It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments
97,121 - 97,140 of 103,228 Comments Last updated Jun 22, 2014

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103975
Apr 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

This is a open letter to all of you that want more gun control. In connecticut the young man used his Mother's legal gun to kill those children. He had downs syndrome and his mother thought him to shoot.

In Colorado's movie theater . He had Legal guns ,he was not a felon.

So what will this B.S. legislation do except make people feel good?
spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103976
Apr 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because criminals are selfish cowards. And always seek the path of least resistance. That's why almost none of those mass shooters try their treachery in police stations or army bases.(Only the suicidal/homicidal maniacs do that). Armed people are a FREE and SAFE people. The unarmed are left to the mercy of their attacker. And are left with no recourse.
God gave us the precious gift of Life. And He expects us to take measures to PRESERVE it:
ďWhen a strong man armed, keepeth his palace, his goods are in peaceĒ--Jesus, Luke 11:21
"And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through".--Jesus, Luke 12:39
Then said he unto them, "But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one".-- Jesus, whom is the Christ - The Lord, Luke 22:36
There are also many warnings to people that will not defend themselves or their faith:
"For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape....."-- 1 Thess. 5:3
Do you know who were the first people yo practice arms control?-
1 Samuel 13:19 -
Now there was no smith found throughout all the land of Israel: for the Philistines said, Lest the Hebrews make [them] swords or spears:
And this is the reason WHY we must never allow the disarming of American Citizens;
1 Samuel 13:22 -
So it came to pass in the day of battle, that there was neither sword nor spear found in the hand of any of the people that [were] with Saul and Jonathan: but with Saul and with Jonathan his son was there found.
"A View of that great and flourishing City of BOSTON, when in its purity, and out of the Hands of the Philistines."
- A Declaration Setting forth the Causes and Necessity Of their taking up Arms, July 6th, 1775.
And where are the "Philistines" now?(Seems as if they have subversively spread all around the world).
Thus can those that that support 'gun control' can be referred to as "Philistines".
Are >you< a "Philistine" Ahomana?
In the Twilight Zone

Since: Apr 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103977
Apr 10, 2013
 
America is crazy. And i'm American. Our gun laws are insaine, our media is insaine, its just slowly becoming a huge shit hole. All you see now is violence and slutty underage girls partying and random mass shootings all over the news. Its just out of hand, i can clearly see why we have such a bad stareotype. We need to clean up our act.
spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103978
Apr 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Natty Bumppo wrote:
<quoted text>
What's sad and pathetic are liberals like you who think they are soooo intelligent, but nothing but socialists and commies. If you had ever served in the military then you would appreciate your 2nd amendment gun rights. But instead liberals are cowards that don't have the balls to stand up and defend this country. Move to No Korea you commie prick.
Thanks for clearing that up ye moron ...
spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103979
Apr 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Kevin McDermott wrote:
This is a open letter to all of you that want more gun control. In connecticut the young man used his Mother's legal gun to kill those children. He had downs syndrome and his mother thought him to shoot.
In Colorado's movie theater . He had Legal guns ,he was not a felon.
So what will this B.S. legislation do except make people feel good?
Your logic is childish and meaningless as you are suggesting ďall laws are useless; for good men do not need laws at all, and bad men are made no different by themĒ!
I'm with you on the futility of municipal gun bans and other localized restrictions on the private ownership of firearms. They do little to prevent evildoers from obtaining and carrying lethal weapons. Any attempt to declare "no gun" zones in urban areas that are surrounded by suburban and exurban gun-dealers are as ineffective as declaring "no peeing" zones in public swimming pools. In both cases, the flow is so easy and inevitable that it renders boundaries basically imaginary and wishful thinking at best. As long as we permit the straw purchase of virtually unlimited numbers of firearms, as long as we don't carefully track the custody of these weapons from hand to hand by means of a nation wide database, and as long as we don't require background checks prior to every gun sale, local ordinances will be chain-link levees. Their "failure" proves nothing and suggests nothing.

“" BITE ME "”

Since: Dec 10

Olney township

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103981
Apr 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
Those who are awake will notice that in post #103955 I am "not quite myself".:)
So much for Topix's "Privacy Policy".:(
No, you're just full of yourself... Still.

