Laura Ingraham: The center Isn't the answer for the GOP

May 1, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Washington Times

PBS's program Intelligence Squared pitted The New York Times writer David Brooks and former Congressman Mickey Edwards against radio host Laura Ingraham and Faith & Freedom Coalition founder and chairman Ralph Reed.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 80 of483
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Far Away wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, Larry, what's good for the people is apparently unknown to about 52% of the population as evidenced by the 2008 and 2012 presidential elections. More unfortunately, what's good for the people will only be made manifest to at least some of that 52% when the consequences of this administration's policies--both foreign and domestic--are proved out to be the disaster they have portended to the educated among us. By educated, I mean those of us who have at least a basic grasp of history, economics, world events and personal responsibility.
please elaborate on these foreign policies that turned out to be disasters...
Cujo

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Palin was the only reason McCain did as well as he did. Before Palin, McCain could barely get 100 people to a rally, after Palin Tens of thousands showed up.
We will run a "rightie". Because you Leftists are about to overplay your hand. We the People are about to kick your teeth in.
Your side doesn't know the meaning of "we the people". Your side is all about "me, the person", and f*ck everyone else. let them fend for themselves and mind your own business, unless it's what a woman wants to do to their own body, what a person does in their bedroom, or blocking someones civil liberties to suit your own religious agenda.
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>please elaborate on these foreign policies that turned out to be disasters...
To name a few:

No status of forces agreement in Iraq

Egypt is controlled by the Muslim Brotherhood

Libya is a train-wreck

Ambassador Stevens and three other Americans dead

Syria will also soon be run by Al Qaeda

"Israel should return to its '67 borders."

et al., ad infinitum, ad nauseum

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Ms Fluke is not a contributing editor at any network, does not get paid for public appearances, and does not have a TV studio built in her house. Justifying belligerent comments about her by trying to compare her to Sarah Palin is absurd.
No, she has Pelosi and the liberal press touting her agenda of lying before members of congress.....so funny,$3000 a year for pills when in reality you can get them for $9 a month.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>please elaborate on these foreign policies that turned out to be disasters...
Benghazi, Egypt, Libya and Syria.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Poor pookie, lying to try and fool the low information voters again.
How so, Le Roadkill?
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So I ask again, what conservative state has endured longer than the US son?
Any idea?
Because it would seem if what you're claiming is true, you'd be able to point to a state and say that's who the US should emulate to be prosperous.
Show me that 'easy' road.
I apologize. You can ask me a question on a conservative state while deflecting the progressive/marxist/communist one that will transform into gulag state. So i ask you the same question. You see son, there are balances to anything. We had a good bead on the relationship between government and the private side. Even with flaws. In our attempt to fix the system we let the corruption we accuse of the rich side and it is true infiltrate the working and poverty level. So we tax our neighbor to pay for our neighbor and our semi working neighbor and our semi poverty neighbor and our poverty neighbor with no restrictions on playing the system set up. You see son, i enjoy the abuses our vastly increasing uniform are doing to the general population. It is fun to watch. The idea is not to be the one blamed for the demise of a once great nation that now lives off of massive bullying around the world and home.
Responsibility

Burlingame, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text> Justifying belligerent comments about her by trying to compare her to Sarah Palin is absurd.
You are right - there is no comparison between Ms. Fluke and Palin. The former is well educated, well qualified, speaks in sentences, and speaks up on important issues.

Palin has proved she is out of her depth on many issues and - in her (in)famy she should have used her publicity platform to speak up on issues which are important. If need be, she should write those spin words on her hand so she can remember them.

I hope Ms. Fluke will continue to speak up ...
Responsibility

Burlingame, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
That Man hadn't so much as ran a lemonade stand.
Dear, I don't vote for lemonade stands but look at a varied career which included community organizer, civil-rights lawyer and teacher and Senator which on top of being well educated seems to be a good start for considering voting for a president.

You folks will continue with this nonsense after eight years of this president "running the country" which seems to have some kudos, n'est-ce pas?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Far Away wrote:
<quoted text>
To name a few:
No status of forces agreement in Iraq
Egypt is controlled by the Muslim Brotherhood
Libya is a train-wreck
Ambassador Stevens and three other Americans dead
Syria will also soon be run by Al Qaeda
"Israel should return to its '67 borders."
et al., ad infinitum, ad nauseum
and how did Obama's policies cause the issue in Egypt or Libya? or the benghazi attack?

parroting media soundbytes is not really what an"educated" person would do,is it?
Justin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Far Away wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservatives and center-right folks like me need you to tell us what's wrong with the conservative movement? Pffft... don't flatter yourself.
Don't take it personally, Mrs. Alaska, but reaching out to independents is more important than "firing up the conservative base". I think it's safe to say that every Republican (right and center) showed up to vote for Romney in 2012. The problem is that Romney was surrounded by so many goof balls, and Romney did a poor job of distancing himself from the nonsense remarks coming from his own party.

Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, Fox News: do you honestly think these guys are GOP assets?

