It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments
102,401 - 102,420 of 103,242 Comments Last updated Jun 22, 2014
Tray

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
But no freedoms? LOL. Fool.
Egypt
Greece
Macedonia
Spain
England
Persia(Iran)
Germany
Japan
Russia and the USSR
All SUPERPOWERS. But all have kept their national Race. The US will be brown soon. Whitey is a thing of the past. That is the will of your people. Good luck with your Govt Superpower Status.
But where is your list of freedoms that the advanced nations dont have.
You are inferior.
Our freedoms is what made our world wide influence possible. You want proof of our influence on live around the world? OK. You have been on here for well over a year that I know of, almost daily with you number one topic being the U.S. looks like we have great influence on you. Ha ha ha. just look at the hour you have spend dwelling on us. Don't feel bad there are many around globe just like you who think of nothing but us. We are flattered that we provide so many with something to obsess over.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, McD's are not restaurants and McD's fare is not food - it is garbage!!
Yet 33,000 locations in 123 different countries. looks like a lot of people disagree with you. And that's just one of our restaurants. Ha ha ha.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
But no freedoms? LOL. Fool.
Egypt
Greece
Macedonia
Spain
England
Persia(Iran)
Germany
Japan
Russia and the USSR
All SUPERPOWERS. But all have kept their national Race. The US will be brown soon. Whitey is a thing of the past. That is the will of your people. Good luck with your Govt Superpower Status.
But where is your list of freedoms that the advanced nations dont have.
You are inferior.
Not even one on your list comes close to us. NON have the global influence. Non have been to the Moon even once, we have been 6 times. We have no equal.
GoGoBar

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Our freedoms is what made our world wide influence possible. You want proof of our influence on live around the world? OK. You have been on here for well over a year that I know of, almost daily with you number one topic being the U.S. looks like we have great influence on you. Ha ha ha. just look at the hour you have spend dwelling on us. Don't feel bad there are many around globe just like you who think of nothing but us. We are flattered that we provide so many with something to obsess over.
Here Tray, this is for you, The Marlborough Man and Chris Kyle(American Sniper_

When I walk down the streets
See the people who stop and stare and say
Haven't I seen that face somewhere a long time ago
When I walk down the streets
See the stranger who says 'why, hi'
With a 'how you goin', buddy'
When you walked on by I thought I'd say hallo

They say: haven't I seen your face before
Weren't you the boy that used to live next door
Weren't you on television every night
Haven't I seen you round

Take a look at me, I'm yesterday's hero
Yesterday's hero, that's all I'll be
And yesterday's hero is all that I'm gonna be if I don't get together
Make a new start and be somebody better
All that I'll be if I don't get together now

When you walk down the streets
If you know me, then pass me by
If you wonder what I'm doing
Don't ask me why I don't read the news
When you walk down the streets
If you're sorry then don't feel bad
If you followed my story
Then just be glad you ain't in my shoes

Because haven't you seen my face before
Yes, I was the boy who used to live next door
Yes, I was on television every night
Haven't you seen me round

Yesterday's hero, that's all I'll be
And yesterday's hero is all that I'm gonna be if I don't get together
Make a new start and be somebody better
All that I'll be if I don't get together now

Yesterday's hero, yesterday's hero
Yesterday's hero, yesterday's hero
Mimi

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL ... now there is a charitable Christian idea :/
its nothing to do with the christianity my dear
Zimmer

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Hi, my name is George. I used to dream about being a Soldier and then a policeman. But they didnt want me. But I had a gun and applied to be a neighbourhood watchman in my suburb. As the only applicant I was accepted.
Then I had some trouble with an innocent 17 yo.
Now I am a fat fcuk fighting in court for my life.
I wont testify because I am guilty, but I should get off.
Then all I have to do is dodge everyone who hates me with a gun. Because they will give me as much chance as I gave that kid.
But I get Maccas and Pizza delivered from the RESTUARANTS> LOL
Zimmer

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Not even one on your list comes close to us. NON have the global influence. Non have been to the Moon even once, we have been 6 times. We have no equal.
None of them founded your Colonial Country? When you were white?
You should have stuck with England. The Spanish have won after all.
Maybee I missed France.
GoGoBar

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Yes, the elusive American freedoms.
Maybee it was all a dream.

