Sandra Fluke's DNC Speech Paints Stark Picture of Romney Presidency

Full story: ABC News 2,382
The Georgetown law student shut out of a Congressional hearing on contraception earlier this year is basking in the glow of the Democratic National Convention 's prime time stage. Full Story
Ocean56

AOL

#1757 Oct 8, 2012
God Is The Only Choice wrote:
You know what? I've come to the conclusion that all of you militant liberal women have become hysterical, hand wringing, shaking in your shoes wrecks. I will never understand why, never.
You know what? I've never cared what some repukelian religionist kook, yourself in this case, thinks of me or my views. You're just pissed that you can't get me to buy the PHONY bill of goods and FAKE "sincerity" that Romney is trying to sell the country. Too bleeping bad.

As far as I'M concerned, President Obama is a far better candidate and a much better PERSON than Romney could ever be. That's why I'll VOTE FOR PRESIDENT OBAMA on November 6th.
Ocean56

AOL

#1758 Oct 8, 2012
senior citizen wrote:
No it is not me punishing women - it is Obama - SLUTS FOR OBAMA and OBAMACARE. Obama HATES WOMEN.
What complete NONSENSE. President Obama has been a strong SUPPORTER of women and women's reproductive rights. As opposed to the spoiled little rich boy Romney, who is trying to take those rights away from women.

By the way, goofy, it was the right-wing, misogynistic moron RUSH LIMBAUGH who first called Sandra Fluke the "s" word, just because she didn't back down from expressing her views publicly. The term was used as a slight to Limbaugh, who is so deserving of insults and ridicule.
more

Santa Fe, NM

#1759 Oct 8, 2012
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>

- SLUTS .
misogyny - thanks for removing any doubt about where you are coming from.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#1760 Oct 8, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
What complete NONSENSE. President Obama has been a strong SUPPORTER of women and women's reproductive rights. As opposed to the spoiled little rich boy Romney, who is trying to take those rights away from women.
By the way, goofy, it was the right-wing, misogynistic moron RUSH LIMBAUGH who first called Sandra Fluke the "s" word, just because she didn't back down from expressing her views publicly. The term was used as a slight to Limbaugh, who is so deserving of insults and ridicule.
This could not be a slap at Rush - he is not a woman - nor could he be a SLUT FOR OBAMA. Obama hates women and that is why he is all for the buttons and he does not care that they are referred to as SLUTS - if he cared he would have told the women NOT to wear them or call themselves SLUTS FOR OBAMA.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#1761 Oct 8, 2012
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one suffering with a mental problem - read what you wrote then answer my question.
How many times do I have to tell you "I HAVE MY OWN INSURANCE?" What is it about those five words that you do not understand?
You're senile, pops.

Go take a pill or something.

Just make SURE you pay for it, feeb.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#1762 Oct 8, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
The old man is too befuddled to realize that the women were teasing Limbaugh and his uptight, shriveled-gonad goons.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#1763 Oct 8, 2012
the rest of us wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey arrogant pompous ass, you don't tell anybody to put a lid on it what with your never ending gasbag comments. Ever wonder why nobody ever agrees with anything you post? Go do something productive for God's sake.
Sorry, sweetie. I'm not your mother/sister. You can't control me.

Please take out your inadequacies on someone who cares what you think.

NO ONE.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#1764 Oct 8, 2012
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
How old are you?

We women are watching the republicants with their war on women's health right and health options.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#1765 Oct 8, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? I've never cared what some repukelian religionist kook, yourself in this case, thinks of me or my views. You're just pissed that you can't get me to buy the PHONY bill of goods and FAKE "sincerity" that Romney is trying to sell the country. Too bleeping bad.
As far as I'M concerned, President Obama is a far better candidate and a much better PERSON than Romney could ever be. That's why I'll VOTE FOR PRESIDENT OBAMA on November 6th.
What, in your mind makes Obama better presidential material than Gov Romney?
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#1766 Oct 8, 2012
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
How old are you?
We women are watching the republicants with their war on women's health right and health options.
And Obama has turned you all into saying you are SLUTS FOR OBAMA. Obama was the one that said Romney hated women and you believed him. I can not understand why any woman would believe that when Romney has been married to his wife for many years. There were women at the RNC that spoke highly of Romney and of the help he has provided for them and their families.

My age - I DO NOT have one foot on the banana peel and the other foot in the grave yet.
more

Santa Fe, NM

#1767 Oct 8, 2012
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
And Obama has turned you all into saying you are SLUTS FOR OBAMA. Obama was the one that said Romney hated women and you believed him. I can not understand why any woman would believe that when Romney has been married to his wife for many years. There were women at the RNC that spoke highly of Romney and of the help he has provided for them and their families.
My age - I DO NOT have one foot on the banana peel and the other foot in the grave yet.
misogyny
Spike

Ravenna, OH

#1768 Oct 8, 2012
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
How do all these tired,sagging old hags find time to take care of their cores when their on this site ragging all day? When the man of the house gets home he wants to see some results.
God Is The Only Choice

Painesville, OH

#1769 Oct 8, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I be "pissed"? I am not trying to buy anything. Not my fault you can't see who the real phoney is. Obama has been your phoney since day one. Romney happens to be a good and decent man, so you wouldn't understand that, and I don't expect you to. I could care less who you vote for. You're too worried about your abortion rights, so vote for your man.

