Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66312 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

“Impeach Obama!”

Since: Jul 08

Memphis, TN

#25465 Jun 2, 2012
A vote for a Democrap is a vote for the Criminal Job Creator Party and the Treyvon Punk Apologist Party.
zerosum

United States

#25466 Jun 2, 2012
anneutral wrote:
too bad he and his lawyer lied to the court about his passport and financial status.
it does however show the court that he is duplicitous, which of course if frowned upon by the court.
if he lied in court, to the judge, then what else has he been lying about?
Everything, especially his injuries and the killing of TM.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#25469 Jun 2, 2012
Philliproy wrote:
Zimmerman will be set free and then given a medal by President Romney for keeping his neighborhood safe from drug addicts like Treyvon.
Hillbilly dreams!
zerosum

United States

#25470 Jun 2, 2012
Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
Casting aspersions on a man's character does not negate phsyical evidence and scared people will lie to save thier hide an money I'd like to see some of these Vultures get in a simular situation an see how well they hold up. <quoted text>
GZ has no character. He's a child killer.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#25471 Jun 2, 2012
George proved himself to be a liar about substantive matter and he has NO credibility. Nothing he has said can be trusted. What happened, when and how he got injuries, and to what extent, NOTHING from him is trustworthy.
Old Coastie

Tulsa, OK

#25474 Jun 2, 2012
Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
Casting aspersions on a man's character does not negate phsyical evidence and scared people will lie to save thier hide an money I'd like to see some of these Vultures get in a simular situation an see how well they hold up. <quoted text>
Very well put. All over the world we see the masses try to rule by emotions and not facts. I have seen well educated men from good family's turn into shallow shells reaching out for and handhold as they fall.
I'm happy to hold my voice and see what the jury rules unlike the weak-minded fools out there.
rwb

Lima, OH

#25475 Jun 2, 2012
I seems it would only be natural to wonder about his credibility, at this point. "IF' Mr. Zimmerman is sitting in jail, this will change the 'speed' of the trial, or more accurately going to trial. This will put more pressure on Mr. Zimmerman's defense team.
Old Coastie

Tulsa, OK

#25476 Jun 2, 2012
zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything, especially his injuries and the killing of TM.
Mmmmmmm. And you know this how? Here is one here. Poor weak minded rabble rouser.
Old Coastie

Tulsa, OK

#25477 Jun 2, 2012
zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
GZ has no character. He's a child killer.
Here's another one lol. When did he kill a 'child'

I do know for -FACT- he killed a older teen.

This child killing must be something the left leaning media is hiding for some unknown reason.

That statement is just as dishonest as that same said media showing a photo of the teen that was taken a few years ago to make us belive he was still a child.

Most crime around here is caused by teens his age. White, black and hispanic. Funny how almost all of them have hoodies on.

Cpt Jack Sparrow

“.strike yer colors swab ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#25480 Jun 2, 2012
Travon was no Child regardless of how you whine and the injuries are consistant With Zim's story as are balistics regardless of Whatever He says or does while under duress from a system that is weighing it's political options.
WMCOL wrote:
George proved himself to be a liar about substantive matter and he has NO credibility. Nothing he has said can be trusted. What happened, when and how he got injuries, and to what extent, NOTHING from him is trustworthy.
Cat74

Westmont, IL

#25481 Jun 2, 2012
He cannot lie about the evidence. There are witnesses, and forensics to reconstruct the shooting.

Cpt Jack Sparrow

Location hidden

#25483 Jun 2, 2012
When I was 17 I was thought perfectly capable of killing a Man with My bare hands an a number of weapons, had fought in a number of brawls against armed attackers in some very violent areas. I grew up around racism an police corruption. Stood for Civil rights Native rights an seen the people who got thier rights become as corrupt as those We opposed........blacks are givin' Zimmerman the same deal rednecks used to give them..........Wouldn't own a hoodie seen to many on surveliance videos garment lacks Class any how........
Old Coastie wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's another one lol. When did he kill a 'child'
I do know for -FACT- he killed a older teen.
This child killing must be something the left leaning media is hiding for some unknown reason.
That statement is just as dishonest as that same said media showing a photo of the teen that was taken a few years ago to make us belive he was still a child.
Most crime around here is caused by teens his age. White, black and hispanic. Funny how almost all of them have hoodies on.

Cpt Jack Sparrow

Location hidden

#25484 Jun 2, 2012
You got it, everyone needs to shut up an let the evidence speak
Cat74 wrote:
He cannot lie about the evidence. There are witnesses, and forensics to reconstruct the shooting.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#25485 Jun 2, 2012
Aussie Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Your guess is as good as mine...
It seems obvious enough that Martin had initiated a physical confrontation & then began to beat Zimmerman...
From that point onwards, the rest is history...
I agree.
Trayvon thought Zimmerman was after him for stealing the lighter from the store. Trayvon thought he had gotten away and then couldn't go home and get in more trouble with his dad. If you think about it his life was cut short because of a lighter.

Location hidden

#25487 Jun 2, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
I agree. The same is true of all the witnesses and Trayvon's girlfriend's account. It doesn't seem like there is any good evidence.

What is wrong with people these days? The poor guy gets attacked and fends off his attacker and now has all these problems he doesn't deserve.

Location hidden

#25488 Jun 2, 2012
Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
You got it, everyone needs to shut up an let the evidence speak<quoted text>
But there is so little evidence.

It was raining and everything washed away and nobody saw anything.
Cat74

Westmont, IL

#25489 Jun 2, 2012
I think there would be more sympathy for the victim if the poverty pimps had not tried to pass Treyvon off as a 13 year old child. Once it turned out he was 17 years old, had problems at school, was under the influence of pot at the time of the shooting, he was as guilty as zimmerman with the shooting.
Cat74

Westmont, IL

#25493 Jun 2, 2012
A 6 feet, 3 inch football player is not a child. He was grown up enough to steal some jewelry, find a pot dealer, maybe even deal alittle himself. That is not a child.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#25496 Jun 2, 2012
Philliproy wrote:
Zimmerman will be set free and then given a medal by President Romney for keeping his neighborhood safe from drug addicts like Treyvon.
Die - slowly.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#25498 Jun 2, 2012
Julius Streicher wrote:
<quoted text>JEW.
Thanks for the compliment. SLUG.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump backer tweets cartoon of Clinton in black... 1 min Responsibility 12
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min positronium 393,411
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,420,501
News John McCain is in the fight of his political li... 3 min Gov Corbutt of th... 2
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 4 min Lawrence Wolf 150
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Uncle Tab 240,001
News RICO Charges Against 'Climate Deniers': A Case ... 5 min Gov Corbutt of th... 3
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 6 min Jaimie 8,020
News Former Obama aide: Trump is a 'psychopath' 7 min gwww 99
More from around the web