Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Read more: Wall Street Journal 66,327

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Read more
Unity

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#61812 Jun 21, 2013
Its crazy to think that Surbrina actually believes thats her sons voice screaming for help

I think she knows damn well that is not her son screaming for help,, but she will stand on that lie because its all shes got. What is she going to do Tell the truth and say it wasnt.
Unity

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#61813 Jun 21, 2013
So is witness 8 lying about everything. From start to finish was it true that she heard a older man say hey what are you doing here. Its surprising that she doesnt recall what trayvon replied. It stinks
Unity

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#61815 Jun 21, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't the person being pummeled be busy saying ouch-ouch-ouch?
Opening arguments begin at 9PM Monday morning, the judge has ruled that the state can use the term, wannabe cop, and also the word profiled.
Be there or be square.
you are too funny.. thank you for the intelligent post. ouch ouch ouch... lol.. how bout screaming for help and then being forced to squeeze the trigger

Any thoughts on the all white jury
Slappy

Chicago, IL

#61817 Jun 21, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
Opening arguments begin at 9PM Monday morning, the judge has ruled that the state can use the term, wannabe cop, and also the word profiled.
Be there or be square.
9PM Monday morning?????...where's that?,...in Haiti?
Slappy

Chicago, IL

#61818 Jun 21, 2013
They're still in shock about the jury,...they thought they were gonna get 6 wannabe ghetto rap stars scratching their nuts with their pants down around their ankles,....truly a jury of Trayvon's peers,...but he ain't the one on trial.
Slappy

Chicago, IL

#61819 Jun 21, 2013
Patriot wrote:
They say there is a black janitor there that cleans the courthouse. Hes 73 old everyone is so proud of him. That's the closest this jury will be to any blacks. Fortunately.
Proud of him???...Why???...cause he scrubs toilets and mops the sh!thouse floor?...It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.....nothing to be proud of,...unless you're a sewer worker...lol.
Slappy

Chicago, IL

#61820 Jun 21, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
That would be like the person getting head say,...gluck gluck gluck.....where do you numbnuts come from anyway?......you posting from the nut house?.....moron!
rick

United States

#61821 Jun 21, 2013
I think he foRgot to take his meds, o wait, here comes the nuRse.
Unity

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#61822 Jun 21, 2013
No way that the state can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that George confronted Trayvon.

What is the states strongest argument..

YEAH from Hawaii will say the dead body.. What a tool
Slappy

Chicago, IL

#61824 Jun 21, 2013
rick wrote:
I think he foRgot to take his meds, o wait, here comes the nuRse.
...must be the head nurse,...eh?
Pompano Jack

Niceville, FL

#61825 Jun 21, 2013
Unity wrote:
No way that the state can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that George confronted Trayvon.
What is the states strongest argument..
YEAH from Hawaii will say the dead body.. What a tool
Well, "proof beyond a reasonable doubt" is how they say it, and I'd agree....but in practice, you could probably change that to "convince the jury", because thats all they really have to do. I thought the jury choice was troubling. Both sides have all the evidence, right? Both sides know the law. So both sides probably have a pretty good idea of where this could likely (not for sure), but likely, end up. My guess is the Judge and the State know as well. And IF you think that Zimmerman walks, wouldn't you want at least a racially balanced jury with some blacks on it? I mean seriously, would you really want to walk unnecessarily into another OJ riot (all white jury frees Zimmerman) thing? But the same thing kind of works the other way too, IF you think Zimmerman gets convicted of something (all black jury convicts Zimmerman), wouldn't you want at least a balanced jury with some whites on it? And man, its like they over did it, even kicked in a hispanic for good measure. Just based on jury selection and a healthy dose of paranoia on my part, I'd say its not a good sign for the defense.
Slappy

Chicago, IL

#61826 Jun 21, 2013
Pompano Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, "proof beyond a reasonable doubt" is how they say it, and I'd agree....but in practice, you could probably change that to "convince the jury", because thats all they really have to do. I thought the jury choice was troubling. Both sides have all the evidence, right? Both sides know the law. So both sides probably have a pretty good idea of where this could likely (not for sure), but likely, end up. My guess is the Judge and the State know as well. And IF you think that Zimmerman walks, wouldn't you want at least a racially balanced jury with some blacks on it? I mean seriously, would you really want to walk unnecessarily into another OJ riot (all white jury frees Zimmerman) thing? But the same thing kind of works the other way too, IF you think Zimmerman gets convicted of something (all black jury convicts Zimmerman), wouldn't you want at least a balanced jury with some whites on it? And man, its like they over did it, even kicked in a hispanic for good measure. Just based on jury selection and a healthy dose of paranoia on my part, I'd say its not a good sign for the defense.
6 blacks = guilty

6 whites = not guilty

3 blacks and 3 whites = hung jury.

