Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Comments (Page 1,209)

Showing posts 24,161 - 24,180 of29,913
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
History did not begin the day you were born.
All those Poor Creatures that used to live in the Oceans that covered Arizona, New Mexico, and about 1/3 of the land masses on Earth are in agreement with you.
Global warming, er Global (What is the Current Vernacular of you Sheeple....Global?) cannot be a part of the Cycle of Life......It must be the Evil Humans that God put on this Planet!
Keep YOUR "Earth Religions" to yourself.
"We the People" demand that your Religion stops being Officially Recognized as our State Religion!
Lemme say this in a way that you will better understand.....Bahayahayhhhhaa ahhh!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/envi ronment/interactive/2013/may/1 0/climate-warming-gas-carbon-d ioxide-levels-interactive
Awful Truth

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
Is there something on the Link you provided which is derived from the Religious Doctrine of you Zealots?

I am not gonna click your link.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Folks, this is how a denier stays loyal to fossil fuel propaganda.

Sad.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/interac...
Who

Wyoming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Folks, this is how a denier stays loyal to fossil fuel propaganda.
Sad.
So you don't use anything that uses "fossil fuels" at all? Is this what you want us to believe?

So you walk everywhere you want to go?
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't. Such zealots like yourself could be seriously damaged by thoughts or facts opposing your ideology or mythologies. I wouldn't want you to harm yourself by reading anything relevant.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Who wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't use anything that uses "fossil fuels" at all? Is this what you want us to believe?
So you walk everywhere you want to go?
I like exaggeration, it means they have no point and are willing to go to stupid extremes to prove it.

So(comma), do you have anything intelligent ?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there something on the Link you provided which is derived from the Religious Doctrine of you Zealots?
Your 'infinite planet' religion is going to kill all of us. The biggest threat to property rights is increasing human population and the increasing ecological footprint of people in wealthy nations. No one has a right to impose harm, damage and loss on other people, so your right to do as you want with your property ends right where my right to be held free from harm begins. When there were only a billion people on the planet, you could do just about anything you wanted on your bit of the planet because there was plenty of pristine nature (and plenty of ecosystem services) left after you did it. On a planet where ecosystem services are increasingly rare, any further diminishment of them imposes harm and loss on others, so there's a legitimate rationale for regulating how people use their property. If you want to increase the range of private property rights, you ought to work to control population growth and to control economic growth.

Of course, if you are part of the "Infinite Planet" party, you don't think that's necessary. Infinite Planet types think we can have our cake (growth, growth, growth) and eat it (property rights and other freedoms) too. Good luck! History and reality are proving that they are delusional. Check this out: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-p...

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Back to the main point; there has never been an experimental test of climate change mitigation or man made global climate change published in any peer reviewed journal. That's how you can know climate change mitigation is a hoax; don't buy a pig in a poke.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Back to the main point; there has never been an experimental test of climate change mitigation or man made global climate change published in any peer reviewed journal. That's how you can know climate change mitigation is a hoax; don't buy a pig in a poke.
Back to my main point; there has never been a responsive reply to my repeated eviscerations of this moronic and deceptive point - which besides all the political drivel and conspiracism is the only point that you have. That's how you can know that Lyin' Brian is lyin'; don't listen to a pig-pokin' a-hole.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

DFL Waste wrote:
<quoted text>
Last spring ALL the PHDs were screaming: "See See we are having a record breaking warm spring".
So to apply the same science his record setting COLD spring MUST BE PROOF of Global Cooling, correct?
Now don't BS us with the science is diffrent because it's 2013 or some such non-sense.
Minnesota lakes still have ICE. Fishermen won't be able to fish from a boat. This is serious stuff. FACTS, ICE it's cold hard frozen water.
NOT GLOBAL WARMING!!
Moron ignores all refutations.

Moron ignores all demands to support his bare assertions.

Moron posts no science whatsoever.

Moron repeats all bare assertions and false scientific claims VERBATIM as if refutations were never made and as if no support for his claims are necessary.

MORON CONCEDES.

Thanks for playing, moron. Now go back to diddling your sister.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Lap Puppy,
Woof-Woof!
er
Yap, Yap!
Go clean your bottom
Your science is so compelling.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
History did not begin the day you were born.
All those Poor Creatures that used to live in the Oceans that covered Arizona, New Mexico, and about 1/3 of the land masses on Earth are in agreement with you.
Global warming, er Global (What is the Current Vernacular of you Sheeple....Global?) cannot be a part of the Cycle of Life......It must be the Evil Humans that God put on this Planet!
Keep YOUR "Earth Religions" to yourself.
"We the People" demand that your Religion stops being Officially Recognized as our State Religion!
Lemme say this in a way that you will better understand.....Bahayahayhhhhaa ahhh!
Nice science, bozo. Fact - it was shown well over a decade ago that it's statistically impossible for the warming to be caused by anything other than man's GHG emissions. And they perfectly explain it. I understand the science. You exemplify the Dunning-Kruger Effect by thinking you're smarter than a million PHD's.

