Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66309 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Truth

Rome, GA

#58048 May 1, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmermen did not make any attempt to withdraw before the fight started. Even Zimmermen's account of the fight is not realistic. He claims Martin is slamming his head into the ground (which would take two hands) while choking him (that would take two more hands), while reaching for his gun (another hand). All the time I suppose he is laying there helpless not trying to get any punches in on Martin the whole time. Zimmermen's story stinks.
It stinks for the prosecution because autopsy reports, Zimmerman's medical reports, and witnesses support Zimmerman. He will be acquitted.
thebuzz

Carmel, IN

#58049 May 1, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice to know Democrats support Obama and his lies ..er... fantasies.
"What I find more interesting are the lies Obama tells not so much about himself, but about society. In “Dreams from My Father,” Obama tells readers that he struggled with racism and racial alienation all his life. He wasn’t a starter on his high school basketball team because he played “black” while his coach coached “white.” He confabulated a black friend in high school who, like himself, was shunned for racial reasons. He wrote of a “big fight” with a white ex-girlfriend who, after seeing a racially charged play,“started talking about why black people were so angry all the time.”
As Maraniss methodically shows, these and other tales of racial woe were false. His coach didn’t start him because he wasn’t good enough to start. His friend in high school was half-Japanese, not black, and neither of them were racially ostracized. The girlfriend, Genevieve Cook, never saw the play and never said anything of the sort. And so on."
Jonah Goldberg
Thanks for pointing out more lies from the scumbag in the White House. He and his hideous wife have chips on their shoulders about their race. They are racist pigs.
Truth

Rome, GA

#58050 May 1, 2013
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>Well...you're right... he's not charged with rape...... yet. But hang in there... the DA has bigger fish to fry right now. And speaking of fish.... If GI Janie doesn't cop a plea to reduce jail time... he WILL be convicted and a get 25 to life. The fact that his attorneys waived the SYG hearing is a HUGE indicator that they know they don't have a snowball's chance in hell. Janie's story is TOO full of holes... and the DA is just gonna hammer away at different versions of his statement. If I was the DA.... I wouldn't offer a plea bargain..... but it's all about saving the taxpayer's money, isn't it?

In a less than perfect world,
1) GI Jane cops a plea and gets 15 years.
2) DA hits him with a rape charge.

THAT would be sweeeeet!
Sorry to bust your bubble but he will be acquitted and there will be no rape charge. Some neighborhoods that need burning will get burnt and life will return to normal.
Truth

Rome, GA

#58051 May 1, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>If he is not charged with rape why is Zimmermen trying to employ the rapist defense.(smear the victim)
He's not charged. Try informing yourself a little more.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#58052 May 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>He took a loaded weapon with him son.
Only an idiot would carry an unloaded weapon unless he has a really deep voice and can yell, "Bang bang" with authority.
Truth

Rome, GA

#58053 May 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>"Whether Zimmerman stayed in his vehicle or not is not a legal issue..."

Correct. It only shows intent.
It shows no intent for murder. Try again.
Truth

Rome, GA

#58054 May 1, 2013
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>The screaming voice on the 911 tape was absolutely proven NOT to be GI Jane's.

The Orlando Sentinel had two biometrics experts examine the Trayvon Martin 911 call where a shot and a screams were heard.

Tom Owen, of Owen Forensic Services LLC and chair emeritus for the American Board of Recorded Evidence conducted an independent investigation. Owen informed the Orlando Sentinel, the results from his test indicated the voice on the tape were not Zimmerman's. He used a base line audio recording obtained from Zimmerman to use in comparison. He could not conclude that the screaming on the tape was Trayvon because he did not have a base line audio recording of Trayvon's voice. He said he would stake his prestigious reputation on his conclusion.

Another biometric expert hired by the Orlando Sentinel was Ed Primeau, who is based in Michigan. Primeau conducted a separate investigation and concurred with the opinion of the first expert. Primeau went on to state that he felt the voice pleading for his life was indeed a young man.

