Sandra Fluke's DNC Speech Paints Star...

Sandra Fluke's DNC Speech Paints Stark Picture of Romney Presidency

There are 2380 comments on the ABC News story from Sep 5, 2012, titled Sandra Fluke's DNC Speech Paints Stark Picture of Romney Presidency. In it, ABC News reports that:

The Georgetown law student shut out of a Congressional hearing on contraception earlier this year is basking in the glow of the Democratic National Convention 's prime time stage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

nope

Huntsville, AL

#331 Sep 9, 2012
Why should citizens who oppose abortion have their tax dollars go to Planned Parenthood?

First and foremost, Planned Parenthood does more than any other organization in the United States to prevent abortions. Planned Parenthood is the single largest provider of birth control and family planning and sex education in the United States.

Second, the idea that tax dollars fund abortion is not true. For more than 30 years, federal tax dollars have not funded abortions in the United States except in the rarest of cases, and Planned Parenthood is subject to routine audits to ensure that public and charitable funds are being used in compliance with the law.

Every dollar from the federal government that Planned Parenthood receives pays for lifesaving cancer screenings, birth control, family planning visits, annual exams, testing for HIV and other STIs, and other kinds of basic care.

Anyone who wants to decrease the number of abortions in the United States should join with Planned Parenthood in ensuring that women and families have access to family planning and birth control, the best way to reduce the number of unintended pregnancies and reduce the need for abortion. We can all agree on that.
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#332 Sep 9, 2012
JohnIna wrote:
<quoted text>Attention Twittens!!! Obviously Clint Eastwood disagrees with the empty chair b. h. obama...He called obama the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people...Exactly what I said 2007.
The question is, by whom? and I hope we find out soon. It seems the investigating reporters are getting braver. I expect more books and more delving into his history.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#333 Sep 9, 2012
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because medical treatments are not natural rights does not mean they are null and void.
All medical treatments must be judged based upon the whether or not they are truly beneficial or harmful, and in most cases with modern big pharma we must not look at the profit instead we must look at the side effects.
Death is not an acceptable side effect.
It is scary to see what they are pushing these days; and in the ads the drug companies mention death and cancer as possible side effects.
The side effects are worse than the condition they are trying to fix.
You did not answer the question you danced around and evaded any sensical answer. Do you want to know why? Because you landed in a major contradiction. The catholic church does not get to decide what is beneficial or harmful patient by patient, that is a doctors role along with the patient themselves.

The catholic church is not only butting into politics they now profess to be medical experts. I took contraceptives most of my life, they benefited me with difficult menstrual cycles and of course avoiding an unplanned pregnancies. That is MY call...not yours, and most ESPECIALLY NOT a bunch of lunatic men in robes hiding behind walls at the vatican playing big shots and sticking their nose in where it does not belong.

The day that male hierarchy institution closes it's doors and has to sell of its riches will be a day of celebration for ALL women whether they realize it or not.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#334 Sep 9, 2012
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
You are calling another living human being merely a "medical/physical circumstance".
If you don't want to have a baby, don't get knocked up. Your consent to have a child is implied by the fact that you are pregnant.
What a complete bitch.
That is EXACTLY what a pregnancy is you idiot man, get it through your thick fcking head that it is indeed a medical/physical circumstance for the woman/girl, one that can and does periodically lead to illness, medical complications and DEATH.

Sex is not consent to get pregnant, give birth or become a mother, anymore than it is consent for a man. If you are from the crowd sex is for procreation only tell it to your buddies and get back to me on their response. In the meantime quit riding the skirt tails of women peddling your nonsense.

What a COMPLETE dickwit.
good

Huntsville, AL

#335 Sep 9, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is, by whom? and I hope we find out soon. It seems the investigating reporters are getting braver. I expect more books and more delving into his history.
He has been president for three years - is he still a scary balck man to you LOL.

He's human, he expects other people to be rational and interested in doing the right thing. Perhaps in the secoond term, he will learn not to trust those whose motivation is to promote corporate interests and simply put him down. The country can't afford this birther nonsense or whatever other BS you idiots come up with.
you are

Huntsville, AL

#336 Sep 9, 2012
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>

Birth control is not basic healthcare; it is an extra.

