Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#68076 Jul 14, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, if he wrote up manslaughter charges (damn I never knew a cop could write up any charges, that was the domain of the Prosecuting attorney or in Virginia the Commonwealth Attorney or a Magistrate), then why the hell were they never executed on Zimmerman? Do you mean that he wrote a police report that recommended these charges and that was overturned by his supervisors? If he found grounds for arrest and did not effect said arrest he would be in dereliction of his duties.
Son, if you are going to attempt to sound like a cop, learn some cop talk.
I don't need to "learn some cop talk" nor do I care about sounding like one.

First, Virginia doesn't have a thing to do with this case.

Second, you answered your own question. Detective Serino did recommend manslaughter charges in his affidavit. He was, indeed, overruled by his superiors.

Did you not know about this case? It was all in the news.

Oh boy.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68077 Jul 14, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. There was photos taken before EMT's cleaned him up. They were at the trial. So was his clothes. How does the girlfriend of Martin know his schedule? What does his schedule have to do with anything? Absolutely nothing. There will be know charges against Zimmerman or the Investigators. LOL. You continue to look like the moron.
I don't expect her to know Zimmerman's schedule. I'm talking about the girlfriend of Trayvon's father. I would investigate her relationship with Zimmerman, whther it was good or bad; and whether or not Zimmerman actually knew Martin was at her apartment before the incident occurred and whether or not jealousy or animosity toward her may have played a role in Zimmerman's aggression toward Trayvon.

Yes, but cleaning him up before taking him down to the station wasn't good investigative work. Pictures are ok but not adequate. They needed to take dna samples from his face etc. They needed to determine if in fact, Martin was the person who hit Zimmerman and the only way to do that was to wait till they got him back to the pd.

They needed to do complete kit on his face.

Remember, from a detective's point of view, they were obligated to discount his side of the story as if he were lying and try to prove he was lying and by making that effort, clear him or prove that he was lying.

It wouldn't be the first time that a fight was faked to protect a person from prosecution and the detectives are supposed to assume that that is what is happening.

We have to eliminate Zimmerman's story from the start because he has a very strong incentive to lie. The person who can prove he's lying was killed by Zimmerman so we have to have a person who saw the entire incident or we have to examine all possibilities the physical evidence gives us and eliminate each one until by process of elimination we get the most likely one.

Zimmerman's side of the story was regarded as a lie by the original detective who thought manslaughter charges should be filed against Zimmerman, but instead he was overruled by the chief who didn't want to prosecute a local over the death of a kid from out of town.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68078 Jul 14, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome. I think catholicmoron is a complete joke. He has been wrong on every post. He is only an expert at being a moron. He must love getting educated. Those Navy boys aren't to bright. He should have stuck to guarding boats. He doesn't have a clue about law enforcement or the criminal justice system. He must love looking stupid for hours at a time.
You are the one looking stupid. Your primary response has been ridicule and personal attacks rather than thinking.

Grow up.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68081 Jul 14, 2013
endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your outrage over this?
Unarmed handicap Hispanic Man Shot By Black man in Phoenix
April 12, 2012 by Underground Militia
Filed under: Uncategorized
lets see how much backwards justice AZ has ?
In a case that is being compared to the Trayvon Martin shooting, a black man who shot and killed an unarmed man outside an Arizona restaurant is claiming self-defense.
On Tuesday, April 3, 2012, around 7:30 p.m., 29-year-old Daniel Adkins, who appears to be a white male Hispanic, was killed outside a Laveen, Arizona, Taco Bell at 7233 South 51st Avenue, near Baseline Road, said Phoenix police.
Until I see some outrage from the country, especially Martin defenders, I'm left with no option but that people like you are hypocrites and criminal defenders.
Actually, this is the second case I've been using to advocate the repeal of the Florida stand your ground law. The first case involved a black citizen shooting a white father.

My position in both cases is that the armed person who shot an unarmed victim in both cases should be prosecuted and sent to prison.

I'm very old fashioned veteran from a family of veterans. For us, it is cowardice for an armed man to shoot an unarmed man.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68085 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68087 Jul 14, 2013
endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is very few people are shreiking for this black murderer to be prosecuted.
To be honest with you, I haven't even heard of it. I was aware of the two Florida cases because I was in Florida when they happened and followed them and commented on them the entire time.

