It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments (Page 4,812)

Showing posts 96,221 - 96,240 of103,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Wayne LaPierre

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

just an allusion wrote:
I'm still waiting for one(1), just one(1), logical, rationale, reasonable explanation why your typical, average, everyday citizen-at-large would require a semi-auto/automatic/military style, assault grade weapon to defend themselves &/or their property, the AR-15 under contention for example...Just one(1), you know, much like I'm still waiting for someone to show me one(1), just one(1), so-called "Weapon of Mass Destruction" to justify all of the tax payer money and the lives of our sons and daughters, mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters of our soldiers in arms, not to mention all of the civilian lives we lost here in the states with the destruction of the World Trade Center Towers, as well as all of the subsequent and still tabulating deaths resulting from the Towers' the toxic debris fallout, the government has and is put(ting) into the yet still ongoing war in the Middle East...Just one(1).
Anyone...?
Increased market share of the American economy.
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

just an allusion wrote:
I'm still waiting for one(1), just one(1), logical, rationale, reasonable explanation why your typical, average, everyday citizen-at-large would require a semi-auto/automatic/military style, assault grade weapon to defend themselves &/or their property, the AR-15 under contention for example...Just one(1), you know, much like I'm still waiting for someone to show me one(1), just one(1), so-called "Weapon of Mass Destruction" to justify all of the tax payer money and the lives of our sons and daughters, mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters of our soldiers in arms, not to mention all of the civilian lives we lost here in the states with the destruction of the World Trade Center Towers, as well as all of the subsequent and still tabulating deaths resulting from the Towers' the toxic debris fallout, the government has and is put(ting) into the yet still ongoing war in the Middle East...Just one(1).
Anyone...?
First of all, they don't fire any differently than most hunting rifles which are more lethal. They are not military weapons. The military uses automatic weapons. They are simply military in appearance. I don't know where term weapon of mass destruction comes from. Most semiautomatic hand guns carry more rounds and are a larger caliber.

One example would be a rancher on the southern border with drug cartel trafficking through his property and subject to a home invasion out in the wilderness.

What if the twin tower attack was even better planned and was accompanied by a sleeper cell uprising in the streets with their automatic weapons? Could the average citizen protect his home and family? The second amendment provides the average citizen the ability to defend themselves.

And most of all, once you tinker with one of the bill of rights, the rest of them are vulnerable. Maybe someday the press speaking out against government policy would become treasonous once the bills of rights are compromised.

Why don't we try criminal control instead of disarming honest citizens?
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Wayne LaPierre wrote:
<quoted text>
Increased market share of the American economy.
The military industrial complex does that very well on its own without the public market.
GoGoBar is a Pedo

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
The military industrial complex does that very well on its own without the public market.
3200ft/second. A NATO round.

Go away Tea!

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

GoGoBar is a Pedo wrote:
<quoted text>
A NATO round.
Which means what exactly?

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

GoGoBar is a Pedo wrote:
<quoted text>
3200ft/second. A NATO round.
Go away Tea!
Duh. NATO bullets go fast. Duh.
Frank

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

just an allusion wrote:
Anyone...?
Lots of explanations in the rightwing - alternative universe ...
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Derrr, alternative universe. Are you parroting Move On or Think Progress?
The Bucking Fastard

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
But don't you really mean the 'leftwing alternative universe' where you communofascist ZIONAZIS are bitter clingers to your belief system where everyone is subject to your oppressive control freak, power junky ideology?
Don't be afraid to admit it, because every time you post, it bleeds right on through.
The Bucking Fastard

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

just an allusion wrote:
Anyone...?
You want an answer to your query?
All any red-blooded American has to say is that he has the right to own just any darned gun he damned well pleases, and he DOES NOT have render ANY kind of reason to you or anyone else.

Americans have a BILL OF RIGHT, and NOT as bill of needs, or wants.

