'Collision 2012': Mitt Romney tells T...

'Collision 2012': Mitt Romney tells The Post's Dan Balz that he hesitated to run

There are 213 comments on the Washington Post story from Jul 27, 2013, titled 'Collision 2012': Mitt Romney tells The Post's Dan Balz that he hesitated to run. In it, Washington Post reports that:

Mitt Romney, with his wife, Ann, and son Tagg, does a walk-through before a debate in New Hampshire in October 2011.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Post.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

“COP'S LIVES MATTER”

Since: Mar 09

THUG'S LIVES DONT MATTER

#1 Jul 27, 2013
He could've won if Obama didn't steal the election by commanding the IRS to block tea party donations to Romney and other Republican candidates. Obama should be impeached for sabotaging and undermining a US Presidential election.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#2 Jul 28, 2013
He didn't block ANY donations.

I wanted to be president because I believe that my background and experience and my perspective and point of view would be helpful to get America back on track, to keep America the economic powerhouse it’s been and the champion of freedom here and around the world,” he said.

By continuing on the same the same track?

“I happen to believe that America is on a course of decline if it continues with the policies we’ve seen over the last couple of decades, and we need to take a very different course, returning to more fundamental principles, if you will.”

By putting Reaganomics on steroids?

That's why he wasn't elected.

Poor teabaggers.

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#3 Jul 28, 2013
It’s great to sit back after winning and watch the losers twist in the wind as they try and tell what, why, where and when… LOL…
Romney was a joke of a candidate who was running against a great President who just a year earlier walked to a White House podium to announce that (on his orders) Osama bin Laden had be taken out. I believe that was the night that Obama actually won the 2012 Election… but the 2nd Debate will forever be cherished as the death blow to any hopes of Romney’s people trying to steal the Presidency when Obama said “Please, proceed… LMFAO!!!!!
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#4 Jul 28, 2013
Mitt Romney:”As president, I will create 12 million new jobs.”—Second presidential debate

Mitt Romney:”Government does not create jobs. Government does not create jobs.”— 45 minutes later (Oct. 16, 2012)

“I laugh at Robo Posters”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#5 Jul 28, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
He didn't block ANY donations.
I wanted to be president because I believe that my background and experience and my perspective and point of view would be helpful to get America back on track, to keep America the economic powerhouse it’s been and the champion of freedom here and around the world,” he said.
By continuing on the same the same track?
“I happen to believe that America is on a course of decline if it continues with the policies we’ve seen over the last couple of decades, and we need to take a very different course, returning to more fundamental principles, if you will.”
By putting Reaganomics on steroids?
That's why he wasn't elected.
Poor teabaggers.
Obamacare Call Center Hiring Part-Time Workers, Not Providing Healthcare..., hahaha OBAMA: Everyone will have healthcare..........except people I hire.

Paris

#6 Jul 28, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
It’s great to sit back after winning and watch the losers twist in the wind as they try and tell what, why, where and when… LOL…
Romney was a joke of a candidate who was running against a great President who just a year earlier walked to a White House podium to announce that (on his orders) Osama bin Laden had be taken out. I believe that was the night that Obama actually won the 2012 Election… but the 2nd Debate will forever be cherished as the death blow to any hopes of Romney’s people trying to steal the Presidency when Obama said “Please, proceed… LMFAO!!!!!
Scores killed as army launches offensive against Muslim Brotherhood...

Kerry: Egypt at 'pivotal moment' in history..., hope they pivot better than Obama does on jobs.

Paris

#7 Jul 28, 2013
Mitt Romney:”As president, I will create 12 million new jobs.”—Second presidential debate
Mitt Romney:”Government does not create jobs. Government does not create jobs.”— 45 minutes later (Oct. 16, 2012)
He meant by stopping Obama Care and reversing all the job killing regulations his Czars have come up with. With out those we would maybe have the 23 million still out of work........working.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#8 Jul 28, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>He meant by stopping Obama Care and reversing all the job killing regulations his Czars have come up with. With out those we would maybe have the 23 million still out of work........working.
I apologize.

I didn't catch FAUX that week.

So the talking heads could explain what the "wanna-be" teabagger MEANT to say.

But DIDN'T.

Poor teabagger.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#9 Jul 28, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>He meant by stopping Obama Care and reversing all the job killing regulations his Czars have come up with. With out those we would maybe have the 23 million still out of work........working.
Reaganomic deregulation, self regulating businesses worked so well in the past.

Poor teabagger.

“ALL LIVES MATTER!!!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#10 Jul 28, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Are you proud your thug-in-chief?

“ALL LIVES MATTER!!!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#11 Jul 28, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
He could've won if Obama didn't steal the election by commanding the IRS to block tea party donations to Romney and other Republican candidates. Obama should be impeached for sabotaging and undermining a US Presidential election.
Don't forget the "base" not voting for Romney. I hope their protest of not showing up to vote was worth it!

