Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66305 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#68364 Jul 15, 2013
Erikkk Helder wrote:
<quoted text>
What law book did that come out of. If stalking was illegal TMZ and the rest of the paparazzi would be out of business.
You need to read the guidelines of what is expected of someone who is on neighborhood watch. He is supposed to observe and report, nothing more.
David

United States

#68366 Jul 15, 2013
UN-hyphenated American wrote:
Thug Life,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oBJrm_MpzTAXX
Great Link lolroflmao
Slambo

Castle Rock, CO

#68367 Jul 15, 2013
Vlad Pootin wrote:
<quoted text>
To think that your nation is so divided and fighting amongst the races because of one shooting is hysterical. The US is weak and its people are filled with self hatred and false pride. Do not believe me read the post in this forum.
It's not fighting. It's standing our ground. The dopehead punks and their supporters will go down if they try to assault us.
neil

United States

#68369 Jul 15, 2013
Trayvon had two choices when he realized he was being followed by a crazy looking cracker. He could have kept walking home and he would be alive today, or he could wait and confront the follower. He chose wrong and sealed his fate, for in my opinion when he chose to confront Zimmerman he became the aggressor. This is backed up by the fact Trayvon had no injuries to his face. Sometimes the decisions we mane in haste ruin our lives.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68371 Jul 15, 2013
Recovering Molestor wrote:
I may need to move to Florida just in case I have a relapse and choose to molest or kill an innocent child again.The court system will surely let me walk free just like ol George.
You might have some trouble with that one. If you kill a thug in self defense after they attacked you and tried to slam your head on the sidewalk I hear the odds may be in your favor.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68373 Jul 15, 2013
Mr Skittles wrote:
Dear God, I pray that you exact a slow, agonizing death upon every racist bigot on this forum. Amen.
That is not nice we have to many blacks dying at a young age already. Shame on you. Black racism can be changed.
Toby

Vancouver, WA

#68374 Jul 15, 2013
Matthew Owens is just a trashy backwards redneck himself but should it be socially condoned to beat him nearly to death because he yells at some kids to stop playing in the street? Also if several of the attackers said that's justice for Trayvon doesn't that indicate a hate crime to some degree?

The guy who tackled a purse snatcher and then was stomped on by a group of blacks as they were chanting "Trayvon" isn't that a hate crime? The boy who was caught on fire by two black boys who then taunted him saying "that's what you get white boy", isn't that a brutal hate crime?

I don't see the outrage from the media or society when it is black hate crimes that are committed, seems to be a double standard, and yes Nancy Grace is a piglet, a dirty attention seeking filthy pig.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68375 Jul 15, 2013
Judge Joe wrote:
If Zim is innocent, does that make Tray guilty?
Yes it does. He is guilty of aggravated assault. There is a failure to appear warrant being signed by the Judge as we speak.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68376 Jul 15, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>"Zim" was not declared innocent. He was declared not guilty. There is a difference. The prosecution could not prove it's case beyond reasonable doubt, according to the jury. That doesn't make Zimmerman innocent, it makes him lucky.

The bigots are making a folk hero out of this overblown oaf. Whatever one thinks of Trayvon Martin, the fact remains that he was innocently returning from a trip to a convenience store when his life was taken.
I believe the saying is innocent until proven guilty. Looks like he is innocent to me.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68377 Jul 15, 2013
endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>The 17 year old "boy" Martin was trying to illegally obtain a gun, evidence not presented and not allowed to be presented. Now, what would a 17 year old gangster wanna be do with a gun? Shoot his gang rivals? Kill an innocent in a drive by shooting?

Well, maybe he was going to get a CCW, right?
When the innocent 2 year old gets shot playing in the yard during a drive by it doesn't get near the attention from the community. Something's wrong with that.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68378 Jul 15, 2013
endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>They don't care, stay in Arkansas, no one cares.
Sounds like a great state for law abiding citizens. Getting a little dangerous for the thugs though.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68379 Jul 15, 2013
Toby wrote:
Also one of the six female jurist was black, so I'm wondering if the black leaders believe she is a racist also, since her verdict was not guilty? All it takes is one jurist to cause a hung jury, so it seems she voted not guilty.

