Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

texas

Alice, TX

#67456 Jul 14, 2013
Pompano Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference between opinion, and fact. Zimmerman's blood WAS found on Martin, on the bottom of his sweat shirt. Thats fact, introduced into evidence. Another fact....the EMT testified that his nose appeared to be broken, and whether it really was or not is logically irrelevant. And for the 10,000th time, HE DID show his injuries to the world and the jury, but this was not not not not not a Stand Your Ground argument, that was not even pursued....it was merely self defense.
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/19/3010311...
\
Boo Hoo Hoo An EMT also said my hand wasn't broken and it was in 4 places! But I got the x-rays to prove it. It is relevant when you talk about necessary force. Manslaughter should have been the first charge for him. There was no need for defense with a pistol. He was/is just like De La Rionda said, "a wanna be cop." I'm sure he will have a lovely life looking over his shoulder and trying to protect his wifes fat behind to her expectations. Oh and by the way I thought that son of a gun was black so no I didn't think it was a racial issue. Just a coward using the simple way out, shooting.
New Black Panther Party

Fayetteville, GA

#67458 Jul 14, 2013
Robert Zimmerman Jr. full home address and place of employment will be posted soon to all the top social media sites.We are waiting on our Chief of Staff within the party to sign off on it.
for real

Houston, TX

#67459 Jul 14, 2013
Rogerg wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm from Tepic,Mexico and yes, I know where Mexico is. Yes you are right about the Blacks, but,wrong about the rest of it. Whites and Browns" are considered "White Hispanic" (Google most wanted in Los Angles for instance). I have no idea what a "persian" is though and there are no "native Americans" in Mexico. That is an American term.
You are simply not quite as smart as you think you are.huh?
I think it was an American president who termed the word "hispanic".
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#67460 Jul 14, 2013
There you go again wrote:
And now the feds want to bring hate crime charges against GZ
not surprising, just a duck shooting, they are to have a double jepoardy protection clause, if the judicial process and lawyers would really like themselves to be view as professionals (i know they are just incompetents) they would honor their code and let the matter be ended, their constant being wrong and then to not follow their code in the attempt to impose injustice just makes them look even more pathetic, the next move should be the remaking of the judicial system and eliminating the bar associations licensing so that ethicall persons can start improving a vile system, also like japan, prohibit attorney s from eligibility to become a judge, a judge needs to be ethical not trained in law
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#67461 Jul 14, 2013
New Black Panther Party wrote:
Robert Zimmerman Jr. full home address and place of employment will be posted soon to all the top social media sites.We are waiting on our Chief of Staff within the party to sign off on it.
better yet why don t you all board an old rickey buss and drive it off the grand canyon, i m sure a contibution could be made to pay the fuel to get there, you racists are disgusting
TAK

Lancaster, PA

#67462 Jul 14, 2013
Zimmerman was not guilty because that was the only verdict allowed , the law is very clear on this matter. If your mad have the laws changed. But also take responsibilty for your communities first, the number one killer of blacks is other blacks , and you`ll be hard pressed to find anyone willing to cooperate with law enforcement. Something happens in my neighborhood, I`d cooperate because thats my home, I want it to be safe.
Pompano Jack

Niceville, FL

#67463 Jul 14, 2013
texas wrote:
<quoted text>
\
Boo Hoo Hoo An EMT also said my hand wasn't broken and it was in 4 places! But I got the x-rays to prove it. It is relevant when you talk about necessary force. Manslaughter should have been the first charge for him. There was no need for defense with a pistol. He was/is just like De La Rionda said, "a wanna be cop." I'm sure he will have a lovely life looking over his shoulder and trying to protect his wifes fat behind to her expectations. Oh and by the way I thought that son of a gun was black so no I didn't think it was a racial issue. Just a coward using the simple way out, shooting.
You wanted Zimmerman's blood on Martin, you got it. You wanted his nose examined, it was....would x-rays make difference LEGALLY, of course not. "Wanna be cop"....those words were used, yes. Their legal relevance with respect to facts and evidence? Precisely nothing. You say "no need for defense with a pistol". The law is absolutely clear.....the need was justified. If you want to change the law, have at it. But don't pretend this wasn't in accordance with existing law.
Patriot

