Will continue to think of themselves ...

Will continue to think of themselves as "Mexican' even after years in the U.S. legally

There are 412 comments on the WGMZ-FM Gadsden story from Feb 6, 2013, titled Will continue to think of themselves as "Mexican' even after years in the U.S. legally. In it, WGMZ-FM Gadsden reports that:

There has been a lot of talk lately about a 'path to citizenship' in the new immigration reform law, but a new study by the Pew Research Hispanic Center says most immigrants from Mexico, who make up the bulk of illegal immigrants, are not interested in becoming U.S. citizens.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGMZ-FM Gadsden.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#62 Feb 6, 2013
ima wrote:
<quoted text> STOP! You are lowering your standards!
I know you're bilingual. You speak English and Ignorance.
barnes

United States

#63 Feb 6, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>How does somebody with little education take all the jobs that require...an education????
A very good question ...almost 90% of americans is graduate from highschool and have bacheloor and master degree .do u think they want to pick up vagetable and some strawbery or wash some dishes.HELL NO...even if they dont have a job .theyre not gonna take that kind of job.just waiting for goverment fund ..including my friends ....just to be fair...see what happen in georgia.alabama.arizona and other ,farmers complain nobody want to work in field.... period ..
barnes

United States

#64 Feb 6, 2013
tex mex wrote:
<quoted text>
i would rather b a republican that believes in working for what i get, not on medecaid welfare or unemployment y se dice el nopal en la cara. i pay federal every week n ilegals pay zero u hear me zero, but some how they get a tax refund
What a stupid statement .nobody can get tax refund unless you pay taxx.period...

“Legals against Illegals!”

Since: Dec 11

Willing to stand and Fight!

#65 Feb 6, 2013
"The number one reason cited is language barriers,” researcher Mark Lopez said.“Many of them are not English proficient.”

Just another excuse they use to not learn English,they are to damn lazy and they expect America/Americans to lern spanish and they get translations on every thing.

"Lopez says the nearly $680 cost of going thru the citizenship process is also a barrier to many immigrants from Mexico."

Yet they can pat thousands of dollors to some coyote to lead them over here!

Sign petitions to enforce immigration laws,impeach Obama and more!

http://americanmove.webs.com/thepage.htm
illegal american

Jersey City, NJ

#66 Feb 6, 2013
nothing is going to happen ...no progress ..media make money all make money..do one thing ..dont waste time in such things....go for work and serve your family...and be happy in whichever situation your are now ..wether illegal or legal..all are liers and all are making money on this matter.. say thanx to god our lord

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#67 Feb 7, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not buying your charade that every illegal pays thousands to a coyote either. You watch too much Nat Geo Border Wars.
Actually, I never watched that program. Come on, how many times have we read articles telling how at one time or another they got deported, and hired another smuggler to get back here? I don't have to make this stuff up. I stand firm, the money they spend on coyotes would be better served feeding their families, instead of leaving them with uncertainty and no other prospects.
tex mex

Baton Rouge, LA

#68 Feb 7, 2013
barnes wrote:
<quoted text>
What a stupid statement .nobody can get tax refund unless you pay taxx.period...
u better do ur research that not a stupid statement like i said i know people who do it using itin# its the truth. all u have to do is claim alot of dependents and get the child tax credit. these dependents dont even live in america.

“KONA, baby!”

Since: Jul 08

Jacksonville, FL

#69 Feb 7, 2013
Befree wrote:
I love to read all of this postings, It is interesting to know how much hate there is between different races. It only makes me want to comment and defend my own race (Mexicans) but in the other hand I don't want to lower my standards because neither the white race or the brown race are right.
Mexican is a nationality, not a race.
The stupid is strong in you.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#70 Feb 7, 2013
barnes wrote:
<quoted text>
Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), ranking member of the Senate Finance Committee, On Friday announced plans to examine the refunds.

“The disconcerting findings in this report demand immediate attention and action from Congress and the Obama Administration,” Hatch said in a statement..“With our debt standing at over $14.5 trillion and counting, it’s outrageous that the IRS is handing out refundable tax credits...to those who aren’t even eligible to work in this country.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/federal-e...
Anonymous

Wilmette, IL

#71 Feb 7, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
"They can't even talk proper English !!!!"
I like that. You do not see enough irony in political discourse. I appreciate somebody who intentionally uses terrible English while commenting on other people's ability to speak the language. It is positively Dylanesque.
I am puzzled by your comments about "my tax dollars going to the illegals attending the University I decided to attend".
What does that mean? As you know unless they are living in a tent somewhere illegal immigrants are paying the same property and school taxes as everybody else. They either pay it directly or through their landlord. Do you really think they should be required to pay these taxes, but still be denied an education? If that is the case then all you are really doing is asking them to subsidize you.
Try working,taking care of an elderly father and juggling other things on an every day basis,,, you would be tired,half asleep too, instead of sitting on this forum for hours criticizing others.
barnes