The difference between the civil lawsuit against O.J. and one hoped for against Zimmerman would be like night and day, O.J. had millions of dollars worth of assets, Zimmerman is practically broke. The only thing the Martin family can get is a courtroom that will be able to reveal all of Trayvons indiscretions, his fights, his stealing jewelry, his school suspensions, his bragging about being a gangsta, growing pot, posing with handguns, searching for a handgun, etc..

Also one of the key differences between the O.J. civil lawsuit and one against Zimmerman is that the civil jury against O.J. was eager to find him liable and believed he was guilty of a double homicide, which had been more than proven in the murder trial, that will not be the reality against Zimmerman. The race card being used in a civil lawsuit will most likely backfire when all the evidence is allowed in, of course unless they can stack the jury with blacks.
Actually the FBI said there was no racism involved in the case. FBI will make a great witness for Zimmerman.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68382 Jul 15, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>What is your proof that this even happened? There were only two witnesses. One is dead.

How long it takes to walk a mile is not unlawful, as far as I know.
Better yet where is your proof it didn't happen. The prosecution would love to know because they didn't have any either.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68383 Jul 15, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I am not familiar with your imaginary friend called Sky-God. But I suppose it's nice to have company.

Nothing in Trayvon Martin's history, whether real or fantasized, makes him guilty regarding the issue at hand. There is nothing criminal in purchasing candy and a drink and walking home. If Zimmerman had not profiled and followed Martin, the boy would be alive, and Zimmerman would not have to spend the rest of his days looking behind his back.
He was cleared of profiling. Brush up on the case a little. Ignorance of the case will not be tolerated in this forum.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68384 Jul 15, 2013
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>I believe I read somewhere that there's a drug concoction termed "lean" that is used to get high and one of its main ingredients is Arizona Iced Tea watermelon fruit juice cocktail, that is said to be the beverage of choice for lean.
I am not up to date on all the new drugs out there. I've heard a little about it.
UN-hyphenated American

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#68385 Jul 15, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>He is then supposed to alert the police and stay put, not stalk him.
Cite the crime committed under Florida law in that statement vs. a sucker punching, ground and pounding felonious assault.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68387 Jul 15, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>Trayvon Martin was being followed and harrassed by some crazed wet-back. He was the one with the right to stand his ground. The INS should check into Zimmerman's immigration status.
SYG does not apply when you attack someone from behind. If he lived he would have been charged with aggravated assault and incarcerated.
Toby

Vancouver, WA

#68388 Jul 15, 2013
Trayvon went into the 7-11 wearing a button on his hoodie of his criminal career dead cousin whom he idolized , while he was at the 7-11 he waited outside to buy a blunt from three other wannabe hooded gangsta's , then he headed on to his school suspension party crib and cased out the neighborhood on the way. He also texted a lot about "lean" and how he was a gangsta and needed a handgun, now he's in gangsta wannabe paradise, word up boyeeee!

Truth

Rome, GA

#68389 Jul 15, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>What bs. Martin had every right to hang out in his own neighborhood. Just because some crazed hispanic gang-banger shows up thinking he is Tony Montana...

Ship him back to Peru.
Give him more bullets and keep him here.
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#68390 Jul 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the FBI said there was no racism involved in the case. FBI will make a great witness for Zimmerman.
Truth.

That may be true, but the Africans are in control of the Government's corrupt "justice" system. The Africans are using George as a "stand-in" for the White male. There may have been no "racism" involved when George was forced to use deadly force to defend his life and limb when, under cover of darkness, his brains were being bashed out onto a cold concrete sidewalk, but there sure is plenty of racism in the Government's "justice" system.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/lh7wt9

Ronald

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News SCOTUS Rules Against Wisconsin Democrats On Red... 8 min Bama Yankee 4
News All 5 first ladies speak out on family separati... 11 min Cordwainer Trout 2
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Rattlesnake Pete 1,779,943
News Trump digs in on immigration despite outrage 12 min anonymous 1
Drake Surprises His Dad With Blue Bentley For F... 18 min SocialSecurityChief 1
News Father's Day used to highlight fight against Tr... 38 min Bama Yankee 24
News Melania Trump says US should govern - with hear... 40 min NotSoDivineMsM 202
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Hypocrite watch 87,137
News Donald Trump calls unauthorized immigrants 'ani... 3 hr American_Infidel 960
News Trump's land of delusion 3 hr Christshariahns 681