Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66318 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#63014 Jun 28, 2013
Opinionated wrote:
This is ridiculous, Trayvon is dead. Dead! He can not speak for himself. Even if Trayvon beat the hell out of Zimmerman, You must take into account that Zimmerman was following him. That is threatening, it's night, and the person doesn't verbally address you. How would you feel? So Trayvon asks him, "Why are you following me?"
What happens in the middle is a mystery. Of course Zimmerman will say Trayvon attacked him first. He killed an innocent, unarmed minor.
All this talk about who was on top, who beat who worse, how Zimmerman was scared to death.
yes, Zimmerman was probably scared, and being attacked, BUT who is to say Trayvon was not equally as scared. Zimmerman had a gun. Guns are offensive weapons.
The way I see it:
Zimmerman an armed, non member of the neighborhood watch, perused a Suspicious character in his
subjective point of view
The Character, Trayvon was an unarmed, innocent minor
They fought, Zimmerman was injured, Trayvon was Killed.
Regardless of Self-Defense, A boy was shot and killed that night. An innocent boy, harming no one. Zimmerman should pay for that at least.
This whole ordeal could have been prevented, Had Zimmerman have just walked away.
Zimmerman was beat bad! He was scared for his life! it was self defense! Trayvon has a history!
Trayvon was killed! A life is taken, even in self defense, Trayvon was NOT the aggressor, he didn't follow Zimmerman, He didn't have a gun. Zimmerman did! And he followed a boy who understandingly felt threatened, and the wounds of Zimmerman show it. It doesn't matter if Zimmerman thought he was going to die, or how much blood was shed. The point is:
You should not have followed him.
You have listened to the police.
And then you would not have been put in that situation TO defend your self resulting in the Killing of Trayvon Martin. Period.
If Zimmerman is proven non guilty, It only proves how backwards our legal system is.
Except for being wrong about Zimmerman not being a NW member, and Zimmerman being severely beaten, this is a good post filled with logic.

Your last sentence bears repeating.

"If Zimmerman is proven non guilty, It only proves how backwards our legal system is."
mediamania

Pottstown, PA

#63019 Jun 28, 2013
The title of this thread should read 'Social MEDIA Sparks Outrage Over Martin Shooting'

The MEDIA is sparking outrage with all of their talking heads talking/acting like they know which they don't. The media talking heads need to be very carefull how they talk about things because talking about things like they are fact or are the way they feel they SHOULD be will lead to surprises, disappointment and outrage if the verdict doesn't go they way people were led to believe by these commentators & networks.

There have been a few surprises and issues brought up during the trial but that's the point. It should play out in the criminal trial /courtroom as I'm sure it will playout in the civil trial/ courtroom.

I will blame the media, not social media for riots if there is a not guilty verdict. Social media allows to speak your mind and show your mindset/emotions. The mainstream media really doesn't allow for that.
inspector Beaver

New York, NY

#63020 Jun 28, 2013
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>They don't work, they just vote to increase their welfare pay.
...and that's why we are headed toward oblivion.
Inspector Beaver

New York, NY

#63021 Jun 28, 2013
Ishmael64 wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiots are still posting. SAD!!!!
They sre truly a nasty lot....looks like they're never goona stop posting their racist garbage against Zimmerman untill they get so fat that they can't even type anymore.
Inspector Beaver

New York, NY

#63022 Jun 28, 2013
Woof wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to have faith that most ppl want to do the right thing. There will always be dumb ppl.
I hope you're right and I'm wrong!
Inspector Beaver

New York, NY

#63024 Jun 28, 2013
zazz wrote:
Most stores have workers who don't speak a word of English. They refuse to learn even the basics, yet they are employed.
Too bad witness #8 didn't refuse to learn English.

She refuses to work,...and that's much worse.

"My mommy and daddy do all the work, I just spend it."---Rachel Gentell
Inspector Beaver

New York, NY

#63025 Jun 28, 2013
That bulge around witness #8's neck seemed to get bigger every time she came back from lunch...

Pretty soon it's gonna look like a tire!...How's she gonna wag her head when that happens?
DangerousRiteWin gCrusader

Atlanta, GA

#63026 Jun 28, 2013
Inspector Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
They sre truly a nasty lot....looks like they're never goona stop posting their racist garbage against Zimmerman untill they get so fat that they can't even type anymore.
LOL!

