All gun owners aren't created equal, ...

All gun owners aren't created equal, nor should they be treated equally: Phillip Morris

There are 433 comments on the Cleveland.com story from Oct 3, 2012, titled All gun owners aren't created equal, nor should they be treated equally: Phillip Morris. In it, Cleveland.com reports that:

Perhaps that makes us all safer in the long run. Our guns - lots of them -- are what protect us from our neighbors and our government, right? It's what the founders envisioned -- a "well-armed militia," loosely translated as an well-armed citizenry.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cleveland.com.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#85 Oct 9, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
I own a business. Do I have the right to tell you that you cant enter my building carrying a gun?
Congress cannot infringe on your right of freedom of speech, but you don't not have right to be heard.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#86 Oct 9, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Congress cannot infringe on your right of freedom of speech, but you don't not have right to be heard.
What??? Tell me does your rights over rule my rights???

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#87 Oct 9, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
So back in late 1700,s and early 1800,s and through the 1800,s when cities would ban guns that was an infringement???
Yes...it was.

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

#88 Oct 9, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...it was.
Yea and even many of our founding fathers as they were mayors did set gun bans in towns they ran.....THYE KNEW THATW AS NOT UNCONSTITUTIONAL.....Sorry your wrong...

Oh and I as a business owner can tell you that you cant walk in with a gun.....TRY TO CARRY GUN INTO MY STORE AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU NEVER LEAVE MY STORE...

Southeast Virginia

#89 Oct 9, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
I own a business. Do I have the right to tell you that you cant enter my building carrying a gun?
As the saying goes, my right to swing my fist ends at the tip of your nose. In other words, yes, you can prohibit someone from carrying ON YOUR PROPERTY. And I have a right to not patronize your establishment.

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

#90 Oct 9, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
As the saying goes, my right to swing my fist ends at the tip of your nose. In other words, yes, you can prohibit someone from carrying ON YOUR PROPERTY. And I have a right to not patronize your establishment.
Yes and I have the right to not go to a bar where some drunk fool has a gun and might get mad and shoot someone...YOUR RIGHTS END WHERE MINE BEGIN..........Please do not come into my store....Anyway I sell high end bikes and exercise equipment..You inbred pot bellied rednecks dont have any use for being in shape...

Southeast Virginia

#91 Oct 9, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea and even many of our founding fathers as they were mayors did set gun bans in towns they ran.....THYE KNEW THATW AS NOT UNCONSTITUTIONAL.....Sorry your wrong...
Oh and I as a business owner can tell you that you cant walk in with a gun.....TRY TO CARRY GUN INTO MY STORE AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU NEVER LEAVE MY STORE...
The mere act of carrying a gun into your store does NOT give you the right to threaten someone's life. If you ask them to leave and they refuse, you may call the police and press charges for criminal trespass. Now if they actually threaten you with violence, that's another issue.

Southeast Virginia

#92 Oct 9, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and I have the right to not go to a bar where some drunk fool has a gun and might get mad and shoot someone...YOUR RIGHTS END WHERE MINE BEGIN..........Please do not come into my store....Anyway I sell high end bikes and exercise equipment..You inbred pot bellied rednecks dont have any use for being in shape...
"YOUR RIGHTS END WHERE MINE BEGIN"

Bullshit. Your rights only trump mine on your personal property. If we are on common ground, your rights trump no one's.

And just for your own education, no one has a right to be in a bar with a gun and be intoxicated. So your argument is specious at best.

"Please do not come into my store".......you got it.

As far as the rest of your post goes.....why the ad hominem attack? Keep it civil and I will do the same. If not....go f**k yourself.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#93 Oct 9, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
So back in late 1700,s and early 1800,s and through the 1800,s when cities would ban guns that was an infringement???
Through the 1800's ?

It is going on today.

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

#94 Oct 9, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
The mere act of carrying a gun into your store does NOT give you the right to threaten someone's life. If you ask them to leave and they refuse, you may call the police and press charges for criminal trespass. Now if they actually threaten you with violence, that's another issue.
You see a big dumb redneck fool came into my store I asked him to leave because he had a gun I could see under his coat. He said NO because he had rights. I asked again and told him to read the sign on door again..He said he had rights again...I told him I would call the cops and he said if I did he would make me pay....SO I QUICK GRABBED A BASEBALL BAT I HAD HANDY AND SMASHED HIS TOOTHLESS REDNECK SKULL IN....Then called cops they hauled him away and things went back to normal...GUESS WHAT NO INBRED REDNECKS COME TO MY STORE ANYMORE....

