President Bush Has Threatened To Veto...

President Bush Has Threatened To Veto Speaker Pelosi's $150 Billion Stimulus Package Proposal

There are 116 comments on the www.thedenverchannel.com story from Oct 9, 2008, titled President Bush Has Threatened To Veto Speaker Pelosi's $150 Billion Stimulus Package Proposal. In it, www.thedenverchannel.com reports that:

Once again President Bush has shown his contempt for working class Americans by stating he would veto a stimulus package proposal introduced by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to help struggling Americans. That is interesting being that the President rushed to assist big business. This was no surprise, but here is the skinny on how we are being robbed by our own government. Bear Stearns---$30 billion Freddie Mac & Fannie Mae---$200 billion AIG----$122 billion Wall Street-----------------$800 billion The working and middle income Americans; well, we get the bill.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.thedenverchannel.com.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
John Po

AOL

#1 Oct 9, 2008
Well of course he will. If it's not for the rich or his Wall St buddies, Bush is not for it.

$700 billion for CEOs -- to he11 with the everyday citizen.

“ja sagte ich das :)”

Since: May 08

jackson purchase area

#2 Oct 9, 2008
sure he will if its helping the poor why the hell would he want to do a thing like that.
he is a dyslexic gingerbread man.
john k

Long Branch, NJ

#3 Oct 9, 2008
cds or credit default swaps are not regulated because they are called swaps. aig is regulated because they are an insurance agency. wall street has no soul. the devils den.
JoeJ

Irvine, KY

#4 Oct 9, 2008
What makes all this so shameful is that fact that there are idiots out there that would still vote for McCain regardless. Talk about stupidity running deep in the redneck towns.

Kentucky sucks for sure.
Interested

Apopka, FL

#5 Oct 9, 2008
We can’t keep borrowing money from China.
Does it make sense to borrow from China to buy products made in China.
Talk about selling our soul.
The first stimulus did nothing and this one will just make matters worse.

“happenstance”

Since: Sep 07

JAX

#6 Oct 9, 2008
You mean to tell me that W gets on TV with his sad puppy face to get support for a $700 billion dollar wall street stimulus package, but he threatens to veto a measure thats a fraction of the cost for the people. Give me a effing break!
I cant wait to get this clown out of office. Frankly at this point any body is better than bush.

ANYBODY 08'
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

#7 Oct 9, 2008
All you freeloaders, it's the same old song and dance, your all looking for something for nothing! GREED!!! Your no better than those that you condem!

jackson purchase area

#8 Oct 9, 2008
JoeJ wrote:
What makes all this so shameful is that fact that there are idiots out there that would still vote for McCain regardless. Talk about stupidity running deep in the redneck towns.
Kentucky sucks for sure.
i second that as i live there as well.i have seen a few mctaint/plian signs id love to paintball.
mostly in front of junky houses and trailers.

jackson purchase area

#10 Oct 9, 2008
endzone wrote:
You mean to tell me that W gets on TV with his sad puppy face to get support for a $700 billion dollar wall street stimulus package, but he threatens to veto a measure thats a fraction of the cost for the people. Give me a effing break!
I cant wait to get this clown out of office. Frankly at this point any body is better than bush.
ANYBODY 08'
Gary Coleman 2008 (insert flag)

jackson purchase area

#11 Oct 9, 2008
Interested wrote:
ill take it hell why not.cant find anything not made in china hell i checked the back of my kids neck to make sure they are american its so bad.
American Citizen

United States

#12 Oct 9, 2008
Since when is CONSPIRACY not against the law. Where is the supreme court? Why haven't they prosecuted these thieving, conniving crooks? Don't we have ANY laws anymore?
American Citizen

