Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66319 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Chalk Outline

Lansing, MI

#68348 Jul 15, 2013
LawDog wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman is a grown-ass man. He should have conducted himself of as such, instead of playing cops and robbers. If you don't think an adult with a gun should have more responsibility than a kid, then you're as bad as Zimmerman.
Of COURSE zim was an idiota, probably could not get in ANY branch of the military or any police department either!

When the cops tell you do do something it is USUALLY (not always of course) but USUALLY the SMART thing to do!

I heard he was told by them to remain in his car, getting out and getting into shnit that got that kid (17) killed was WRONG!

Rioting will NOT bring him back but it WILL cement the bad image of black people being idiots!

DON'T DO IT!!!

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#68349 Jul 15, 2013
endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither is watching a suspicious looking person. Assault and battery/attempted murder is a crime however.
That raises questions:

- Why was Martin "suspicious-looking" ?
- Was he profiling Martin because of his skin color, his hoodie, or something else?
- Why didn't Zimmerman confine his activity to just watching instead of tailing, and let the police take it from there?
Erikkk Helder

Colonial Heights, VA

#68350 Jul 15, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>He is then supposed to alert the police and stay put, not stalk him.
What law book did that come out of. If stalking was illegal TMZ and the rest of the paparazzi would be out of business.
Toby

Vancouver, WA

#68351 Jul 15, 2013
Matthew Owens of Mobile, Alabama told a group of black kids yesterday to stop playing in he middle of the street. Then about ten minutes later a group of up to twenty blacks beat him unconscious and several said it was for "trayvon"

One of the attackers said " "Now that's justice for Trayvon." as he walked away. Yet do you see any national coverage of this event by the media? Is it being investigated as a hate crime? Of course not the first assistant U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Alabama,said it was only being investigated as an assault.

Residents in the location where the mob beating occurred have had problems with kids blocking the road to play pickup basketball, in many cases they won't even step aside to let cars through.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68352 Jul 15, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>Not illegal, dear friend, but Zimmerman should have used common sense (does he have any?) and stopped following Mr. Martin.

That small piece of "common sense" from creepy wannabe cop would have saved a life.
Yet there was no evidence at trial he continued to follow. Not guilty.

Location hidden

#68354 Jul 15, 2013
endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if GZ was the re incarnation of Hitler, he had a right to defend himself from the criminal assault by Martin.
Again, you know nothing about who assaulted whom. There were just two witnesses. One is dead.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68355 Jul 15, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>As long as you don't wear a hoodie, carry a packet of skittles, a can of iced tea and walking on a street at seven in the evening. LOLL
And don't attack Zimmerman. You forgot that part. You're welcome.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#68356 Jul 15, 2013
DarwinWasSpotOn wrote:
I propose a George Zimmerman federal holiday to honor a true American patriot and downright HERO! Take THAT naacp!
On top of that, how about EVERY city have a "George Zimmermen Parkway" and rename South Central Ave in Los Angeles "Treyvon Mar-In Blvd."!!!!!!!!!!
Vlad Pootin

Colonial Heights, VA

#68357 Jul 15, 2013
Slambo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, we have plenty of privately owned guns and ammo to handle all the dopehead punks and their supporters.
To think that your nation is so divided and fighting amongst the races because of one shooting is hysterical. The US is weak and its people are filled with self hatred and false pride. Do not believe me read the post in this forum.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68358 Jul 15, 2013
NOT GUILTY INNOCENT wrote:
Lets go on the IF.. what IF george had not followed trayvon and trayvon was actually attempting to commit a crime. After the trauma the white woman went through from those two creepy ass spooks invading her home,,its no wonder why someone would not want these criminal assholes get away. Of course martin supporters have no morals to look out for the safety of their community.
Didn't see nothing didn't hear nothing. That's what you usually get.