Wrong again....
Witnesses heard a man screaming for help and saw Zimmerman on the bottom with Martin on top. Easily suggests that Zimmerman was screaming. The tests on the tapes will not help the prosecution because they have already been proven unreliable. Try to catch up on the case a little. You're way behind.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58055 May 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close.
It's interesting how you can't even explain your version of the Florida syg law son.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58056 May 1, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an idiot would carry an unloaded weapon unless he has a really deep voice and can yell, "Bang bang" with authority.
Ah! So Zimmerman was preparing himself.

Ok. I'll buy that.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58057 May 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No, son. It's going to be even harder for Zimmerman since he claimed he was scared while in his vehicle....

... but left with a loaded weapon anyway.
Truth

Rome, GA

#58058 May 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps you can explain it then, son?
The SYG hearing can be used after the state rest their case or after the trial is completed. The state has already violated discovery of evidence. The defense will know all evidence and have access to all witnesses after the state rest and that would be a good time for the SYG hearing. After the state rest the Judge may very well give a directed verdict if not the SYG hearing could go Zimmerman's way. Nonetheless he will be acquitted one way or the other.
Truth

Rome, GA

#58059 May 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Where the heck does it say syg is incorporated into the trial, son?!?!?!?!

You're really messed up!
It's a little over your head Yeah.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58060 May 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Witnesses heard a man screaming for help and saw Zimmerman on the bottom with Martin on top. Easily suggests that Zimmerman was screaming. The tests on the tapes will not help the prosecution because they have already been proven unreliable. Try to catch up on the case a little. You're way behind.
Did they say it was Zimmerman on the bottom son?
Ascendo Tuum

Grimsby, Canada

#58061 May 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
absolutely does!
Truth

Rome, GA

#58062 May 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>It's over 70 yards to my mailbox from the front door.

I understand, FATTY: 70 yards is too far for you to walk & you'd call a cab.

PS: The boy had every right to be exactly where he was standing when he was confronted by your friend, the pedophile.
Only problem is there is no evidence Zimmerman confronted him. One of the many reasons he will be acquitted.
Truth

Rome, GA

#58063 May 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And if he's convicted of a lesser charge son?
He can't be convicted of a lesser charge. That's where the Prosecution really screwed up.
Truth

Rome, GA

#58064 May 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>He took a loaded weapon with him son.
I take one everywhere I go but that doesn't mean I intend on using it. More proof you know very little about the legal system son.
Truth

Rome, GA

#58065 May 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No, son. It's going to be even harder for Zimmerman since he claimed he was scared while in his vehicle....

... but left with a loaded weapon anyway.
Not hard at all son to those that understand legal procedure. You're just not one of them.
Ascendo Tuum

Grimsby, Canada

#58066 May 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't be convicted of a lesser charge. That's where the Prosecution really screwed up.
It's called plea bargaining, dumbazz.... GI Janie will plead guilty to a lesser charge in exchange for less prison time.
Truth

Rome, GA

#58067 May 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Did they say it was Zimmerman on the bottom son?
Yes they did son. Also the trajectory of the bullet that killed the thug will back that up. It's a little over your head son.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min CANUK 1,458,839
News Trump says cancel new Air Force One: Costs 'out... 1 min gwwwThe media 4
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 3 min Truthsayer 2,125
The time is fast approaching for Obama to ........ 3 min Amy 2
News Trump soaks up the adulation, brags about victory 4 min TRUMP WINNERS 154
News The Racist Smear Against Jeff Sessions 5 min Dee Dee Dee 27
News Paul Ryan Says U.S. Will Not Wall Off Entire Me... 5 min inbred Genius 32
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 8 min TRUMP WINNERS 229
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 45 min TRUMP WINNERS 403,896
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 51 min TRUMP WINNERS 253,263
More from around the web