Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Comments (Page 1,173)

Showing posts 23,441 - 23,460 of65,529
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>ROFLMAO. I don't think his reading comprehension is up to snuff,

But hot damn he can copy and paste. He just can't copy and paste anything of merit, anything sensible.
He has a doctorate degree in copying and pasting.

But it does him no good!

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Don-N-Kansas wrote:
Obviously you have great difficulty in being able to recognize a lie from anyone and based on that one might infer you might also have a problem recognizing the truth from anyone... Actually that might explain a great deal come to think about it.

One more time what I actually said, as can be confirmed in the quote from me you provided in your reply, is;

Don-N-Kansas wrote, "But the way it was expressed:{phrased, represented, said,}:

Makes it SOUND like the judge revoked Zimmerman’s bail because he was upset at Zimmerman instead of revoking the bail because of the misrepresentation of the funds the Zimmerman’s had available. Thus implying, the judge acted out of some type of personal animosity against Zimmerman instead of a ruling based on law and facts. "

The fact that the judge might or might not have been upset, has nothing to do with his decision to revoke the bond, as a matter of fact I even clearly stated I don’t believe it did, but the way you phrased your statement made it appear as if you believed the reason the judge ordered the bond revoked was because he was “livid” with Zimmerman.

Let’s look at what you said one more time:
zazz wrote, "<quoted text>
“Judge Lester listened to the tapes. Guess what? It made him livid. He hauled the killer Zimmerman's ass back to jail post haste.”"

Deny it all you want, but there it is in black and white.

Hmmm, you call me; “blithering idiot” X2,“dumb ass”, and a “baby”, yet I was able to answer your posts without having to call you a single name.

Just in itself, I find that extremely interesting and thought provoking.
You chose to interpret it that way. I didn't interpret it that way, neither do many others.

This is a non-point that you continue to harp in. You are wrong. Just move on.

Concerning the calling of names. Which one doesn't apply to you?

Please provide a link to prove that. Otherwise, it is just speculation that I will ignore.

HA! Isn't that how YOU put it?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

'Stand your ground' defense fails in Texas case. Lessons for George Zimmerman?

A jury in Houston took five hours to find Rodriguez guilty of murder, dismissing the stand-your-ground defense on a simple point:

If Rodriguez had not provoked the fight... its unlikely anyone would have been killed.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/061...

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Don-N-Kansas wrote:
Oh I don’t think a link will be necessary, everyone can read your posts, including this one for themselves.

Be Truthful Be Free wrote, "
Also, why limit to 48 hours the amount of time to turn in voter registration forms? And making felons out of the individuals who turns them in outside that time frame? This is total nonsense!"

Perhaps you should think about getting your “news” and views from a different source?....BLAH

According to the politiFact website, that is a FALSE statement – and here’s one of those links you seem to be so fond of.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/...

Their purge of the voting rolls and how they are doing it disproportionately affects the poor and minority voting rights and are a deliberate attempt to purge the rolls of those who lean toward the Democratic Party.
…
What they are doing is engaging in a very sad campaign of voter deception and fraud. "

Well, we clearly have your opinion on this, how about YOU providing a link for a change, in support some of your statements?

I’m sure you will be able to find another Chris Matthews quote out there somewhere.

First you post:
Be Truthful Be Free wrote, "<quoted text> Post # 28415
There you go again. And who cares if you change topics." etc
Then you post:
First, you're the one who changes topics like a baby changes diapers. Please note that I said "diapers."
"

Please do try to make up your mind, either this is a topic important enough for you to mention over and over again – or it isn’t.

You seem to say one thing but do another, based on that alone I believe I can fairly accurately speculate on your political affiliation.

I suppose then it might be inconvenient for me to point out post #28400 from Mr Citizen 1, and I quote:

Mr Citizen 1 wrote, "President Obama is bypassing Congress and plans to immediately stop certain deportations and instead grant work permits to younger illegal immigrants, according to a policy shift unveiled by the White House today.
http://www.boston.com/politicalintelligence/2... !
Good job President Obama. We are proud! Thanks for doing the right thing when others are too cowardly."

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/TKPEED6J6ONM651...

I merely expounded on “Mr Citizen 1”’s post by including an article from CNN, on the same topic and a personal observation.

Really, you should at least TRY to pay attention; it’s actually getting to the point where I figure I should ignore your posts, like those of CountyInmate201200004454, because you have nothing cogent to say.
I don't give two rat's tails on a hot summer day whether you ignore my posts or not. The sun will still shine.

