Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 66,349

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Full Story
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#68147 Jul 15, 2013
Kkk wrote:
<quoted text>
T. Martin is DEAD. T. Martin wasn't on trial for his own death as much a you want him to be. He was innocent when it comes to HIS MURDER. Demonize him all you want but he didn't kill himself and he didn't just die of natural causes. Dear Lord some of you want to justify this so much... Why? He is dead. You want to kill him again and again and sentence him to death for not being a perfect person. GZ wasn't perfect and still he doesn't deserve to die. GZ wasn't innocent. Some of you talk about how bad black people are but the majority of you are bashing black people and being very hateful and evil with what you say and wish. Some of you seem to be the real threat. You are not speaking peaceful you are being very uncivilized. How disgusting and hypocritical.
he did die from his own causes, he decided to be a thug, he decided to use drugs, he decided to assault someone, if he diddn t die that night it would be one night soon, possibly assaulting a police officer and then we wouldn t have such a circus, hint, if you are a thug and you wish to live, respect others as you wish to be respected,
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#68148 Jul 15, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait and watch. The FBI only looked at the issue of whether or not Zimmerman was racist. That question is irrelevant to me.
I would begin by interviewing the girlfriend of the boy's father. A lot of questions about Zimmerman I would be asking her. Likewise, I would want to know Zimmerman's entire schedule for the previous week. Everything he did.
I would have liked to see a toxicology report on Zimmerman at the time if it was ever taken, but it appears the pd dropped that ball too.
If so, I would start looking at criminal charges against the pd investigators.
They certainly dropped the ball when they let the paramedics clean up Zimmerman. Everything Zimmerman was wearing should have been seized as evidence, but apparently it wasn't.
in other words a witch hunt, a better idea get on your broom and just fly into oblivion
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#68149 Jul 15, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>um there southern... conservative and stupid//
and light years ahead of you
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#68150 Jul 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
Time for bed Carholicmoron. I will come back tomorrow and continue to make you look like a fool.
actually he does that pretty well himself, probably another low life poverty law racists
Buffalo Bill

Budapest, Hungary

#68151 Jul 15, 2013
Well things are looking up for George Zimmerman.

Look for another stand your ground hearing in order to stop the Martin's impending lawsuit from going forward.

As for the DOJ filing charges of civil rights violations, slim to none. Actually, none. As much as Eric Holder would LOVE to file these charges, Obama is in too much trouble to even consider exposing the country to another circus.

Besides, the feds don't have a case.

Alright George!
Buffalo Bill

Budapest, Hungary

#68152 Jul 15, 2013
Look for charges to be filed against Angela Corey for prosecuting a case without any evidence against the accused.

Also, look for charges of civil rights violations that she witheld crucial evidence from the court and from the defense.

Way to go Angie!

Can you say, "I'll be a lesbian in prison?"
jackson

Lexington, KY

#68153 Jul 15, 2013
Why didn't he just go home? He had time - those minutes he stood waiting for Zimmerman. He could have just gone home, could have reported that Zimmerman was giving him a hard time. Zimmerman did nothing illegal (nor did Trayvon until he hit Zimmerman). There were no injuries on Martin other than the gunshot -- Zimmerman did not fight/scuffle with him.

Ok, Zimmerman might have been a cop "wannabe", but he did nothing illegal. He continued when told not to, but that was not illegal.

All in all a very sad thing, but Zimmerman did what he felt necessary to stop Martin. Self defense.

Reverse the races - what do you think then? Say a hispanic was robbing the neighborhood, wearing a hoodie. Say Zimmerman was black. Then what do you think? It should never have gone to trial -- the media pushed (with help from Obama, Jackson and Sharpton, etc.) when the DA had found no reason to prosecute. So the DA bends to pressure and prosecutes a case that is clearly self defense.

Calling Zimmerman a "white-hispanic" exacerbated the race issue. A Florida NBC station edited the 911 call to make it seem Zimmerman was racist - that was unforgivable and if I lived there, I would file a lawsuit (seriously) against that network for distorting the truth and creating/reporting lies.

This was tried merely because the powers that be wanted to continue the racial divide in this country. They don't want peace, they want us to hate each other -- it furthers their agenda.

Trayvon was not a sweet, innocent child, he had had his problems. He should have gone home -- by staying he made it obvious he wanted a confrontation. Hitting Zimmerman, straddling him and hitting him was not necessary. He should have gone home when he had the time to do so.

By the way, I am most definitely NOT a racist -- I have many friends and co-workerss of all races. I do believe, however, that there are racists of all kinds - including those who would seek to keep us divided. That's the worst kind of racist there is.
Buffalo Bill

Budapest, Hungary

#68154 Jul 15, 2013
I've been saying for well over a year now that the Martin supporters would throw Corey and the judge under the bus.