“" BITE ME "”

Since: Dec 10

Olney township

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103982
Apr 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because criminals are selfish cowards. And always seek the path of least resistance. That's why almost none of those mass shooters try their treachery in police stations or army bases.(Only the suicidal/homicidal maniacs do that). Armed people are a FREE and SAFE people. The unarmed are left to the mercy of their attacker. And are left with no recourse.
God gave us the precious gift of Life. And He expects us to take measures to PRESERVE it:
ďWhen a strong man armed, keepeth his palace, his goods are in peaceĒ--Jesus, Luke 11:21
"And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through".--Jesus, Luke 12:39
Then said he unto them, "But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one".-- Jesus, whom is the Christ - The Lord, Luke 22:36
There are also many warnings to people that will not defend themselves or their faith:
"For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape....."-- 1 Thess. 5:3
Do you know who were the first people yo practice arms control?-
1 Samuel 13:19 -
Now there was no smith found throughout all the land of Israel: for the Philistines said, Lest the Hebrews make [them] swords or spears:
And this is the reason WHY we must never allow the disarming of American Citizens;
1 Samuel 13:22 -
So it came to pass in the day of battle, that there was neither sword nor spear found in the hand of any of the people that [were] with Saul and Jonathan: but with Saul and with Jonathan his son was there found.
"A View of that great and flourishing City of BOSTON, when in its purity, and out of the Hands of the Philistines."
- A Declaration Setting forth the Causes and Necessity Of their taking up Arms, July 6th, 1775.
And where are the "Philistines" now?(Seems as if they have subversively spread all around the world).
Thus can those that that support 'gun control' can be referred to as "Philistines".
Are >you< a "Philistine" Ahomana?
Another Bible thumping Tharg.

Imagine that...

Evolution gave you over eons of time and through gross trial and error, PARENTAL INSTINCT, an overwhelmingly powerful proclivity to protect our young.

Where's your's?

Preach somewhere else.
spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103984
Apr 10, 2013
 
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comprehension level is obviously nonexistent:
"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall NOT be infringed".
Yep, so they said 220 years ago when the choice came down to a musket or bow and arrow ... ye moron!

“" BITE ME "”

Since: Dec 10

Olney township

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103985
Apr 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, so they said 220 years ago when the choice came down to a musket or bow and arrow ... ye moron!
You mean to say... The Founders didn't foretell or otherwise foresee assault weapons?

Say it isn't so...
spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103987
Apr 10, 2013
 
Empathica wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean to say... The Founders didn't foretell or otherwise foresee assault weapons?
Say it isn't so...
Yeah man wuz up with that?

“" BITE ME "”

Since: Dec 10

Olney township

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103991
Apr 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
America Doesnít Have a Gun Problem, It Has a Gang Problem
"Chicagoís murder numbers have hit that magic 500. Baltimoreís murder toll has passed 200. In Philly, itís up to 324, the highest since 2007. In Detroit, itís approaching 400, another record. In New Orleans, itís almost at 200. New York City is down to 414 from 508. In Los Angeles, itís over 500. In St. Louis itís 113 and 130 in Oakland. Itís 121 in Memphis and 76 in Birmingham.
"Washington, D.C., home of the boys and girls who can solve it all, is nearing its own big 100.
"Those 12 cities alone account for nearly 3,200 dead and nearly a quarter of all murders in the United States. And we havenít even visited sunny Atlanta or chilly Cleveland...."
"...Homicide rates like these show that something is broken, but it isnít broken among the Romney voters rushing to stock up on assault rifles every time Obama begins threatening their right to buy them; itís broken among OBAMAíS base...."
"...A breakdown of the Chicago killing fields shows that 83% of those murdered in Chicago last year had criminal records. In Philly, itís 75%. In Milwaukee itís 77% percent. In New Orleans, itís 64%. In Baltimore, itís 91%. Many were felons who had served time. And as many as 80% of the homicides were gang related...."
http://frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenfield/amer...
Topix Forum Link:
http://frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenfield/amer...
America has a "Responsibility" problem. You can't legislate responsibility so therefore...

You simply take the toys away.

“" BITE ME "”

Since: Dec 10

Olney township

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103994
Apr 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

DavidQ762 wrote:
It's the Guns, stupid?
No, not even close. IT'S THE GANGS, stupid.
Our treasonous government is attempting to punish EVERYONE for the crimes of a very few. Instead of going after the people that are REALLY causing the problem. They attempt to VIOLATE We The People's Constitution. When they should be using their DELEGATED authority to go after the REAL criminals. They are using the criminals in order to advance their own perverse agenda. Capitalizing on the rare mass shooting events. Of which there probably wouldn't have been ANY - AT ALL. If We The People were all Armed as was Constitutionally INTENDED. Our [supposed]'leaders' are FRAUDS.
Oh ^look^, yet another disgruntled Conservative Bible Babbler who didn't get their Bush tax rebate this time around.