FInally, do tell: Just how is it that you conflate the events of 9-11-2001 with gun ownership?
The Bucking Fastard

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Derrr, alternative universe. Are you parroting Move On or Think Progress?
She's parroting the buttcrack in the whitehouse.
Frank

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

The Bucking Fastard wrote:
<quoted text>
But don't you really mean the 'leftwing alternative universe' where you communofascist ZIONAZIS are bitter clingers to your belief system where everyone is subject to your oppressive control freak, power junky ideology?
Don't be afraid to admit it, because every time you post, it bleeds right on through.
Huh?
The Bucking Fastard

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
Yeah!
Tm Clmns

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

The Bucking Fastard wrote:
<quoted text>
You want an answer to your query?
All any red-blooded American has to say is that he has the right to own just any darned gun he damned well pleases, and he DOES NOT have render ANY kind of reason to you or anyone else.
Americans have a BILL OF RIGHT, and NOT as bill of needs, or wants.
FInally, do tell: Just how is it that you conflate the events of 9-11-2001 with gun ownership?
Stop crying about 911.. You finally got back a bit of your own medicine..

How about a little "shock and Awe" for you...

Enjoy....
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

cancare=aluminium =satellite
cancer line latitude=look map if i am liar
look globe map where going..
latitude is measured of degree..

Since: Feb 11

Soham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, they don't fire any differently than most hunting rifles which are more lethal. They are not military weapons. The military uses automatic weapons. They are simply military in appearance. I don't know where term weapon of mass destruction comes from. Most semiautomatic hand guns carry more rounds and are a larger caliber.
One example would be a rancher on the southern border with drug cartel trafficking through his property and subject to a home invasion out in the wilderness.
What if the twin tower attack was even better planned and was accompanied by a sleeper cell uprising in the streets with their automatic weapons? Could the average citizen protect his home and family? The second amendment provides the average citizen the ability to defend themselves.
And most of all, once you tinker with one of the bill of rights, the rest of them are vulnerable. Maybe someday the press speaking out against government policy would become treasonous once the bills of rights are compromised.
Why don't we try criminal control instead of disarming honest citizens?
Criminal control ???? just to be clear, are you talking about the scum to be found in the average neighbourhood,,or poloticians,,I bet you mean both ;-)
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Criminal control ???? just to be clear, are you talking about the scum to be found in the average neighbourhood,,or poloticians,,I bet you mean both ;-)
Yes, both would be something to see. The federal government would be a target rich environment.:-)

A Grand Jury probe into one of my senator's shady deeds has begun. His good friend and campaign donor had been bilking the Medicare system and the senator intervened in the dispute in favor of his buddy. Federal contracts were directed his way also.

This is the side of a federally run healthcare system no one seems to see.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/n...

The investigation had been delayed by Obama's Attorney General until after the election last November.

Soham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, both would be something to see. The federal government would be a target rich environment.:-)
A Grand Jury probe into one of my senator's shady deeds has begun. His good friend and campaign donor had been bilking the Medicare system and the senator intervened in the dispute in favor of his buddy. Federal contracts were directed his way also.
This is the side of a federally run healthcare system no one seems to see.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/n...
The investigation had been delayed by Obama's Attorney General until after the election last November.
Yes,,it's interesting how the smell is the same regardless of the location.

I think I mentioned previously that a public vote is to be organised regarding the British peoples feeling on whether they wish to remain in the EU. IF this takes place it will not occur untill 2015, however we all want that vote now. In the meantime two more eastern european countries will be joining the EU flooding the UK with cheap, uneducated labour.
These immmigrants can under our present rules claim a myriad of benefits from the UK and have them paid in their countries of origin . A recipe for self destruction,,the same is happening in the US,,,other countries look on and chuckle,,,OHHHHHHHHHHHH how little they realise they go down to.

Can you tell me what reason Obama's Attorney General gave for delaying an investigation untill after the election ????????
Jasmine88

Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

oh my... i cant believe what i am reading!!!!

Soham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Jasmine88 wrote:
oh my... i cant believe what i am reading!!!!
That's really helpfull,,,thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 96,221 - 96,240 of103,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••