Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#63561 Jun 30, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>After hearing Jon Good's account of what he saw...everything else matched up with George's account of events.....Plus, it's been reported that George as Neighborhood Watch, never confronted suspicious people, instead he directed police to them....That was key, in his saying Trayvon attacked him from behind, as he was returning to his truck.....it all just jelled....
Who do you think you're kidding? It "jelled" for you the first time you heard about it. Your posts are proof of that.
Cat74

United States

#63562 Jun 30, 2013
You just proved my point Moron Child. Unfortunately your numbers are low, but you can see most of them re black.
GEORGE ZIMMERMAN

Frankfort, KY

#63563 Jun 30, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>
HeyJackAss!
Illustrating Chicago Values
June Totals to Date
Shot & Killed: 40
Shot & Wounded: 223
Total Homicides*: 45
Race of Victim, Homicides,%
Black, 146, 76.8%
Hispanic, 40, 21.1%
White, 4, 2.1%
Updated: 6/28/13
http://www.heyjackass.com/
Why is that?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#63564 Jun 30, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>
HeyJackAss!
Illustrating Chicago Values
June Totals to Date
Shot & Killed: 40
Shot & Wounded: 223
Total Homicides*: 45
Race of Victim, Homicides,%
Black, 146, 76.8%
Hispanic, 40, 21.1%
White, 4, 2.1%
Updated: 6/28/13
http://www.heyjackass.com/
this just proves and doesnt say too much for the Blacks in Chicago when the Blacks only make up 32.8% of the population and most of the homicides victims are Black in Chicago.

Twenty-first century Chicago

As of the 2010 census, there were 2,695,598 people with 1,045,560 households residing within Chicago. More than half the population of the state of Illinois lives in the Chicago metropolitan area. Chicago is also one of the US's most densely populated major cities. The racial composition of the city was:
45.0% White (31.7% non-Hispanic whites);
32.9% Black or African American;
13.4% from some other race;
5.5% Asian (1.6% Chinese, 1.1% Indian, 1.1% Filipino, 0.4% Korean, 0.3% Pakistani, 0.3% Vietnamese, 0.2% Japanese, 0.1% Thai);
2.7% from two or more races;
0.5% American Indian.

Chicago has a Hispanic or Latino population of 28.9%.(Its members may belong to any race; 21.4% Mexican, 3.8% Puerto Rican, 0.7% Guatemalan, 0.6% Ecuadorian, 0.3% Cuban, 0.3% Colombian, 0.2% Honduran, 0.2% Salvadoran, 0.2% Peruvian)[2] The Guatemalan, Colombian and Peruvian communities have grown substantially in the 2000s, and some estimates give higher percentages.

Ethnic groups in Chicago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_i...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#63565 Jun 30, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
No, there are communities that don't offer huge welfare grants. They aren't popular with the poor, and unfortunate. Even here in Illinois there are some mostly white communities. Or upper middle class Hispanic communities. Plus put West you can carry concealed, so he could feel safe there.
Exactly.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#63566 Jun 30, 2013
GEORGE ZIMMERMAN wrote:
<quoted text>Why is that?
end result of the Pseudo Liberal's Great Society.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#63567 Jun 30, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
You just proved my point Moron Child. Unfortunately your numbers are low, but you can see most of them re black.
if you are referring to me I wasnt referring to you, that is the title of the Website at the top "HeyJackass! Illustrating Chicago Values".