Location hidden

#68359 Jul 15, 2013
endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
The violent, racist thug Martin caused his own death.
We are now dealing with your bigotry, not with facts. I see no reason to continue our exchanges.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68362 Jul 15, 2013
NOT GUILTY INNOCENT wrote:
YES its unfortunate trayvon matched the description of recent burglary suspects. However we cant lynch a man because he did what any honest family man would do in their neighborhood. God forbid this thug was about to break into a home,, There was nothing wrong with George wanting to keep a close watch on the potential criminal.. Hey,,,,, to damn bad if your a young black male. Stop dressing like thugs and maybe you guys wont draw the negative attention of a scumbag to society
Martin was a thief and he matched the description of thief's committing the burglaries in the complex. It doesn't mean he was the one doing so but it is worth calling 911 and investigating.

Location hidden

#68364 Jul 15, 2013
Erikkk Helder wrote:
<quoted text>
What law book did that come out of. If stalking was illegal TMZ and the rest of the paparazzi would be out of business.
You need to read the guidelines of what is expected of someone who is on neighborhood watch. He is supposed to observe and report, nothing more.
David

United States

#68366 Jul 15, 2013
UN-hyphenated American wrote:
Thug Life,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oBJrm_MpzTAXX
Great Link lolroflmao
Slambo

Castle Rock, CO

#68367 Jul 15, 2013
Vlad Pootin wrote:
<quoted text>
To think that your nation is so divided and fighting amongst the races because of one shooting is hysterical. The US is weak and its people are filled with self hatred and false pride. Do not believe me read the post in this forum.
It's not fighting. It's standing our ground. The dopehead punks and their supporters will go down if they try to assault us.
neil

United States

#68369 Jul 15, 2013
Trayvon had two choices when he realized he was being followed by a crazy looking cracker. He could have kept walking home and he would be alive today, or he could wait and confront the follower. He chose wrong and sealed his fate, for in my opinion when he chose to confront Zimmerman he became the aggressor. This is backed up by the fact Trayvon had no injuries to his face. Sometimes the decisions we mane in haste ruin our lives.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68371 Jul 15, 2013
Recovering Molestor wrote:
I may need to move to Florida just in case I have a relapse and choose to molest or kill an innocent child again.The court system will surely let me walk free just like ol George.
You might have some trouble with that one. If you kill a thug in self defense after they attacked you and tried to slam your head on the sidewalk I hear the odds may be in your favor.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68373 Jul 15, 2013
Mr Skittles wrote:
Dear God, I pray that you exact a slow, agonizing death upon every racist bigot on this forum. Amen.
That is not nice we have to many blacks dying at a young age already. Shame on you. Black racism can be changed.
Toby

Vancouver, WA

#68374 Jul 15, 2013
Matthew Owens is just a trashy backwards redneck himself but should it be socially condoned to beat him nearly to death because he yells at some kids to stop playing in the street? Also if several of the attackers said that's justice for Trayvon doesn't that indicate a hate crime to some degree?

The guy who tackled a purse snatcher and then was stomped on by a group of blacks as they were chanting "Trayvon" isn't that a hate crime? The boy who was caught on fire by two black boys who then taunted him saying "that's what you get white boy", isn't that a brutal hate crime?

I don't see the outrage from the media or society when it is black hate crimes that are committed, seems to be a double standard, and yes Nancy Grace is a piglet, a dirty attention seeking filthy pig.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68375 Jul 15, 2013
Judge Joe wrote:
If Zim is innocent, does that make Tray guilty?
Yes it does. He is guilty of aggravated assault. There is a failure to appear warrant being signed by the Judge as we speak.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 1 min serfs up 1,005
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 min Katrina 974
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 4 min californio 1,506
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min Katrina 384,246
News Speaking for God 7 min Jaimie 590
News Americans don't like Hillary Clinton or Donald ... 10 min serfs up 21
News Backgrounder: Rape involving the U.S. military ... 11 min Ainu 5
News Donald Trump breaks with nation's only Latina g... 16 min WasteWater 65
News House takes action against Confederate flag, a ... 1 hr inbred Genius 302
More from around the web