It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103292 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

GoGoBar

Thailand

#104360 Apr 12, 2013
The funniest official gun stat is that 1/3 of US citizens murdered by guns cannot be given a reason as to the circumstances.
The official line is that we dont even know why this poor sucker was shot.
Isnt that wonderful.

Since: Dec 10

North Adelaide, Australia

#104361 Apr 12, 2013
Bob Carr wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies.
There were 4 million guns and 17 million people in Australia in 1996... so seems like a few people had guns.
The guns that were handed in were not broken, the government paid appropriate amounts of money for each gun that was handed in and most were compensated the full amount for each weapon.
Shooting is a popular sport here and is getting more popular.
Its the anti-gun fruit cakes that are a small but whiney minority.
Even people that dont own guns here dont have any strong opinions on gun ownership.
And I repeat, gun owners are the same numbers now as they were then...and they are the minority....
The gun buy back only got the guns people didn't want or were broken or were old....and yes, they got money for them and bought more after they got the cash..my brother in law was a avid gun member, sport shooter and collector and got a brand new lot to replace those he gave up, after the buy back....so it's a moot point...
When do gun shooters need assault rifles to enjoy their sport?...So what do they lose from the gun restrictions...we have restriction and we still have sport shooting with guns...funny that?
Americans don't have any strong opinions on anything, they tend to be sheep for the most part.

#104362 Apr 12, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>You have got to be the most STUPID person I have ever encountered. Im makeing a point to your dumb ass that america is not all unsafe. But you were too dumb to see that.
But since you didnt answer my question, by not answering you actuall did. You're doors are locked, your car doors are locked, and youre afraid to walk at midnight in your city parks walking trail.
What are you afraid of? Acording to you, australia is the safest place on earth.
I have my doors open bc I chose to, I dont like enclosed places, and if anyone enters unwanted, I shoot to kill.
You see, this is my home, my family, and as it stands now, I have the right to protect them at any means I see fit.
And that is exactly what I will do.
If that makes me nutty as a fruitcake, so be it.
Now, go doublelatch your windows and doors in that safe neighborhood you live in.
PS...I am positive that there are places you would not walk in America in the daylight or after dark, with a gun you lying sack of American bullshit.
Bob Carr

Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand

#104363 Apr 12, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
The funniest official gun stat is that 1/3 of US citizens murdered by guns cannot be given a reason as to the circumstances.
The official line is that we dont even know why this poor sucker was shot.
Isnt that wonderful.
Whats your official line for molesting kids ?
Do you give them a reason ?

Since: Feb 13

United States

#104364 Apr 12, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you would rather display to the crooks an open house policy and then shoot to kill...God you're a dick head. Why don't you just move to middle new york and sleep on the streets, you have a gun.
Its my property. Its my home. I paid for it, I own it, why should I close and lock myself behind close doors? Why?
Would you walk into someones home uninvited? Of course not. Bc you know better, you have more respect. If a crook chooses to freely walk into my home, then he also chooses what may follow and happen to him.
But no, you're saying, lock your doors, close your windows, and become a prisoner in your own world. Let the crook control your life, your freedom. Be a coward and give in to them, then maybe, by the crooks on grace and goodwill, he will not bother you.
Really?
Are you that naive and that big of a coward?
But as I stated b4, theres no reason for me to lock my doors or windows. I dont live in NYC or Chicago or Los Angeles, and there are NO foreigners here, no blacks,so the crime rate is extremely low.
Bob Carr

Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand

#104365 Apr 12, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
And I repeat, gun owners are the same numbers now as they were then...and they are the minority....
The gun buy back only got the guns people didn't want or were broken or were old....and yes, they got money for them and bought more after they got the cash..my brother in law was a avid gun member, sport shooter and collector and got a brand new lot to replace those he gave up, after the buy back....so it's a moot point...
When do gun shooters need assault rifles to enjoy their sport?...So what do they lose from the gun restrictions...we have restriction and we still have sport shooting with guns...funny that?
Americans don't have any strong opinions on anything, they tend to be sheep for the most part.
Its the anti gunner who are the minority. How many people are registered members of gun clubs... 200,000. How many registered members of anti-gun groups ? nobody knows. probably a dozen. They wont revel their numbers because they are so low.

United States

#104366 Apr 12, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
PS...I am positive that there are places you would not walk in America in the daylight or after dark, with a gun you lying sack of American bullshit.
First of all, shit for brains, you cant comprehend what you read can you?
I said, "WHERE I LIVE", get it!?
GoGoBar

Thailand

#104367 Apr 12, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>Its my property. Its my home. I paid for it, I own it, why should I close and lock myself behind close doors? Why?
Would you walk into someones home uninvited? Of course not. Bc you know better, you have more respect. If a crook chooses to freely walk into my home, then he also chooses what may follow and happen to him.
But no, you're saying, lock your doors, close your windows, and become a prisoner in your own world. Let the crook control your life, your freedom. Be a coward and give in to them, then maybe, by the crooks on grace and goodwill, he will not bother you.
Really?
But as I stated b4, theres no reason for me to lock my doors or windows. I dont live in NYC or Chicago or Los Angeles, and there are NO foreigners here, no blacks,so the crime rate is extremely low.
So you are a gay white poof just like your photo?
What a whimp.
You will die on Topix earning nothing.
Perhaps you can adopt a kid with the new laws and pass on your mantle to it when you retire.
HAHAHAHAHA.