Florida just got worse for everyone as a result of this verdict.

In fact, until the Florida legislature fixes the problem they created with the stand your ground law, I would recommend non-residents of Florida vacation somewhere else. Your safety is not guaranteed in Florida at the moment.

In fact, most residents are not safe as a result of this verdict.

Florida just endorsed a wild west mentality.
cowboy

Spanish Fork, UT

#68088 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think it is appropriate for citizens to call in every possibly intoxicated person they see. Being intoxicated on private property isn't illegal.
If I were inclined to get intoxicated, I could sit outside on my front porch and get falling down drunk and the pd couldn't do a damned thing about it. Neither could the neighborhood watch.
Gated communities are private property even, the streets.
Again, Zimmerman did not have the kind of probable cause a police officer would need to make an arrest.
You defenders of Zimmerman are fanatics, completely unwilling to listen to reason.
I like it when bums like you pull guns on me. Then, I'm allowed to have some fun.
If you were inclined to get falling down drunk on your front porch, you bet you ass you could get arrested, it's called "Public Intoxication" dummy.... Wait now Son...I can hear you saying,"You don't know what it's like where I am"....I used to live in Rio Vista Son...Your turn.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68089 Jul 14, 2013
endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence, the facts and common sense back up Zimmerman's story.
The evidence points to Zimmerman crossing the line and committing murder as a result.

A hothead with a gun is bad news.

The evidence points to Zimmerman knowing he wasn't authorized to be armed while following Martin. In fact, that's how we train the neighborhood watch in Florida. There's no way a watch captain wouldn't have known. Gated communities tend to be very by the book on that kind of thing.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68090 Jul 14, 2013
cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were inclined to get falling down drunk on your front porch, you bet you ass you could get arrested, it's called "Public Intoxication" dummy.... Wait now Son...I can hear you saying,"You don't know what it's like where I am"....I used to live in Rio Vista Son...Your turn.
Nope. Its not legally public until I cross my property line, but I was just kidding anyway.

I wouldn't waste the time arresting someone drunk on private property; I know the judge will dismiss it.
Kkk

Burnt Hills, NY

#68091 Jul 14, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin was not innocent. Zimmerman said he appeared to be on something. Toxicology report confirmed that. You have heard of public intoxication haven't you? Aren't you tired of being proven wrong every time you post yet?
T. Martin is DEAD. T. Martin wasn't on trial for his own death as much a you want him to be. He was innocent when it comes to HIS MURDER. Demonize him all you want but he didn't kill himself and he didn't just die of natural causes. Dear Lord some of you want to justify this so much... Why? He is dead. You want to kill him again and again and sentence him to death for not being a perfect person. GZ wasn't perfect and still he doesn't deserve to die. GZ wasn't innocent. Some of you talk about how bad black people are but the majority of you are bashing black people and being very hateful and evil with what you say and wish. Some of you seem to be the real threat. You are not speaking peaceful you are being very uncivilized. How disgusting and hypocritical.
cowboy

Spanish Fork, UT

#68092 Jul 14, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>so you would be ok if a nut case zipperhead stalked and harassed and terrified your child then shot them to death because your kid fought back.... wow... what a dad you are
GAWD, the 'Idjits' are out tonight....
Zimmerman is white and Peruvian.(Zimmerman is also a common Jewish name)...A "Zipperhead" refers to, mostly a Viet Cong or more generally to Vietnamese in particular..."Gook" is actually more common.....Kind of like "Chinks" for Chinese, "Nips" for Japanese,(short for Nippon, Japanese for Japan), "Bucket Heads" for Koreans etc......Funny thing is, you wouldn't say that shit face to face to a "Zipper head", "Gook", "Nip" or what ever to their faces, much less to my "White Anglo Saxon Protestant(WASP) Face.....Gotta love these "Keyboard Commandos" huh?
cowboy

Spanish Fork, UT

#68093 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Its not legally public until I cross my property line, but I was just kidding anyway.
I wouldn't waste the time arresting someone drunk on private property; I know the judge will dismiss it.
Nope, sorry, you are wrong, I am retired Federal LEO and Deputized SJ, Sac, Contra Costa, Solano and Yolo....All I have to say is that I feel you are not capable of taking care of yourself, make you "Blow"..Your BAC is above .08, you go to Jail for the night, minimum 6 hrs.....All it would be is at max, a fine, but you still spent time in jail....Welcome to the real world where you have to answer for your mistakes....Hell, I was "Young and Dumb" once too.
'Nite...
nobama