United States

#72 Feb 7, 2013
tex mex wrote:
<quoted text>
u better do ur research that not a stupid statement like i said i know people who do it using itin# its the truth. all u have to do is claim alot of dependents and get the child tax credit. these dependents dont even live in america.
My point is they pay tax using id tax number .so they get tax refund...the statement say they dont pay tax but they can get tax refund... thats why i said is a stupid statement
barnes

United States

#73 Feb 7, 2013
tex mex wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the way when you pay tax using an idtax number no matter you have how many kids u cant get tax credit ..check with your accountant .what ever you pay tax,thats what you pay.unless you have ssn like we are..
Magadala

Auburn, WA

#75 Feb 7, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were certainly some pointed questions you had for the poster. Inappropriate and based on your own prejudices, but pointed never the less.
Here is a question for you. What did you do to earn your US citizenship? Please describe your naturalization process in detail. We would all like to hear how you did it.
Simple, I was born here from parents who were American citizens, whose parents were American citizens, whose parents were American citizens...My lineage goes back seven generations in America! Answer you question?!!!
No se puede

El Paso, TX

#76 Feb 7, 2013
Chula wrote:
<quoted text>yep ade ser mas mexicano ke uno pinches chopas burlandose de otros yq ni la chingan estos igual pa magadala de idiotas
NO COMPRENDE Mexican write in English.
Yes, I am a proud American of Mexican descent that will never support the invasion of our country. I and millions more like me will never support the illegal invaders and their cause. My parents were from Mexico but I am in no way Mexican. You illegals think that American Latinos support you but you are mistaken. Typical, you don't even take the time to assimilate. Maybe if you learned how to speak and write in English things would be better for you. Americans are tired of your brazen attitude. You wave your Mexican flags everywhere and put our country down and at the same time you take as much as you can.
This has to stop.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#78 Feb 7, 2013
Magadala wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple, I was born here from parents who were American citizens, whose parents were American citizens, whose parents were American citizens...My lineage goes back seven generations in America! Answer you question?!!!
OK. So it is not like you crossed an ocean or a desert to come here or even passed a test. You were just fortunate enough to be able to draw your first breath here.

On one hand is is good to hear you are in favor or birthright citizenship, but on the other hand it is sad that you have to take credit for things your ancestors did.

Since: Feb 13

Ashburn, VA

#79 Feb 7, 2013
Hiiii
Magadala

Auburn, WA

#80 Feb 7, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. So it is not like you crossed an ocean or a desert to come here or even passed a test. You were just fortunate enough to be able to draw your first breath here.
On one hand is is good to hear you are in favor or birthright citizenship, but on the other hand it is sad that you have to take credit for things your ancestors did.
I am not clear about what you mean when you say, "...it is sad that you have to take credit for things your ancestors did." Your response makes no sense!!! I was directly responding to someone who had "called me out" on how I got to America! What are you smokin'?

Oh, and as far as drawing the "first breath" crap, where you came from could be just as nice if you put your energies into making it so instead of living a criminal life in America?
Magadala

Auburn, WA

#81 Feb 7, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S., Where did the birthright citizenship come from? I never said anything about it!
Juan

Pearland, TX

#82 Feb 7, 2013
Those of us who came as infants should be given amnesty, we had no choice.
ima

El Paso, TX

#83 Feb 7, 2013
No se puede wrote:
<quoted text>
NO COMPRENDE Mexican write in English.
Yes, I am a proud American of Mexican descent that will never support the invasion of our country. I and millions more like me will never support the illegal invaders and their cause. My parents were from Mexico but I am in no way Mexican. You illegals think that American Latinos support you but you are mistaken. Typical, you don't even take the time to assimilate. Maybe if you learned how to speak and write in English things would be better for you. Americans are tired of your brazen attitude. You wave your Mexican flags everywhere and put our country down and at the same time you take as much as you can.
This has to stop.
Super post!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Teaman 1,406,168
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 4 min Retired SOF 341
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min IB DaMann 60,669
News Trump would like to 'hit' DNC speakers who disp... 10 min Lawrence Wolf 21
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 10 min mdbuilder 391,733
News Are Democrats funnier than Republicans? 11 min Retired SOF 3
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min IND 233,668
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 18 min Black Russian 5,757
News Poll: Trump supporters unfazed by reversal on s... 31 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 329
More from around the web