Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66318 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#58444 May 4, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>when you call 911 you get a police dispatcher. When you call the non emergency number you still get a police dispatcher. You are speaking to a law enforcement representative. Is which number he called really relevant?
When you call 911 you get an operator. When you call the non emergency police number you get a police dispatcher.

It is very relevant when an asshole is lying about it. It also proves Zimmerman didn't consider it an emergency as he explained in his sworn statement saying he didn't call 911, and why.

A 911 operator is not a law enforcement representative.

Location hidden

#58445 May 4, 2013
DBuck20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth, you do know that the anti-Zimmerman crowd does not care for hearings or facts, it takes away from their "theories" they made up from day 1. They do not believe in due process, unless the assailant and victim are switched around. If Martin was alive and Zimmerman dead there would be no story here. Everyone including the media knows this.
I'm part of the anti murder of unarmed children crowd. I love hearings and truly wanted a SYG hearing.

I certainly believe in due process. Speak for yourself.

Location hidden

#58446 May 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
He has been proven a moron many times over. You two are now running a close race. So sad.
No contest. You win by a wide margin. Congrats moron.1226

Location hidden

#58447 May 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a little over your head. I will tell you like most morons I tell. Stop watching CSI on television. It's a television show. It's not really that simple or all crimes would be solved. I would be glad to waste half a day explaining legal procedure, DNA collection, DNA analysis, and courtroom procedure but not for free.
It's a lot over your head. You really are a moron. A crime cannot be solved by DNA without having a person to match it to.

Ascendo Tuum doesn't need a moron to explain anything to him.

Location hidden

#58448 May 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not worried at all. He is aware like most people with half a brain that the state can't prove their case. It's self defense and nothing more.
Yeah, that's why O'Mara claims it's a tough case. That's why he needed more and more postponements until the judge finally said no more.

Open and shut. That's why they want a jury to decide when a SYG hearing could end it all. Duh.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#58449 May 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what the autopsy report supports since the only injury to Martin was an injury to his hand and a bullet hole and witnesses saw Martin on top of Zimmerman. Great evidence to support Zimmerman's statement. More than enough to create reasonable doubt.
Exactly
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#58450 May 4, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, that's why O'Mara claims it's a tough case. That's why he needed more and more postponements until the judge finally said no more.
Open and shut. That's why they want a jury to decide when a SYG hearing could end it all. Duh.

It is a tough case because it was turned into a political circus.

"For the prosecutor(Angela Corey) to embrace the Martin family attorneys with thanks at the press conference, and for AG Eric Holder verbally to praise Sharpton today, tells me that a case which should be about facts of who did what to whom is going to turn into an even bigger racial narrative for a variety of purposes which have nothing to do with the guilt or innocence of the accused."
William A. Jacobson
Clinical Professor of Law, Cornell Law School
Hmm

Chicago, IL

#58451 May 4, 2013
I wonder if HLN will make as much $$ from this trial as the Jodi Arias trial.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#58452 May 4, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>I'm part of the anti murder of unarmed children crowd. I love hearings and truly wanted a SYG hearing.
I certainly believe in due process. Speak for yourself.
"However -- let me clarify one thing -- if Trayvon Martin is approaching Zimmerman -- it's not "Stand Your Ground". Why? Because it appears Zimmerman did not pull out the firearm until he was on the ground. Thus, if he used self defense -- it occurred at a point where there's no place to go, anyway.(of course -- that's also a pure guess on my part -- but a guess I think will play out). A legal point missed on the TV interview with the lawyers, this morning.

Can't anyone get this law right?"

Jon H Gutmacher,Esq., Criminal Defense Lawyer and author of
Florida Firearms Law, Use and Ownership ,Seventh Edition
This is the definitive book on Florida firearms regulations and case law and is used by seven Florida police academies, over eighty law enforcemrnt agencies and every Florida Appellate court including the Florida Supreme Court.

Location hidden

#58453 May 4, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the drug selling ,drug addicted Tray Gone wanted to brag at his high school fight club how he sucker punched some dude who he had a confrontation with. According to his social media ramblings he was a fan of the mixed martial arts which along with his usage of Lean would explain his propensity foe violence. His cousin implies that Tray Gone punched out a school bus driver.
Too bad none of the crap you make up will be admissible in court. Lies are a no no.