"
obviously not a woman. Back to high school health class for you

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#337 Sep 9, 2012
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Anti-Catholicism is the trojan horse that has allowed so much drivel into our schools and our political parties.
Anti-Catholicism led to the Third Reich. Anti-Catholicism is destroying America from within.
Let me be the first to invite you to take your male phallic worshipping male hierarchy and stick it directly where the sun does not shine.

The catholic church condoned the molestation of my brother and did nothing for me as a young girl in their learning institution besides teach me that I was second class and not worthy of a governing position within their man boy love institution.

This country is better off without these draconian archaic men in robes peddling their backwards beliefs, the sooner they are gone the better.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#338 Sep 9, 2012
More wrote:
<quoted text>
hatred and disrespect of women.
That is all he has got, if women don't live in the subservient role directed by his flavor of male hierarchy he becomes twisted and angry.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#339 Sep 9, 2012
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I just don't like dishonest women.
I treat true ladies with complete respect.
Pro-abortion women are not true ladies. They
are self-centered, spoiled brats mostly.
I support the moderate feminists and most of
the moderate feminists regard me as one of
their own.
Actually I don't respect little pompous ass men like you.

You treat true ladies like 'good little girls" who follow the subservient twit roles delegated by men.

Women who think and decide for themselves are an abomination to you for stepping outside the roles delegated by male hierarchy.

Men who feel the need to control women are self centered spoiled brats who just want a domestic slave, not a self thinker or doer.

You support nothing even remotely close to feminism as you feel the need to control women.
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#340 Sep 9, 2012
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
it a tiny percentage of what they do. Quit lying.
From the Washington Post. They report that according to PP, in 2011 PP served 3 million customers and provided 329,000 abortions. That is more that 10%. 329,00 is not a small number.
Wow

Huntsville, AL

#341 Sep 9, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
From the Washington Post. They report that according to PP, in 2011 PP served 3 million customers and provided 329,000 abortions. That is more that 10%. 329,00 is not a small number.
it was a million last time you posted. It is pointless, but now you are deceptively comparing the number of people that they serve with a a whole range and variety of women's health services to the number of a single necessary proceedure that are performed. They do it because although legal, it is hard to find anywhere because of threats, intimidation and violence. So it is not 10% of their mission or what they do not government funded. It is 3% of what they do - a tiny percentage.

Time to send them another check because obviously they are a target.
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#342 Sep 9, 2012
good wrote:
<quoted text>
He has been president for three years - is he still a scary balck man to you LOL.
He's human, he expects other people to be rational and interested in doing the right thing. Perhaps in the secoond term, he will learn not to trust those whose motivation is to promote corporate interests and simply put him down. The country can't afford this birther nonsense or whatever other BS you idiots come up with.
I'm glad that you can entertain yourself with your own silly one liners but more importantly what is "the right thing"?
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#343 Sep 9, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
it was a million last time you posted. It is pointless, but now you are deceptively comparing the number of people that they serve with a a whole range and variety of women's health services to the number of a single necessary proceedure that are performed. They do it because although legal, it is hard to find anywhere because of threats, intimidation and violence. So it is not 10% of their mission or what they do not government funded. It is 3% of what they do - a tiny percentage.
Time to send them another check because obviously they are a target.
I said that there were nearly 1 million abortions a year and PP was the largest provider. All true.

Isn't 329,00 into 3 million over 10%. One in ten customers going into PP get an abortion.

“A person is a person no matter”

Since: Sep 07

how small.

#344 Sep 9, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, well. I hope you can carry on. You have no control over what women do about their pregnancies.
I'll carry on alright, and I will continue to stand with my friends, my family and my community and take a stand against the killing of unborn children and crimes against humanity till my dying day.