Mexico

#67464 Jul 14, 2013
I took the OJ trial in stride. No mouthing off and no hate because he was judged innocent by his peers. We now have another case of the same circumstances and the darkies cant abide by the law of the land. I think they should be put on a list with muslims for deportation or jail. Im sick and tired of listening to those tribal savages scream racism etc to everything that doesn't suit them.
Im still smiling!
fact

Mount Hope, WV

#67465 Jul 14, 2013
You are a true liar. We have that info already, google is your friend. Dumbass.
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#67469 Jul 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sad. Criminals should be allowed to attack people and beat their heads in the cement until they die. That's justice. If I see you following me and decide to turn around and strangle you, then you get strangled to death with no ability or permission to protect yourself. You should just take it.
our problelm is a racist government, and it s up to us the people to eliminate it, we have to stop funding it it will not go away on it own, it will not self correct, we cannot vote our way out of anarchy, we must have it collaspe through not funding then rebuild and bring the operatives in the government, hollywood, media, and especially the judicial system, any claim as to not being able to determine right from wrong carry no weight
race card

United States

#67470 Jul 14, 2013
Just because trey on was 17, does not mean he was not dangerous. Zimmerman defended himself. Get over yourselves.
race card

United States

#67471 Jul 14, 2013
texas wrote:
<quoted text>\
America was founded on whiskey and guns. Get over it.
Patriot

Mexico

#67474 Jul 14, 2013
Jim Shortz wrote:
<quoted text>
the wannabe black kittens party
More threats from a spineless bunch of worthless bastards.

Since: Jun 13

United States

#67475 Jul 14, 2013
man iam glad that's over with! that's all I have heard about since it started over and over again, I kind of had a feeling Zim was gonna be not guilty, it is what it is and now all involved need to move on! My thoughts and prayers goes out to both sides and Zim will have to live with himself for ever from what he did, was it fair, I think so.
TAK

Lancaster, PA

#67476 Jul 14, 2013
Your a pathetic person living in your moms basement, pretending to be something your not.
I`ll wait for my chief of staff to sign off on you.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#67478 Jul 14, 2013
wtf wrote:
...too bad all the white people are working and have no time to take to the streets like all the blacks.
Here you are.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#67479 Jul 14, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text> our problelm is a racist government, and it s up to us the people to eliminate it
Us people, eh?

You might trying for your GED first, and see if you can rally the drop outs behind you dear.

Or just move to Arizona.
No Exuses

Columbus, OH

#67482 Jul 14, 2013
Alinsky tactics are evil. They use of Treyvon for politics is evil.

Grand Jury ????

http://www.justice.gov/crs/ ????

Prosecution holding evidence ???

Editing the words of Zimmerman is criminal.???

President O getting involved ???

The Democratic Plantation is alive and well.

Medgar Evers and Emmett Till are not to be used.
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#67484 Jul 14, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Us people, eh?
You might trying for your GED first, and see if you can rally the drop outs behind you dear.
Or just move to Arizona.
barefoot2626.

Yes. You are right. The primary cause of death of young Africans is violence at the hands of their fellow Africans. Many of that violence is being committed by male Africans who are much younger than Trayvon. The Government cannot solve this problem by lynching non-African "Hispanics" and Anglo White men. If any solution is to be found, it will need to come from the African community itself.

Ronald
Truth

Rome, GA

#67485 Jul 14, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>oh but my stupid wasn't treyvon "Standing his Ground"
When he came up behind someone? Definitely not and the jury saw it that way as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump, top Democrats reach deal on DACA immigrants 2 min Tea Bag Residue C... 85
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min southerngirl 1,602,248
News Trade panel says low-cost solar imports hurt US... 6 min Retribution 8
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 10 min swampmudd 31,247
News Michigan sued after gay couples are rejected fo... 11 min Tea Bag Residue C... 39
News Hillary Clinton fans mob New York bookstore for... 12 min TRUMP a FOOL 17
News End California's election madness 15 min Le Jimbo 2
News GOP health bill all but dead; McCain again deal... 27 min Retribution 58
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Abe 289,236
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 5 hr cpeter1313 10,121
News Jimmy Kimmel transforms debate, and shows comed... 9 hr spocko 91
More from around the web