Like you said,...this ain't Los Angeles...You got nothing to worry about,....Zim walks!...Sanford burns,...So what?...better for one innocent man to be set free and a whole town burn than to see one innocent man go to prison.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#61827 Jun 21, 2013
interesting wrote:
<quoted text>WOW..THANK YOU
You're Welcome :)

The Treehouse is a VERY good site for any news that pertains to this admin and George Zimmerman ...
Very "trusted" ...!!!

Bumper Sticker Of The Day ...
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/

Great news there today :)
Pompano Jack

Niceville, FL

#61828 Jun 21, 2013
I'd just add....jury selection is of course, not random. But even so, given the demographics, whats the probablility of no white men, and no blacks at all? Would the government, in a case with national, even presidential, visibility really seat a 100% non-black jury if they felt strongly that Zimmerman would get off with nothing at all? Yeah, I wish the answer was yes, that race played no part.....but is that likely in today's political environment?
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#61830 Jun 21, 2013
Pompano Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
No Jack George wants a FAIR and IMPARTIAL jury first of all and if that is possible without blacks so be it. I don't think anybody necessarily NEEDS a few blacks for ANYTHING.(Pleas note the caps too!) One racist black could taint the pool of jurors and persuade the jury that they must avenge the death of the thug. In this situation would you want a few blacks sprinkled in to satisfy the already racist mood of those highly controversial people or would you want your freedom that George really deserves. Im putting myself in his position and can easily say 5 white women and a Hispanic woman beats the hell out of a public relations stunt to appease the Afrikan "American" community! The hell with coddling those troublemakers a damn day longer. Let justice prevail!
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#61831 Jun 21, 2013
George wants to be judged by his peers. That would hardly be possible if they were black! Theres not an IMPARTIAL black in the County that could be seated on that jury anyway. Not a single ONE!
Let the show begin. Innocent till PROVEN guilty. And what that means is George will almost have to admit he did not fear for his life.
Spike

Massillon, OH

#61832 Jun 21, 2013
OOOOOH Nooooo! The darkies are upset "again"?
Truth

Rome, GA

#61833 Jun 21, 2013
Judge ruled today that the Prosecution can not use the race card in court. That's about all they had. They should just do the right thing now and dismiss all charges. The political witch hunt should end.
Pompano Jack

Niceville, FL

#61834 Jun 21, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text> No Jack George wants a FAIR and IMPARTIAL jury first of all and if that is possible without blacks so be it. I don't think anybody necessarily NEEDS a few blacks for ANYTHING.(Pleas note the caps too!) One racist black could taint the pool of jurors and persuade the jury that they must avenge the death of the thug. In this situation would you want a few blacks sprinkled in to satisfy the already racist mood of those highly controversial people or would you want your freedom that George really deserves. Im putting myself in his position and can easily say 5 white women and a Hispanic woman beats the hell out of a public relations stunt to appease the Afrikan "American" community! The hell with coddling those troublemakers a damn day longer. Let justice prevail!
Well, let justice prevail is about the very best thing anyone could say. My problem, again with a dose of paranoia, is that this jury couldn't happen by accident.....its a million to one shot, like winning the lottery. IMO, this jury was constructed, and if so, why? At this point in our nation's history, please cut me some slack if I suggest I don't trust the government, especially if the feds are involved in any way. So, under what circumstances would the government (the current government) prefer a jury that has no blacks on it?

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#61837 Jun 21, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
You're Welcome :)
The Treehouse is a VERY good site for any news that pertains to this admin and George Zimmerman ...
Very "trusted" ...!!!
Bumper Sticker Of The Day ...
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/
Great news there today :)
It's a blog dumazz, where the jergoff known as sundance cracker simply makes stuff up as a way to earn a few bucks off of racist scumbag morons like you. It's like world nut daily, jbs.org and all the other sites where turds like you go for your daily stink.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DOJ wants Obama immigration actions to proceed ... 3 min Who Guessed it 4
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min sandy1 323,129
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min scirocco 1,216,380
News Which presidential hopefuls would attend a gay ... 4 min Bill Im Home 4
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Jacques in Orleans 186,842
News Clinton Foundation to restrict foreign donations 8 min Christians In Nam... 31
News New Hampshire clash of Republican presidential ... 8 min Cat74 2
News Ben Carson plans May 4 Detroit announcement 14 min serfs up 113
News Hillary Clinton has a new position on same-sex ... 16 min replace the disgrace 105
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 20 min Chimney1 159,210
More from around the web