Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#69585 Jul 18, 2013
Un-hyphenated American wrote:
To attest that the thug had every right to sucker punch,take down and then ground and pound .
Yes, dearie, and nobody should be followed on the street and killed by a wannabe angry unsuccessful man with a gun.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#69586 Jul 18, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
If people of all races can share the same public facilities;
I would like to believe that a seventeen year old walking and talking on the phone is safe and does not need to be followed and killed.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#69587 Jul 18, 2013
Perhaps this thuggery calls for a "million carpenter" march?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/07/black...
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#69588 Jul 18, 2013
I think there is some sad irony when Zimmerman brother talks about his killer brother having to look over his shoulder for his own safety:

.. but now “he’s gonna be looking around his shoulder for the rest of his life.” He expressed concerns about people “who would want to take the law into their own hands” instead of respecting the verdict.

Mr. Martin must have looked over his shoulder, seen some creepy guy following him and the creepy guy then "TAKEN THE LAW INTO THEIR OWN HANDS"
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#69589 Jul 18, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, dearie, and nobody should be followed on the street and killed by a wannabe angry unsuccessful man with a gun.
They should if they decide to attack the person who they perceive to be following them. Physical attack is still a crime in this country, following someone is not.

Sad that the imbeciles of this country cannot grasp this concept.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#69591 Jul 18, 2013
Sad that the hypocrisy is lost on the racist left, that they were outraged at Paula Deen for comments made 20 years ago, but have no problem with Nancy Grace's racist comments regarding Zimmerman.

It appears that their racial outrage is selective to insure that it agrees with their talking points and not reality.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#69592 Jul 18, 2013
Un-hyphenated American wrote:
Perhaps this thuggery calls for a "million carpenter" march?
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/07/black...
Victim's race not disclosed....More Social Engineering by controlling the message.....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#69593 Jul 18, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to believe that a seventeen year old walking and talking on the phone is safe and does not need to be followed and killed.
..Your not honest.....
Traybon B Algone Carry On

Newport News, VA

#69594 Jul 18, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you attack them. Not guilty case closed....move along...watch BIP's head spin

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#69595 Jul 18, 2013
endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
We know Martin was a racist.
We know Martin illegally assaulted the peaceful GZ.
Where's you empathy for the thousands of victims of much worse black racism?
Clearly your entire life has been in lily white neighborhoods, you know nothing of the meaner parts of town, except the lies from other idiotic, ignorant, dishonest liberals who also live far from the violent, racist criminals.
You are wrong in every respect.

-You know nothing about Martin's racial attitudes.
-Your statement that Martin assaulted the "peaceful" GZ is laughable. For your sake, I hope you're in on the joke.
-I have empathy for all victims of violence, regardless of color, sexual orientation, or ethnicity. That even includes rightie nutcases.
-I grew up in a racially and ethnically mixed neighborhood, and am very glad of it. It gave me the opportunity to interact with and befriend people of all stripes, and to get to realize our commonality as human beings.

I pity your narrow perspective.
Traybon B Algone Carry On

Newport News, VA

#69596 Jul 18, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
I think there is some sad irony when Zimmerman brother talks about his killer brother having to look over his shoulder for his own safety:
.. but now “he’s gonna be looking around his shoulder for the rest of his life.” He expressed concerns about people “who would want to take the law into their own hands” instead of respecting the verdict.
Mr. Martin must have looked over his shoulder, seen some creepy guy following him and the creepy guy then "TAKEN THE LAW INTO THEIR OWN HANDS"
You cant attack someone for just being creepy or following you. Unless the person is black...and its a creepy cracka...then its not a racist attack. For your screen name you sure don't expect responsibility from folks equally....but thats kinda typical.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#69597 Jul 18, 2013
Geeeeeez wrote:
<quoted text> why don't you read and open your eyes? I'm not responsible for your ignorance.
In other words, you can't cite the evidence for your questionable claim. So your next step is personal insult. That's the usual way.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#69598 Jul 18, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, dearie, and nobody should be allowed to lay in wait, sucker punch,take down, ground and pound and try to kill a Hispanic pudgy guy even if the thug is wannabe angry unsuccessful Miami street Hyphenated-thug with a photo of an illegal gun on his cell phone.
How's that for taking quotes and cutting/pasting/editing them dishonestly- not so nice, now is it comrade race baiter? Now go iron my shirt!
Mem

Ardsley, NY

#69600 Jul 18, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
They should if they decide to attack the person who they perceive to be following them. Physical attack is still a crime in this country, following someone is not.
Sad that the imbeciles of this country cannot grasp this concept.
Physical attack is not punishable by death in this country last I heard.
Geeeeeez

Carmel, IN

#69602 Jul 18, 2013
Mem wrote:
<quoted text>
What the heck is "daft"? Did you mean deaf? Lol! You are mentally challenged even if I was that wouldn't prevent me from reading a post..now would it? Calm down. Are you blind? Can you read? I said that the 22 year old is in the wrong. I don't defend murderers unlike you. As for the President and the TV stations I don't control any of that sweetheart. You suffer from displaced aggression for sure.
Your govt education did not serve you very well. Please look the word up first before you make a complete fool of yourself. Zimmerman is innocent. Get over it.
Mem

Ardsley, NY

#69603 Jul 18, 2013
Do you expect me to believe that people that beat up other people get the death penalty? That's what some of you are suggesting. GZ got to go to trial to speak for himself and be judged and he was given a jury of his peers. He got justice. T. Martin didn't get that chance that was taken from him along with his life.
Geeeeeez

Carmel, IN

#69604 Jul 18, 2013
Mem wrote:
<quoted text>
Physical attack is not punishable by death in this country last I heard.
OMFG, don't be so outrageous! Z had every right to shoot the thug that was on top of him and beating his head to the ground. It's called self defense.
Geeeeeez

Carmel, IN

#69605 Jul 18, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>In other words, you can't cite the evidence for your questionable claim. So your next step is personal insult. That's the usual way.
the information is there. YOU have chosen to ignore the facts. It's not my responsibility to teach you how to read.

“WISDOM IS A GIFT”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#69606 Jul 18, 2013
Trayvon received justice the moment the gun went off.
The criminal thug targeted the wrong "creepy-ass-cracker"
Geeeeeez

Carmel, IN

#69607 Jul 18, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong in every respect.
-You know nothing about Martin's racial attitudes.
-Your statement that Martin assaulted the "peaceful" GZ is laughable. For your sake, I hope you're in on the joke.
-I have empathy for all victims of violence, regardless of color, sexual orientation, or ethnicity. That even includes rightie nutcases.
-I grew up in a racially and ethnically mixed neighborhood, and am very glad of it. It gave me the opportunity to interact with and befriend people of all stripes, and to get to realize our commonality as human beings.
I pity your narrow perspective.
you are the bigot which is why you spend so much time pretending you are not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-racist author Tim Wise: White America desp... 4 min Lawrence Wolf 183
News Clinton campaign chief has closed-door talk wit... 4 min okimar 2
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Julia 275,184
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Cheech the Conser... 241,701
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Cheech the Conser... 1,550,360
News POLL: Americans Trust James Comey Over Trump 18 min huntcoyotes 716
News Do Russia probe attorneys' donations to Democra... 23 min okimar 4
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Archie DeBunker 8,199
News Democrats aim to blast Trump for favoring wealthy 1 hr Dee Dee Dee 75
More from around the web