Roberts: Health care is not a right

There are 290 comments on the Politico story from Jul 3, 2012, titled Roberts: Health care is not a right. In it, Politico reports that:

"The mandate is not a legal command to buy insurance," Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in his health care ruling Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Politico.

Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#256 Jul 5, 2012
Tony wrote:
Republicans want to keep the current failed health care where for profit insurance executives control a persons health care not a doctor. Republicans receive millions in contributions from the health care industry that bribe them.
Rep. Bobby Rush has called for a congressional hearing into allegations that the University of Chicago Medical Center refused treatment to low-income, uninsured patients.

The issue has been a widespread problem in hospitals throughout the country, Rush said in the May 25 letter to Rep. Ed Towns (D-N.Y.), chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. Rush said "the pervasive impact of patient dumping are felt especially in more recent times, when so many Americans suffer under extreme economic hardship and diminishing access to health care."

At issue is the hospital's Urban Health Initiative, which steers patients who lack private insurance -- primarily poor blacks -- to other facilities.

The move puts Rush at odds with several people in President Obama's inner circle. First lady Michelle Obama, as an executive at the U. of C. Hospitals, helped create the program. White House adviser Valerie Jarrett signed off on the program when she was the hospital board's chairwoman. White House senior adviser David Axelrod was hired to promote the program. And Obama's buddy Dr. Eric Whitaker currently runs the program.

Trust me the abuse of US Citizens will continue check out this Hotbed of Left wing liberals and their abuse of poor Black folks??
Crickets are chirping on this post,no one has the balls to check it
LOL..RE
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#257 Jul 5, 2012
ima wrote:
<quoted text> we're losing our freedoms,
I still have the freedoms today that I had yesterday and three years ago.

I also have the "freedom" of paying a healthy chunk of my savings on health care to the tune of $25,000 a year.

I would love to "lose" that expensive only-in-America freedom!
barry

Henagar, AL

#258 Jul 5, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>He will still be held back by checks and balances built into our Constitution. Even if he is reelected, it is doubtful he will have enough of a majority in either the Senate or House to ram any such ideas (if they even exist) down the people's throats.
constitution? he selectively enforces only those laws that he likes. he skips congress on appointments and ignores them on other issues. he knows that the media and hollywood have his back and that his opponents have no backbone. the constitution is outdated and a pain in the neck to him.
barry

Henagar, AL

#259 Jul 5, 2012
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
I still have the freedoms today that I had yesterday and three years ago.
I also have the "freedom" of paying a healthy chunk of my savings on health care to the tune of $25,000 a year.
I would love to "lose" that expensive only-in-America freedom!
why don't you just stop paying it and save it instead. pay it as you need it.
but you can't can you?
harvey

Columbus, OH

#260 Jul 5, 2012
Of course it is, if we DECIDE it is. And we should show some courage, step up, and MAKE that decision.

To do otherwise is inhuman. Which is why the Right opposes a health-care right, of course.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#261 Jul 5, 2012
RayOne wrote:
<quoted text>He should resign, AFTER, the next election. The SC should also reEvaluate the mission and structure of those appointed. At the time of its creation life expectancy was very different.
Scalia should have resigned after his cowardly, outrageous partisan screed against Obama at the time three of four provisions of the Arizona anti-immigrant law were struck down. His attack on Obama was shameless, a clear display of his inability to judge anything fairly.

And if he should go, obviously so should his houseboy Clarence.

flbadcatowner

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#262 Jul 5, 2012
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Scalia should have resigned after his cowardly, outrageous partisan screed against Obama at the time three of four provisions of the Arizona anti-immigrant law were struck down. His attack on Obama was shameless, a clear display of his inability to judge anything fairly.
And if he should go, obviously so should his houseboy Clarence.
I share your disdain of Thomas and Scalia, but Kagan is no prize either. I am sure Obama could have done much better in nominating a Supreme Court justice.
reinhard gehlen

Gwinn, MI

#263 Jul 5, 2012
Captain_Morgan02 wrote:
<quoted text>
He is only hiding his real preference to maintain an acceptable appearance prior to November. If he gets a second term his true colors will come through.
All you rightwing racist Fascists are going down this time. get used to it The times they are a changing. Evidence of Revision (5 of 5):RFK assassination, MK ULTRA +...
Evidence of Revision (5 of 5):RFK assassination, MK ULTRA + Jonestown
massacre. 1:20:12 - 5 years ago. This is the mindblowing 5-part video
documentary ...

http://video.google.com/videoplay... - 65k - Cached - Similar Pages
EVIDENCE OF REVISION Part 5. The RFK Assassination, MK ...
Aug 15, 2009 ... This video is a response to EVIDENCE OF REVISION Part 5. The RFK
Assassination, MK ULTRA & the Jonestown Massacre. 6 of 11 ...