United States

#104368 Apr 12, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you might have been trying to make that point but what you actually did is point out the utter stupidity of the yankee mentality...way to go there Billy Bob...found the rest of your body did ya....no improvement just proving what a poser you are....
You get your rocks on this shit dont you? I bet you just cream all in your panties everytime you get into an argument with a yank.
That yank that jilted you did a hellava job on you.
You're an old bitter sad lonely middleaged pot bellied woman, liveing in govt houseing, eating junk food all day long, swating flies are hover in your private area.
I understand, in that case, I'd be miserable too.
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#104369 Apr 12, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>You get your rocks on this shit dont you? I bet you just cream all in your panties everytime you get into an argument with a yank.
That yank that jilted you did a hellava job on you.
You're an old bitter sad lonely middleaged pot bellied woman, liveing in govt houseing, eating junk food all day long, swating flies are hover in your private area.
I understand, in that case, I'd be miserable too.
You neglected to mention that she's a BLOATED WARTHOG, and THE QUEEN OF STINK!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#104370 Apr 12, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you would rather display to the crooks an open house policy and then shoot to kill...God you're a dick head. Why don't you just move to middle new york and sleep on the streets, you have a gun.
Where in God's name is "middle new york"?

United States

#104372 Apr 12, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
What a whimp.
Perhaps you can adopt a kid with the new laws and pass on your mantle to it when you retire.
HAHAHAHAHA.
I have a son, thank you. Gay, whimp? Thats your opinion, you're entitled to it, and frankly, it doesnt phase me in the least, bc, you're insignificent, a freak, child molester liveing in thailand to escape justice.
Earning nothing? Whatever the hell you meant by that, only you know.
Now, are you going to tell us your stats on molesting kids? Others, as well as myself, have been asking you this very question for months, yet you havent answered.
Thats strange, bc you seem so anxious to throw stats at everything else.
Are you ashmaed of who/what you are?
If I were you, I'd be ashamed too.

United States

#104374 Apr 12, 2013
Sir Bucking Fastard wrote:
<quoted text>
You neglected to mention that she's a BLOATED WARTHOG, and THE QUEEN OF STINK!
Well, thats where the flies come in. I hate to say it, but Im proud she's an aussie, cause if she were american I'd change my nationality, she's an embaressment to logical human beings.

United States

#104375 Apr 12, 2013
HollybytheSea wrote:
<quoted text>Where in God's name is "middle new york"?
LOL
Police Chief Wiggum

Kansas City, MO

#104378 Apr 12, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
What a whimp.
HAHAHAHAHA.
Why does every post you make involve kids ?
GoGoBar

Thailand

#104379 Apr 12, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>I have a son, thank you. Gay, whimp? Thats your opinion, you're entitled to it, and frankly, it doesnt phase me in the least, bc, you're insignificent, a freak, child molester liveing in thailand to escape justice.
Earning nothing? Whatever the hell you meant by that, only you know.
Now, are you going to tell us your stats on molesting kids? Others, as well as myself, have been asking you this very question for months, yet you havent answered.
Thats strange, bc you seem so anxious to throw stats at everything else.
Are you ashmaed of who/what you are?
If I were you, I'd be ashamed too.
Hey, I will give you cre4dit for having a little pride left.
Because the moment you clicked on that Topix ad you must have been at the lowest point a human can sink to.
Now whatever your disabilty is, you just need to acknowledge that I am enjoying myself, pro bono, and you are making your pittance from my pleasure.
In the real world the customer gets satisfaction.
You had better stay right where you are.
Anonymous and nowhere.
And on welfare that I dont pay for.LOL>

#104380 Apr 12, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>Its my property. Its my home. I paid for it, I own it, why should I close and lock myself behind close doors? Why?
Really?
NO I would never walk into anyone's home uninvited but I am sure a crook would...how stupid do you lot have to be...what do you do when everyone goes out and leaves the house unattended?....leave your house unlocked do you? I don't think so lessen you are retarded.

#104381 Apr 12, 2013
HollybytheSea wrote:
<quoted text>Where in God's name is "middle new york"?
New York somewhere in the middle?
Police Chief Wiggum

Kansas City, MO

#104382 Apr 12, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I will give you cre4dit for having a little pride left.
Because the moment you clicked on that Topix ad you must have been at the lowest point a human can sink to.
Now whatever your disabilty is, you just need to acknowledge that I am enjoying myself, pro bono, and you are making your pittance from my pleasure.
In the real world the customer gets satisfaction.
You had better stay right where you are.
Anonymous and nowhere.
And on welfare that I dont pay for.LOL>
One day the cops will catch up with you sicko and you will be in the slammer.
You wont last long in there either, the other inmates wont be to kind to old pervert child molesters like you from what I have heard.

#104383 Apr 12, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>What, a persona like yours, no thank you.
You be a man, find someone who at least has pubic hair.
Have you shaved yours for effect like your chest as I am sure real men have chest hair unless they have too much estrogen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min NICK 80,682
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Teaman 1,761,882
News US judge refuses to dismiss ex-Trump aide Paul ... 7 min Trump suckers 164
News 'It's about time': President Trump pardons late... 8 min inbred Genius 67
News Trump presses for action as House GOP struggles... 9 min Raydot 44
News President Trump proposing billions in spending ... 11 min Stormy Abandonment 191
News International NewsTrump Cancels Summit, Citing ... 15 min Kilroy 6
News Barack and Michelle Obama sign Netflix deal to ... 1 hr Draft dodger 179
News Donald Trump calls unauthorized immigrants 'ani... 2 hr fish and poi 365