Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66309 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#28532 Jun 17, 2012
In Brooklyn, New York, BRONACH was stealing $218 in cash from an apartment he had broken into, for some reason he decided to take out his own wallet and lay it on a bed. When he left, he forgot something, yep, his wallet! When Marin returned minutes later, the apartment’s resident was back. Marin knocked on the door and offered to return the money in exchange for his wallet, which contained his ID and credit cards. The victim told him to stuff the money under the front door one by one. That gave police time to show up and arrest him

Location hidden

#28533 Jun 17, 2012
An individual (we are assuming BRONARCH) stole more than a half million dollars worth of different feminine products from sanitary napkins to tampons. The thieves broke into several shipping containers to steal their loot. Once they entered the containers, they completely wiped out the entire line of products. I am not sure there is a high black market value for tampons, but one never knows I guess.

Location hidden

#28534 Jun 17, 2012
In San Francisco, California, a man identified only as BRONARCH wanting to rob a Bank of America, walked into the branch and wrote “this iz a stikkup. Put all your muny in this bag.” While standing in line, waiting to give his note to the teller, he began to worry that someone had seen him write the note and might call the police before he reached the teller window. So he left the Bank of America and crossed the street to Wells Fargo. After waiting a few minutes in line, he handed his note to the Wells Fargo teller. She read it and, surmising from his spelling errors that he was not the brightest light in the harbor, told him that she could not accept his stickup note because it was written on a Bank of America deposit slip and that he would either have to fill out a Wells Fargo deposit slip or go back to Bank of America. Looking somewhat defeated, the man said “OK” and left. The Wells Fargo teller then called the police who arrested the man a few minutes later, as he was waiting in line back at Bank of America.

Location hidden

#28536 Jun 17, 2012
In West Palm Beach, Florida, BRONARCH had just been released from jail. However, when he realized that he didn’t have a ride home, he walked straight into the prison parking lot and attempted to carjack a woman. He was foiled when he realized that he couldn’t drive a car with a stick shift. As he was re-arrested — this time, for felony carjacking — Bro-Job told police that he simply “didn’t feel like walking.”

Location hidden

#28537 Jun 17, 2012
According to Publix employees in Spring Hill, FL, BROARCH was seen shoving six packs of steaks down his shorts. When authorities caught him they found 8 steaks and a jar of Vaseline. He claimed,“I’m starving, that’s why I took the steaks!”
What's the Vaseline for Bro-Job?? Umm…

Location hidden

#28538 Jun 17, 2012
*COUGH*

Point made?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#28540 Jun 17, 2012
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that the killer Zimmerman will testify?
Aside from the fact that he has ZERO credibility O'Mara would never put his lying ass on the witness stand, under oath.
Did I miss something? It is the prosecution's task to show probable cause for 2nd degree murder. I still haven't seen any and not believing one's claim and proving it false is a bit different. The prosecution must convince all six jurors, five doesn't get the prosecution the brass ring, that George Zimmerman murdered Martin with a depraved mind. That occurs when a person is killed, without any premeditated design, by an act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind showing no regard for human life. If Zimmerman just walked up to Martin and shot him that would be 2nd degree murder. Do you have any evidence it happened that way?
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#28541 Jun 17, 2012
Mr Citizen 1 wrote:
It looks like most of the Zimmerman supporters here have given up on him, and jumped ship.
All that are left are a few ignorant rabid racists and NRA freaks who can't help but respond to this post.
You guys are dropping like flies in light of Zimmerman's arrest, his wife's Perjury charge, new evidence to be released, public opinion against Zimmerman, etc.
Now you see the error of your ways.
Interesting.
I guess that is why the accused gets his/her day in court and public opinion isn't the deciding factor. As I recall public public opinion was also against Casey Anthony.
The prosecution must convince every member of the jury that it was 2nd degree murder not self defense under Florida law.

Location hidden

#28542 Jun 17, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
...I still haven't seen any and not believing one's claim and proving it false is a bit different.
Gosh... and you have all that you have read about here on the internet and the only thing the state of Florida has is actual evidence!

Location hidden

#28543 Jun 17, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
... it was 2nd degree murder not self defense under Florida law.
And the two people who wrote the SYG law in Florida both have said their law doesn't apply.

Something about running after someone and shooting them dead not being standing in one spot in fear of one's safety...

