Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66313 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#55224 Mar 23, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Really
When and where???
I'm still waiting for you to provide the post that I claimed said Zimmerman is guilty son.

See, like I said, you have poor short term memory where it suits you
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#55225 Mar 23, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
When and where???
lol! If you answered the post, you MUST know the when and where son!

Clearly you're not at all intelligent!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#55226 Mar 23, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
More than happy to just as soon as you answer my questions from last year..........LOL
lol! Let's just call you a liar and see if you can prove yourself right son.

I've already proven you wrong.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#55227 Mar 23, 2013
chess not checkers wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah? Do you think George is guilty or not guilty? What evidence leads you to your conclusion?
I believe George is not guilty based on the timeline of events matching with the distance from his truck to the confrontation and eye witness accounts ,and of course the physical injuries.
Yeah?? did you or did you not say that the burden of proof rest on the defense?
I will answer any of your questions that you might have
http://blogs.findlaw.com/blott er/2012/04/what-is-an-affirmat ive-defense.html

"...To see how one of these defenses works, let's look at the pending Trayvon Martin trial. George Zimmerman will undoubtedly argue that he acted in self-defense as defined by Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law. There's absolutely no question that he killed Martin. If he can successfully prove he acted in self-defense, the law says he cannot be convicted of murder. He will go free...."

Clear enough?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#55228 Mar 23, 2013
George left his vehicle looking for an address.Even if George was walking a bit further still does not give trayvon the right to beat George up. I base my opinion that trayvon confronted and attacked George because of the injuries george sustained. Remember the witness who said he saw trayvon throwing punches mma style. Remember trayvon did not have one single injury
Clearly, you start from the middle like many Zimmerman supporters.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#55229 Mar 23, 2013
George left his vehicle looking for an address.Even if George was walking a bit further still does not give trayvon the right to beat George up. I base my opinion that trayvon confronted and attacked George because of the injuries george sustained. Remember the witness who said he saw trayvon throwing punches mma style. Remember trayvon did not have one single injury
So Zimmerman was lying when he said he was following Martin?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#55231 Mar 23, 2013
Yeah?? did you or did you not say that the burden of proof rest on the defense?
He did not.

The burden of proof of whether or not this pedophile is also guilty of murder rides with the state of Florida which has already proved it had enough evidence to arrest him.

The burden of proof - if you could read to the end of sentences that have more than nine words in them - he was referring to was "stand your ground" defense: if you are arrested for killing someone, e.g., a teenage boy who was on a sidewalk where he had a perfect right to be, the burden of proof shifts to you, not that you a guilty of killing someone- you have killed someone- but you meet the criteria of SYG.

Location hidden

#55232 Mar 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
Clear enough?
... well... it took me fifteen minutes to post between coffee and cutting down the last filbert...

Location hidden

#55233 Mar 23, 2013
George left his vehicle looking for an address.Even if George was walking a bit further
The pedophile was not out for a walk.

For you to say so shows you are as open-minded as you insist you are.

The fact is: the pedophile was stalking this boy who had every right to be right where he was at.

The fact remains: the pedophile had already "convicted" this boy of a crime he had not committed- and this is on tape.

So we have this armed cop-wannabe out at night stalking this boy who had every right to be exactly where he was at.

Explain the circumstances that you would be alright with this pedophile shooting your kid in the chest. You sent him to the store to pick up some milk and butter for dinner and an hour later the police call and your kid is dead on the sidewalk a hundred feet from your door.
chess not checkers

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#55234 Mar 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So Zimmerman was lying when he said he was following Martin?
Yeah why is it you are the only one who can ask questions and expect answers when you dont even answer questions. you just make comments. seriously do you think zimmerman is guilty or not guilty based on the evidence made public.
chess not checkers

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#55235 Mar 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly, you start from the middle like many Zimmerman supporters.
How am i starting from the middle. and yes if you were referring to the stand your ground hearing,,, the burden of proof would rest on the defense. correct?
chess not checkers

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#55236 Mar 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
He did not.
The burden of proof of whether or not this pedophile is also guilty of murder rides with the state of Florida which has already proved it had enough evidence to arrest him.
The burden of proof - if you could read to the end of sentences that have more than nine words in them - he was referring to was "stand your ground" defense: if you are arrested for killing someone, e.g., a teenage boy who was on a sidewalk where he had a perfect right to be, the burden of proof shifts to you, not that you a guilty of killing someone- you have killed someone- but you meet the criteria of SYG.
Its all good if trayvon was just walking on the sidewalk minding his own business but the evidence shows that he attacked George ,.. What would you do if you were being vigilant in your neighborhood and were attacked by a stranger?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#55238 Mar 23, 2013
<quoted text>Yeah why is it you are the only one who can ask questions and expect answers when you dont even answer questions. you just make comments. seriously do you think zimmerman is guilty or not guilty based on the evidence made public.
In this case, because your CLAIM doesn't match the transcript of Zimmerman's call.

