It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments
99,581 - 99,600 of 103,228 Comments Last updated Jun 22, 2014

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahomana, It's the Obama administration that is handcuffing the border patrol and immigration. Several have brought suit against the administration. A secure border works both ways, incoming and out going.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/08/23/fe...
How does this prevent the border security or immigration from doing their jobs to the best of their ability, if anything it makes it easier.
spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How are they "illegally modified" when our government is EXPRESSLY DENIED the authority to regulate arms in the hands of We The People? Care to explain?
Huh the hell are you rambling about?
GoGoBar

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>And why do you think those millions ' invaded ' america? Are things so GOOD in mexico that they come to america for 'worse' lives?
They come bc they seek a better way of life. Its one thing when a nation builds a wall to keep its people in, its totally a different story when a nation is forced to build a wall to try to keep people OUT.
But living in thailand, you wouldnt know anything about that would you?
The armed citizens, States and Federals cant stop them.
Why not just pay the drug cartels to "mow them down" on the Mexican side of the border. Cheaper and more effective than the current War on everything.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>good luck with that pseudo liberal thinking you wont have a chance relying solely on diplomacy.
Well we have done alright up till now but all things change...then you can say the same of your country...your promotion of China has made them a force to be reckoned with militarily...so I think you will be calling to enlist the aid of your allies first...you would be the ultimate target.

Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
The armed citizens, States and Federals cant stop them.
Why not just pay the drug cartels to "mow them down" on the Mexican side of the border. Cheaper and more effective than the current War on everything.
Because most of these people are poor human beings in search of a better life. We dont do that, regardless of what some world media may say. I guess we need to do to the mexicans the same thing they do to illegals that cross into their country illegally from south america. It's an automatic prison term.
Problem is, in america, the prisons are still better then where most illegals came from.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>Dont get all wound up and tie those tits in a knot. Our govt knows all to well that if something isnt done, and done soon, that the citizens may very well rise up against these illegals. We americans have no problem with immergrants (unlike alot of nations), but all we ask is they come here legally. Whats so damn difficult about that to understand?
I think that is everyone's beef...OH DER!

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>the US Federal Government got caught red handed creating a gun crisis and assisting in the gun crisis across the US/Mexico boarder and been on damage control ever since.
So what you are saying is that all the guns flooding into Mexico...are from federal stings...Is this right?

Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that is everyone's beef...OH DER!
Like australia, america has immergration laws, I dont understand why the govt doesnt enforce them. Maybe, I might could say your country having such a small population, maybe I could see their reasoning? But not really, your nation should enforce its laws, as all nations should.
My nation however, has always been a melting pot, we are a nation of immergrants; so it puzzles me to try and understand their logic. Its not like the citizens are saying, " no, you cant come, we dont want you here". Thats not what the majority are saying at all. They simply want them to do it legally.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
So what!...the feds are not the problem here, and if they are involved with the Mexican Sinaloa drug cartel it will come to light...but allowing them to do business is not supplying them guns..so keep wriggling there Pacha!...
yes in a sense the US Federal Government is involved with the drug cartels and I will explain why I was watching one night on National Geographic Channel's program called Border Wars and what this US Border Patrol Officer told & confirmed exactly why the US Federal Government is involved in a rack with the Cartels which it has to do with money or the US Dollar and how it works is if the US Border Patrol inspects a vehicle and find a large substantial amount of money in US Dollars hide away on a vehicle heading across the US/Mexico Boarder for Mexico it becomes automatically the US Government money then he said then at the end of the day all of the money that the Federal US Border Patrol has confiscated it is directly deposited into a special bank account daily but if the drugs coming across from Mexico into the US get by the US Border Patrol then the Drug Cartels benefit and if the money gets by from not being detected by the US Border Patrol then the Drug Cartels benefit again which basically its a cat & mouse game between the US Federal Government and the Drug Cartels which involves the US Dollar and why the Federal Government wants it to continue and has no desire for it to end because it generates revenue for the US Federal Government when they confiscate money hide away on vehicles heading for Mexico.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is that all the guns flooding into Mexico...are from federal stings...Is this right?
not all of them but some the guns the news said too that have been confiscated were of Russian origin which Russia denied any involvement.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we have done alright up till now but all things change...then you can say the same of your country...your promotion of China has made them a force to be reckoned with militarily...so I think you will be calling to enlist the aid of your allies first...you would be the ultimate target.
China is already complaining and calling for the disarmament of US citizens here and your right too Wall Street and US Federal Government are building China up just like how Wallstreet did with Hitler prior to WW2 but I do believe China would rather take Australia and its vast resources and would be an easy country to takeover quickly since the Australian citizens are not armed to defend themselves and it would be like WW2 where Japan went into China and slaughtered thousands of Chinese civilians and China would do the same in Australia and there would be plenty of room for Chinese to relocate some of their population.

Communist Chinese Government Calls For No Delay For U.S. Gun Control

http://marketdailynews.com/2012/12/21/communi...
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
How does this prevent the border security or immigration from doing their jobs to the best of their ability, if anything it makes it easier.
Ordering them not to do their job makes it very easy for them, I guess.:-)

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh the hell are you rambling about?
"Here, then, every man,--whether native or naturalized, whether free or bond--for the provision comprehended every class and colour--every man capable of shouldering a musket, was required to be trained and armed, by our present Constitution; and the proposed to it, designates the militia as only to be for defence, and in this view Blackstone himself regarded the militia. The very second amendment to the Constitution of the United States, previous to which several of the States had refused to come into the compact, he begged to recommend to the attention of his friend from Allegheny,(Mr. Forward)--"a well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Mark the admirable adaption of the language. There is said (Mr. I) an argument in it more than I could make in a year, all condensed. A regulated right of every man, to do what? To hear arms--and the Constitution says this right to bear arms "shall not be infringed." This "well regulated militia," which is "necessary to the security of a free State" is the right of every man to bear arms, and it is a right which "shall not be infringed." And when his friend from Allegheny said at first,(as he had understood him,) that the federal power absorbed all the rights of the states on this subject, he (.Mr I) confessed that he had felt himself excited almost to pugnacity. This right exceeded, was beyond the reach of the federal Constitution--it was supreme, above the supremacy of the Constitution--it was a right which the Constitution could not touch. It was nothing less than man's right to self defence, that power which could not be impaired by any power of government."

