Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 66,349

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Full Story

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#63611 Jul 1, 2013
.....Zazz?.........
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#63614 Jul 1, 2013
People who face up to the criminal element will always be attacked by the very criminals they try to rid society of until we get rid of our corrupt political system. We will get back to normal, at some point in time. We aren't Rome, and we will prevail.
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#63616 Jul 1, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>Black males are targeted by cops because, well, it works. Look at Trayvon Martin. Zim knew nothing about this kid other than his skin color and low and behold, he got himself a pot smoking, jewelry stealing, bus driver assaulting, gang banger wannabe. Call it profiling, I call it efficient allocation of resources (I know, big words for you and Rachel Jeantel).
Oh he was "racially profiled"? Wow no shit! He was wandering around scoping out victims in the rain while wearing a hooded sweatshirt hiding his face and yakking on a cell phone in an area that he didn't live in and was unknown to neighbors. Oh by the way since Zimmermans obligation was to spot and point out to police any suspicious activity he also mentioned after a direct question that he looked BLACK. Well the little son of a slut wasn't white so what the hell? Sure his race was mentioned. And he then stalked Zimmerman as he tried to follow him to report his exact location to police. Those assholes always get away. Bingo George nailed this one after he attacked and should be rewarded for it!

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#63617 Jul 1, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
People who face up to the criminal element will always be attacked by the very criminals they try to rid society of until we get rid of our corrupt political system. We will get back to normal, at some point in time. We aren't Rome, and we will prevail.
Yep, like I say, With you it is about Rat Wing politics, not the evedence
Inspector Beaver 2

Netherlands

#63618 Jul 1, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Pure witness testamony. Loud voices first, then the sound of feet scuffleing. Then the sound of bodies hitting the ground and more scuffleing.
Pure racism!...Pure ear witness BS!

The sound of shuflin'?...in the rain?

...sound of bodies hittin' the ground?...the wet grass?

...the sidewalk?...lol.

Keep shufflin' along there.

GFY!

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#63619 Jul 1, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>Black males are targeted by cops because, well, it works. Look at Trayvon Martin. Zim knew nothing about this kid other than his skin color and low and behold, he got himself a pot smoking, jewelry stealing, bus driver assaulting, gang banger wannabe. Call it profiling, I call it efficient allocation of resources (I know, big words for you and Rachel Jeantel).
No proof that any jewlery was ever stolen. He never assaulted any bus driver. Did not belong to any gang (other then Pop Warner football". As far as pot smoking,, odds are that if you are 17 you have smoked pot. So according to you anyone who has smoked pot is a violent criminal.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#63620 Jul 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pa! Pa! here comes dem black UN hellycopters!
You are a m/f c/s liar.
But we knew that already,eh?
With Barack Hussein Obama one never knows if he might send them? You are short on the King's English, but that was already known Ghetto Dweller. Buck up and use proper English, even Ghetto dwellers should have some sense of decorum. But wif you an eighth grade certificate, might be a stretch??
Speakeasys

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#63621 Jul 1, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen Goin was arrested, was he not? This has nothing to do with Trayvon's murder. Nothing.
I'm amazed that so many of you still don't grasp why there was public outrage at the murder of Trayvon.
I'm amazed that you still believe the screams for help were coming from Trayvon Martin.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#63622 Jul 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote: Pa! Pa! here comes dem black UN hellycopters! You are a m/f c/s liar. But we knew that already,eh?
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/us/TKPEED6J6ONM651...
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>With Barack Hussein Obama one never knows if he might send them? You are short on the King's English, but that was already known Ghetto Dweller. Buck up and use proper English, even Ghetto dwellers should have some sense of decorum. But wif you an eighth grade certificate, might be a stretch??
This is true and I agree they should but we are zeroing in, I think. lol

Location hidden

#63623 Jul 1, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>No proof that any jewlery was ever stolen. He never assaulted any bus driver. Did not belong to any gang (other then Pop Warner football". As far as pot smoking,, odds are that if you are 17 you have smoked pot. So according to you anyone who has smoked pot is a violent criminal.
..Racist spin, delusion and excuses.....Keep Working Hard....as 40 million lazyass citizen's are depending on it.....
Reality Check

Newport News, VA

#63624 Jul 1, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>But, Not like Trayvon's folks....
Remember mom immediately started selling T-shirts and trying to copyright "Justice for Traygone" Talk about blood money.....they so funny
Reality Check

