Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66318 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Ralph

Coleman, MI

#65938 Jul 10, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a hothead and/or an idiot unwilling to comply with Florida law would be on patrol carrying a weapon as a neighborhood watch member without a Class "D" license. Since they can only do so with Class "D" license and Class "D" license requires the firearm to be visible, Zimmerman proved he was unwilling to comply with the law by concealing his unauthorized weapon while on patrol. In Florida, it is a felony.
Pay attention.
obummer and holder could have use your expertice when they where organizing George's show trial. http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/07/10/newly-re...
There is reality

Newport News, VA

#65939 Jul 10, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Trayvon Martin may not have been a teen angel, but George Zimmerman was no gift to mankind either. Zimmerman is the one with the arrest record, the one who profiled Martin, the one who did the stalking, the one who was clearly angry and fed up, the one using Adderall (an "upper" which causes aggressive behavior), the one with the gun.
...Zimmerman broke no law.....arrest record is irrelivent. They already said he "did not" profile. Pay attention. Traygone violated Z-mans rights whether he felt he was creepy or not. Ya cant attack someone for just following you. Assault is crime. No??? Following....is not. No?

Z-man is gonna walk. Board up your windows folks.
Huh

Princeton, WV

#65940 Jul 10, 2013
Jentel said Martin told her he was right outside his fathers house. She said he was running before the call ended. Why did he run from one end of the building to the other?
Toby

Vancouver, WA

#65941 Jul 10, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Trayvon Martin may not have been a teen angel, but George Zimmerman was no gift to mankind either. Zimmerman is the one with the arrest record, the one who profiled Martin, the one who did the stalking, the one who was clearly angry and fed up, the one using Adderall (an "upper" which causes aggressive behavior), the one with the gun.
As I pointed out earlier, the only reason Trayvon didn't have a record was because the school police chief ordered his officers not to file criminal reports against students so that the school crime statistics would appear to be much lower. Hurley instructed his officers to reduce the number of arrests of black juveniles, that is why the stolen jewelry was marked "found items" instead of "possibly stolen items", which would have guaranteed a criminal investigation.

No teen is a "teen angel" but Trayvon was the antithesis of anything close to the definition of "teen angel" I would take it that defacing school property with graffiti, imitating a gangsta, burglarizing homes, selling marijuana, seeking a handgun, displaying pictures of handguns(one of trayvon holding a handgun), and marijuana growing, bragging about fighting and bragging about being a gangsta is not being a teen angel but very close to it?

lol huh?
Toby

Vancouver, WA

#65942 Jul 10, 2013
Whats tragic is that during one of Trayvon's tweets his friend warned Trayvon to stop fighting and that he might get one planted in his chest referring to a bullet.

Sender- "So you just turing into a hoodlum?
Trayvon- "Not at all, I'm a gangsta."
Sender- " Boy Don't get one planted in ya chest."

Just a little of a portent wouldn't you say, a foreshadowing of what was to come?
Reality

Lincoln, CA

#65943 Jul 10, 2013
Toby wrote:
Whats tragic is that during one of Trayvon's tweets his friend warned Trayvon to stop fighting and that he might get one planted in his chest referring to a bullet.
Just a little of a portent wouldn't you say, a foreshadowing of what was to come?
There's the real truth about this "kid".
He wasn't going to let someone get away with watching him or asking him what he was doing.
We've all seen it before, from punks who believe they own any place they are.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#65944 Jul 10, 2013
Docs: Justice Department facilitated anti-Zimmerman protests

A division of the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) was deployed to Sanford, Florida in 2012 to provide assistance for anti-George Zimmerman protests, including a rally headlined by activist Al Sharpton, according to newly released documents.

The Community Relations Service (CRS), a unit of DOJ, reported expenses related to its deployment in Sanford to help manage protests between March and April 2012, according to documents obtained by the watchdog group Judicial Watch.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/10/doj-provide...

sundance says:
July 10, 2013 at 2:05 pm
Oh you ain’t seen nothing yet…..wait til I expose the Dream Defenders and who “organized them”*with pictures*

This is pinging like crazy right now with the feds….. THIS IS WHY you just saw Judge Nelson attack George Zimmerman RE:“I Demand you tell me if you will testify”...

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/07/1...
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#65945 Jul 10, 2013
American Lady wrote:
THIS IS WHY you just saw Judge Nelson attack George Zimmerman RE:“I Demand you tell me if you will testify”...
Attack?- you guys are histrionic - look at the tape for yourself.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#65946 Jul 10, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't going to let someone get away with watching him or asking him what he was doing.
Dearie, I would also object to some creepy guy following me as I was walking on a street with a packet of skittles.
they cant stand the truth

United States

#65947 Jul 10, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Docs: Justice Department facilitated anti-Zimmerman protests
A division of the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) was deployed to Sanford, Florida in 2012 to provide assistance for anti-George Zimmerman protests, including a rally headlined by activist Al Sharpton, according to newly released documents.
The Community Relations Service (CRS), a unit of DOJ, reported expenses related to its deployment in Sanford to help manage protests between March and April 2012, according to documents obtained by the watchdog group Judicial Watch.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/10/doj-provide...
sundance says:
July 10, 2013 at 2:05 pm
Oh you ain’t seen nothing yet…..wait til I expose the Dream Defenders and who “organized them”*with pictures*
This is pinging like crazy right now with the feds….. THIS IS WHY you just saw Judge Nelson attack George Zimmerman RE:“I Demand you tell me if you will testify”...
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/07/1...
Bang these lying conivers with everything you have.

