Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Comments
34,781 - 34,800 of 65,593 Comments Last updated 53 min ago
Rich

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
You create an argument where there is none. Never have I said that you had posts removed. You are being willfully ignorant again. Not have I said that you've had others' posts removed.
The point was always that many of your racist, filthy and vile posts were removed. And, YES, ultimately you are the one who had them removed. You are the one who went against the policies of Topix (and common sense) concerning posting on their forum.
Ever heard of personal responsibility? Yes, you, and you alone, are responsible for your own actions. You caused many of your posts to be removed. You are the one who writes that filth. You are responsible, Fool.
What's your post count now? 200,000? 300,000? 400,000? You are the Filthy Posting King of Topix.
Congratulations Jerk.
So by your reasoning Buffalo is personally responsible for posting the offending materials so in fact he is also personally responsible for its removal due to violating the Topix policy.

So by that reasoning Martin chose to assault Zimmerman for questioning him so he is ultimately responsible for his own death by making the choice to physically attack Zimmerman violating the law against assault.

The removal of Buffalos postswas justified and the shooting of Martin was justified.

Ok I get it now.
U So Funny

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

<quoted text>
The state of Florida says Thug Zimmerman committed a felony (murder).
You didn't know? Where you been? It's been in all the newspapers and on TV.
Keep up.
LOL....He was CHARGED with 2nd Degree Murder. Big difference......now they have to prove it. They've got nothing the evidence is all on his side. Tryabon=Allgone.
U So Funny

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

<quoted text>
Wake up! Haven't you heard?
Thug Zimmerman himself will testify that he was following Martin when evidence is produced to the jury.
Let's see if this rings a bell with you...
The dispatcher asked if Mr. Zimmerman was following him. "Yeah," Mr. Zimmerman said.
"O.K.., we don't need you to do that." (Various media reports).
You need to get out more.
Not a crime.....our neighborhood watch follows suspicious folks too. They don't want to stick around where they know folks are watching. Traybon made a fatal error with his thug attitude he was gonna teach the wrong cracka a lesson. opps.
Bufalo Bill

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

<quoted text>

You create an argument where there is none. Never have I said that you had posts removed. You are being willfully ignorant again. Not have I said that you've had others' posts removed.

The point was always that many of your racist, filthy and vile posts were removed. And, YES, ultimately you are the one who had them removed. You are the one who went against the policies of Topix (and common sense) concerning posting on their forum.

Ever heard of personal responsibility? Yes, you, and you alone, are responsible for your own actions. You caused many of your posts to be removed. You are the one who writes that filth. You are responsible, Fool.

What's your post count now? 200,000? 300,000? 400,000? You are the Filthy Posting King of Topix.

Congratulations Jerk.
Since when have you ever abided by the rules of Topix?

"Be Polite"?....That's a laugh!....LOL!

All you and your cohorts do is try to get a rise out of anyone who doesn't go along with your insane nonsense, and then when they naturally respond in a curt manner you automatically assume that you have the moral high ground.

You are a liar, a hypocrite, a racist, and a buffoon.

You are everything that you've accused me of being, not to mention a flaming homosexual and a lazy no good welfare queen.

All day long all you do is bait honest posters on Topix with your pompous ridicule. It must suck to be you.....in more ways than one.

“Lets take America Back!”

Since: Apr 07

America, U,S,A.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Florida citizens beame just a litle safe the night thugvon Martin was killed by Zimmeran in self defense.
booligan