Newport News, VA

#63625 Jul 1, 2013
Inspector Beaver 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...You really made an ass out of barefool!...ha ha ha, it could be a new look for him.
lol.
( jt )
That would explain his pedo-obsesson. He always seems to be looking for one.
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#63626 Jul 1, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>No proof that any jewlery was ever stolen. He never assaulted any bus driver. Did not belong to any gang (other then Pop Warner football". As far as pot smoking,, odds are that if you are 17 you have smoked pot. So according to you anyone who has smoked pot is a violent criminal.
Being a white appeaser/apologist makes you the lowest of reptiles. Have you shed your skin yet this year?
Inspector Beaver 2

Netherlands

#63628 Jul 1, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>That would explain his pedo-obsesson. He always seems to be looking for one.
His orally-fixated obsession with young boys is disgusting!

He has projected this filth in the majority of his 67,000 posts.

If he wasn't in a wheel chair he'd be in prison where he belongs!
Eye Ball Chambers

Harrodsburg, KY

#63629 Jul 1, 2013
OneRyder wrote:
I pray this family is blessed with all the strength needed to deal with the loss of their child in such a hateful and painful manners.
I wonder if the dad tracked down Zimmerman, and shot him dead, could the dad get away with claiming "self defense"?
You are making a judgment without any actual knowledge. That is dangerous.

Of course, one should hope that the family would have the strength to deal with their son's loss, just as we should hope that Zimmerman should get justice...whatever that should be.

I would hope that those who strongly believe that this tragedy is racially motivated, would work to delimitate the daily killing of young black men by other young black men.
InspectorBeaver

Netherlands

#63630 Jul 1, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>Remember mom immediately started selling T-shirts and trying to copyright "Justice for Traygone" Talk about blood money.....they so funny
...They be shufflin' along makin' that cash money!
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#63631 Jul 1, 2013
Inspector Beaver 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
His orally-fixated obsession with young boys is disgusting!
He has projected this filth in the majority of his 67,000 posts.
If he wasn't in a wheel chair he'd be in prison where he belongs!
A more appropriate location would be a graveyard. Down in the corner in the low lying wet spot! Hahaha
GZMTM

Milledgeville, GA

#63632 Jul 1, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text> Part by part. First you state you don't care if Zimmerman was defending himself. There we have your whole story in a nutshell but lets go further. You don't know for a fact that if Zimmerman had stayed in his truck if he would've been attacked or not now do you? No you don't. Remorse has nothing to do with self defense. Remorse is an emotion. And has nothing to do with the case. Self defense is a right that every law abiding man woman and child has. Zimmerman has not invoked the stand your ground law because its not necessary in a case of self defense. Should he be declared guilty he can then invoke that law. As well as appeal any verdict. An attacker does not have to be armed to defend yourself. That's the law like it or not. If I was beating you to death would you just allow it or would you do everything in your power to stop the attack as Zimmerman did? As I stated your first sentence answers your problem. Now take that you dimwit and I could've just said GFY! Hahaha All you crime appeasers are all just alike. If he had, If he hadn't blah blah blah. But HELL NO that black thug met up on a man that didn't want to be a victim. And heres another one too!
I guess you didn't read the second sentence...had he STAYED in his car when the 911 operator told him to, he would not have ANY REASON to defend himself. In Trayvon mine, before GZ, he was walking home from the store to dad's house, In GZ mine this black guy is up to no good...these ass holes always get away with this.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#63633 Jul 1, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Time for you....to apologize for your lies about George Zimmerman.....
Very wishful thinking, that is not going to happen. Zazz and a few others on this blog are on the very low level of society who are out to get Zimmerman. They are hateful people making up all kinds of crap as they go.

Location hidden

#63634 Jul 1, 2013
Jumping Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Very wishful thinking, that is not going to happen. Zazz and a few others on this blog are on the very low level of society who are out to get Zimmerman. They are hateful people making up all kinds of crap as they go.
Indeed, though alway's crying racism....they are the MOST RACIST OF ALL.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min Chimney1 132,937
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 14 min Thinking 2,293
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min UnderstandPeople 1,154,311
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min OzRitz 49,237
Obama: Keystone benefits for U.S. consumers, wo... 22 min barefoot2626 53
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 23 min Police Crimes 777
When Cops Don't Know the Law 24 min ailegalcounsel 2
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 28 min Agents of Corruption 293,453
Obama: North Korea's hack 'cybervandalism,' not... 59 min Hooogle It 6
Anti-Castro protesters in Miami say 'it's not t... 3 hr CorruptedMedia 5
Chicago mayor's teenage son mugged near home 4 hr POS RAT that he is 4
More from around the web