I now understand why you always type just one or two sentences per post..... You are toooo faaaaat to type???? Obama's food stamp, yes?
Opinionated

Neenah, WI

#63027 Jun 28, 2013
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>It saddens me to see what our society produces when I read this post.
NO ONE has a right to beat someone for walking behind them! Zimmerman couldn't have been following him because he stopped to finish his conversation with police. He even said he lost him. Zimmerman had every right to walk in his neighborhood so if he ended up in Martins sights again, that is NOT a reason to beat him up.
It was 7:00 in the evening inside a gated community. People go for walks after dinner. That is the norm. Martin DID harm someone-Zimmerman and he had the bloody mess to prove it. A gun saved Zimmerman's life by killing his attacker.
I am against violence myself and believe people should talk things out. I am not saying Zimmerman should have been hit for following Trayvon, I'm saying that Zimmerman's threatening behavior (I think following someone accounts for that and even if he stopped to finish his conversation with police, he was still initially following him)And the injuries Trayvon according to evidence gave. Is understandable. And on the phone with police, Zimmerman said "They always get away" what does that remark say about his mindset? And if Trayvon saw him again and questioned him, maybe Zimmerman saw this as an excuse to express his verbal or physical opinions on Trayvon to Trayvon. And that could have caused the fight. Either one could have throw the first punch, resulting in panic and ultimately the killing of Trayvon Martin.
Your right Zimmerman did/does have every right to walk in his neighborhood, And Trayvon also had every right to walk in the neighborhood, returning to his father's house, with is skittles and tea. He was not hurting anyone, Until he felt threatened to.
In the end an innocent life was taken,in a situation that did not have to happen.
Cat74

United States

#63028 Jun 28, 2013
Trayvon didn't go out for Skittles, He went out for pot. He found some, and bought Skittles so his stupid daddy wouldn't know he went out for pot. He was belligerent, and looking for a fight. He was a sad lad whose parents never paid that much attention to his education, or his behavior. That is why he was suspended 3 times. So far the State witnesses have been less then favorable. They mostly proved Zimmerman was telling the truth.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#63032 Jun 28, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Trayvon didn't go out for Skittles, He went out for pot. He found some, and bought Skittles so his stupid daddy wouldn't know he went out for pot. He was belligerent, and looking for a fight. He was a sad lad whose parents never paid that much attention to his education, or his behavior. That is why he was suspended 3 times. So far the State witnesses have been less then favorable. They mostly proved Zimmerman was telling the truth.
At this point, only a nutcase would believe Zimmerman was in fear of his life. He was fully aware the entire time that he was armed with a deadly weapon.

Zimmerman stated to the police that Trayvon was running which quite clearly Zimmerman interpreted as proof of guilt. Trayvon's girlfriend stated that Travyon stated he was going to try and ditch Zimmerman. So both sides state that Trayvon tried to get away from Zimmerman. That point is not in dispute, but it does prove that Zimmerman, not Trayvon initiated the confrontation.

Apparently, Trayvon got tired of trying to outrun Zimmerman's vehicle.

All Zimmerman had to do was obey the police, and to accept the fact that he was not supposed to confront Trayvon.

Florida Republicans should never have passed that law. Now every gun owner thinks he has the right to go hunting human beings, just like George Zimmerman did.

Morons.
Nellie

Saint Augustine, FL

#63033 Jun 28, 2013
Majority of evidence showing this is self defense case.T.M. was straddling (Or on top)of

g.

Majority of evidence is showing this is a self defense case..T.M. jumping on G.Z. pounding him, breaking nose..causing G.Z. to be disoriented.G.Z. was the one yelling not T.M.(who is clearly the aggressor.)...Also..G.Z. is not a racist and never was.
Inspector Beaver

New York, NY

#63034 Jun 28, 2013
DangerousRiteWingCrusader wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!
I now understand why you always type just one or two sentences per post..... You are toooo faaaaat to type???? Obama's food stamp, yes?
...oh, you mean like the two sentences your big fat ass just typed?

...I had a long day at work,...what's your excuse?

Are you disillusioned over the fact that Zim will be acquitted?

...or are you just too busy jerking yourself off?

Which is it?...you racist numbnut basturd!

