Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Truth

Rome, GA

#68440 Jul 15, 2013
Tikk wrote:
Juror on Anderson Cooper seemed like she knew GZ or had an indirect connection with him, maybe through his friend Frank Taffe…

Interesting Interview Highlights:

• GZ got himself into this situation

• GZ went too far

• Both GZ and Martin could have walked away

• Phony, insincere crying (probably laughing on the inside)
Maybe all of them knew him. Maybe they were all there the night it happened and were co perpetrators. LOL.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68441 Jul 15, 2013
Toby wrote:
If you are armed and someone pins you down and starts beating on you, at what point do you have the constitutional right to shoot them, that's the question? Adequate force in line with self defense is commonly accepted, however what leads me to believe that Zimmerman didn't believe that Martin would perhaps knock him out and disarm him, then the question in Zimmerman's mind would have been, will he then shoot me with my own gun?
According to some of the morons on here you can only shoot once you become unconscious. I have tried this and I scored poorly at the local gun club.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68442 Jul 15, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>I did not say that it was not, what I did say was that the lead detective has the right, no the responsibility to bring evidence to support any charges to a prosecuting attorney or a magistrate. A supervisor can not tell you NOT to enforce the law, if the evidence is present.

I know of a time when a Chief of Police told an officer to charge a person with Receiving Stolen Goods and the officer stated there is not evidence that the person knew, he never got any money and the goods were returned. He then told the chief if he wanted the man charged that he still had a badge.
The local District Attorney also agreed that no charges should be filed. Very smart Chief. Saved the city of Sandford a law suit.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#68443 Jul 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he was cleared of racial profiling. The FBI investigated. You must have missed that part if the trial when the Judge said the prosecution couldn't play the race card in court.
All that means is they couldn't prove racial profiling. I guess it was hoodie profiling.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68445 Jul 15, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>All that means is they couldn't prove racial profiling. I guess it was hoodie profiling.
There goes the Civil Rights violation. Case closed. Time for everyone to move on.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68446 Jul 15, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>All that means is they couldn't prove racial profiling. I guess it was hoodie profiling.
There was no hoodie profiling either. He matched the description of burglars given by the residents. He matched race and clothing and sex. Maybe he should have called the police on a female wearing a bikini. So if you are victim of burglary and the suspect was a black male teen wearing a hoodie make sure you tell the officer not to stop and investigate if they see someone matching that description in your apartment complex.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#68447 Jul 15, 2013
I am going to stop with the nasty and sum it all up;
Zimmerman's neighborhood had problems with criminal activity. Zimmie saw someone he did not know in the area and went out to see what that person was doing. That is NOT stalking, that is NOT racial profiling; the person just happened to be Trayvon Martin who was black. A dialogue began and Trayvon initiated an assault upon Zimmie who in turn defended himself and Trayvon was killed. No profiling, stalking or racism. End of story, end of case. Terrible, yes, but that's the way it went and ended. RACE only became a topic after racist troublemakers made it one, as well as the past history of both parties. The jury was correct.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#68448 Jul 15, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's look at what didn't come out at trial.
Zimmerman the pedophile had an arrest record.

Zimmerman the pedophile was one prescription pills and drinking that night.

Zimmerman the pedophile had four dozen 911 calls that included for persons spitting at his car and wearing offensive T-Shirts.

The screams for help according to experts did not come from Zimmerman the pedophile.

None of the experts said the screams came from Zimmerman the pedophile, only that they could not be sure who made the screams.

Martin wasn't stalking Zimmerman the pedophile , Zimmerman the pedophile was stalking Martin.

Location hidden

#68450 Jul 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Very smart Chief.
Fired for incompetence, bigot.

It came out in trial- the DNA evidence that could not be used because his department did not collected it as required, bigot.

It was almost as though he meant to make sure the evidence would not be allowed into trial.

Bigot.
Bluntforce

Ashburn, VA

#68451 Jul 15, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
Live The thug life and prepare for the consequences. All the gangsta' posing and gold teeth caps in the world won't stop a bullet, eh Larry?

Location hidden

#68452 Jul 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no hoodie profiling either. He matched the description of burglars
He didn't.