http://www.heyjackass.com/
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#63568 Jun 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Like i said, this clearly shows he was indeed following martin and thus instigated the confrontation. one cannot start a fight and then just because he is losing it use a gun and claim 'stand your ground'...
if he had not followed Martin, the kid would not have been shot that night.
Why do you continue to repeat the same foolishness over and over? Zimmerman could not have followed Martin because he LOST him and you can hear it on that call. He stopped following him and made arrangements to meet police at the back gate. Martin had ample time to go home and he would have had no need to fret over that 'creepy ass cracker, kni******igggger'. It was dark and Zimmerman was walking in his OWN gated neighborhood just shortly after dinner.... and yet Martin decided to ambush him and beat him up. Seems like there is new news about Martin's trouble at school which turns out he was more of a hoodlum than the media wanted us to know. I didn't realize he didn't live with Sabrina. In fact, who had any idea that she didn't even raise the boy? My God, his step mom raised him for 14 years and yet Sabrina is acting like the devoted mom when she didn't even want him in her house. If I understand this correctly, Tracy must have left his second marriage for the third(the gf who lives in Sanford). Sounds like the second marriage failed when he was 14 so he must have bounced back and forth between Sabrina and Tracy for three years. No wonder this kid was so fked up.
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#63569 Jun 30, 2013
GEORGE ZIMMERMAN wrote:
<quoted text>Blacks make up 13% of US population, the media would have you believe its 40%.
That would allow them to square up the crime rate.
Cat74

United States

#63570 Jun 30, 2013
I thought he lived with his mother, and was only with the father, and his girlfriend because he had become difficult for the mother to handle. Neither parent knew much about their son, and how he amused himself

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#63571 Jun 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's just the pro-Martin people making up more of their lies.
No evidence to support that Zimmerman went after Martin after the dispatcher told him the police don't need him to follow Martin. In fact, if you listen to the police tape, you can hear Zimmerman's breathing return to normal and his voice to his usual quiet self.
Yes, he did hang up so that the dispatcher wouldn't hear him chasing after the unarmed boy. The boy he intended to kill. Murder.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#63572 Jun 30, 2013
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text> Why do you continue to repeat the same foolishness over and over? Zimmerman could not have followed Martin because he LOST him and you can hear it on that call. He stopped following him and made arrangements to meet police at the back gate. Martin had ample time to go home and he would have had no need to fret over that 'creepy ass cracker, kni******igggger'. It was dark and Zimmerman was walking in his OWN gated neighborhood just shortly after dinner.... and yet Martin decided to ambush him and beat him up. Seems like there is new news about Martin's trouble at school which turns out he was more of a hoodlum than the media wanted us to know. I didn't realize he didn't live with Sabrina. In fact, who had any idea that she didn't even raise the boy? My God, his step mom raised him for 14 years and yet Sabrina is acting like the devoted mom when she didn't even want him in her house. If I understand this correctly, Tracy must have left his second marriage for the third(the gf who lives in Sanford). Sounds like the second marriage failed when he was 14 so he must have bounced back and forth between Sabrina and Tracy for three years. No wonder this kid was so fked up.
Why do you think he bounced back and forth?

Trayvon was walking. Zimmerman could have stayed in his vehicle and avoided his encounter with Trayvon. Of course, he didn't want to avoid him. He wanted to make sure the "coon" didn't follow the usual, "they always get away with it". He chased him down, didn't identify himself, accosted him and when Trayvon subdued him and allowed him to get up, he shot him point blank. It's called murder.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#63573 Jun 30, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
I thought he lived with his mother, and was only with the father, and his girlfriend because he had become difficult for the mother to handle. Neither parent knew much about their son, and how he amused himself
I have read that Trayvon Martin did not even live with his mother or father, he lived with his uncle and aunt in Miami Gardens.

Trayvon suspended THREE times for 'drugs, truancy, graffiti and carrying burglary tool' and did he attack bus driver too? New picture emerges of victim as parents claim it's all a smear
The teen was suspended from school three times
He was on suspension when he was shot in February, after officials caught him with a 'marijuana pipe' and a baggie with drug residue
Trayvon was kicked out of school in October for graffiti after he was allegedly caught with a 'burglary tool' and a bag full of women's jewelry
Officials also suspended him once for skipping school and tardiness
Tearful parents say their son is now the victim of a smear campaign
New poll shows 73 percent of Americans think Zimmerman should be arrested

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 08:02 EST, 26 March 2012 | UPDATED: 22:55 EST, 27 March 2012

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21205...