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#28544 Jun 17, 2012
Arrogance Of Zimmerman wrote:
<quoted text>
The man was out of control and his arrogant attitude got the best of him. He will be humbled.
"Humbled", is that what they call prison sex now a days.

BRONACH

“FEED THE DEAD FETUS”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#28545 Jun 17, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>"Humbled", is that what they call prison sex now a days.
Then you are overflowing with humility.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#28547 Jun 17, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that is why the accused gets his/her day in court and public opinion isn't the deciding factor. As I recall public public opinion was also against Casey Anthony.
The prosecution must convince every member of the jury that it was 2nd degree murder not self defense under Florida law.
Right and Wrong Mr. Downhill Logic...

Right in your comparison between the obvious guilt of Killer George Zimmerman and Killer Casey Anthony;

Wrong in placing Zimmerman's innocence on a Guilty or Not Guilty Verdict against Zimmerman on Murder 2 Charges.

The Murder 2 Conviction will NOT happen.

Zimmerman will instead be convicted of Manslaughter (25 to Life).

Yup!

Location hidden

#28548 Jun 17, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is where Bro-job stole this ditty and I include the exact quote.
Let's have a race to see is first to point out what Bro-Job added to the story:
"
2. In Brooklyn, New York, Victor Marin was stealing $218 in cash from an apartment he had broken into, for some reason he decided to take out his own wallet and lay it on a bed. When he left, he forgot something, yep, his wallet! When Marin returned minutes later, the apartment’s resident was back. Marin knocked on the door and offered to return the money in exchange for his wallet, which contained his ID and credit cards. The victim told him to stuff the money under the front door one by one. That gave police time to show up and arrest him."
Source: http://itthing.com/the-dumbest-criminals-ever
One two three GO!
Too funny Barefoot!

I've got a much shorter joke that is equally as funny.

Here is the joke:

"Bronach"!

Location hidden

#28550 Jun 17, 2012
Mr Citizen 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny Barefoot!
I've got a much shorter joke that is equally as funny.
Here is the joke:
"Bronach"!
I try to not pick on Bro-Job but he makes it so easy...

Location hidden

#28551 Jun 17, 2012
Mr Citizen 1 wrote:
Yup!
Remember I called a plea and 120 months and $1.5 million bail.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#28552 Jun 17, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh... and you have all that you have read about here on the internet and the only thing the state of Florida has is actual evidence!
Really ? What evidence would that be or is that a secret between you and the State of Florida??
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#28553 Jun 17, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the two people who wrote the SYG law in Florida both have said their law doesn't apply.
Something about running after someone and shooting them dead not being standing in one spot in fear of one's safety...

Irrelevant. The right to self defense is a defense totally independent of the Stand Your Ground Law. I believe Zimmerman will invoke the "Flat On My Back with a Broken Nose and Getting My Head Pounded on the Concrete" law.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#28554 Jun 17, 2012
Mr Citizen 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right and Wrong Mr. Downhill Logic...
Right in your comparison between the obvious guilt of Killer George Zimmerman and Killer Casey Anthony;
Wrong in placing Zimmerman's innocence on a Guilty or Not Guilty Verdict against Zimmerman on Murder 2 Charges.
The Murder 2 Conviction will NOT happen.
Yup!
Perhaps or found not guilty under the right to legal self defense.

Harvard University law professor Alan Dershowitz, a liberal Democrat, says the arrest affidavit is poorly written and unethical and said if they don't have more evidence a judge will throw the case out because there is no probable cause. He further states all the evidence in the affidavit supports a claim for legal self defense.

http://www.wagist.com/2012/dan-linehan/dersho...

Location hidden

#28555 Jun 17, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember I called a plea and 120 months and $1.5 million bail.
Yes Barefoot. I am on the fence on that prediction too. I would like to see all of the evidence first.

It it turns out to be somewhat substantial evidence against Zimmerman, I would predict the same.

We will have to discuss this again a bit down the road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former US ambassador, Cotton back Trump on Taiw... 2 min Chilli J 18
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 253,026
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Grey Ghost 1,458,037
News In wake of election, undocumented students face... 11 min Justified 3
News Jobs report shows Trump to inherit solid but un... 12 min Mikey 37
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 12 min Le Jimbo 2,911
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 12 min Berlin Betty 2,010
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 13 min freebird 403,629
More from around the web