Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Comments
46,761 - 46,780 of 66,017 Comments Last updated 17 hrs ago

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#58818 May 16, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
Everyery time you post
Seems that you still respond... everyery time... afterbirth.

Location hidden

#58819 May 16, 2013
for the misuse of the English language
Guess next time you'll spell check so you don't look so silly.

PS: it's "uncommon"... also.

Location hidden

#58820 May 16, 2013
un-common sense as you, you're use of the English language
umm... you're?

I know, you meant to make three mistakes in one... breathe...

Cough.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#58821 May 16, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would this witness have any reason to not tell the truth to the reporter? This is before he even knew who was involved.
Maybe it's not your style, but I think most who witness such an incident would be inclined to be truthful to a reporter, especially with it all fresh in their mind.
My thinking is it's possible someone might have gotten to the witness and advised him it would be in his best interest to tell a different tale.
I don't know for sure, but neither do you. Let's let the jury weigh the evidence.
The problem is that John is scared shipless. He tells the truth, now what's going to happen to him or his family?

If he has some dignity and a pair, he will tell his honest story in court. If not, he will lie in fear because of intimidation. Same holds true of jurors and possibly even the judge. Everybody involved has reflections of Rodney King on their mind. John (at the time) had no way of knowing how big this case would get when he talked to the reporter.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#58822 May 16, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmermen want to hang his entire case on that one witness and forget about everything that happened berfore that. I believe that Zimmermen is lying because his statement does not fit with the physical location. Zimmermen claimed he was returning to his car when Martin jumped him out of nowhere. Where the shooting took place is NOT on the way bact to his car and there is no place for Martin hide which would have been necccessary for Martin to "jump him out of nowhere".
Maybe you should look at the map again. Zimmerman was walking west and his car was west of where he was at. Martin was hiding behind the northern row of houses for the couple of minutes after he and Zim parted while Zim finished his discussion with the police dispatcher.

In that time, Martin could have crawled home on his knees and still made it before Zim hung up the phone with 911.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#58824 May 16, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Martin was defending himself unarmed against a man with a gun. Of course he will keep screaming for help even if he had managed to get Zimmermen on the ground. Even Zimmermen's injuries are suspect because one of the first wittness after the shooting saw Zimmermen hitting his head against a wall. Now O'Mara is claiming both men were screaming for help. ie, he knows that it was Martin screaming for help on the tape.
By all means, please provide this evidence of a witness claiming Zimmerman was hitting his head against the wall.

If Martin had that much control over Zimmerman where he didn't sustain not one injury besides his scraped knuckle (consistent with hitting somebody or something) and the bullet hole, then he should have been able to disarm Zimmerman without a problem.

You want a jury to believe that Zimmerman brandished his weapon, and Martin (in fear) decided to attack Zimmerman. Good luck with that one, because anybody with common sense knows you don't attack a man with a weapon under any condition. You either surrender if you know you have no chance at getting away or run for your life hoping the shooter will miss.
No Exuses

Grove City, OH

#58825 May 16, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
A couple days ago a cop in Deland ran a kid down and killed him with his squad car. The kids crime was driving without a license. When the cop stopped him he tried to run on foot so the cop ran him down with his car. The kid was Black, so it must have been self defense.
No Excuses. I guess you shoudn't drive without a license. Right is right and wrong is wrong. Period !!!!! Don't do crime !!!!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58826 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>Where is the answer to my question? Zip, Zero, Nada? Ring around the Rosie, Yeahoo??? You aren't very good at this are you?
lol! Son, you made a claim. It's your responsibility to prove it.

Why do you demand others do your work for you? I thought you claimed to be from the party that thrives on being independent?

Is it some sort of selective thing? It sure seems that way.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58827 May 16, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should look at the map again. Zimmerman was walking west and his car was west of where he was at. Martin was hiding behind the northern row of houses for the couple of minutes after he and Zim parted while Zim finished his discussion with the police dispatcher.
In that time, Martin could have crawled home on his knees and still made it before Zim hung up the phone with 911.
You can make the claim all day long about where YOU believe Martin should be.

