Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66318 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#53238 Mar 6, 2013
almighty truth wrote:
<quoted text>Keep doing what you do best,making wise ass comments and deflecting from the main topic. When will any of you clowns answer simple questions?
All questions will be answered in the proper place, if you care.

That place will be in a Seminole County courtroom.

Keep up.
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53239 Mar 6, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it didn't have anything to do with you.
True, this is a public domain, but not everything in the public domain has to do with you.
Now, keep doing what you do best.
And someone said YOU were the only 'sane' person here? Hmmmm. I'm just trying to tell you as politely as I can that you're rude for remaining off topic will all your personal attacks. Your rudeness is quite public and distractig to anyone reading this. I'm just trying to make you aware but it appears you are not interested. Kind of reminds me of the person who dumps trash on the sidewalk. Now that certainly isn't all about me if I take issue with that, is it? Sure I can ignore it. As more and more trash builds up, people leave and it remains a ghetto. Maybe I'm not very good at slumming. Sorry.

Truth's Door

#53240 Mar 6, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>Please grow up. I know nothing about posts about bowel movements...
Then you are a selective Hypocrite.

But then, is there any other kind?
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53241 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Do not allow your lowly, slimy self to become the mouthpiece of the other slime.
You've got enough problems.
Now this is a perfect example. A poster put up some facts of this case and your comments are nothing but off topic and rude. Your comments seem to be meant to start fights rather than good conversation.

Truth's Door

#53242 Mar 6, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know if witness #8 will receive any kind of fine or jail time for causing a man to be locked up based on her testimony?
Do you know if Thug Zimmerman will receive any kind of prison time for causing a child who was minding his own business to be killed based on the wannabe cop's actions?
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53244 Mar 6, 2013
Casper The Friendly Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I think zazz and the "Be Free" moron are one in the same. They accuse me of being somebody else, which means that he is probably the same poster, one posing as a black man, and his other personality posing as a white woman.
It takes all kinds I suppose.
I suspect the same thing based on Zazz answering a post meant for Be Free. Oh well. I am more interested in what is going on with this case. Do you know why this case is going forward? Do you know anything about the minor kid left at home when all this went down?
Stink Bomb

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53246 Mar 6, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know if witness #8 will receive any kind of fine or jail time for causing a man to be locked up based on her testimony?
Another excellent point. I am not sure. I would think so.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#53247 Mar 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Sheesh son! You already have enough problems with the US Constitution!
Yeahoo, you have trouble understanding your morning newspaper, written for fifth graders, and you call others out...
Stink Bomb

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53248 Mar 6, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text> And someone said YOU were the only 'sane' person here? Hmmmm. I'm just trying to tell you as politely as I can that you're rude for remaining off topic will all your personal attacks. Your rudeness is quite public and distractig to anyone reading this. I'm just trying to make you aware but it appears you are not interested. Kind of reminds me of the person who dumps trash on the sidewalk. Now that certainly isn't all about me if I take issue with that, is it? Sure I can ignore it. As more and more trash builds up, people leave and it remains a ghetto. Maybe I'm not very good at slumming. Sorry.
You are on fire today.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#53249 Mar 6, 2013
geet well soon Trayvon, we're all pulling for you.
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53250 Mar 6, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerthugman was in his vehicle. Trayvon was walking home.
Zimmerthugman pursued Trayvon.
The state will prove this is a court of law.
I'm afraid your version of the facts is a little inaccurate and biased.

1. Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch captain, contacted police after taking note of a suspicious person.
2. He began following him while he talked to the operator and stopped. Zimmerman continued his conversation until Martin had vanished. It would be impossible to follow someone who has left the area.
3. Zimmerman made arrangements to meet police at the back gate.
4. After the phone call, Zimmerman went on his way to meet police when he is attacked by Martin.
5. There is at least one witness and evidence that shows Zimmerman was beaten by Martin.
6. Martin is found within close proximity to the place he was staying.
7. One can easily conclude due to the proximity of his body and the house, he would and should have been IN the house before coming into contact with Zimmerman. If Martin were concerned about someone 'following' him, why didn't he go home when he had every opportunity to do so?
8. Why was his dad unconcerned and unaware that his son did not return especially since there was a shooting right outside his door?
9. Wasn't the minor kid still in the house when this happened? Wouldn't he have heard or seen enough to alert his mom who was out with Martin's dad? Wouldn't he be a little upset that someone was shot? I suspect he knew Martin was killed.

It looks like a case of self defense and nothing more. I am very interested in why this minor did not call his mom and why Martin's dad was supposedly unaware of what happened outside his door until the next day. Did the press ever cover this detail?
Stink Bomb

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53252 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you know if Thug Zimmerman will receive any kind of prison time for causing a child who was minding his own business to be killed based on the wannabe cop's actions?
You always answer a question with a question. Enjoy your lonely life.
Stink Bomb

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53254 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Do not allow your lowly, slimy self to become the mouthpiece of the other slime.
You've got enough problems.
Why did the Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump "lie" when he presented witness #8 as a "minor" when he knew that she was 18 years old at the time of the shooting?

