It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,342

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Read more
I feel

Santa Fe, NM

#106736 May 5, 2013
disgusted these gun nutters and the death lobby are immune to the horrific tragedies they enable just to make a cheap buck and advance a political agenda.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#106737 May 5, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahomona, if the federal government was really serious about limiting or controlling so called assault weapons or high capacity magazines, it could simply tax the hell out of them. They have jurisdiction over interstate commerce. They tax cigarettes, gasoline, and more to limit the use. Not letting a good crisis go to waste, they are playing political games. I feel disgusted these idiots in Washington are using a horrific tragedy to advance a political agenda.
That would really get rushed through Congress with bipartisan zeal.
You could stand for office on that platform. LOL>

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#106738 May 5, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It did NO such thing. It merely expanded the definition of "citizen" to include the African Americans formerly enslaved.
Don't know what your trip is. But if you want to be made out a fool. Then I'll be more than happy to oblige.
did more that that and why Illinois never had a 2nd amendment and there would have been no need for Mcdonald v Chicago ruling then in 2010.

Location hidden

#106739 May 5, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Article IV, section 1 deals with extradition from one state to another, doesn't it, Indy?
Extradition Clause

The Extradition clause or Interstate rendition clauseof the United States Constitution refers to Article IV, Section 2, Clause 2, which provides for the extradition of a criminal back to the state where he or she has committed a crime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extradition_Clau...
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#106740 May 5, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
That would really get rushed through Congress with bipartisan zeal.
You could stand for office on that platform. LOL>
So, you're saying gun control isn't all that popular then, right?
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#106741 May 5, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Extradition Clause
The Extradition clause or Interstate rendition clauseof the United States Constitution refers to Article IV, Section 2, Clause 2, which provides for the extradition of a criminal back to the state where he or she has committed a crime.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extradition_Clau...
Yes, that's what I meant, section 2 (typo). Doesn't that section deal with eradication?

Location hidden

#106742 May 5, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
2016 is going to be the Democrats 1994 all over again.
Larry

Australia

#106743 May 5, 2013
I think gun control should extend to mexico and south america. Places around the world that have a low rate of gun ownership tend to have less crime. For the 100k comment, it would be good if it was a solid statistic in support of gun control, something to really nail the message home.
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#106744 May 5, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>2016 is going to be the Democrats 1994 all over again.
I hope so. I hope the truth about Benghazi does it.
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#106745 May 5, 2013
Larry wrote:
I think gun control should extend to mexico and south america. Places around the world that have a low rate of gun ownership tend to have less crime. For the 100k comment, it would be good if it was a solid statistic in support of gun control, something to really nail the message home.

I thought they already had gun control. Ah! Wouldn't you know it, Hugo Chavez had the toughest laws. I wonder why.

http://www.ilovechile.cl/2012/12/22/laws-gun-...

http://www.as-coa.org/articles/explainer-gun-...
GoGoBar

Thailand

#106746 May 5, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>2016 is going to be the Democrats 1994 all over again.
Hopefully after that scenario it wont be 1929 again.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#106747 May 5, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Tax is the keyword.
Now with falling revenues and an overseas miltary superpower presence to maintain, for non American intersts, were the Tea Party to try to solve the problem by placing a Tax on coffee, what would be the outcome?

;)

Perhaps you need a broadbased tax on goods and services.
And while your at it, why not take the Capitalist approach and merge all the States into 8 Regions, thus doing away with 40 seperate Govts, legislatures, Departments etc... which all do exactly the same thing.
Sell off the assets that are unneccary and lower taxes.

Oh, if it is logical it is unconstitutional. How many States were there when the constitution was Written? That would be a good start.

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#106748 May 5, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>did more that that and why Illinois never had a 2nd amendment and there would have been no need for Mcdonald v Chicago ruling then in 2010.
Most incorrect. Illinois ALWAYS had a "2nd amendment". Every since they became part of the union. It's just that their treasonous government never acknowledged it. Nor did the equally treasonous federal ever enforce U.S. citizens rights there.(As the federal had after passage of the 14th with many former slaves).

Article IV, Section 2.

"The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States."

Article VI, U.S.C.-

"This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding."

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, AND the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States AND of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."

Article. VII.

"The Ratification of the Conventions of nine States, shall be sufficient for the Establishment of this Constitution between the States so ratifying the Same."

Care to restate your case?