Judging from your asinine characterization of science as religion, I'll bet that you're a creatard. Right?
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is this hard Fighting DOJO Master, Slewblomkin?
Our Slewblomkin is a lonely little Pasty Gray Fellow, Un Married, probably a Homosexual that Hates himself, sitting in the Basement of his Home with 2-3 computer screens in front of him.
One Screen has the "Day Traders Ticker" on it, one screen is dedicated to one of the Low Cost Stock Trading Sites on the Web, the last screen has Topix, where he comes on and abuses strangers from his Darkened World in his Basement.
He is a Degenerate Gambler doing Day Trading like a Junkie!
He loses more that he wins, and that is when he really goes off on strangers here who have lives that remind him of his miserable existence in the Basement.
He HATES!, and he tosses out an occasional Leftist Political Perspective, but he is here for the HATE, and he could just as easily toss out Right Wing Perspectives to draw attention to himself.
He needs the stimulation.
Negative or Positive is not important to him. He is a Junkie that just needs Stimulation, and Topix is a readily available source of stimulation for him
I am not being mean when I call him a Sociopath. He has his own little prison in front of those screens, feeding his "Habit".
Thus IMMR, and his other posts about "MONEY". As a dedicated Collectivist, he would not brag about his "MONEY". He is no more a Leftist than a Rightist. He is an Addict.
IMMR is his way of connecting to someone, ANYONE.
He hit the Jackpot on the Slot Machine with IMMR, and he needs to brag about it, but there is nobody in his darkened Basement to Brag too. Topix Victims take the place of living humans, who he cannot interact with because he is feeding his habit all day.
If he made money on paper with IMMR, he will gamble it away, as all Day Traders do.....Then "WE" will really PAY for his pain.
This is one sick Addict that does not leave his basement except for food which he eats at his Screens. I bet he defecates in a Bucket, and keeps Pajama's on all day so that it is easy to slip um down at toilet/bucket time.
The Sociopath may well receive compensation from Topix for posts. He is sitting in front of the screens 16/7, why not make a buck or two off Web Providers.....Topix is probably not the only site that he gets paid for.
You will note that Slewblomkin does his Psycho Rabid Fast Posts at certain times of the day.
Always before 8:00 AM, after 9:30 AM until 10:30 AM, or after 4:00 Pm when the Market is closed and his Ticker is not Current.
This cycle is repeated EVERY day and it is tied to his Addiction as a Degenerate Gambler doing Day Trading in his Jammies, down in the Basement.
Nice OT rant, wingnut. Science content = 0. STFU.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>I am not gonna click your link.
Of course not. Dogmatic thinkers avoid learning at all costs.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Back to the main point; ..
400 ppm May 10, 2013 : 10:25 AM

Yesterday, for the first time in human history, concentrations of carbon dioxide, the primary global warming pollutant, hit 400 parts per million in our planet's atmosphere. This number is a reminder that for the last 150 years -- and especially over the last several decades -- we have been recklessly polluting the protective sheath of atmosphere that surrounds the Earth and protects the conditions that have fostered the flourishing of our civilization. We are altering the composition of our atmosphere at an unprecedented rate. Indeed, every single day we pour an additional 90 million tons of global warming pollution into the sky as if it were an open sewer. As the distinguished climate scientist Jim Hansen has calculated, the accumulated manmade global warming pollution in the atmosphere now traps enough extra heat energy each day to equal the energy that would be released by 400,000 Hiroshima-scale atomic bombs exploding every single day. It's a big planet -- but that is a LOT of energy. And it is having a destructive effect.

Now, more than ever before, we are reaping the consequences of our recklessness. From Superstorm Sandy which crippled New York City and large areas of New Jersey, to a drought which parched more than half of our nation; from a flood that inundated large swaths of Australia to rising seas affecting millions around the world, the reality of the climate crisis is upon us.

Our food systems, our cities, our people and our very way of life developed within a stable range of climatic conditions on Earth. Without immediate and decisive action, these favorable conditions on Earth could become a memory if we continue to make the climate crisis worse day after day after day.

With any great challenge comes great opportunity. We have the rare privilege to rise to an occasion of global magnitude. To do so, our communities, our businesses, our universities, and our governments need to work in harmony to stop the climate crisis. We must summon the very best of the human spirit and draw on our courage, our ingenuity, our intellect, and our determination to confront this crisis. Make no mistake, this crisis will demand no less than our very best. I am optimistic because we have risen to meet the greatest challenges of our past.

So please, take this day and the milestone it represents to reflect on the fragility of our civilization and and the planetary ecosystem on which it depends. Rededicate yourself to the task of saving our future. Talk to your neighbors, call your legislator, let your voice be heard. We must take immediate action to solve this crisis. Not tomorrow, not next week, not next year. Now.

[Al Gore]

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>No, your incoherence is the ultimate.
You are ant slow tonight.
don't fault me for moving slowly.
i only do it for you. maybe then you'll catch on to the "joke" you've swallowed hook, line, and sinker.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Typical denier.... SAD/STUPID & a drunk !!!
These scientists are heroes of person kind. They care about our planet and have no ulterior motive. We need to pass the Fairness Doctrine so Fox News and others bought by Big Oil will no longer brainwash the sheep.
this looks and smells like litesongs "sock" PUPPET!

litesong is always reflective. he never brings science to the table (cause i don't think he really knows much about it).

and he refers to scientists as heros!!! i bet barry is a hero, too. to the sockpuppet. lol let's see what the lapdog thinks about his hero when obamacare has been in place for a decade.

Speaking of brainwashed! wow, that would be an understatement for these characters.
Awful Truth

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Folks, this is how a denier stays loyal to fossil fuel propaganda.
Sad.
Bahayhaayhhayhhh, Iddiot!
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
But, but, but, Brian, last week you believed in mitigation!

You said CO2 had prevented the next ice age!

Are you confused?
Storm Warning

De Forest, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Honest Liberal wrote:
These scientists are heros of person kind. They care about our planet and have no ulterior motive. We need to pass the Fairness Doctrine so Fox News and others bought by Big Oil will no longer brainwash the sheep.
well well another self proclaimed genius, you can pull your head out a your butt long enough to explain to my why they chose Lenin's birthday to celebrate on ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 24,161 - 24,180 of29,913
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••