This Jugde Nelson did everything in her power to see to it that George Zimmerman got convicted. Now the Martin supporters are calling her a racist...lol. Did anybody expect anything different? Really?

She should have been a Republican, that way at least she would not be getting thrown under the bus by her own.

...and that's that!
NO FLORIDA FOR ME

Little Rock, AR

#68155 Jul 15, 2013
I had planned to go to Disneyland and Universal Studios sometime in the future with my family. This would have been a great trip for my youngest daughter. Due to the verdict rendered in the Trayvon Martin verdict, I won't coming to Florida! I will not spend money in a state that does not value human life. Florida is a state that has no sense of justice. I believe many people will boycott Florida because of this case.
Buffalo Bill

Hungary

#68156 Jul 15, 2013
NO FLORIDA FOR ME wrote:
I had planned to go to Disneyland and Universal Studios sometime in the future with my family. This would have been a great trip for my youngest daughter. Due to the verdict rendered in the Trayvon Martin verdict, I won't coming to Florida! I will not spend money in a state that does not value human life.

Florida is a state that has no sense of justice. I believe many people will boycott Florida because of this case.
Really?...Fat chance!

Trying to keep people from coming to Florida is like trying to keep people from going to paradise.

This is the safest State in the country. The nasty's are scared to death that they'll get shot if they go up against the wrong person.

They just don't have x-ray vision.

Good luck on your hate crusade of trying to change the Stand Your Ground law.

LOL.
Buffalo Bill

Hungary

#68157 Jul 15, 2013
NO FLORIDA FOR ME wrote:
I had planned to go to Disneyland and Universal Studios sometime in the future with my family. This would have been a great trip for my youngest daughter. Due to the verdict rendered in the Trayvon Martin verdict, I won't coming to Florida! I will not spend money in a state that does not value human life. Florida is a state that has no sense of justice. I believe many people will boycott Florida because of this case.
Uh,...try Disneyworld!

Numbnut!
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#68158 Jul 15, 2013
jackson wrote:
Ok, Zimmerman might have been a cop "wannabe", but he did nothing illegal. He continued when told not to, but that was not illegal.
Not illegal, dear friend, but Zimmerman should have used common sense (does he have any?) and stopped following Mr. Martin.

That small piece of "common sense" from creepy wannabe cop would have saved a life.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#68159 Jul 15, 2013
Buffalo Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Numbnut!
http://www.floridadisneyland.com/
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#68160 Jul 15, 2013
Buffalo Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the safest State in the country.
As long as you don't wear a hoodie, carry a packet of skittles, a can of iced tea and walking on a street at seven in the evening. LOLL
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#68161 Jul 15, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>
respect others as you wish to be respected,
Your assumptions (like Zimmermans) are absurd and ignorant but, your last comment is right. You should probably take note of it as you smear Mr. Martin's character with assumptions that are absurd and ignorant.
Buffalo Bill

Budapest, Hungary

#68162 Jul 15, 2013
NOT GUILTY INNOCENT

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#68163 Jul 15, 2013
Lets go on the IF.. what IF george had not followed trayvon and trayvon was actually attempting to commit a crime. After the trauma the white woman went through from those two creepy ass spooks invading her home,,its no wonder why someone would not want these criminal assholes get away. Of course martin supporters have no morals to look out for the safety of their community.
NOT GUILTY INNOCENT

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#68164 Jul 15, 2013
Trayvon martin broke the law when he attacked George Zimmerman
NOT GUILTY INNOCENT

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#68165 Jul 15, 2013
How long was George suppose to lay there on the ground getting beat. Until he was unconscious and then this thug would have taken his gun and shot him.
NOT GUILTY INNOCENT

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#68167 Jul 15, 2013
George called 911 and was screaming for help for at least 40 seconds. He wanted to look out for his neighborhood. The community was being targeted by young black male criminals. Common sense out weighs profiling

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min SobieskiSavedEurope 1,155,507
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min replaytime 133,653
No charges: Houston officer shot unarmed black man 12 min xxxrayted 22
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 15 min Eagle 12 2,596
Anti-Bush bus rolls into Farmington; Republican... (Aug '08) 17 min The real XandO 56
Political figures clash after slaying of NYPD o... 18 min xxxrayted 68
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 22 min xxxrayted 446
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 26 min EAGLE EYE1 294,249
Probe fails to link IRS scandal to White House 2 hr Shinichiro Takizawa 12
Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat in 2014 5 hr Go Blue Forever 29
More from around the web