Romney/Ryan 2012 Pro Life <3
God Is The Only Choice

Painesville, OH

#1770 Oct 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
In all fairness, it is "militant, liberal women" that fought for your right to vote, and for equal pay, among other things.
They don't trust the backwards-thinking politicians that seem to never go away. They look out for you and I. They may seem "hysterical" and may seem paranoid, but should they ever back down and allow the extremists to get their way, G-d help us *all*.
You know, I don't get it. Nothing has happened to abortion rights, or any other "womens" rights in forever, yet the hysteria is here. The President alone cannot overturn Roe. It would be fought tooth and nail for eons. I don't think Romney is backwards thinking at all. I'm still befuddled by all the anger here. Do you consider Romney and "extremist"?
God Is The Only Choice

Painesville, OH

#1771 Oct 8, 2012
*an extremist
Spike

Ravenna, OH

#1772 Oct 8, 2012
<quoted text>
Why would I be "pissed"? I am not trying to buy anything. Not my fault you can't see who the real phoney is. Obama has been your phoney since day one. Romney happens to be a good and decent man, so you wouldn't understand that, and I don't expect you to. I could care less who you vote for. You're too worried about your abortion rights, so vote for your man.
Romney/Ryan 2012 Pro Life <3
He may be a gift from God. We will see if the crowd demands Barabbas again or Romney.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#1773 Oct 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
In all fairness, it is "militant, liberal women" that fought for your right to vote, and for equal pay, among other things.
They don't trust the backwards-thinking politicians that seem to never go away. They look out for you and I. They may seem "hysterical" and may seem paranoid, but should they ever back down and allow the extremists to get their way, G-d help us *all*.
Thats right Ladi! And extremism is being pushed further everyday!

I have a cousin years ago fell into the "born again" crap. She walked around like a zombie, eyes glazed over and constantly quoting the bible. She told me that her religious group was being encouraged to run for office starting at the local level. She said that this is where they would start and then they would move in to higher office to take this country back for god and religion would rule the land. I though she was nuts, I don't think that anymore.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#1774 Oct 8, 2012
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is not me punishing women - it is Obama - SLUTS FOR OBAMA and OBAMACARE. Obama HATES WOMEN.
i think dingle balls here likes typing the word "slut", maybe it gets his wilted willy worked up?

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#1775 Oct 8, 2012
<quoted text>
You know, I don't get it. Nothing has happened to abortion rights, or any other "womens" rights in forever, yet the hysteria is here. The President alone cannot overturn Roe. It would be fought tooth and nail for eons. I don't think Romney is backwards thinking at all. I'm still befuddled by all the anger here. Do you consider Romney and "extremist"?
No, I don't. I always felt him to be a moderate. Which is why I liked him. At least he used to be. Now he keeps changing his position on things. And he's surrounding himself with extremists. I'm confused by him. I'm not just talking abortion, I'm talking about economic policy, health reform, and other issues.

Granted, the President alone can not overturn RvW, but he can appoint justices to the SCOTUS. And they can pass laws that are less than favourable to women's rights. This is a gradual eroding, G. It's subtle. I see posts on here each and every day. So many people, so many *men*, wishing things were the way they were in the "olden days", where women knew their place.

We have to be vigilant. Just like we can never again have the Holocaust, we can never again relinquish our rights.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#1776 Oct 8, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats right Ladi! And extremism is being pushed further everyday!
I have a cousin years ago fell into the "born again" crap. She walked around like a zombie, eyes glazed over and constantly quoting the bible. She told me that her religious group was being encouraged to run for office starting at the local level. She said that this is where they would start and then they would move in to higher office to take this country back for god and religion would rule the land. I though she was nuts, I don't think that anymore.
That's pretty scary, for all of us.

I mean, some Christians might welcome that, but they should keep in mind that should this door to a theocracy open, what's to stop a Muslim faction from doing the same thing?

It is in *everyone's* best interests to maintain the separation of church (all religion) and state, and maintain our secular democracy. So that we may continue to worship who we want, where we want, and when we want. Not only freedom from religion, but freedom *of* religion. For ALL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Nuculur option 1,154,027
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min woodtick57 293,358
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 3 min kent 83,897
After CIA torture report: rebuilding a culture ... 3 min dollarsbill 92
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 3 min barefoot2626 664
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 5 min serfs up 101
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 5 min KiMare 5,006
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 25 min deutscher Nationa... 132,558
Stars and others react to 'Interview' cancellation 33 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 11
2016 hopeful Ben Carson pledges support for Israel 1 hr Whatever 2
US to start talks with Cuba to normalize full d... 1 hr Retired SOF 86
More from around the web