I also could care less about whoever else you don't post too. That's useless trash information to me.

It is appropriate for you to run from the truth. Go ahead.

You try to always squirm yourself out of a lie by responding with long-winded posts that contain multiple issues that have NOTHING to do with the original lie you've been caught in.

YES, we've been noticing!

Perhaps it is I who should be avoiding you. You have NO shame.

My party affiliation is of no concern to you, just as yours certainly is of no concern to me!

You'll get more links from me when you start posting the links I ask of you. It's time for this to stop being a one-way street.

Start posting the links I ask of you for a change. Then you'll get more if mine.

You can do that or you can run from the truth.

My bet is on you running from the truth.
Black 8 My Angus 2

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>

I leave the dreaming to lying racists like yourself.

Keep Inauguration Day clear on your calendar. I want you to witness

a Black man being sworn in by a White, conservative Supreme Court

Chief Justice.

AGAIN

I want you to come back up on here and give us your vivid

collections the day after Inauguration Day.

Let me give you a preview of how things gonna be going down, from a

television commentator's point of view. Take notes, cause this is

how I want you to tell us what you'll witness on that day. Here

goes....

Welcome to MSNBC, "the place where the world knows the truth and

the right wingers hate hearing it. The noon hour pleasingly

approaches.

Today, the Lord has created a beautiful day as the trees are just

the right height and the grass is the right color for this time of

year. Just beautiful. Our military is represented marvelously here.

President Obama will be inaugurated for the second time in 4 years.

Chief Justice Roberts will administer the oath, as he did 4 years

ago. In attendance are all the politicos of DC as well as

dignitaries from the world over.

Queen Elizabeth, Prince William, the Pope, Nelson Mandela, Aung San

Suu Kyi, are but a few of the international dignitaries in

attendance.

Here's the Dixie Chicks performing a rendition of God Bless

America......oh that was a perfect rendition. The crowd is amazing

in their applause. Very touching.

Rev. Al Sharpton delivers the prayer....I feel like I've been

touched by the gracious touch of the hand of God with that

beautifully touching prayer by the Reverand.

Now, the Rev. Jesse Jackson will deliver the scripture....the 23rd

Psalm was so apt at this moment in our nation's history. We must

remember, The Lord is our shepherd, not corporations. Hallelujah!!!

Hallelujah!!!

There must be millions of people in the parade stands and along the

parade route and millions more in television and internet land

viewing this inauguration. This just in....republican nominee Mitt

Willard Romney has been rushed to Mt. Sinai Mental Institution for

the Severely Brain Dead.

After the inauguration, we'll catch you up on that news. Probably

after the 9th Presidential Ball. He'll be ok. It was expected that

he'd have a panic attack, according to his doctors. Anne and the

four non-military trust fund sons are at his side.

We've arrived at that moment. The sun is shining and there is a

slight breeze.

THE INAUGURATION....

Chief Justice Roberts administers the oath to our beloved President

Obama...

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the

Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of

my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the

United States. So help me God."

The crowd is awe-struck. The President is kissed by Michelle and

waves to the audience of citizens.

Uh oh, BREAKING NEWS...Many right wingers across the nation are

jumping from buildings.

This concludes our fist segment. Stay tuned for another song from

the melodious sounds of our Dixie Chicks.
What?

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Black 8 My Angus 2 wrote:
<quoted text>What?
You read it right

Read it again.

The third time you can see it in person!

HA! The fools are angry!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>He slipped and fell....
He ran into a tree....
He mistook Martin for his assailant....
He did it to himself....
Yea sure, he slipped and fell on the back of his head and/or ran into a tree backwards. He did it himself and Martin just happened to be in the area, with injured knuckles. Ha, Ha, that is a funny one.
Black 8 My Angus 2

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>

You read it right
Read it again.
The third time you can see it in person!

HA! The fools are angry!
Nah!...I not angry!

You be the one who's angry dog!

What you mad about?

Not enough food stamps?

Not enough spending money?

Ugly hoes?

Tell why you mad!

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Black 8 My Angus 2 wrote:
<quoted text>Nah!...I not angry!

You be the one who's angry dog!

What you mad about?

Not enough food stamps?

Not enough spending money?

Ugly hoes?

Tell why you mad!
I'm happy as a bird chasing three tails on an early spring morn!