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#12 Jul 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Reaganomic deregulation, self regulating businesses worked so well in the past.
Poor teabagger.
You are absolutely right.

Reagan's economic policies amounted to the most successful economic experiment in world history. The Reagan recovery started in official records in November 1982, and lasted 92 months without a recession until July 1990, when the tax increases of the 1990 budget deal killed it. This set a new record for the longest peacetime expansion ever, the previous high in peacetime being 58 months. During this seven-year recovery, the economy grew by almost one-third, the equivalent of adding the entire economy of West Germany, the third-largest in the world at the time, to the U.S. economy. In 1984 alone real economic growth boomed by 6.8%, the highest in 50 years. Nearly 20 million new jobs were created during the recovery, increasing U.S. civilian employment by almost 20%. Unemployment fell to 5.3% by 1989.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#14 Jul 28, 2013
SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely right.
Reagan's economic policies amounted to the most successful economic experiment in world history. The Reagan recovery started in official records in November 1982, and lasted 92 months without a recession until July 1990, when the tax increases of the 1990 budget deal killed it. This set a new record for the longest peacetime expansion ever, the previous high in peacetime being 58 months. During this seven-year recovery, the economy grew by almost one-third, the equivalent of adding the entire economy of West Germany, the third-largest in the world at the time, to the U.S. economy. In 1984 alone real economic growth boomed by 6.8%, the highest in 50 years. Nearly 20 million new jobs were created during the recovery, increasing U.S. civilian employment by almost 20%. Unemployment fell to 5.3% by 1989.
Reagan's "experiment" resulted in the worst recession since 1929.

George topped that in 2006.

Nov. 1982?

In December of the same year, the unemployment rate was 10.8%.

The year with the highest average unemployment rate was 1982 with an average unemployment rate of 9.71%

Reaganomics, worse than the POS it was named after.

The POS began outsourcing U.S. jobs.

Negotiating with our enemies.

Helping Al-Qaeda.

Paris

#15 Jul 28, 2013
<quoted text>I apologize.

I didn't catch FAUX that week.

So the talking heads could explain what the "wanna-be" teabagger MEANT to say.

But DIDN'T.

Poor teabagger.
It's not uncommon for low information voters to not under adult conversation. We understand pookie.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#16 Jul 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Reagan's "experiment" resulted in the worst recession since 1929.
Nov. 1982?
The year with the highest average unemployment rate was 1982 with an average unemployment rate of 9.71%
Helping Al-Qaeda.
The success of an experiment should be measured by its results, not the conditions extant at its beginning.
Unemployment may have been over 10% in dec 1982, but what was it seven years later ; after Reagan's policies were put in place? Nearly 20 million new jobs were created during the recovery, increasing U.S. civilian employment by almost 20%. Unemployment fell to 5.3% by 1989.

Biggest difference between Reagan and Obama? Reagan actually did something rather than whine about the situation Carter left him.

Paris

#17 Jul 28, 2013
<quoted text>Reaganomic deregulation, self regulating businesses worked so well in the past.

Poor teabagger.
Clinton deregulated banks pookie. Don't try to lie about things you don't even comprehend.

Paris

#18 Jul 28, 2013
<quoted text>Reagan's "experiment" resulted in the worst recession since 1929.

Nov. 1982?

Helping Al-Qaeda.
BS
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#19 Jul 28, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not uncommon for low information voters to not under adult conversation. We understand pookie.
As the "NO information" voters continue to parrot "NO information" teabagger talking heads.

I'll pass.

Poor teabagger.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#21 Jul 28, 2013
SirPrize wrote:
Biggest difference between Reagan and Obama? Reagan actually did something rather than whine about the situation Carter left him.
Yeah, Reagan made it worse, much worse.

But of course, it wasn't his fault... he was made out of Teflon.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#22 Jul 28, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton deregulated banks pookie. Don't try to lie about things you don't even comprehend.
The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, also known as the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999 was enacted on November 12, 1999 following extensive lobbying by investment banks and other financial services companies.

The Act repealed the legal restrictions on combining banking and financial service firms of the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933. This allowing commercial banks, investment banks, securities companies and insurance companies to merge with each other.

The Glass-Steagall Act had prohibited any company from acting as both an investment bank and a commercial bank. Both were prohibited from owning insurance companies by the Bank Holding Company Act of 1956.

The final act passed the Senate 90-8, and the House 362-57, more than sufficient to override any veto by President Bill Clinton.

Poor teabagger.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What rights do immigrants in the US have? 8 min USA 35
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min Limbertwig 194,082
News 'We can't be intimidated' 41 min payme 117
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 41 min disastermaster 1,277,682
News CAIR Calls for Protection of Tennessee Muslims ... 1 hr flame of truth 27
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr Aura Mytha 173,954
News Public Invited to Comment on Flood Maps for the... 1 hr teresa 1
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Quirky 341,396
News White House says Mount McKinley to be renamed D... 5 hr Joe Balls 147
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 5 hr NoahLikesPi 377
More from around the web