Southeast Virginia

#95 Oct 9, 2012
"And just for your own education, no one has a right to be in a bar with a gun and be intoxicated."

Actually, that should have read "it is against the law to be in bar intoxicated and in possession of a gun."

Don't Tread On Me

#96 Oct 9, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you can with a sign or being asked to leave under trespass laws.

I vote with my dollar.

Southeast Virginia

#97 Oct 9, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, no I'm not. Just because a law gets passed, it does NOT mean that law is constitutional. Unconstitutional laws are passed all the time, especially with regards to the 2nd Amendment. And since Heller v. DC and McDonald v. Chicago, 1000's of those laws have been rescinded.

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

#98 Oct 9, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
"YOUR RIGHTS END WHERE MINE BEGIN"
Bullshit. Your rights only trump mine on your personal property. If we are on common ground, your rights trump no one's.
And just for your own education, no one has a right to be in a bar with a gun and be intoxicated. So your argument is specious at best.
"Please do not come into my store".......you got it.
As far as the rest of your post goes.....why the ad hominem attack? Keep it civil and I will do the same. If not....go f**k yourself.
I am saying each city county and state has the right to control what goes on in there region.........ALWAYS AHS BEEN THAT WAY....EVEN OUR FOUNDING FATHERS KNEW THAT....Again many of founding fathers as mayors banned guns on one type or another in towns they mayored.....AND THEY KNEW THE 2ND........The 2nd doesnt mean you can ahve any weapon you wnata nd carry or take it anywhere you like.......SORRY FACTS DONT CHANGE THAT.

Don't Tread On Me

#99 Oct 9, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
You see a big dumb redneck fool came into my store I asked him to leave because he had a gun I could see under his coat. He said NO because he had rights. I asked again and told him to read the sign on door again..He said he had rights again...I told him I would call the cops and he said if I did he would make me pay....SO I QUICK GRABBED A BASEBALL BAT I HAD HANDY AND SMASHED HIS TOOTHLESS REDNECK SKULL IN....Then called cops they hauled him away and things went back to normal...GUESS WHAT NO INBRED REDNECKS COME TO MY STORE ANYMORE....
His rights under carry laws do not exceed your rights under trespass laws.

Unfortunately , his greatest right was the right to be an ignorant fool.

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

#100 Oct 9, 2012
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Through the 1800's ?
It is going on today.
It should cities should be able to keep guns off the streets....I am all for gun rights..I hunt and own over 20 guns myself....But dont think we should be able to carry our guns everywhere we want...

Southeast Virginia

#101 Oct 9, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
And if that story is true (I and many others here have our doubts), he was wrong for not leaving. And he was doubly wrong for threatening you without provocation.

But like I said, the story has a certain stench to it.

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

#102 Oct 9, 2012
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you can with a sign or being asked to leave under trespass laws.
I vote with my dollar.
Thing is I sell high end bikes and exercise equipment...Toothless redneck gun and buybull bangers dont get much use for being in shape....So I doubt you would ever come to my store even if I had a GUNS WELCOME SIGN out front...Fat out of shape inbreds dont exercise.

Don't Tread On Me

#103 Oct 9, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
It should cities should be able to keep guns off the streets....I am all for gun rights..I hunt and own over 20 guns myself....But dont think we should be able to carry our guns everywhere we want...
The US Constitution decides that.

You can have your opinion all the way up to the day your shot and killed in an area you decided there would not be a threat to justify you arming yourself.

Southeast Virginia

#105 Oct 9, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Contradict yourself much??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 43 min Into The Night 38,350
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 45 min Into The Night 3,332
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr VetnorsGate 1,707,200
News Ohio businessman, deported after 38 years in US... 1 hr Quirky 45
News After Florida shooting, what's the status of th... 1 hr javawhey 10
News Dem Sen Nelson: 'Let's Get These Assault Weapon... 2 hr javawhey 206
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) 2 hr TrGln 9,190
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 hr TsGln 59,983
News FBI in public fight with Trump over releasing R... 3 hr Quirky 1,625
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr ThomasA 330,524
News 'Get on the Right Side': Shooting Survivors Dec... 6 hr Concerned 239
More from around the web