- 126k - Cached - Similar Pages
Evidence of Revision - Part 5 - The RFK Assassination Continued ...
May 21, 2011 ... Evidence of Revision - Part 5 - The RFK Assassination Continued, Mk ULTRA
And The Jonestown Massacre. ConspiracyScope. Subscribe ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch... - 132k - Cached - Similar Pages
Evidence of Revision 5 of 5 - MK ULTRA and the Jonestown ...
Apr 25, 2012 ... The RFK Assassination Continued, MK ULTRA and the Jonestown ... Evidence of
Revision 5 of 5 - MK ULTRA and the Jonestown Massacre ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch... - 119k
see the light

United States

#264 Jul 5, 2012
reinhard gehlen wrote:
<quoted text>All you rightwing racist Fascists are going down this time. get used to it The times they are a changing. Evidence of Revision (5 of 5):RFK assassination, MK ULTRA +...
Evidence of Revision (5 of 5):RFK assassination, MK ULTRA + Jonestown
massacre. 1:20:12 - 5 years ago. This is the mindblowing 5-part video
documentary ...
http://video.google.com/videoplay... - 65k - Cached - Similar Pages
EVIDENCE OF REVISION Part 5. The RFK Assassination, MK ...
Aug 15, 2009 ... This video is a response to EVIDENCE OF REVISION Part 5. The RFK
Assassination, MK ULTRA & the Jonestown Massacre. 6 of 11 ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0u3XoxCmQ1EXX - 126k - Cached - Similar Pages
Evidence of Revision - Part 5 - The RFK Assassination Continued ...
May 21, 2011 ... Evidence of Revision - Part 5 - The RFK Assassination Continued, Mk ULTRA
And The Jonestown Massacre. ConspiracyScope. Subscribe ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch... - 132k - Cached - Similar Pages
Evidence of Revision 5 of 5 - MK ULTRA and the Jonestown ...
Apr 25, 2012 ... The RFK Assassination Continued, MK ULTRA and the Jonestown ... Evidence of
Revision 5 of 5 - MK ULTRA and the Jonestown Massacre ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch... - 119k
Actually, who has he nominated for anything, thats worked out?
harvey

Columbus, OH

#266 Jul 5, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I share your disdain of Thomas and Scalia, but Kagan is no prize either. I am sure Obama could have done much better in nominating a Supreme Court justice.
I quite agree. I wanted Diane Wood, a far superior and far more experienced Judge.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#268 Jul 5, 2012

Read between the lines people...he is going to come through for us on DOMA. He knows Obamacare will be repealed after the election, so, he's giving us a look into the future, not the current. He will uphold DOMA....
harvey

Columbus, OH

#269 Jul 5, 2012
Get This Fool wrote:
Read between the lines people...he is going to come through for us on DOMA. He knows Obamacare will be repealed after the election, so, he's giving us a look into the future, not the current. He will uphold DOMA....
Spin from a loser. Boring.
Florida

Tampa, FL

#270 Jul 5, 2012
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Spin from a loser. Boring.
Obama "NEW TAX-n-CARE" is the winner you moron... obamacare lost... you loser...
-
Obama "Tax-n-Care"... A Sellout...
-
Obama's "NEW TAX" that can be rescinded or extended like the Bush Tax Cuts...
-
Supremes: ObamaCare not a mandate, it's a "TAX"... Pay it libtards, you loser...
-
Even though more than 20 million Americans will remain uncovered and uninsured...
-
Additional New "15,000 IRS TAX AGENTS"... More obama henchmen, intrusions in tax payer lives...
-
21 New obama Tax Laws you idiots... Against the middle class, poor and All of sold out America you sellout moron...
-
NOW... Soldout "OLD" obamacare, morphed into a broken piece of sellout "Tax-n-Care" legislation.. That can be Rescinded, Revoked, Canceled, or Repealed... you dummy!!
-
'If it ain't broke'...- Fix it until it is'...
-
obama "TAX-n-CARE"...
-
The serendipitous "TAX GIFT" that just keeps on giving...
-
It's the culture...
----------
Obama "Tax-n-Care"..
-
A tax that can be rescinded or extended like the Bush Tax Cuts...
-
obamacare now a broken piece of Tax legislation.. that can be Rescinded, Revoked, Canceled, or Repealed...
-
'If it ain't broke'...- Fix it until it is'...
-
The serendipitous sellout TAX gift that just keeps on giving...
-
It's the culture...
ima