You guys been angry for 3 1/2 years now. It's gonna be ok. Our Commander-in-Chief will be back for another term.

Y'all be doing so much convulsing it's a shame. But don't worry, just keep talkin bout that birth certificate and go buy your guns.

Hasn't done much good for you lately and it won't in the future.

4 1/2 more years to got.

Hot damn!!!
IMPEACH OBAMA

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

I can think of 10 black on white crimes the media wont cover that make this case a petty crime.
IMPEACH OBAMA

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

It's really no big deal. Like I said the the six black males that brutally killed the college student and took turns raping his girlfriend is all good by them. When Zimmerman walks we will hear of more disgusting crimes by blacks but not by the mainstream media.
t clms

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Jabber wrote:
<quoted text>
Afraid of being beaten or raped by the hooded thugs. I wish more people were brave like George Zimmerman....a real hero standing up to hooded savage thugs.
Zimmerman might become even more deranged and hopefully

beat on a idiot like you...

You could harm people also.... anything is possible in your mind...

“FEED THE DEAD FETUS”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

<quoted text>
I leave the dreaming to lying racists like yourself.
Keep Inauguration Day clear on your calendar. I want you to witness a Black man being sworn in by a White, conservative Supreme Court Chief Justice.
AGAIN
I want you to come back up on here and give us your vivid collections the day after Inauguration Day.
Let me give you a preview of how things gonna be going down, from a television commentator's point of view. Take notes, cause this is how I want you to tell us what you'll witness on that day. Here goes....
Welcome to MSNBC, "the place where the world knows the truth and the right wingers hate hearing it. The noon hour pleasingly approaches.
Today, the Lord has created a beautiful day as the trees are just the right height and the grass is the right color for this time of year. Just beautiful. Our military is represented marvelously here.
President Obama will be inaugurated for the second time in 4 years. Chief Justice Roberts will administer the oath, as he did 4 years ago. In attendance are all the politicos of DC as well as dignitaries from the world over.
Queen Elizabeth, Prince William, the Pope, Nelson Mandela, Aung San Suu Kyi, are but a few of the international dignitaries in attendance.
Here's the Dixie Chicks performing a rendition of God Bless America......oh that was a perfect rendition. The crowd is amazing in their applause. Very touching.
Rev. Al Sharpton delivers the prayer....I feel like I've been touched by the gracious touch of the hand of God with that beautifully touching prayer by the Reverand.
Now, the Rev. Jesse Jackson will deliver the scripture....the 23rd Psalm was so apt at this moment in our nation's history. We must remember, The Lord is our shepherd, not corporations. Hallelujah!!! Hallelujah!!!
There must be millions of people in the parade stands and along the parade route and millions more in television and internet land viewing this inauguration. This just in....republican nominee Mitt Willard Romney has been rushed to Mt. Sinai Mental Institution for the Severely Brain Dead.
After the inauguration, we'll catch you up on that news. Probably after the 9th Presidential Ball. He'll be ok. It was expected that he'd have a panic attack, according to his doctors. Anne and the four non-military trust fund sons are at his side.
We've arrived at that moment. The sun is shining and there is a slight breeze.
THE INAUGURATION....
Chief Justice Roberts administers the oath to our beloved President Obama...
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. So help me God."
The crowd is awe-struck. The President is kissed by Michelle and waves to the audience of citizens.
Uh oh, BREAKING NEWS...Many right wingers across the nation are jumping from buildings.
This concludes our fist segment. Stay tuned for another song from the melodious sounds of our Dixie Chicks.
Waste of screen!

Didn't even read it!

Racist FK!
The Rebel Chick

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

CountyInmate 201200004452 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still waiting.
Why don't you report me?
I just want to say I enjoy reading your reports from the county jail. I feel so sorry for you. I wish I was there to comfort you. I would do anything you ask. Just ask any crew member of any big hair metal band from the 80's. They'll substantiate my willingness and enthusiasm for the peculiar and extremely nasty. Moreover,you kinda remind me of 3 of my 6 ex-husbands. Btw,I'm 25 yrs old.