Granger, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Alpha Male wrote:
George Zimmerman sues NBC over Trayvon Martin reports
Lawyers for George Zimmerman filed suit today against NBC Universal Media over a well-publicized editing error that portrayed their client in racist terms in his pursuit of Trayvon Martin on a drizzly evening in February.
“NBC saw the death of Trayvon Martin not as a tragedy but as an opportunity to increase ratings, and so to set about the myth that George Zimmerman was a racist and predatory villain,” states the civil complaint in its opening salvo against NBC.
NBC’s editing of the 911 audiotape in the Martin case became a public fixation after the media-monitoring Web site NewsBusters.org noted editing oddities on a “Today” show broadcast March 27. Here’s how NBC News portrayed the audiotape:
Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.
The full tape went like this:
Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.
Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.
Zimmerman thus didn’t volunteer a racial profile of Martin; he was asked to provide it, a point that the lawsuit makes in colorful fashion:“NBC created this false and defamatory misimpression using the oldest form of yellow journalism: manipulating Zimmerman’s own words, splicing together disparate parts of the recording to create illusions of statements that Zimmerman never actually made.”
The suit against NBC alleges four other instances in which NBC-produced shows aired false and defamatory versions of the same events. Zimmerman faces a second-degree murder charge in the case.
The botched edits, charges the suit, were far from innocent mistakes:“Defendants pounced on the Zimmerman/Martin matter because they knew this tragedy could be, with proper sensationalizing and manipulation, a racial powderkeg that would result in months, if not years, of topics for their failing news programs, particularly the plummeting ratings for their ailing “Today Show” as well as for the individual defendants to “make their mark” for reporting a [manipulated] story such as this.” Individual defendants are Lilia Luciano and Jeff Burnside, NBC employees involved in early cases of Zimmerman mis-editing.
Following a public uproar over the tape-doctoring, NBC News issued a statement on the matter saying this:“During our investigation it became evident that there was an error made in the production process that we deeply regret. We will be taking the necessary steps to prevent this from happening in the future and apologize to our viewers.”
Such contrition didn’t impress the Zimmerman camp.“Only after the defendants’ malicious acts were uncovered and exposed by other media outlets … did defendant NBC ‘apologize’ and terminate some of those in its employ responsible for the yellow journalism identified in this Complaint.” Zimmerman himself never received an apology from the defendants, according to the suit.
The suit doesn’t specify a dollar amount of damages that Zimmerman is seeking.“That’s showmanship,” says James Beasley, the Philadelphia-based lawyer representing Zimmerman in the suit.
Beasley declined to comment on whether he’d already had any discussions with NBC.“I don’t want to talk about that. I can’t talk about that. But let’s just say I don’t think it’s going to get settled.”
On that question, at least, Beasley and NBC appear to agree. When asked about the complaint, NBC Universal issued this statement:“We strongly disagree with the accusations made in the complaint. There was no intent to portray Mr. Zimmerman unfairly. We intend to vigorously defend our position in court.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemp...
Ihope NBC gets it right up the azz on this one.
booligan

Granger, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Ihope NBC gets it right up the azz on this one.
booligan

Granger, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Bufalo Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
All you and your cohorts do is try to get a rise out of anyone who doesn't go along with your insane nonsense, and then when they naturally respond in a curt manner you automatically assume that you have the moral high ground.
You are everything that you've accused me of being, not to mention a flaming homosexual and a lazy no good welfare queen.
All day long all you do is bait honest posters on Topix with your pompous ridicule. It must suck to be you.....in more ways than one.
It's what libs do. They are terrified the govr teat will get pulled out of their mouths.
booligan

Granger, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

free zimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, the subject is race, just like I said. 2 black guys, 2 white guys, no story. Poor blackie got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and you can't stand it. If only half the black thugs who kill, rape, rob and assault whites got what Martin got they might learn how to behave.
It may come to that. Whitey is getting fed up. I predict within the next ten years there will be a racial confrontation. It's what blacks do. Look at Africa.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Buffalo Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't trying to scare you son.
He was just commenting on the "small world concept", you know, the Six degrees of Kevin Bacon thing.
Dog, you need to 86 that fat bag of stinkweed you been smoking out of and go out and get yourself some of that "paranoid free sh!t"!
Chill dog!
Don't think about uncle Junior, chill!
You'll be alright.
lol! No son. I don't know. So why don't you explain your "big world concept" on that "Six degrees of Kevin Bacon thing...."... you know, just to show that you have this "thing" down.

Let's see if you are smarter like you claim!(*snicker*)
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Buffalo Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I almost forgot, you'll eat just about anything as long as it walks around on all fours, right son?
Make mine well done, I don't crave the bloody meat like most of you little...(whoops)...do.
Get a grip son.
Eat something!
Woof woof woof woof......
lol! Then you should enjoy eating yourself son!

Bon Appetite!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Obamahammed wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying and you know it. Who will testify GZ was following Martin when Martin violently and illegally assaulted GZ? Who?
It doesn't matter if GZ was a child molester, he was defending himself.
GZ testified son.

Maybe he can take it back?

