OhReally 2,079
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 12 min messianic114 168,709
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 13 min Taletha 332,569
More from around the web