It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103299 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

Since: Dec 10

North Adelaide, Australia

#104151 Apr 11, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
“One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offence to keep arms, and by substituting a regular army in the stead of a resort to the militia. The friends of a free government cannot be too watchful to overcome the dangerous tendency of the public mind to sacrifice, for the sake of mere private convenience, this powerful check upon the designs of ambitious men."--Joseph Story, U.S. Supreme Court Justice and Constitutional scholar,[Familiar Exposition of the Constitution of the United States (1840)]
They disarmed, armed people??? and how is this done?
It is done with guns....no guns no disarmament???
spocko

Oakland, CA

#104152 Apr 11, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
“One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offence to keep arms, and by substituting a regular army in the stead of a resort to the militia. The friends of a free government cannot be too watchful to overcome the dangerous tendency of the public mind to sacrifice, for the sake of mere private convenience, this powerful check upon the designs of ambitious men."--Joseph Story, U.S. Supreme Court Justice and Constitutional scholar,[Familiar Exposition of the Constitution of the United States (1840)]
It would really help if you, at least, made an effort and move into the 21st century and join the rest of us ... come on Forrest you can do it!

#104153 Apr 11, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I waste my breath. You made your choice already, and apparently you can live with it.
A: But you have a duty to save souls if you know something that could save mine and fail to pass on that fantastical knowledge....god won't be happy.....and I didn't make up my mind, education and information did that....try it...and then maybe you wouldn't be reduced to making up nonsense....like most of these other lunatics that see spirits or ghosts or the dead...Do you know there are people around the word that can start next nuclear holocaust and it is resting on the defense of their religious beliefs....they should all be committed....or medicated, at the very least.

#104154 Apr 11, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
A: You are quite the fanatic aren't cha! religious spiritual, gun and even freedom fighters who often turn out to be the example of the tyrannical authority they hate.
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#104155 Apr 11, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
No! is that your response to being caught out...cut snake syndrome is the sign of the guilty...
Talking about yourself again, WANKETTE, oh QUEEN OF STINK?
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#104156 Apr 11, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
A: You are quite the fanatic aren't cha! religious spiritual, gun and even freedom fighters who often turn out to be the example of the tyrannical authority they hate.
Yet MORE words to describe YOURSELF, oh WANKETTE QUEEN OF STINK?
:-))

#104157 Apr 11, 2013
Sir Bucking Fastard wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet MORE words to describe YOURSELF, oh WANKETTE QUEEN OF STINK?
OOh does your little delusional friend need you to rush in and be his champion...come on Dave's bitch let's see what you can come up with...you are for guns and drugs...don't tell me you are a religious nutter as well....now I am all for anything that can be proven and your mate stated that it could be, yet failed to deliver.... and you dare to attack me when he can't provide said evidence...that is a tad unfair methinks and biased...not the mindset of someone who should own a gun...or smoke pot.

#104158 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Talking about yourself again, WANKETTE, oh QUEEN OF STINK?
I love it when you get owned...it is one thing to own someone with intelligence but to own a hypocritical bigot is priceless...you should try it...no on second thoughts you haven't got a gnats intelligence...OOOOOh this is so satisfying, to see you speechless and posting one liners....go for it, that is all you've got.
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#104159 Apr 11, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
OOh does your little delusional friend need you to rush in and be his champion...come on Dave's bitch let's see what you can come up with...you are for guns and drugs...don't tell me you are a religious nutter as well....now I am all for anything that can be proven and your mate stated that it could be, yet failed to deliver.... and you dare to attack me when he can't provide said evidence...that is a tad unfair methinks and biased...not the mindset of someone who should own a gun...or smoke pot.
If you keep talking about YOURSELF in the above fashion, somebody might call your local whitecoat squad, and pack you off to a padded room, oh WANKETTE QUEEN OF STINK!!
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#104160 Apr 11, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when you get owned...it is one thing to own someone with intelligence but to own a hypocritical bigot is priceless...you should try it...no on second thoughts you haven't got a gnats intelligence...OOOOOh this is so satisfying, to see you speechless and posting one liners....go for it, that is all you've got.
Dear WANKETTE QUEEN OF STINK: You're projecting yet again!!

#104161 Apr 11, 2013
ROTFLMFAO......Let's see davidQ762 and Sir Bucking Fastard holding hands and tip toeing through the tulips and spreading their magic dust, to make us all believe in the land of imaginings......they are the perfect little pair of fairies. :)

#104162 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Dear WANKETTE QUEEN OF STINK: You're projecting yet again!!
Listen Sir Bucking Fastard or Dr Freud or whoever you are....Projecting is good if there is a purposeful intent.....WHAT in your gods name, LOL, is your purpose?

#104163 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
If you keep talking about YOURSELF in the above fashion, somebody might call your local whitecoat squad, and pack you off to a padded room, oh WANKETTE QUEEN OF STINK!!
Look at you producing a post with none of your pathetic gun propaganda and nonsense, because you have nothing left all your lies and delusions have disappeared (poof) in a puff of smoke.....my job is done...What do you think?

#104164 Apr 11, 2013
ADVERTISEMENT........WANTED... Next gun owning twits that can move to take the losing position on the gun debate.... David and Fastard, are finished losing for their side.... You must have some form of intelligence ie, open minded, efficient and diligent in their pursuit of their cause.... we have not yet found one that is, but I am hopeful you will give it your best shot....NO TROLLS NEED APPLY....
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#104165 Apr 11, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
ROTFLMFAO......Let's see davidQ762 and Sir Bucking Fastard holding hands and tip toeing through the tulips and spreading their magic dust, to make us all believe in the land of imaginings......they are the perfect little pair of fairies.:)
Having MORE homosexual fantasies, WANKETTE QUEEN OF STINK?
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#104166 Apr 11, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
ADVERTISEMENT........WANTED... Next gun owning twits that can move to take the losing position on the gun debate.... David and Fastard, are finished losing for their side.... You must have some form of intelligence ie, open minded, efficient and diligent in their pursuit of their cause.... we have not yet found one that is, but I am hopeful you will give it your best shot....NO TROLLS NEED APPLY....
Classic tactic: PRETENDING that you've 'won' whatever argument as a ploy to deceive the unthinking.

Well, it has NOT worked here before, is NOT working now, and WILL NOT work in the future, oh WANKETTE QUEEN OF STINK!

#104167 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Having MORE homosexual fantasies, WANKETTE QUEEN OF STINK?
More one liners you must be flustered.

#104168 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Classic tactic: PRETENDING that you've 'won' whatever argument as a ploy to deceive the unthinking.
Well, it has NOT worked here before, is NOT working now, and WILL NOT work in the future, oh WANKETTE QUEEN OF STINK!
Too late!
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#104169 Apr 11, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Too late!
For YOU, yes it is, oh WANKETTE QUEEN OF STINK!
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#104170 Apr 11, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
More one liners you must be flustered.
Huh! Speaking of one-liners, what's ^that^?
YOU LOSE, oh WANKETTE QUEEN OF STINK!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 1 min Frankie Rizzo 2,007
News Jobs report shows Trump to inherit solid but un... 1 min Mikey 35
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min Freespirit8 403,625
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 2 min President Donald ... 14,555
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min inbred Genius 253,021
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min OzRitz 62,306
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 7 min inbred Genius 152
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Ghey Ghost 1,458,030
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 21 min angry confused de... 2,909
More from around the web