United States

#13 Oct 9, 2008
DON'T WE HAVE ANY LAWS ANY MORE?
DONT'T WE HAVE ANY AMERICANS ANY MORE?
DON'T WE HAVE ANY IRISH ANY MORE?
HAS OUR COUNTRY ALL TURNED BLACK?
IRISH, DID YOU ENJOY BEING A SLAVE UNDER BLACK
BOSSES?
BACK IN THE SLAVE DAYS THAT BUSH WANTS BACK
American Citizen

United States

#14 Oct 9, 2008
VOTE FOR CHUCK BALDWIN!
DO SOMETHING RIGHT!
Chicago Born

Glencoe, IL

#15 Oct 9, 2008
DanaBartonish wrote:
<quoted text>i second that as i live there as well.i have seen a few mctaint/plian signs id love to paintball.
mostly in front of junky houses and trailers.
Well, if the signs are in front of junky trailers, they must be millionaire recluses. Because all Republicans by your definition are RICH. We are bailing out people who live in broken down trailers, and have cars on blocks, in their front yards.... Yeah right.
Maynard

Carmel, IN

#16 Oct 9, 2008
endzone wrote:
ANYBODY 08'
Our current US Pres. should be re-named to
'G W - HOOVER'!!!!!!

Since: Jul 07

United States

#17 Oct 9, 2008
To all the dumb SOBs that didn't write their Congressmen and women before the vote in no uncertain terms to not vote for the bailout - DO YOU GET THE F*CKING CLUE YET! Geesus.

jackson purchase area

#18 Oct 9, 2008
Chicago Born wrote:
<quoted text>Well, if the signs are in front of junky trailers, they must be millionaire recluses. Because all Republicans by your definition are RICH. We are bailing out people who live in broken down trailers, and have cars on blocks, in their front yards.... Yeah right.
hun listen its a known fact rednecks support reps 9-10 times i wasnt talking about them being bailed out of anything hell they cant afford a set of teeth much less a new car but yet they stilleat out of the hands that continue to let them struggle.

Grand Island, NY

#19 Oct 9, 2008
Interested wrote:
I do agree that borrowing more money from a foreign country to attempt to stimulate the screwed up economy is probably not the best thing to do. However, I also am as outraged as others that this administration will stick us with the bill to support the rich and richer in the finance industry, yet veto a measure intended to help the "regular" guys. It seems we're in deep, and we've brought the whole world down with us. Gotta love "conservative" spending.
Interested

Apopka, FL

#20 Oct 9, 2008
Bleeding Heart wrote:
<quoted text>
I do agree that borrowing more money from a foreign country to attempt to stimulate the screwed up economy is probably not the best thing to do. However, I also am as outraged as others that this administration will stick us with the bill to support the rich and richer in the finance industry, yet veto a measure intended to help the "regular" guys. It seems we're in deep, and we've brought the whole world down with us. Gotta love "conservative" spending.
I agree the bailout is not going to help the little guy that has his heart in the right place; however I do ask the question" what will the average person do with the stimulus money?"
We have a right to look to the government to help stimulate the economy, however this is not the right way to go about it.
Interested

Apopka, FL

#21 Oct 9, 2008
wyojake wrote:
To all the dumb SOBs that didn't write their Congressmen and women before the vote in no uncertain terms to not vote for the bailout - DO YOU GET THE F*CKING CLUE YET! Geesus.
I think most voters have sent a strong signal to their representatives, I also think our representatives betrayed the populus by not voting the will of the people.
I don't think we are a bunch of school kids that need to be told whats good for us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DOJ to appeal immigration records ruling 1 min Nopal 6
News Former President Clinton to campaign for Hillar... 2 min Johanne 77
News Mississippi Governor Signs Law Allowing Busines... 3 min barefoot2626 524
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 4 min hal 6,209
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min USAsince1680 1,384,454
News Trump tells California 'there is no drought' 7 min An NFL Fan 50
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 7 min Nopal 1,236
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 17 min NTRPRNR1 384,769
News Millionaire Entrepreneur Wants to 'Make Atheism... 1 hr woodtick57 132
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 1 hr An NFL Fan 1,129
More from around the web