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#63574 Jun 30, 2013
Toby wrote:
The social media was outraged about the Martin death but when thirteen year old Allen Goin was doused with gasoline by two African Americans and set on fire the social media didn't even cover the story on a national level. The two attackers even told him he deserved it for being white yet no outrage at all.
The truth is Blacks are murdered by other blacks more than by any other ethnicity, 93 % of all blacks murdered are murdered by other blacks, no outrage from the various black organizations who are appalled by the Martin case, matter of fact you will hear very few black leaders even mention that fact at all.
Allen Goin was arrested, was he not? This has nothing to do with Trayvon's murder. Nothing.

I'm amazed that so many of you still don't grasp why there was public outrage at the murder of Trayvon.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#63575 Jun 30, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Much of the intelligent life on this and the Orlando forum, left and hid....once the trial heated up and the amateurs took the stage....lol....As soon as NBC got caught doctoring the 911 tape and Nancy Grace and Al Sharpton started talking, LYNCHMOB....I knew he must be, not guilty....cause they like stirring up the pro-black sentiment and they are greedy as hell.....
You just like to pretend like a child.

NBC apologized. NBC aired the unedited version. NBC fired the responsible parties.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#63576 Jun 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen Goin was arrested, was he not? This has nothing to do with Trayvon's murder. Nothing.
I'm amazed that so many of you still don't grasp why there was public outrage at the murder of Trayvon.
Reason for the Public Outrage is because of the News Media wanting to play the race card instead of the facts.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#63577 Jun 30, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I have read that Trayvon Martin did not even live with his mother or father, he lived with his uncle and aunt in Miami Gardens.
Trayvon suspended THREE times for 'drugs, truancy, graffiti and carrying burglary tool' and did he attack bus driver too? New picture emerges of victim as parents claim it's all a smear
The teen was suspended from school three times
He was on suspension when he was shot in February, after officials caught him with a 'marijuana pipe' and a baggie with drug residue
Trayvon was kicked out of school in October for graffiti after he was allegedly caught with a 'burglary tool' and a bag full of women's jewelry
Officials also suspended him once for skipping school and tardiness
Tearful parents say their son is now the victim of a smear campaign
New poll shows 73 percent of Americans think Zimmerman should be arrested
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 08:02 EST, 26 March 2012 | UPDATED: 22:55 EST, 27 March 2012
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21205...
Trayvon's non criminal history pales in comparison the the criminal history of Zimmerman.

You people act like Zimmerman knew all about Trayvon. He knew nothing about him except that his was a young teenager, was alone talking on his phone, and OMG he was wearing a hoodie. In the rain no less. Why in the world would a black kid pull up his hoodie in the rain. For shame. Zimmerman would have murdered him anyway.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#63578 Jun 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Trayvon's non criminal history pales in comparison the the criminal history of Zimmerman.
You people act like Zimmerman knew all about Trayvon. He knew nothing about him except that his was a young teenager, was alone talking on his phone, and OMG he was wearing a hoodie. In the rain no less. Why in the world would a black kid pull up his hoodie in the rain. For shame. Zimmerman would have murdered him anyway.
George Zimmerman's record had to be clean to possess a legal firearm under Federal Law.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#63580 Jun 30, 2013
GEORGE ZIMMERMAN wrote:
<quoted text>Actually he has Jew in him also.
What country is that ?

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#63581 Jun 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
You just like to pretend like a child.
NBC apologized. NBC aired the unedited version. NBC fired the responsible parties.
Only after Fox news called them out on it and it still took days.

Only NBC could slither under a snake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton fans mob New York bookstore for... 3 min TRUMP a FOOL 17
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min welfarestate 1,602,244
News End California's election madness 6 min Le Jimbo 2
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min Moop 31,246
News Trade panel says low-cost solar imports hurt US... 7 min Dee Dee Dee 7
News Murderer sues Kansas prison for 'imposing Chris... 7 min Retribution 20
News Trump pardons former Sheriff Joe Arpaio 8 min Chilli J 1,305
News GOP health bill all but dead; McCain again deal... 17 min Retribution 58
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Abe 289,236
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 5 hr cpeter1313 10,121
News Jimmy Kimmel transforms debate, and shows comed... 9 hr spocko 91
More from around the web