He matched the descriptions of tens of millions of people in the US.

I wear a hoodie.

The pedophile was a fat man with a hero complex who thought he could play police man.
Buffalo Bill

Bucharest, Romania

#68454 Jul 15, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhhh, Topix's Racist-in-Chief just cannot let well enough be.
Buff ill, you know damn well I take nary a word from you seriously.
But seriously, either you start amusing me or I'll have to give you a taste of the good ole days. You do remember, right?
Those were the days where you'd show your ugly self and I'd whip you into such a verbal frenzy that you went and grabbed one alias after another to come attack me with your nasty and evil rants.
You remember those days? It's when you went and cried together with Bronach the LIAR. HA! You damn right I remember those days. You better call up the ghost of Bronach.
You'll need all the help you can get, Resident Pervert.
Zimmerman is NOT GUILTY!!!

Now you want blood, eh?

You'll get sh!t and like it.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68455 Jul 15, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmerman the pedophile had an arrest record.

Zimmerman the pedophile was one prescription pills and drinking that night.

Zimmerman the pedophile had four dozen 911 calls that included for persons spitting at his car and wearing offensive T-Shirts.

The screams for help according to experts did not come from Zimmerman the pedophile.

None of the experts said the screams came from Zimmerman the pedophile, only that they could not be sure who made the screams.

Martin wasn't stalking Zimmerman the pedophile , Zimmerman the pedophile was stalking Martin.
Zimmerman never attempted to apprehend anyone during those numerous calls either. There was also an eye witness that saw George screaming. Martin tested positive for drugs the night he attacked Martin. He lived to steal, smoke dope, and fight. There is proof of that as well. You left all of that out.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68456 Jul 15, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Fired for incompetence, bigot.

It came out in trial- the DNA evidence that could not be used because his department did not collected it as required, bigot.

It was almost as though he meant to make sure the evidence would not be allowed into trial.

Bigot.
Wrong answer moron. Not surprised racist.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68457 Jul 15, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Fired for incompetence, bigot.

Bigot.
Is it because they didn't wipe your chin? By the way did you hear he was found NOT GUILTY.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68458 Jul 15, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>He didn't.

He matched the descriptions of tens of millions of people in the US.

I wear a hoodie.

The pedophile was a fat man with a hero complex who thought he could play police man.
He matched the description of suspects. You seem to know little about the case. Not surprised.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#68463 Jul 15, 2013
Reagan Revived wrote:
This is why the founders had them as slaves and we need to return to those days and ways.
Why do you feel so inferior to black people?
Toby

Vancouver, WA

#68467 Jul 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
According to some of the morons on here you can only shoot once you become unconscious. I have tried this and I scored poorly at the local gun club.
I hope I didn't leave you with the impression that I felt that Zimmerman should have waited until he was unconscious to defend himself, obviously that could be suicidal. I was pointing out that perhaps Zimmerman thought at any moment he could pass out from the blows he was receiving and then knew instantly that he could then possibly be killed with his own weapon, so he simply shot Trayvon Martin to make sure he survived.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#68468 Jul 15, 2013
The Zman should pick a number for the counter suit on Holder & Obama that pays for LawSchool.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68470 Jul 15, 2013
DOA wrote:
The Prosecutors on HLN say the biggest lie Zimmerman told that thought would convict him was he didn't know the street. Hell, 4 people got on the stand didn't know where one street ended and another one started, you had to look at the house numbers to tell. How dumb are they?
Real dumb. Most of those on HLN are ignorant beyond belief. They also conveniently left out a lot of the testimony that favored Zimmerman. Apparently a lot of those on this topic get their information there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 min Freedomofexpression 8,511
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min VetnorsGate 1,582,701
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) 2 min positronium 8,663
News President Trump touts new plan for victory in A... 4 min Putins Glock Holster 8
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min Snake Eyes 26,900
News Sen. Ted Cruz visits El Paso Thursday 9 min Cruise 4 farts 2
News Trump's lack of moral compass leaves America on... 11 min Retribution 231
News Monument madness a leftist cover to crumble Ame... 29 min 13th Angel 37
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 44 min Katrina 1,526
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Trump Lies 287,788
More from around the web