Location hidden

#58454 May 4, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
"However -- let me clarify one thing -- if Trayvon Martin is approaching Zimmerman -- it's not "Stand Your Ground". Why? Because it appears Zimmerman did not pull out the firearm until he was on the ground. Thus, if he used self defense -- it occurred at a point where there's no place to go, anyway.(of course -- that's also a pure guess on my part -- but a guess I think will play out). A legal point missed on the TV interview with the lawyers, this morning.
Can't anyone get this law right?"
Jon H Gutmacher,Esq., Criminal Defense Lawyer and author of
Florida Firearms Law, Use and Ownership ,Seventh Edition
This is the definitive book on Florida firearms regulations and case law and is used by seven Florida police academies, over eighty law enforcemrnt agencies and every Florida Appellate court including the Florida Supreme Court.
Apparently he can't get it right. Under SYG, one doesn't have to retreat. Under the old self defense law, one must have first retreated.

Location hidden

#58455 May 4, 2013
IF events happen as described by Zimmerman, that would be the definitive SYG case.

He lied.

Location hidden

#58456 May 4, 2013
O'Mara stated he wanted the jury to decide it was A SYG case and give Zimmerman criminal immunity.

Location hidden

#58457 May 4, 2013
Hmm wrote:
I wonder if HLN will make as much $$ from this trial as the Jodi Arias trial.
No way. O'Mara says this trial will take 4-6 weeks. Arias' trial took 4 months and it's not over yet. We still have the penalty phase.

Plus, this trial won't be lurid.

Location hidden

#58458 May 4, 2013
4-6 weeks is a long time for such an open and shut case.

Location hidden

#58459 May 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have a phone it's wise to call 911 instead of attacking them. After all it's not illegal to walk behind someone.
He would not have reached a local 911 operator but one from his home area.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#58460 May 5, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
He would not have reached a local 911 operator but one from his home area.
Which is why the 911 operator asks where you are at and connects you with your local police station immediately.

As a truck driver I frequently witness accidents that happened in front of me or just before I get there. I call 911 all the time from my cell phone. First question: what is your location?
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#58461 May 5, 2013
zazz wrote:
O'Mara stated he wanted the jury to decide it was A SYG case and give Zimmerman criminal immunity.
What I read is that they want to go directly to a jury trial and possibly be able to have a SYG hearing in the middle. Pretty good thinking it seems to me because if O'Mara senses the jury is using race as a factor, or are a bunch of anti-gun nuts, he has an escape route instead of having a SYG hearing before trial and have no place to go if they end up in trouble.

The prosecution feels it's a sneaky way to keep Zimmerman off of the stand because if they go directly to a jury trial, Zim can sit back and watch instead of participate.

In cases of different races and/or widely publicized events, you don't know WTF you're going to get on a jury. Just look at the OJ case. OJ got off because he was a black former football player and that's it. If OJ was a white guy, he would have been hung.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#58462 May 5, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, that's why O'Mara claims it's a tough case. That's why he needed more and more postponements until the judge finally said no more.
If you read what the defense said, you would know that the state is giving them a hard time getting evidence and money is a factor; two things the prosecution doesn't have to deal with. The quicker they can get this case to court, the less time defense has to get proper funds and evidence for their client.

So now it's a strategy because prosecution doesn't want a fair trial. They want an unfair trial because they can't be successful in a fair trial. It's clear to me that the state and jude are already biased against Zimmerman, so yes, it's a tough case.

What I see here is all the makings of a Duke La Crosse case. Just side with the black person no matter what, and that wins the hearts of Americans. All the real dirt won't come out until after the trial whether Zim is locked up or not. And like the Duke case, I hope this too has a happy ending.
very good

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#58463 May 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read what the defense said, you would know that the state is giving them a hard time getting evidence and money is a factor; two things the prosecution doesn't have to deal with. The quicker they can get this case to court, the less time defense has to get proper funds and evidence for their client.
So now it's a strategy because prosecution doesn't want a fair trial. They want an unfair trial because they can't be successful in a fair trial. It's clear to me that the state and jude are already biased against Zimmerman, so yes, it's a tough case.
What I see here is all the makings of a Duke La Crosse case. Just side with the black person no matter what, and that wins the hearts of Americans. All the real dirt won't come out until after the trial whether Zim is locked up or not. And like the Duke case, I hope this too has a happy ending.
10-4...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: First lady calls out Trump, - hatefula 2 min WelbyMD 41
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Rogue Scholar 05 219,522
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Truth is might 201,351
News Trump bounces into the lead 8 min stop trump 127
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 8 min Quirky 7,046
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 18 min Yeah 391,292
News Owner of Scooby Rendering in Utica pleads guilt... (May '15) 34 min guess whats next 8
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Limbertwig 233,155
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 2 hr NotSoDivineMsM 205
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 4 hr woodtick57 253
More from around the web