I digress. I'm so willing to please that--in fact,my tramp-stamp has been pounded by more men than any block of concrete in the world. Plus,if you're really lucky,I'll let you smack (hard with your hand) the flag of the stars n bars I have tattooed on my behind. I gotta go. Well,I've got a date with a guy from the orient. He tells me his name is Will Hung. I met him at the bar yesterday. Well,I stayed over at his apartment last night after having just met and having a few drinks---but nothing happened. Well,I don't normally do this,ya know write or correspond to inmates. My Grandfather would have a fit if he knew I was corresponding to you. Not because you're in jail,but because you're not 100% anglo-saxon. He was the Grand Dragon of the Klan back in the day.

Keep it up with the reports from jail. Or just keep it up!{Giggle}

Rebel Chick
XXXXXXX
Black 8 My Angus 2

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

CountyInmate 201200004452 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be sorry!
We know what you meant.
It was the MISSING LINK.
As in, you are the missing link.
Wake up Crisco!

Time to work off all those fat cells you accumulated all night talking to youself and eating like a pig.

Wake up!

Try to get you fat ass into the shower and wash that fresh pie and dried cake off you crotch area!

Exercise!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Manbungo like!
Black 8 My Angus 2

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

My how time flies!

Fathers day is upon us once again.

All the jits be going nuts looking for they daddy's.

"Is you my uncle daddy?"

"Where my daddy is?"

"Is that you daddy?"

........"I ain't you daddy!"

........"I you mamma!"

The baby daddy's don't even care where they sperm cells swam off to.

They all funny now anyway.

Now all the daddy's be humping each other.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Maybe one of em will $h!t out a new son!

See you next year son!
Uncle Daddy

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Where my son at?

I needs to find my son so I could get me some travelling money!

Where you at son?

You uncle daddy needs you!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
WRONG!!! The links I was (and am) referring to have a direct bearing on your conversation about the "lesser charge."
Your last two paragraphs don't jibe. Read them again.
You did NOT read the full record on Florida's law concerning the lesser charge. The Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure codifies this. That is the definitive law concerning the "lesser charge" in Florida.
It doesn't matter that this is not a "capital crime." That is according to Florida law. Your reason doesn't mean much at all. Neither does mine. Only what the law says matters at all.
Listen. This is funny. Bronach use to parade that line about the lesser charge.
I shall direct you to that post. That post's number is 25604. The rule to pay attention to is 3.510.
Now, you go read and get back with me.
Don't be too long, either, dammit!!!!
When you stated our opinions mean little, it is the law that counts, that is correct and I feel the same way, however what I quickly glanced at appeared to indicate that a judge was only compelled to instructing jury to consider lesser charges Capital crimes, otherwise it was discretionary, at least that was my understanding of it.

The post you referred to at least gave me the opportunity to look up and verify what was being said and you are correct, Florida statutes does allow for jury consideration of lesser charges for other than Capital crimes.

So I concede the point, I care less about appearing to be right, than actually being right when I make a statement.

Of course that being said:

If you had a link to prove your point, why perpetuate this argument as you did before presenting it? Did you give you some kind of thrill knowing you were able to provide codification, but chose not to in order to allow someone to remain uninformed? To purposefully allow a misunderstanding to be perpetuated or attempt to inculcate a sense of wrongness seemingly out of spite?

It is nice to have a more clear indication about what kind of a vindictive, rancorous mind you appear to present. Apparently it is more important to you to perpetuate someones misconception as a means of attempting to elevate your own sense of self worth than it is to point someone to understanding without first giving them a sack of crap to contend with.

Unfortunately, I am aware of others with your apparent pernicious attitude and dont feel particularly maligned as someone else might have been but at least we appear to have a more clear understanding of what might drive your commentary when you post to others.

Oh an thank you for eventually revealing the truth, and your apparent character.

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Don-N-Kansas wrote:
When you stated our opinions mean little, it is the law that counts, that is correct and I feel the same way, however what I quickly glanced at appeared to indicate that a judge was only compelled to instructing jury to consider lesser charges Capital crimes, otherwise it was discretionary, at least that was my understanding of it.

The post you referred to at least gave me the opportunity to look up and verify what was being said and you are correct, Florida statutes does allow for jury consideration of lesser charges for other than Capital crimes.

So I concede the point, I care less about ‘appearing’ to be right, than actually ‘being’ right when I make a statement.

Of course...BLAH

If you had a link to prove your point, why perpetuate this argument as you did before presenting it? Did you give you some kind of thrill knowing you were able to provide codification, but chose not to in order to allow someone to remain uninformed? To purposefully allow a misunderstanding to be perpetuated or attempt to inculcate a sense of wrongness seemingly out of spite?