El Paso, TX

#271 Jul 5, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I believe they belonged to a certain troll who was fond of making vulgar personal attacks on others rather than debating the real issues.
#265 AND #267 were also removed! wow we are being monitored. Our freedom of speech is now gone. BAD SIGN.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#272 Jul 5, 2012
FloridaSpammer wrote:
<quoted text>Obama "NEW TAX-n-CARE" is the winner you moron... obamacare lost... you loser...
-
Obama "Tax-n-Care"... A Sellout...
...blah, blah, blah....
It's the culture...
It's the racism, hatred, and obsessive spamming, in your case.
reinhard gehlen

Gwinn, MI

#274 Jul 5, 2012
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
I quite agree. I wanted Diane Wood, a far superior and far more experienced Judge.
GOPs dirty little secret Washington Times Headline June 29, 1989 | NowPublic Photo ...
Mar 2, 2005 ... Washington Times Headline June 29, 1989 by salsa. Original file can be found at
http://www.iapprovethismessiah.com/spence.htm ......

http://www.nowpublic.com/washington_times_hea ...- 42k -

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#275 Jul 5, 2012
Mr America wrote:
Our Government has the right to TAX the S--T out of you, and President Obama is going to do it
Be sure to shout that from the roof tops..........and everywhere else, because Obama is running from his own bill as fast as he can.

Obama being behind 8 points in Cnn's new poll showing Romney ahead in 15 swing states.........you do know what swing states are huh cupcake. Their proving the over used Media Matters electoral map is so passe that it is barly usable as tollet paper.

Paris

#276 Jul 5, 2012
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the racism, hatred, and obsessive spamming, in your case.
the only racist are the blacks that turn from their country to vote their color.......regardless of the crimes and constitutional infringments. If we pay you will you move back to the mud huts.

Paris

#277 Jul 5, 2012
reinhard gehlen wrote:
<quoted text>GOPs dirty little secret Washington Times Headline June 29, 1989 | NowPublic Photo ...
Mar 2, 2005 ... Washington Times Headline June 29, 1989 by salsa. Original file can be found at
http://www.iapprovethismessiah.com/spence.htm ......
http://www.nowpublic.com/washington_times_hea ...- 42k -
Obama being behind 8 points in Cnn's new poll showing Romney ahead in 15 swing states.........you do know what swing states are huh cupcake. Their proving the over used Media Matters electoral map is so passe that it is barly usable as tollet paper.
Bill from NYC

┼kersberga, Sweden

#278 Jul 5, 2012
harvey wrote:
Of course it is, if we DECIDE it is. And we should show some courage, step up, and MAKE that decision.
To do otherwise is inhuman. Which is why the Right opposes a health-care right, of course.
I am a Marine attached to the 44th GS and thank the lord we have 99% liberals who are on the right side, Obamas side. Semper Fi.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump once again wants to cut energy assistance... 4 min Retribution 32
News US grand jury charges 13 Russians with meddling... 4 min Quirky 55
News The Latest: Jimmy Kimmel squarely blames Trump,... 6 min Retribution 17
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Incognito4Ever 1,704,885
News White House Supports Better Background Checks A... 17 min Crazy Marlene 25
News Trump offers 'Dreamers' a path to citizenship, ... 19 min Retribution 250
News Indictment: Social media firms got played by Ru... 30 min C Kersey 29
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Crazy Marlene 59,407
News FBI in public fight with Trump over releasing R... 1 hr big tiki 1,426
News President Donald Trump pauses as he arrives to ... 2 hr DR X 128
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr ThomasA 330,232
More from around the web