Bummer.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104001
Apr 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, so they said 220 years ago when the choice came down to a musket or bow and arrow ... ye moron!
They also did not foresee a standing army or the political corruption rampant now. They also did not see internet, computers, electronic voting booths, radio, TV. They did however remember history and foresee human nature staying the same in the many years to come. The fact that humans will still have the same problems years from now even if the method changes. Rights do not expire just because time passes. The strong will always attempt to enslave or take advantage of the weak. Those in power will always attempt to expand that power. They knew governments always outgrow their intended purpose and the people in order to control that power must maintain the ability to reel that power in. So yes as the governments weapons evolve so must the citizens in order to maintain checks and balances. They did know that.
cilly sunt

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104002
Apr 10, 2013
 
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
And this coming from an effeminate one that has already let their perverse government disarm them? The VAST MAJORITY of Americans are VERY "responsible" It's much of the welfare class and our perverse government that are the REAL problem.
I notice in your posts you quite often equate gun ownership with male sexuality,ď emasculated australians, this blokes effeminate because he disagrees with you ď.
Here's the one you want, will make you feel like a real man, looks like a 12 inch barrel.

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/14389/145...
spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104003
Apr 10, 2013
 
Natty Bumppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me what it's like living in a criminal cesspool like Oakland, Ca? Commies, criminals and illegal aliens I guess. Do you live there by choice or is it the generous welfare system your bankrupt state has. When the welfare finally trickles to an end, that's when you will need a gun if you plan to go on living.
Compared to what - your cave?
spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104004
Apr 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> They also did not foresee a standing army or the political corruption rampant now. They also did not see internet, computers, electronic voting booths, radio, TV. They did however remember history and foresee human nature staying the same in the many years to come. The fact that humans will still have the same problems years from now even if the method changes. Rights do not expire just because time passes. The strong will always attempt to enslave or take advantage of the weak. Those in power will always attempt to expand that power. They knew governments always outgrow their intended purpose and the people in order to control that power must maintain the ability to reel that power in. So yes as the governments weapons evolve so must the citizens in order to maintain checks and balances. They did know that.
Of course Forrest ... whatever you say :-/

“" BITE ME "”

Since: Dec 10

Olney township

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104005
Apr 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
And this coming from an effeminate one that has already let their perverse government disarm them? The VAST MAJORITY of Americans are VERY "responsible" It's much of the welfare class and our perverse government that are the REAL problem.
Responsible? Tell that to the deputy, who's 4 year old shot and killed his wife yesterday. The deputy responsibly left his personal, loaded weapon laying on the bed during a family gathering. Happens everyday within this country. Newtown is a prime example of the responsibility level with you "law abiding" gun owners.

You know, I'm simply amazed that neolithic knuckle dragging, Gospel gumbies like yourself...

Are able to find your fly with both hands.

Perhaps, not.
GoGoBar

Pattaya, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104010
Apr 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
"...Homicide rates like these show that something is broken, but it isnít broken among the Romney voters rushing to stock up on assault rifles every time Obama begins threatening their right to buy them; itís broken among OBAMAíS base...."
"...A breakdown of the Chicago killing fields shows that 83% of those murdered in Chicago last year had criminal records. In Philly, itís 75%. In Milwaukee itís 77% percent. In New Orleans, itís 64%. In Baltimore, itís 91%. Many were felons who had served time. And as many as 80% of the homicides were gang related...."
http://frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenfield/amer...
Topix Forum Link:
http://frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenfield/amer...
The murder rate is pretty uniform accross all the States.
Around 4.8/100,000. The same as Yemen.

Gang related is about 10% of the murders in the US.

The biggest circumstance is arguments.

The smallest circumstance is self defence.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...
outing the pedos

Chisinau, Moldova

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104013
Apr 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.
outing the pedos

Chisinau, Moldova

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104014
Apr 10, 2013
 
GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids. GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

GoGoBar is an pedophile who lives above a child sex club in Thailand who molests kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••