The Romans were dreamers too. Italy? Superpower?
Tray

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Zimmer wrote:
<quoted text>
None of them founded your Colonial Country? When you were white?
You should have stuck with England. The Spanish have won after all.
Maybee I missed France.
?
Tray

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

GoGoBar wrote:
? Yes the mighty Rome fell and yes the mighty U.S. will fall someday, it's just the nature of things. BUT NOT TODAY. Ha ha ha!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You brought up regulation. The argument against late term abortion on demand is a women's health rights. How is pregnancy unhealthy? How is late term any less healthy than early term?
As I said earlier, I don't care about the chosen lifestyles of others. I just don't want pay for them or pay the consequences of another's irresponsibility.
Exactly and California has plenty of examples of consequences of other's irresponsibility and why California is 1 of the 11 states that are dependent on the other 39 states to help take care of these irresponsible citizens besides there are 139 "takers" for every 100 workers in California and the workers(Private Sector) or the producers of California Society are outnumbered by the non-producers or the takers(Welfare State Society).

The Number Of People On Welfare Exceeds The Number Of People With Jobs In 11 States

December 26, 2012
by Michael Snyder

America is rapidly becoming a nation of takers. An increasing number of Americans expect the government to take care of them from the cradle to the grave, and they expect the government to dig into the pockets of others in order to pay for it all. This philosophy can be very seductive, but what happens when the number of takers eventually outnumbers the number of producers? In 11 different U.S. states today, the number of people on welfare exceeds the number of people with jobs. This list of states includes some of the biggest states in the country: California, New York, Illinois, Ohio, Maine, Kentucky, South Carolina, Mississippi, Alabama, New Mexico and Hawaii. It is interesting to note that seven of those states were won by Barack Obama on election night. In California, there are 139 "takers" for every 100 workers. That is crazy! The American people have become absolutely addicted to government money, and it gets worse with each passing year. If you can believe it, entitlements accounted for 62 percent of all federal spending in fiscal year 2012. It would be one thing if we could afford all of this spending, but unfortunately we simply cannot. We are drowning in debt, and we are stealing more than a hundred million more dollars from future generations with each passing hour. No bank robber in history can match that kind of theft.

http://michaelsnyder.mensnewsdaily.com/2012/1...
Tray

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Zimmer wrote:
Hi, my name is George. I used to dream about being a Soldier and then a policeman. But they didnt want me. But I had a gun and applied to be a neighbourhood watchman in my suburb. As the only applicant I was accepted.
Then I had some trouble with an innocent 17 yo.
Now I am a fat fcuk fighting in court for my life.
I wont testify because I am guilty, but I should get off.
Then all I have to do is dodge everyone who hates me with a gun. Because they will give me as much chance as I gave that kid.
But I get Maccas and Pizza delivered from the RESTUARANTS> LOL
Thugs are put down in this country daily.%99 of those doing the putting down are never arrested much less charged with anything. George was just the last ditch hope of the blacks to play the race card. FAILURE. It has backfired and shown the real side of the black community and been a total embarrassment of Trayvon not being the innocent poster child of the oppressed black slave. He was a thug that his own mother didn't want. Have you noticed Sharpton or Jackson in the courtroom? Even they are trying to distance themselves from this sinking ship. Ha ha ha.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
So it is ok if they pay to abort?
Well said. At least it is not a moral issue.
But you are happy to pay welfare if they dont?
Fits in well with freedom of choice etc...
in the long run it is cheaper to abort then to provide for years for an individual that doesnt want to be productive and support their off-spring which Margaret Sanger had it Right too.

The Truth About MARGRET SANGER

Margaret Sanger spoke of sterilizing those she designated as "unfit," a plan she said would be the "salvation of American civilization.: And she also spike of those who were "irresponsible and reckless," among whom she included those " whose religious scruples prevent their exercising control over their numbers." She further contended that "there is no doubt in the minds of all thinking people that the procreation of this group should be stopped." That many Americans of African origin constituted a segment of Sanger considered "unfit" cannot be easily refuted.

http://www.blackgenocide.org/sanger.html
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
So it is ok if they pay to abort?
Well said. At least it is not a moral issue.
But you are happy to pay welfare if they dont?
Fits in well with freedom of choice etc...
No, it's not a moral issue for me. I would be against any federal moral legislation equally to any federal gun regulation. I'm not against any contraception either. That would be the responsible thing to do, but I have a problem paying for that also. Live your own life, but pay your own bills.