Cathedral City, CA

#68094 Jul 14, 2013
Buffalo Bill wrote:
Ahh here's one!
Zimmerman gets his gun back!
Ha ha ha...
http://gma.yahoo.com/george-zimmerman-gun-bac...
That type of gun will most likely start selling like hot cakes.
I want one, TM types beware.
EASY MONEY

Thailand

#68095 Jul 14, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>yur right I would make killer money ... not many white chicks there... after all ... all your gook girls look the same and are named kim
Thats the same thing the Russian and East Bloc honeys think when they try to make a living here. They soon find out they can only if lucky, pull a quarter of what they earn in Europe or the mid-east. It's the old supply and demand in action. Places here offer up to 150 to 200 honeys a night to choose from. After all, when you get right down to it, they are all pretty much the same.
EASY MONEY

Thailand

#68098 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, this is the second case I've been using to advocate the repeal of the Florida stand your ground law. The first case involved a black citizen shooting a white father.
My position in both cases is that the armed person who shot an unarmed victim in both cases should be prosecuted and sent to prison.
I'm very old fashioned veteran from a family of veterans. For us, it is cowardice for an armed man to shoot an unarmed man.
Guess you didn't spend anytime in Vietnam.
juan diaz

Newark, NJ

#68100 Jul 14, 2013
Wow
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#68102 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest with you, I haven't even heard of it. I was aware of the two Florida cases because I was in Florida when they happened and followed them and commented on them the entire time.
Florida just got worse for everyone as a result of this verdict.
In fact, until the Florida legislature fixes the problem they created with the stand your ground law, I would recommend non-residents of Florida vacation somewhere else. Your safety is not guaranteed in Florida at the moment.
In fact, most residents are not safe as a result of this verdict.
Florida just endorsed a wild west mentality.
Interesting. I also thought early on things would be worse for people who live/visit Florida too.

I've called Florida the wild, wild west since last year if the law is upheld.

Then again, this wasn't syg either.

What's really interesting is it now exposes the true weakness in the law and how to take advantage of a situation.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#68103 Jul 15, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting. I also thought early on things would be worse for people who live/visit Florida too.
I've called Florida the wild, wild west since last year if the law is upheld.
Then again, this wasn't syg either.
What's really interesting is it now exposes the true weakness in the law and how to take advantage of a situation.
there is nothing wrong with the Florida law which the only ones complaining are the Idiots that have something to worry about which I am waiting for Law Abiding citizens to take back the streets in Chicago now and gang bangers now got something to worry about.
Chalice

Alice, TX

#68104 Jul 15, 2013
Sounds like the NBC owners and management would be a great match for that no balls wimp Ted Turner. Just look at the biased bs on his cable networks. No surprise there though, he was married to that skank "Hanoi" Jane Fonda. Her ass should have been shipped out of this country when she spewed her anti-American crap and played up to the filthy rice eating chinamen.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#68105 Jul 15, 2013
Chalice wrote:
Sounds like the NBC owners and management would be a great match for that no balls wimp Ted Turner. Just look at the biased bs on his cable networks. No surprise there though, he was married to that skank "Hanoi" Jane Fonda. Her ass should have been shipped out of this country when she spewed her anti-American crap and played up to the filthy rice eating chinamen.
forget to mention John Kerry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton to address Wellesley College gr... 3 min anonymous 16
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min spud 2,592
News On trip abroad, Trump stays on script, but will... 5 min Red Crosse 13
News Democrats hope to send Trump, Republicans a mes... 9 min Red Crosse 13
News Barack Obama charms golfing crowds during round... 11 min anonymous 4
News Republican wins Montana election despite assaul... 12 min Red Crosse 28
News Clinton: Trump's budget shows "unimaginable lev... 12 min positronium 67
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Coffee Party 240,949
News James Comey fired as FBI director 17 min huntcoyotes 2,755
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 23 min Cheech the Conser... 1,535,896
News White House rebuts Washington Post report of Tr... 37 min spud 862
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 52 min Uncle Tab 270,226
More from around the web