It is nice to BLAH...rancorous mind you appear to present. Apparently ...BLAH... it is to point someone to understanding without first giving them a sack of crap to contend with.

Unfortunately, I am aware of others with your apparent pernicious attitude and don’t feel particularly maligned as someone else might have been – but at least we appear to have a more clear understanding of what might drive your commentary when you post to others.

Oh an thank you for eventually revealing the truth, and your apparent character.
That post of yours is laughable. If it is your way of conceding a point, you should try to do so without trying to assassinate one's character and you should do so briefly.

Here's sage advice for you: you have two ears and one mouth. Try spending twice as much time listening as you do talking or writing.

I cannot take the blame for your inadequacies. You are solely to blame for not realizing your fallacy sooner. Better yet, you would not even had to address the issue if you were alert, if you read twice as much as you write.

Here are but two reasons why I cannot shoulder your inadequacies on this point:

NUMBER 1:
The post I cited (#25604) was there for all the world to read. Why didn't you read and comprehend it? You certainly was around that day (June 3). As a matter of fact, you posted immediately after that post. Your post number was #25605. Yes, this is too funny. You blame me for you not reading a post. You only read your own posts?

NUMBER 2:
The first paragraph of your post above says "what I quickly glanced at appeared to indicate..."

HA! If you're basing a statement that you have as fact with such a flimsy foundation, then when someone comes along to challenge you...the first thing you need to do us take another look, this time more than a "quick glance." It will either solidify your argument or prove its fallacy.

Then you have the audacity to assassinate my character (not that I mind it if YOU do it). You say that I "perpetuate this argument as you did before presenting" a link. You go on to say that I "purposefully allow a misunderstanding to be perpetuated."

Those are nice words you cull together, but they are meaningless. Why? Because you overlook yet another key fact, loser.

It is me who posted the links in the first place!!!!!!! I am the author of post #25604. You accuse me of "perpetuating a misunderstanding" by not posting a link YET I DID post the links in a previous post!!!!!

You cannot have it both ways, buddy. I am guilty of none of the things you ascribe to me. Maybe it is a mirror you see.

It is you who spend more time writing long-winded, meaningless posts and cutting and pasting but you do very little reading, very little comprehension, no critical thinking, so-so logical reasoning.

So, the only truth that has been revealed about character is YOURS.
Where My Daddy Is

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

<quoted text>
That post of yours is laughable. If it is your way of conceding a point, you should try to do so without trying to assassinate one's character and you should do so briefly.
Here's sage advice for you: you have two ears and one mouth. Try spending twice as much time listening as you do talking or writing.
I cannot take the blame for your inadequacies. You are solely to blame for not realizing your fallacy sooner. Better yet, you would not even had to address the issue if you were alert, if you read twice as much as you write.
Here are but two reasons why I cannot shoulder your inadequacies on this point:
NUMBER 1:
The post I cited (#25604) was there for all the world to read. Why didn't you read and comprehend it? You certainly was around that day (June 3). As a matter of fact, you posted immediately after that post. Your post number was #25605. Yes, this is too funny. You blame me for you not reading a post. You only read your own posts?
NUMBER 2:
The first paragraph of your post above says "what I quickly glanced at appeared to indicate..."
HA! If you're basing a statement that you have as fact with such a flimsy foundation, then when someone comes along to challenge you...the first thing you need to do us take another look, this time more than a "quick glance." It will either solidify your argument or prove its fallacy.
Then you have the audacity to assassinate my character (not that I mind it if YOU do it). You say that I "perpetuate this argument as you did before presenting" a link. You go on to say that I "purposefully allow a misunderstanding to be perpetuated."
Those are nice words you cull together, but they are meaningless. Why? Because you overlook yet another key fact, loser.
It is me who posted the links in the first place!!!!!!! I am the author of post #25604. You accuse me of "perpetuating a misunderstanding" by not posting a link YET I DID post the links in a previous post!!!!!
You cannot have it both ways, buddy. I am guilty of none of the things you ascribe to me. Maybe it is a mirror you see.
It is you who spend more time writing long-winded, meaningless posts and cutting and pasting but you do very little reading, very little comprehension, no critical thinking, so-so logical reasoning.
So, the only truth that has been revealed about character is YOURS.
Daddy?

That you daddy?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 23,441 - 23,460 of65,529
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••