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#345 Sep 9, 2012
nope wrote:
Why should citizens who oppose abortion have their tax dollars go to Planned Parenthood?
First and foremost, Planned Parenthood does more than any other organization in the United States to prevent abortions. Planned Parenthood is the single largest provider of birth control and family planning and sex education in the United States.
Second, the idea that tax dollars fund abortion is not true. For more than 30 years, federal tax dollars have not funded abortions in the United States except in the rarest of cases, and Planned Parenthood is subject to routine audits to ensure that public and charitable funds are being used in compliance with the law.
Every dollar from the federal government that Planned Parenthood receives pays for lifesaving cancer screenings, birth control, family planning visits, annual exams, testing for HIV and other STIs, and other kinds of basic care.
Anyone who wants to decrease the number of abortions in the United States should join with Planned Parenthood in ensuring that women and families have access to family planning and birth control, the best way to reduce the number of unintended pregnancies and reduce the need for abortion. We can all agree on that.
I'm not so sure,surly your not telling me no other government department helps with, lifesaving cancer screenings, birth control, family planning visits, annual exams, testing for HIV and other STIs, and other kinds of basic care. Have you ever been to your local health department? I can tell you here,in all the counties in Kentucky,the health department does all of these things.
Pope Is a Dope

Fletcher, OH

#346 Sep 9, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
<quoted text>Attention you are a pervert!!! Anywhere you have a large congregation of people you'll find some very bad apples...i.e. Penn State. However when it came to the voice vote on the floor of the DNC it appears over 50% of the delegates for reelecting b. h. obama are blasphemous rotten apples...That's an obamanation.
Not as blasphemous as harboring and protecting child molesters from the authorities.

The Catholic Church is the world's largest institutionalized pedophile ring hiding behind a thin facade as a religious organization.

Never mind all of the slave camps the Catholic Church kept women in--even into recent decades in Ireland.

The church has blood stained hands. And seems to revel and take glee in its sins.

pupsilicious

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#347 Sep 9, 2012
Pope Is a Dope wrote:
<quoted text> Not as blasphemous as harboring and protecting child molesters from the authorities.
The Catholic Church is the world's largest institutionalized pedophile ring hiding behind a thin facade as a religious organization.
Never mind all of the slave camps the Catholic Church kept women in--even into recent decades in Ireland.
The church has blood stained hands. And seems to revel and take glee in its sins.
Nope you dope.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#348 Sep 9, 2012
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you don't believe in equal rights for all human beings and you don't believe human beings are equal nor do you believe in equal justice.
That is a rejection of the principles this nation was founded upon.
A fetus does not have the status of personhood. Having human cell structure doesn't make an organism a human being. If it did, a tumor would be a human being. You're so silly.
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#349 Sep 9, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>A fetus does not have the status of personhood. Having human cell structure doesn't make an organism a human being. If it did, a tumor would be a human being. You're so silly.
It has the same cell structure as you. It's only the degree of development and vulnerability that allows you to end his or her life. According to law you may either protect and nurture that life or destroy it. You have so little regard for another's life that you can delude yourself and find the unborn baby comparable to a tumor. You've come a long way baby.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#350 Sep 9, 2012
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because medical treatments are not natural rights does not mean they are null and void.
All medical treatments must be judged based upon the whether or not they are truly beneficial or harmful, and in most cases with modern big pharma we must not look at the profit instead we must look at the side effects.
Death is not an acceptable side effect.
It is scary to see what they are pushing these days; and in the ads the drug companies mention death and cancer as possible side effects.
The side effects are worse than the condition they are trying to fix.
An abortion is most certainly a medical treatment. The removal and death of the embryo is not a side effect, it is the objective of the procedure. Rarely, as is most medical procedures, does the woman die. If she does, it's hardly a "side effect," darling. It's a huge deal. Furthermore, no one is forced to undergo a medical treatment that they don't want. If you get sick, you are free to refuse treatment. Depending upon the type, cancer is sometimes easier to live with than chemo or radiation. It's your call:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 6 min Bravo Uniform Mike 194
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min USAsince1680 1,403,954
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 12 min La La Land 10,386
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 15 min THE LONE WORKER 201,234
News Pro-Sanders demonstrators march in the swelteri... 30 min Responsibility 6
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 47 min Abe 232,974
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min Rogue Scholar 05 219,455
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Quirky 391,199
News Trump bounces into the lead 2 hr Responsibility 61
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 4 hr YouDidntBuildThat 130
More from around the web