Why is it I need to educate you on the events?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#55239 Mar 23, 2013
<quoted text>How am i starting from the middle. and yes if you were referring to the stand your ground hearing,,, the burden of proof would rest on the defense. correct?
And the burden of proof still does as long as the self defense claim is held.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#55240 Mar 23, 2013
<quoted text>Yeah why is it you are the only one who can ask questions and expect answers when you dont even answer questions. you just make comments. seriously do you think zimmerman is guilty or not guilty based on the evidence made public.
So..... Zimmerman was lying when he said he was following Martin?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#55241 Mar 23, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like me to post the link again for you??
Most everyone starts out trying to communicate with that moron but she will make claim after claim and never back it up
Last year she claimed to have posted a link that proves her claim about burden of proof but she has never been able to post a link
Awwwww... funny how you can't post a link to defend your comments about me claiming Zimmerman is guilty.

It's as if it doesn't exist!
chess not checkers

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#55242 Mar 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The pedophile was not out for a walk.
For you to say so shows you are as open-minded as you insist you are.
The fact is: the pedophile was stalking this boy who had every right to be right where he was at.
The fact remains: the pedophile had already "convicted" this boy of a crime he had not committed- and this is on tape.
So we have this armed cop-wannabe out at night stalking this boy who had every right to be exactly where he was at.
Explain the circumstances that you would be alright with this pedophile shooting your kid in the chest. You sent him to the store to pick up some milk and butter for dinner and an hour later the police call and your kid is dead on the sidewalk a hundred feet from your door.
He was not stalking Trayvon,If he really was out to get him the way you claim he was then he would have never called the 911 non emergency police line. Because of the recent burglaries he was using caution and being vigilant,especially since trayvon matched the description of recent suspects.

wHY CANT YOU EXPLAIN WHY George has all the injuries and trayvon has nonE aND WHY witnesses see trayvon ontop of george beating him.

Also i can say that if my son went out to get milk and butter he would have his pants pulled up and no cut through houses looking at others property;

And god forbid if he was approached by a concerned citizen he would nit attack that person he wuld answer the authority figures questions. If feeling threatened then call 911 or run or if need be defend yourself, however there is no proof that george attacked martin
chess not checkers

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#55243 Mar 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>In this case, because your CLAIM doesn't match the transcript of Zimmerman's call.
Why is it I need to educate you on the events?
Stop being a hateful smartass.. i will continue to educate myself with the facts.

Location hidden

#55247 Mar 23, 2013
<quoted text> He was not stalking Trayvon,
Stalking.

Do I need to post definitions for you?
chess not checkers

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#55250 Mar 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So..... Zimmerman was lying when he said he was following Martin?
He was looking for a definitive location to give to the dispatcher and police on their arrival. Yes if that meant George was heading in the direction that the suspicious person was then shall be it. There is no law that states a concerned citizen cannot walk around the block with a concealed weapon.. There was no malice intent,, he was looking for a specific address otherwise he made it clear he was on his way back to his truck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump Is Mentally Ill According to Petit... 2 min Earl 295
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Injudgement 237,893
News Study shows value of undocumented immigrants 12 min HOLLA ISABELLA 16
News Group of Parisians launch Obama 2017 French pre... 12 min Christian Fumblem... 3
News Politics speak at numerous volumes on Oscar night 14 min Christian Fumblem... 3
News SE Asia Stocks-Cautious ahead of Trump speech 18 min Christian Fumblem... 1
News Yes, Mass Deportations Are Coming. And We Know ... 18 min HOLLA ISABELLA 263
News Appeals court upholds MD assault weapons ban 1 hr Christian Fumblem... 53
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Quirky 413,285
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Cheech the Conser... 1,498,604
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 2 hr Copout 21,429
More from around the web