Why did witness #8 "lie" about not attending the Martin funeral because of a non-existent medical condition?

Why did witness #8 admit to investigators that she had "guilt" about her role in the minutes leading up to the Martin shooting?

Witness #8 is not only not credible, but she is also a serial liar who will be exposed at trial. So I ask you, like I asked that Hawaiian POS who ignored me, what is it that motivates witness #8 and attorney Crump to lie so easily and with such frequency?
Stink Bomb

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53256 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
All questions will be answered in the proper place, if you care.
That place will be in a Seminole County courtroom.
Keep up.
So are you saying that you are incapable of having a discussion pertaining to known facts of the case. Are you saying that you refuse to answer questions because you dont like the answer,, or shall i say dont agree with the truth. You are the hypocrite
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53258 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm afraid you are confusing opinion with fact, dear. The facts do not suggest that Martin was minding his own business. The Duke Lacrosse kids were tied up in a legal and media circus for a long time. It didn't come out until serious damage had occurred to the reputations of these victims. What's more, the accuser walked away from the disaster she caused. The media destroyed these young men and little if anything to restore the lives they ruined. They did nothing to refund all the money they lost in defending their innocence.

This case smells the same way. It's political and the media is promoting their racism as usual. The fact Zimmerman can't afford a good attorney may put him at more risk.
Stink Bomb

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53259 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
When you answer the original question ,i will be more than truthful with my opinion in reference to your simple minded question. fair enough? what a joke .. come on be truthful

Truth's Door

#53264 Mar 6, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>And someone said YOU were the only 'sane' person here? Hmmmm. I'm just trying to tell you as politely as I can that you're rude for remaining off topic will all your personal attacks. Your rudeness is quite public and distractig to anyone reading this. I'm just trying to make you aware but it appears you are not interested. Kind of reminds me of the person who dumps trash on the sidewalk. Now that certainly isn't all about me if I take issue with that, is it? Sure I can ignore it. As more and more trash builds up, people leave and it remains a ghetto. Maybe I'm not very good at slumming. Sorry.
HA! You're not very good at being honest. If you were, you never would post to me as you find the audacity to do.

Oh well.

You're a laughable FOOL.

You have got to be kidding.

Of all the idiotic, perverse, racist and hate-filled posts that are on this thread daily and unceasingly, you choose to harp on me for telling the TRUTH?

Well, get used to my posts. If they are "distracting" to you, then you will definitely be distracted. You come off as a Supreme Hypocrite and a comfort to the racists and bigots on here.

I shall continue my ways, as your thoughts of my posts only confirm that I am doing something right. thanks for the confirmation. Don't need it, but I appreciate it. You have caused me to laugh heartily this day. Thank you.

Keep your hypocritical posts coming to me. And let me know when you shall lambaste the racists and bigots for their posts. I'll get a front row seat for that.

Oh well.

Truth's Door

#53267 Mar 6, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>Now this is a perfect example. A poster put up some facts of this case and your comments are nothing but off topic and rude. Your comments seem to be meant to start fights rather than good conversation.
Now this is a perfect example.

I post to someone else (albeit in a public domain) and you find it necessary to comment.

Again, you insert yourself.

But of course.

If you're so interested in talking about this case, then do so. Do not find it necessary to reply to my posts to someone else, nosy butt.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53269 Mar 6, 2013
Stink Bomb wrote:
<quoted text> So are you saying that you are incapable of having a discussion pertaining to known facts of the case. Are you saying that you refuse to answer questions because you dont like the answer,, or shall i say dont agree with the truth. You are the hypocrite
lol! You're describing HIO to a "T"!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53270 Mar 6, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text> I'm afraid you are confusing opinion with fact, dear. The facts do not suggest that Martin was minding his own business. The Duke Lacrosse kids were tied up in a legal and media circus for a long time. It didn't come out until serious damage had occurred to the reputations of these victims. What's more, the accuser walked away from the disaster she caused. The media destroyed these young men and little if anything to restore the lives they ruined. They did nothing to refund all the money they lost in defending their innocence.
This case smells the same way. It's political and the media is promoting their racism as usual. The fact Zimmerman can't afford a good attorney may put him at more risk.
lol! No son. Nifong was wrong from the beginning. The idiot even claimed the boy's hair was found in the trash can in the bathroom!

He was so bad and abused his powers so much, he was disbarred. In fact, I believe he was also sued by the people he was trying to prosecute.

You need to get your facts straight. The media didn't destroy anyone. It was Nifong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min cathy1691823 1,395,970
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 3 min southern at heart 364
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min positronium 388,331
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Injudgement 228,798
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 5 min Don Barros Serrano 2,105
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min ChromiuMan 199,449
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 15 min inbred Genius 1,230
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 56 min spud 3,539
More from around the web