All they wanted from the beginning was an excuse to incite an uprising.
Toby

Vancouver, WA

#65948 Jul 10, 2013
Just look at the state of ruin the Dade county schools are in , they need a school chief of police,school resource officers, school detectives, bicycle officers, special response teams,etc...

Jesus freak... christ that one witness who is a senior in high school, she couldn't even read cursive.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#65949 Jul 10, 2013
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
No teen is a "teen angel" but Trayvon was the antithesis of anything close to the definition of "teen angel"
Let us hope teen angel Trayvon is looking down at the trial of his killer Zimmerman.

Btw, didn't Zimmerman have martial arts training when he was not as fat as he is now? Was that training interesting to you?
Toby

Vancouver, WA

#65950 Jul 10, 2013
Diversities best will probably be out looting and rioting if Zimmerman is found not guilty. They will loot their own black owned stores while claiming it's justified in the name of outrage for social injustice, they will kill or injure white people when Zimmerman is not even white himself, and all the while 95 % of black homicide victims in America will be killed by other blacks.

Not relevant huh?
W T F

United States

#65951 Jul 10, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us hope teen angel Trayvon is looking down at the trial of his killer Zimmerman.
Btw, didn't Zimmerman have martial arts training when he was not as fat as he is now? Was that training interesting to you?
why dont you friggin idiots watch the trial??

Oh yea you already know what you think !!!
Toby

Vancouver, WA

#65952 Jul 10, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
What's ironic is you completely ignore that two witnesses have testified that Trayvon Martin was on top of Zimmerman. Anyone can get martial arts training, that doesn't mean they are efficient at self defense, in many cases, it's the clumsy people who lack dexterity who take those courses it doesn't guarantee that they still aren't clumsy and awkward.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#65953 Jul 10, 2013
Toby wrote:
Hasn't two witnesses now testified that they saw Trayvon Martin on top of Zimmerman? I know John Good was one of those two witnesses who said he saw Martin on top of Zimmerman.
Also there is something I can't figure out, why couldn't Rachel Jeantel read her own letter and if she didn't write it what is going on schools doesn't teach students to read cursive by senior year?
English is not Ms. Jeantel's first language. Her sometimes inconsistent answers were generally the result of her misunderstanding the questions. However, all things considered, I thought she came off as believable.

Location hidden

#65954 Jul 10, 2013
There is reality wrote:
<quoted text>...Zimmerman broke no law.....arrest record is irrelivent. They already said he "did not" profile. Pay attention. Traygone violated Z-mans rights whether he felt he was creepy or not. Ya cant attack someone for just following you. Assault is crime. No??? Following....is not. No?
Z-man is gonna walk. Board up your windows folks.
Except that Zimmerman DID profile, as his own words indicate. Also, who attacked whom is unclear.
The very fact that you think "Traygone" is amusing indicates where you're coming from.

Location hidden

#65955 Jul 10, 2013
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
As I pointed out earlier, the only reason Trayvon didn't have a record was because the school police chief ordered his officers not to file criminal reports against students so that the school crime statistics would appear to be much lower. Hurley instructed his officers to reduce the number of arrests of black juveniles, that is why the stolen jewelry was marked "found items" instead of "possibly stolen items", which would have guaranteed a criminal investigation.
No teen is a "teen angel" but Trayvon was the antithesis of anything close to the definition of "teen angel" I would take it that defacing school property with graffiti, imitating a gangsta, burglarizing homes, selling marijuana, seeking a handgun, displaying pictures of handguns(one of trayvon holding a handgun), and marijuana growing, bragging about fighting and bragging about being a gangsta is not being a teen angel but very close to it?
lol huh?
All irrelevant. It still comes down to who started the fight, and why Zimmerman shot and killed Martin.
Toby

Vancouver, WA

#65956 Jul 10, 2013
There is about 15 African Americans killed by other African Americans every single day in America, there has been over seven thousand African Americans murdered by other African Americans since Trayvon died. Yet the black community is outraged by the death of a black man at the hands of a person with mixed ethnicity, that is where there outrage( lies)

lies- To exist or reside
lies- To convey a false image or impression
Toby

Vancouver, WA

#65958 Jul 10, 2013
*their

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Grey Ghost 1,405,649
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 11 min Brian_G 391,568
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min District 1 219,716
News 'Jill not Hill' - Green Party's Stein seeks San... 24 min God bless the USA 13
News New York AG refuses to comply with U.S. House s... 41 min haha 10
News Promoting national unity, Clinton also seeks to... 46 min Cordwainer Trout 2
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 57 min The Northener 201,712
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 hr Bakker 5,696
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Abe 233,550
News Clinton Wins Democratic Nomination; Gets Boost ... 7 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 86
More from around the web