I doubt it....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Buffalo Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!...I dispute it too!
LE never gave Zimmerman "any advice" whatsoever!
You're just an ignorant racist liar gotta big ole Alabama black snake stuck up you ass!
LOL!
lol! You're right! Zimmerman stalked Trayvon all on his own.
Widowmaker

Oaxaca, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

George Zimmerman showed restraint and excellent marksmanship without exhibiting overkill. One shot one kill. Yes it appears the blacks are looking to start racial problems. The US Government upon freeing them should have shipped them back to the Dark Continent. In not doing so the US is doomed and damned to feed and clothe the savage beasts until the White Citizenrt that founded this great nation gets enough and eradicates the wild animals from US soil.
Widowmaker

Oaxaca, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

At this point the Government should treat them as they did the Indians. Round em up, march em into the desert and corral them in a very secure and isolated area!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

free zimmerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Your willful ignorance is appalling.. Trayvon was no boy or child, he was a violent thug, that's a fact.
You are a liar, that is a fact.

This is reflected in your many aliases: you cannot even stand behind what you say.

Pedophile Zimmerman had the arrest record for assaults, not the boy he chased down and killed.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

T4YOU 2 wrote:
<quoted text> Keep repeating that nonsense , Bareassed .
Your day is long gone, bigot: we know exactly what you are and track you down and stomp on you for the cockroach you are.

SQUISH!

Your pedophile has a bright future in front of him: bright overhead lights with many boyfriends calling him 'Sweetie'.
Alpha Male

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

<quoted text>
You know enough to back up your claim of what the constitution says?
I say you don't. Don't you agree, boy?
Don't bother, I'll get my own coffee.
ab absurdo I called myself a derogatory screen name for 2 day's. That was the deal and you promised to educate yourself on a subject. You lied and chose not to be educated. You aren't able to be educated. You are a stone cold ignorant blob. I guarantee your I.Q. is around 70. You only know what the Democratic Plantation feeds to that small brain. Critical thinking skills are something you will never inherent. You are of limited capacity. I can't help the fact you hate what you see in the mirror. Mirrors don't talk. Lucky for you they don't laugh either. Father time will not help you. You have a failed future. Ugly is not an alibi. Grasp your ears firmly and pull; you might just be able to remove your head from you ars.

I wish I could say I felt any compassion for you. I can't because of your total blind ignorance. There are so many of you now in this Country. It's very depressing to see such ignorance. You are an evil person and the clock is ticking.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Bufalo Bill wrote:
<quoted text>

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Alpha Male wrote:
<quoted text> ab absurdo I called myself a derogatory screen name for 2 day's. That was the deal and you promised to educate yourself on a subject. You lied and chose not to be educated. You aren't able to be educated. You are a stone cold ignorant blob. I guarantee your I.Q. is around 70. You only know what the Democratic Plantation feeds to that small brain. Critical thinking skills are something you will never inherent. You are of limited capacity. I can't help the fact you hate what you see in the mirror. Mirrors don't talk. Lucky for you they don't laugh either. Father time will not help you. You have a failed future. Ugly is not an alibi. Grasp your ears firmly and pull; you might just be able to remove your head from you ars.
I wish I could say I felt any compassion for you. I can't because of your total blind ignorance. There are so many of you now in this Country. It's very depressing to see such ignorance. You are an evil person and the clock is ticking.

"Critical thinking skills are something you will never inherent."

WTH does the above nonsensical sentence mean?

You are a stone cold ignorant blob. I guarantee your I.Q. is around 70.

Father time will not help you. You have a failed future.

You are of limited capacity.

Ugly is not an alibi. Grasp your ears firmly and pull; you might just be able to remove your head from you ars (sic).

It's very depressing to see such ignorance. You are an evil person and the clock is ticking.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

47 Users are viewing the US News Forum right now

Search the US News Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Flacks News 1,081,703
CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple We... (Dec '13) 9 min Reverend Alan 16,105
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 10 min Posi-patriot 244,960
Illegal Aliens Accused of Threatening to Decapi... 10 min Ibn Natas 3
McCain: Prolonged execution was 'torture' 12 min bannedagain3 48
Obama offers US help negotiating Israel cease-fire 13 min OnlyPatchWork 338
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 14 min honkey in da hood 11,505
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 26 min Reverend Alan 52,543
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 36 min Alison Crimes is a lair 146,738
•••
•••