Back in the 80's and early 90's there was no equivalent. We didn't need them. What these guys have done is dumn down the party.
Billy Ringo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Palin/Bachmann - 2016 <---- damn mavericky.

conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Billy Ringo wrote:
boy howdy!

hahahahahahahahaha

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

The JuiceFree WhiteHouse is back to making threats, the BeghaziDECEPTION will be investigated against his will and against the will of Secretary Clinton. They may start a new SyrianWar but errors were made and you, were in charge.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> I apologize. You can ask me a question on a conservative state while deflecting the progressive/marxist/communist one that will transform into gulag state. So i ask you the same question. You see son, there are balances to anything. We had a good bead on the relationship between government and the private side. Even with flaws. In our attempt to fix the system we let the corruption we accuse of the rich side and it is true infiltrate the working and poverty level. So we tax our neighbor to pay for our neighbor and our semi working neighbor and our semi poverty neighbor and our poverty neighbor with no restrictions on playing the system set up. You see son, i enjoy the abuses our vastly increasing uniform are doing to the general population. It is fun to watch. The idea is not to be the one blamed for the demise of a once great nation that now lives off of massive bullying around the world and home.
The difference here son is you've declared progressives "bad" while proclaiming "conservatism" good.

It's your position so please don't deflect away from the point YOU were trying to make.

Unfortunately for you son, if you enjoy the fruits of a country, it automatically comes with benefits some enjoy and others don't from time to time.

It's the nature of a civilized society.

Now if want every man for himself, I suggest a place like Somalia where you have limited government and very little "spreading of the wealth".

And clearly, you still can't find a valid example of what a good conservative country can do other than your personal political opinion. And as long as they remain that way, that's just fine....
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Billy Ringo wrote:
lol! What a bunch of nags!

“Kenyan-born Obama=Antichrist”

Since: Sep 09

Casper, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>HELLO in there! Can you show me where in the Constitution the right to run for the presidency is based on the father's or mother's country of origin? All that matters is that the candidate is born in this country. Over! Are you receiving me?
Yes, yes, I know Obama was really born in the fiery inferno of Hades, and bears the mark of Zorro on his hiney.
I know better than to ask for your birth certificate. But I would like to know where your parts were manufactured. Until then, you'll have to remain in restraints.
Happy Hallucinating,
Chucky the Antichrist.
Article 2 requires any presidential candidate be a "natural-born Citizen" of the U.S. which means both BOTH parents must have been U.S. citizens when that candidate was born on U.S. soil.
The word 'natural" means without adulteration, undoubted, and that is why Obama is NOT a "natural-born citizen" of the United States of America. By the letter of the law, at the time, he was born a British Subject before he became an Indonesian. The Hawaiian Birth Certificate is forged and this bisexual thug is using yet another of numerous fake Social Security numbers. Trump, Pat Boone, Alan Keyes, Sheriff Joe Arpaio were all correct when they publicly proclaimed "Obama is illegal." Thanks to the Freemasons we have this usurping despot ushering in the NWO as Big Brother.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

WelbyMD wrote:
<quoted text>Article 2 requires any presidential candidate be a "natural-born Citizen" of the U.S. which means both BOTH parents must have been U.S. citizens when that candidate was born on U.S. soil.
The word 'natural" means without adulteration, undoubted, and that is why Obama is NOT a "natural-born citizen" of the United States of America. By the letter of the law, at the time, he was born a British Subject before he became an Indonesian. The Hawaiian Birth Certificate is forged and this bisexual thug is using yet another of numerous fake Social Security numbers. Trump, Pat Boone, Alan Keyes, Sheriff Joe Arpaio were all correct when they publicly proclaimed "Obama is illegal." Thanks to the Freemasons we have this usurping despot ushering in the NWO as Big Brother.
lol! Yep. It's ol' 50 year conspiracy theory again!
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>The difference here son is you've declared progressives "bad" while proclaiming "conservatism" good.
It's your position so please don't deflect away from the point YOU were trying to make.
Unfortunately for you son, if you enjoy the fruits of a country, it automatically comes with benefits some enjoy and others don't from time to time.
It's the nature of a civilized society.
Now if want every man for himself, I suggest a place like Somalia where you have limited government and very little "spreading of the wealth".
And clearly, you still can't find a valid example of what a good conservative country can do other than your personal political opinion. And as long as they remain that way, that's just fine....
Shut your alinsky diseased ass. I am only documenting our end of what we had. nothing more. You had your chance and still do for the last six years to clean up the system. They are the same. They listen to their rich masters while taking resources from the responsible middle class to give to the irresponsible middle class and poor and the rich. Well we are joining the crowd. We are al going to collect. And cheat and become corrupted to the hilt. This is war. And in war you help to bring down the tyranny as the tyranny must take place first to experience freedom again. Besides, police states are romantic in theory. When this is over, other nations in th world will be writing novels and movies for many many decades denigrating us like we do to Germany and the NAZIS. We will never live it down. Unfortunately, the name of the game is to not be the group or groups blamed for our fall from paradise. So get the president to get rid of all of the tyranny laws and Homeland Security and anything else related and we can start to talk. Get the President to give back the wealth stolen from honest men and women who paid down their debts and took a beating for be prudent and we can talk. Raide the prime rate up to 7 or 8per cent so we can get fair interest returns on our savings/investments and we can talk. So tell me about Somalia while you steal everything I got and tens of millions of others and more.
conservative crapola

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

WelbyMD wrote:
<quoted text>
You remain wrong.

hahahahahahahahahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of483
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••