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#106749 May 5, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully after that scenario it wont be 1929 again.
2/07/2013 @ 10:02PM |82,567 views
The Worst Five Years Since the Great Depression
US President Barack Obama (C) speaks from Erik...

(Image credit: AFP/Getty Images via @daylife)

In February, 2009, I wrote for the Wall Street Journal an article entitled Reaganomics versus Obamanomics. The article explained that the emerging Obamanomics was pursuing exactly the opposite of every policy of the enormously successful Reaganomics, and predicted that it would produce exactly the opposite results.

Well, the results are in, and under President Obama the American people have now suffered the worst 5 years since the Great Depression, as first explained by Steve McCann of the American Thinker on January 25. McCann writes,...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2013...
GoGoBar

Thailand

#106750 May 5, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
2/07/2013 @ 10:02PM |82,567 views
The Worst Five Years Since the Great Depression
US President Barack Obama (C) speaks from Erik...
(Image credit: AFP/Getty Images via @daylife)
In February, 2009, I wrote for the Wall Street Journal an article entitled Reaganomics versus Obamanomics. The article explained that the emerging Obamanomics was pursuing exactly the opposite of every policy of the enormously successful Reaganomics, and predicted that it would produce exactly the opposite results.
Well, the results are in, and under President Obama the American people have now suffered the worst 5 years since the Great Depression, as first explained by Steve McCann of the American Thinker on January 25. McCann writes,...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2013...
The consequences of macro economics are felt long after.
Reagan took the US National debt from 500 billion to 2.3Trillion.
Compound interest catches up very quickly.
The Thacher reagan era heralded the largest income inequality since the 1929 crash. The result was the beginning of the end of the Domestic economy.
Have a look at these graphs with the timelines.
And this is not just the US but all the Advanced Economies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_inequalit...

And remember to look at the tax rates also in the years when the USA was doing the best. It is has happened to Europe as well.
Larry

Australia

#106751 May 5, 2013
armed resident wrote:
<quoted text>
ps to the brits /australians keep your limey mouths shut. you know nothing and are too arrogant to learn anything, you cant&#65279; even take care of your teeth.
We have the limes for the long sea voyges, need the vitamin c mate. otherwise if you spend long enough on the boat eating rations you end up with scurvy. Good thinking with the limes/ guns.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#106752 May 5, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of lackeys, how's your masters treating you knave? Are they providing enough defense for you? Because from what I hear, they are NOT:
Australia's Gun Ban - America's Warning from Abroad
http://dotsub.com/view/3fe2d2bf-cab6-4126-8dd...
Still believing the bullshit put out by the NRAS....funny...

Perth, Australia

#106753 May 6, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahomona, if the federal government was really serious about limiting or controlling so called assault weapons or high capacity magazines, it could simply tax the hell out of them. They have jurisdiction over interstate commerce. They tax cigarettes, gasoline, and more to limit the use. Not letting a good crisis go to waste, they are playing political games. I feel disgusted these idiots in Washington are using a horrific tragedy to advance a political agenda.
Yes a tax would be worthy of this government if another gun control bill fails...that is what I would do...tax the shit out of the mothers until it hurt...then they would get the message super loud and clear...but another tax would just incite the populus and you have some of them on your side, why would you risk that?
Is that the good crisis the gun lobby and gun supporters have totally ignored, it took the NRA a week to send their sympathy, very caring...better to use it for good than act like it never happened?....

Perth, Australia

#106754 May 6, 2013
Larry wrote:
Mexico does already have tough gun control...they just can't stop the guns flooding into the cartels from America....they are the Mexican Cartels largest drug customer so hence the ignoring of their gun control ban...

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#106755 May 6, 2013
Larry wrote:
Mexico has a low rate of crime??????

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Islam in America": A Conversation with Jonatha... 3 min Joe W 5
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Cheech the Conser... 320,161
News US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 3 min American1 896
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nos toill is Waxman 1,207,789
News Indiana House OKs religious objection bill by w... 5 min NorCal Native 157
News Russia providing arms to Ukrainian separatists:... 6 min ACTUALLY 613
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Dogen 155,152
News Indiana backlash: What you need to know 7 min Lawrence Wolf 24
News Cheney: Obama Is 'Worst President in My Lifetime' 14 min American1 512
News Apple's Tim Cook: Anti-gay laws are 'dangerous' 43 min Fredrick 42
More from around the web