Ascendo Tuum!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#63037 Jun 28, 2013
Opinionated wrote:
This is ridiculous, Trayvon is dead. Dead! He can not speak for himself. Even if Trayvon beat the hell out of Zimmerman, You must take into account that Zimmerman was following him. That is threatening, it's night, and the person doesn't verbally address you. How would you feel? So Trayvon asks him, "Why are you following me?"
What happens in the middle is a mystery. Of course Zimmerman will say Trayvon attacked him first. He killed an innocent, unarmed minor.
All this talk about who was on top, who beat who worse, how Zimmerman was scared to death.
yes, Zimmerman was probably scared, and being attacked, BUT who is to say Trayvon was not equally as scared. Zimmerman had a gun. Guns are offensive weapons.
The way I see it:
Zimmerman an armed, non member of the neighborhood watch, perused a Suspicious character in his
subjective point of view
Regardless of Self-Defense, A boy was shot and killed that night. An innocent boy, harming no one. Zimmerman should pay for that at least.
This whole ordeal could have been prevented, Had Zimmerman have just walked away.
Zimmerman was beat bad! He was scared for his life! it was self defense! Trayvon has a history!
Trayvon was killed! A life is taken, even in self defense, Trayvon was NOT the aggressor, he didn't follow Zimmerman, He didn't have a gun. Zimmerman did! And he followed a boy who understandingly felt threatened, and the wounds of Zimmerman show it. It doesn't matter if Zimmerman thought he was going to die, or how much blood was shed. The point is:
And then you would not have been put in that situation TO defend your self resulting in the Killing of Trayvon Martin. Period.
If Zimmerman is proven non guilty, It only proves how backwards our legal system is.
...Never confuse volumn, with having something intelligent to say......

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#63038 Jun 28, 2013
Good job blue wrote:
Whats the deal with barefoot salivating over a man getting bent over a bench.. lol lol lol lol
C'mon now....how long have you lived in Lauderdale?....nudge, nudge..wink, wink.....lol....
GZMTM

Milledgeville, GA

#63042 Jun 28, 2013
STAND YOUR GROUND LAW!
GZ knew the STAND YOUR GROUND LAW that's why he was ca hrrying a gun
GZ knew the SYGL that's why he call 911 and report Trayvon as suspicious
GZ knew the SYGL WHEN THE 911 OPERATOR told him not to follow Trayvon
GZ knew the SYGL when he said Trayvon was running and still chose to run after him
GZ knew the SYGL if he caught up with Trayvon, he would not identify himself
GZ knew the SYGL that if he and Trayvon were to fight, he would say he was defending himself
GZ knew the SYGL WOULD PROTECT him if he were to shoot and kill Trayvon
GZ know that he is a cold blooded murder.
Inspector Beaver

Saint Petersburg, FL

#63043 Jun 28, 2013
Opinionated wrote:
This is ridiculous, Trayvon is dead. Dead! He can not speak for himself.

Even if Trayvon beat the hell out of Zimmerman, You must take into account that Zimmerman was following him.

That is threatening, it's night, and the person doesn't verbally address you.

How would you feel? So Trayvon asks him, "Why are you following me?"

What happens in the middle is a mystery.

Of course Zimmerman will say Trayvon attacked him first. He killed an innocent, unarmed minor.

The way I see it:

subjective point of view

Regardless of Self-Defense, A boy was shot and killed that night.

An innocent boy, harming no one.

Zimmerman should pay for that at least.

Zimmerman was beat bad! He was scared for his life! it was self defense!

Trayvon has a history!

Trayvon was killed!

A life is taken, even in self defense, Trayvon was NOT the aggressor, he didn't follow Zimmerman, He didn't have a gun. Zimmerman did!

And he followed a boy who understandingly felt threatened, and the wounds of Zimmerman show it.

It doesn't matter if Zimmerman thought he was going to die, or how much blood was shed.

The point is:

And then you would not have been put in that situation TO defend your self resulting in the Killing of Trayvon Martin.

Period.

What?
GZMTM

Milledgeville, GA

#63044 Jun 28, 2013
General Jackson wrote:
Black people are stupid lazy liars....all of them. Adolf Hitler had the right idea....but the wrong race.
...And may God bless you too.
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#63045 Jun 28, 2013
General Jackson wrote:
Black people are stupid lazy liars....all of them. Adolf Hitler had the right idea....but the wrong race.
They were on his list. Unfortunately he was stopped too soon.
GZMTM

Milledgeville, GA

#63047 Jun 28, 2013
SREGGIN wrote:
Throw that fat disgusting swollen neck uneducated welfare loser out of this country along with all the SREGGIN and turn this back into America.
Sick of feeding these vile trash.
you are really clueless

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 1 min Retired SOF 893
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 1 min M Wilson 136
News Julian Castro says he's not being vetted for vi... 2 min jury 12
News Boston Globe's front page: AR-15, 'Make It Stop' 3 min Retired SOF 396
News Clinton, in Columbus speech today, to slam Trum... 3 min They cannot kill ... 89
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min EAGLE EYE1 387,882
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Dr Guru 216,544
News Donald Trump: Brexit is sign of independence de... 8 min woodtick57 98
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Nice pictures 228,445
News Rebellious Democrats disrupt House, stage protest 22 min Retired SOF 244
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 28 min An NFL Fan 1,394,703
More from around the web