- Mr. Charles Jared Ingersoll, Oct. 24, 1837, PROCEEDINGS AND DEBATES OF THE CONVENTION OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA, TO PROPOSE AMENDMENTS TO THE CONSTITUTION, COMMENCED AT HARRISBURG MAY 2 1837 VOL. IV. Reported by JOHN AGG, Stenographer: Assisted By Messrs. Wheeler, Kingman, Draks, and McKinley. HARRISBURG: PRINTED BY PACKER, BARRETT, And PARKE. 1838.(Ingersoll served twice as a United States representative, first from 1813 to 1815 and again from 1841 to 1847. In between these terms, he worked as the United States attorney for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania from 1815 to 1829 by appointment from President James Madison, was Pennsylvania state representative in 1830, and in 1837, was a delegate to the Pennsylvania state constitutional convention. Over the course of his governmental career, Ingersoll worked with a few U. S. presidents such as James Monroe, John Tyler, and James K. Polk).
GoGoBar

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>China is already complaining and calling for the disarmament of US citizens here and your right too Wall Street and US Federal Government are building China up just like how Wallstreet did with Hitler prior to WW2 but I do believe China would rather take Australia and its vast resources and would be an easy country to takeover quickly since the Australian citizens are not armed to defend themselves and it would be like WW2 where Japan went into China and slaughtered thousands of Chinese civilians and China would do the same in Australia and there would be plenty of room for Chinese to relocate some of their population.
Lol.Modern Chinese dont have to resort to invasion. They are excellent traders . The British taught them well in Hong Kong and Singapore and Malaysia.
As for resources they have invested heavily into Africa for the future.

Invading Australia? Why would they. Like the rest of Asia they have set their sights on urbanisation.

Their one child policy will give them an instant upper urban class.
Of course this just for the Han, they wisely have let the other races keep the birth rate nominal to supply the labourers gor the future.

These modern Asians are not what you imagine.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol.Modern Chinese dont have to resort to invasion. They are excellent traders . The British taught them well in Hong Kong and Singapore and Malaysia.
Invading Australia? Why would they. Like the rest of Asia they have set their sights on urbanisation.
Of course this just for the Han, they wisely have let the other races keep the birth rate nominal to supply the labourers gor the future.
why trade if you can conquer and destroy which is what Japan did during WW2 and controlled most of the Pacific until the US got involved besides China is in need of Raw Resources big time and Hong Kong still doesn't trust Beijing either which is a known fact just like Taiwan which claims independence from China.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Modern Chinese are not excellent traders why do you think the US trade deficit is so high between the US and China and I can tell for a fact that china will not allow the US to ship assembled cars into China and have to sent in parts and assembled in China.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>China is already complaining and calling for the disarmament of US citizens here and your right too Wall Street and US Federal Government are building China up just like how Wallstreet did with Hitler prior to WW2 but I do believe China would rather take Australia and its vast resources and would be an easy country to takeover quickly since the Australian citizens are not armed to defend themselves and it would be like WW2 where Japan went into China and slaughtered thousands of Chinese civilians and China would do the same in Australia and there would be plenty of room for Chinese to relocate some of their population.
Yes, some of the heavier weapons have come through central America left over after their wars..but to even believe they come anywhere close to what is flooding across from the American side of the border is verging delusion..everthing you read clearly states where they have proved most of the guns and ammo are coming directly from the USA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smuggling_of_fir...

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>LOL Modern Chinese are not excellent traders why do you think the US trade deficit is so high between the US and China and I can tell for a fact that china will not allow the US to ship assembled cars into China and have to sent in parts and assembled in China.
That is what makes them excellent traders....they know what each country is willing to do to get their business...And China knows it's worth...always has...It also knows it's value to the US as a link between countries like Russia and North Korea....

Since: Feb 11

Peterborough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Larry wrote:
Should make it illegal to import or sell or own an automatic weapon in the US, its common sense, nobody needs an automatic weapon, if you are doing the right thing it wont affect you at all. Same with background checks. Why oppose something that will stop criminals getting guns, and the most deadly types of guns when it wont affect you personally?
Very few people in the UK put up an opposition to new fire'arm laws, that is why we don't have them now. Do you not therefore consider it strange that we now have roving armed police units, this was unheard of only a few years ago. What do you think their purpose might be ?

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Ordering them not to do their job makes it very easy for them, I guess.:-)
Well maybe, but it is still a case you are hired to do a job, if you are not happy with how that job is done, have the balls to leave...don't try to interfere with the governments orders to protect the illegal youth, they are not giving them Carte Blanche just a pass to get in and then they have to meet the criteria...it prevents them being put in jeopardy.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min wondering 114,619
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min USMail XXXII 254,225
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 39 min baby boomer 906
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 40 min UidiotRaceMakeWor... 150,268
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 1 hr Son of Anarchy 1,185
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 1 hr Bills Still Right 3,997
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr shinningelectr0n 1,096,630

Search the US News Forum:
•••