But the fact of the matter is Zimmmerman should have known what he was doing. After all, he was the only adult carrying a weapon there.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58828 May 16, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The kid was black so he must have grown up with no respect for authority. That's why all black guys die at the hands of police. If you do exactly what a cop asks of you, guess what? You live.
So those two ladies who were shot multiple times by the LA cops.... they both looked like the suspect and refused to obey?

Gee, makes one wonder how they were able to get a multimillion dollar settlement from the LA police department so quickly.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#58829 May 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
umm... you're?
I know, you meant to make three mistakes in one... breathe...
Cough.
Ain't you just the cat's pajamas?? You have no room to tell anyone anything. You're usage of the English language shows you don't care about much. The exception being your county welfare check?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58830 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>Ain't you just the cat's pajamas?? You have no room to tell anyone anything. You're usage of the English language shows you don't care about much. The exception being your county welfare check?
Sounds like you're looking in the mirror when you wrote this son.

Location hidden

#58832 May 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you're looking in the mirror when you wrote this son.
Naw Yeahoo, Between you and Barefootin' It, you have all the Demorat & Barack Hussein Obama bases covered. It's CYA all the way wif you, ain't it..

Location hidden

#58833 May 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess next time you'll spell check so you don't look so silly.
PS: it's "uncommon"... also.
You really are slow, it was done for effect, you are slow on the uptake....
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#58835 May 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So those two ladies who were shot multiple times by the LA cops.... they both looked like the suspect and refused to obey?
Gee, makes one wonder how they were able to get a multimillion dollar settlement from the LA police department so quickly.
AKRON, OH (WOIO)-
The 64 year-old male who was shot by police following a traffic stop in the 600 block of Wolf Ledges Parkway in Akron has been identified as James Genda.

The Baird Street resident was shot by a University of Akron police officer Thursday morning.

It happened during a traffic stop around 11 a.m.

Police pulled him over because the plates did not match the car.

Terry Metcalf unwittingly drove by the stop just as the fatal drama began to unfold.

"It was a normal traffic stop. The police officer got out of the car as I was pulling out. When I came back I was surprised to see the whole area shut down," said Terry.

When the officer approached the vehicle and asked for license and registration Genda produced what looked like a real .45 caliber handgun.

The officer fired, hitting Genda several times. He died at the scene.

Further investigation revealed Genda brandished only a BB gun.

An autopsy on Genda will be performed on Friday.

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/22271452/un...

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#58839 May 16, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
A couple days ago a cop in Deland ran a kid down and killed him with his squad car. The kids crime was driving without a license. When the cop stopped him he tried to run on foot so the cop ran him down with his car. The kid was Black, so it must have been self defense.
Lesson learned, don't run from the cops like so many intercity punks do.
Leadville Lou

Broomfield, CO

#58841 May 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Statements to reporters are not the same as statements to the police.
Memories can improve when you are reminded that you can go to jail for perjury if you lie in these cases.
You know, as the pedophile's ugly fat wife lied and will end up going to jail for perjury.
speaking of ugly fat wifes, how's Moochelle ? and your mom?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#58842 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>Naw Yeahoo, Between you and Barefootin' It, you have all the Demorat & Barack Hussein Obama bases covered. It's CYA all the way wif you, ain't it..
lol! wow. good thing you didn't talk about the Constitution!

Since: Nov 11

Rockmart, GA

#58843 May 16, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmerman claimed he wasn't on duty the night he murdered Trayvon.

What does Clinton's sex life have to do with Trayvon's murder?
I'm not sure what one has to do with the other myself. But I am sure of one thing. I could care less about either one!

Since: Nov 11

Rockmart, GA

#58844 May 16, 2013
intelligent ike wrote:
<quoted text>The subject is inter racial killings, dumbass, pay attention.
And it's only of any importance to the media when black is the victim and any other race the perpetrator.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 5 min SchoolTheFools 1,349
Younger members split with GOP on social issues 5 min swedenforever 32
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min positronium 255,954
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min busy orlando 1,100,016
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Subduction Zone 115,179
Ukraine Says Russia Has Invaded 7 min NAZI RUSSIA 2
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 9 min EdmondWA 507
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 16 min enough 1,629
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 20 min DITCH MITCH 151,150
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••