Welfare once had a work requirement before Obama. I wouldn't be all that against welfare if it wasn't used as a political re-election tool.
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

GoGoBar wrote:
The Romans rotted from within, just like us.:-)
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>in the long run it is cheaper to abort then to provide for years for an individual that doesnt want to be productive and support their off-spring which Margaret Sanger had it Right too.
The Truth About MARGRET SANGER
Margaret Sanger spoke of sterilizing those she designated as "unfit," a plan she said would be the "salvation of American civilization.: And she also spike of those who were "irresponsible and reckless," among whom she included those " whose religious scruples prevent their exercising control over their numbers." She further contended that "there is no doubt in the minds of all thinking people that the procreation of this group should be stopped." That many Americans of African origin constituted a segment of Sanger considered "unfit" cannot be easily refuted.
http://www.blackgenocide.org/sanger.html
Margaret Sanger is alive and well when you consider nearly 40%(36% I believe)of aborted babies are black, who are about 13% of the population. The majority of family planning facilities are in minority neighborhoods.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not a moral issue for me. I would be against any federal moral legislation equally to any federal gun regulation. I'm not against any contraception either. That would be the responsible thing to do, but I have a problem paying for that also. Live your own life, but pay your own bills.
Welfare once had a work requirement before Obama. I wouldn't be all that against welfare if it wasn't used as a political re-election tool.
problem I have with the work requirement for social welfare is that they want to create another backdoor to allow businesses to pay lower wages and turn it into a Fedral subisdy program for Businesses & Big Corporations which right now we pay & give more in corporate welfare benefits than we do in social welfare benefits which is why I am against both which are counterproductive in the direction the Federal Government has taken both the Corporate & Social Welfare Programs.

Government Spends More on Corporate Welfare Subsidies than Social Welfare Programs

http://thinkbynumbers.org/government-spending...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Margaret Sanger is alive and well when you consider nearly 40%(36% I believe)of aborted babies are black, who are about 13% of the population. The majority of family planning facilities are in minority neighborhoods.
True, which doesnt say too much for the 13% of Black Americans either here in US Society as a group but still a majority are still dependent on the Welfare State and E.W. Jackson is right & correct that the Federal Government in the 1960's and the Democrats(Pseudo Liberals) Great Society created the culture that we see today here in the US among the majority of Blacks in the Major Metro Areas of the US.

E.W. Jackson in Newport News

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>problem I have with the work requirement for social welfare is that they want to create another backdoor to allow businesses to pay lower wages and turn it into a Fedral subisdy program for Businesses & Big Corporations which right now we pay & give more in corporate welfare benefits than we do in social welfare benefits which is why I am against both which are counterproductive in the direction the Federal Government has taken both the Corporate & Social Welfare Programs.
Government Spends More on Corporate Welfare Subsidies than Social Welfare Programs
http://thinkbynumbers.org/government-spending...
That is a good point, but I don't think places like McDonalds would pay any more or less without it. Most of the time, they don't even know which employee is collecting welfare, to the best of my knowledge. The employee is receiving the subsidy and, at the same time, learning responsibility, work ethics. Who knows, maybe even advancement. I can see someone not advancing in a work place in fear of losing benefits.

If an employee was paying less because of welfare, I would agree.
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh stop it with your rightwing propaganda hysteria, a late term abortion is only performed if there is a medical emergency, late term abortions are a fraction of a percent of all abortion it is wingnuz demagoguery not a medical issue!!
Really!? Why is Wendy Davis hailed as a champion for women's health due to her filibustering the state's (Texas) attempt to limit late term abortions?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

69 Users are viewing the US News Forum right now

Search the US News Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min forks_make_us_fat 1,079,347
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min ---Wild Irish Rose--- 243,851
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 11 min Larry Driscoll 21,419
UN rights expert accuses Israel of 'ethnic clea... 12 min Ignorant 565
GOP base includes racist 'elements,' congressma... 14 min Guess Who 201
Judge strikes down gay marriage ban, stays ruling 18 min The Troll Stopper 9
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 18 min Bill 112,818
Bachmann says she may make another presidential... 28 min Responsibility 69
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr scirocco 146,213
•••
•••